Thread: Over the state of things

DrIstvaan's Avatar Artifex

Default Over the state of things

Hi all!
    I've seen there was no activity here recently, as the latest post is from 03/20. Nevertheless, I'll now write for our fans about how things are around here so that they are at least well-informed.
    So. The mod is now at a halt, due to ONE single thing: there are not enough modellers and skinners to carry on the materialization of the unit rosters (we have one, DieKugelstoBer*, but AFAIK he's pretty busy with other projects). The lists are quite well ready, but we'd need someone to make models and textures for the units. So, if any one of you reading this can do at least one of them, or knows anyone who can and would probably like to help us out, PLEASE let me know.
    Apart from that, this mod would stand very well; we have much information about most faction, and the campaign script is in a neat shape.
    So, RenTW is definitely not dead, it's only waiting for extra crew.

*Sorry man, I don't have that character on my keyboard layout, so I had to type a "-B-" instead of that.

You may want to take a look at my small mod, Like Orange in Black Chocolate.
    Under the patronage of Silver Guard

Default Re: Over the state of things

One thing I forgot from the first post, but I think it should be here.
    The current, 2.75 version of Renaissance Total War runs with M2TW patch 1.1, not 1.2. However, there have been reportings of it working with 1.3.
    So, it's 100% that it's compatible with 1.1, 99% that it doesn't work with 1.2, and not sure if if works with 1.3. For this, I ask anyone who decides to volunteer to try it with his/her installation of M2TW 1.3 to PM me with the results (i.e. if they could play Renaissance or not).

I'll use this third post to note players who've reported the mod to run or not to run with M2TW 1.3.
    -farquezy: No compatibility issue, runs perfectly.

(Hmmm, I suppose it'll be better if I make this thread open...)
    Well... it *has* been some time since I last wrote here; time to make up for it .
    Unfortunately, there's not much going on even now, BUT the mods's most definitely not dead!
    It seems we have a skinner (surprisedbyjoy), but we'd need a modeller to supply models to be skinned.
    BUT!
    I'm planning a new version which will contain coding (and maybe some map) changes and which I'll probably make myself; it won't change anything drastic, but make subtle changes to the already-existing 2.75 version. More info on it when I'm working on it and see what I can make out of it.
    Right now, I don't have M2TW installed; yesterday I was about to look into the mod when I installed a new HDD, and POOF! my Windows is gone... I had to reinstall my OS, which means I'll have to reinstall M2TW+patches, which means a LOT of time.

Anyway, in the name of the whole team...
    I wish you all a very happy new year!!!

Senator

Nice to see the mod is still alive and kicking!

Hey everyone!
    There is new hope for this project! I've teamed up with Marv933 and we're re-creating this mod.
    I can't tell much about it right now, aside from the facts that we'll have a new map and revamped faction list, but you can be sure I'll inform you of our progress from time to time .

boche's Avatar Ordinarius
    mi querida Espaņa, Islas canarias/ My beloved Spain, canary islands

nice, great to hear!

Tiro

Not sure if this is still active, but if it is i must say that i really like that you try to make the renaissance a bit more part of M2TW.

Not a very good modder but id like to help out if possible
    1. "Waste no more time arguing about what a good man should be. Be one."- Marcus Aurelius Ceasar.
    2. "One should never need to apologise for what was light-hearted banter.."- James Purefoy