Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Expanding The Campaign Map

Swagger's Avatar Imperial Coffee-Runner

Default Re: Tutorial: Expanding The Campaign Map

just one question j@mes...

you should have seen my thread, about ''how to expand the map''

the curious part, was that it was for the crusades campaign...

did you made this tutorial, and using the crusades map just for me ?...or 'inspired' in me ?

anyway..it's a very good tutorial, too bad i already learn how to do it, before you made it..otherwise it would be very usefull...

Under the Patronage of the Dreadful cedric37!
    Ancs Guide, Emergent Factions , Yes/No Events |L'Outremer for Modders| Swagger's Skymod

sorry where was that? no i made this based on the amount of PM i had asking how i extended America so instead of replying to them every week it where more practical just to write a tutorial on this and the crusader campaign where just random.

Quote Originally Posted by J@mes View Post
    sorry where was that? no i made this based on the amount of PM i had asking how i extended America so instead of replying to them every week it where more practical just to write a tutorial on this and the crusader campaign where just random.
    me for one you have anymore tutorials like this planned?.
    I managed to get a full map working but my rivers and moutains need major work maybe you could shed some light in these areas.

Swagger's Avatar Imperial Coffee-Runner

j@mes:

see HERE

Grneyeddvl, was the one who said he might be going to do a How to Expand the map tutorial..

j@mes, i added the Caspian sea...

and after i see the pixel connection (only from pixel edges) i still get a triangle, where it shouldn't be anything (or sea)...

the map_heights, map_ground_types, map_climates are cool..

no ideas ?

:hmmm:
    Under the Patronage of the Dreadful cedric37!
    Ancs Guide, Emergent Factions , Yes/No Events |L'Outremer for Modders| Swagger's Skymod

sorry i thought you wrote a tutorial on this! had the wrong end of the stick i will take a look at this.

Nice tutorial.

Venta Icenor Um's Avatar Civis

Hi, nice tutorial, i just successfully (well almost successfully) extended my map north and added a few nice new regions, all was going well untill when i got it up and running untill i tried to end the first turn when i got a CTD. I think it may have something to do with the snow, so which file deals with where snow is placed and what should i remember to look out for when i am editing the aforementioned files?
    Those who live by the sword, Play Total War

map climates deals with snow. what does your log say?

Mr.Man's Avatar Civis

i tried expanding the broken crescent map to include greece and i keep getting unspecified error that doesn't show up in system log. I havent added any new regions or cities and ive kept it pretty simple by just adding only water.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Man View Post
    i tried expanding the broken crescent map to include greece and i keep getting unspecified error that doesn't show up in system log. I havent added any new regions or cities and ive kept it pretty simple by just adding only water.
    First of all what are the default heights and width of the crescent map? do you get to see the map?
    do you have full error logging on?

Mr.Man's Avatar Civis

The default height273 width420 my height is 273 and my width is 460. And i get the unspecified error when i try and start a game, like it freezes right after i click start the ctd's and says unspecified error and nothin shows up in system log

Indefinitely Banned

Excellent tutorial.

Evil_Dane's Avatar Semisalis

Any guide on this for gimp, as my other computer with Photoshop is down for a while? :

Evil_Dane check my sig for the GIMP tutorial.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Man View Post
    If you expanding the map to west, then you will need to redo every coordinate in the maps. The game starts out in the SW corner at 0,0 and all the adding you can do is to the south and east without having to do a bunch of text editting.

Its not too hard to expand to the west though, if you round the map size up by expanding east first. Then expand west by 100 or 200 pixels, that way its a simple matter of adding 100 or 200 to the x co-ordinate for each resource and army/agent. Didn't take me more than half an hour...

Default Re: Expanding The Campaign Map

Hi. i'm trying to create a new mod, i've already added over 30 settlements and it works. now i'm trying to expand the map. i do all those steps, but i've got an error. when i looked at system.log file i saw that all the things that have coordinate in the map have an "invalid tile" problem... i think i don't have a problem with the maps but just a coordinate problem.. i couldn't fix it... anybody has an idea??

was because of i was expanding to west... i just redid the coordinates in the descr_strat and fixed it... thanx..

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Yup, post #36 was mentioning that (more or less).

MathiasOfAthens's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris

Its always good to know the old way to do things but Geomod will do this now in a matter of seconds...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12