Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Who here has been to the US?

KaerMorhen's Avatar Vicarius

Default Re: Who here has been to the US?

Quote Originally Posted by Last Roman View Post
    woop-woop!

seriously, a lot people think Minnesota is just frozen pine forests in the north and stinking farm-land in the south.

well, ok, that's kinda true. But the country is beautiful in spring and fall (especially fall) and the Twin Cities are a diamond in the rough that is the mid-west. Besides with the obvious exception of Chicago, I don't think you'll find more diverse and cosmopolitan cities in the mid-west.
    that's true I lived and worked in Minneapolis but partied in St. Pauls -
    There was very clean comparing to other US cities I've been to especially Detroit but I'd love the place for it great urban exploring opportunities.

Quote Originally Posted by Publius View Post
    Me too, whereabouts? I hail from Los Osos, great place (though I hear its become rather commercialized of late )
    I was born in Modesto, California. Sadly, the closest it has come to being famous is that Stacey Peterson(the girl who was murdered a few years ago by her husband) was from. I think it was a pretty good place, but I was only there for a year or two, so I dont have a whole lot of memories.

Panzerbear's Avatar Praeses

OK, for starters, I live in MN so have been pretty much everywhere in Minnesota + all neighboring states.

other than that, obviously New York City, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Chicago, Seattle, Atlanta, Orlando, Miami, St. Louis, Kansas City, Las Vegas, other big cities, I have been to quite a few states just driving by...

I am DYING to visit Boston and everything New England...

Throw away all your newspapers!
    Most of you are Libertarians, you just havent figured it out yet.

Axeman's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by Last Roman View Post
    woop-woop!

seriously, a lot people think Minnesota is just frozen pine forests in the north and stinking farm-land in the south.

well, ok, that's kinda true. But the country is beautiful in spring and fall (especially fall) and the Twin Cities are a diamond in the rough that is the mid-west. Besides with the obvious exception of Chicago, I don't think you'll find more diverse and cosmopolitan cities in the mid-west.
    Isnt there also strip mining there?

Just kidding, anyway I have been to Las Vegas*what happens in Vegas didn't stay in Vegas* New York, and I went on a cruise in Alaska.

☻/ This is Muhammad.
    /▌  Copy and paste him
    / \ so as to commit horrible blasphemy!
    If there were a God, I think it very unlikely that he would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt his existence. --Bertrand Russell

I've been as far west as California, as far north as Chicago and Pennsylvania, and as far south as the Virgin Islands. And nothing beats Charleston, SC or the Florida Keys! Then there's Clemson, SC too!

Ephialtes The Dog's Avatar Vicarius
    Under your bed, in your closet, in your head!!!

I live in Texas and have traveled all along the South coast and California. In my opinion Texas is the best place to live in the U.S. as everyone is nice, smart and Conservative.

Texas has received a bad stereotype of being inhabited by stupid hicks and Cowboys, now we do have Cowboys but the stupid hicks live in Alabama. And let me tell you, I'd rather work with one Cowboy than with 5 construction workers as Cowboys are just about the hardest workers you'll find in the U.S., except maybe Illegals and you'll find plenty of those down here. Now of course I do live in the prettiest part of Texas but still overall Texas is the best place I've ever been to. Not to mention that I've been all over Mexico, Britain, France, Germany, Amsterdam, Zurich, Switzerland and Liechtenstein.
    Last edited by Ephialtes The Dog; April 19, 2008 at 11:45 PM.
    "So there I am, in Sri Lanka, formerly Ceylon, at about 3 o'clock in the morning, looking for one thousand brown M&Ms to fill a brandy glass, or Ozzy wouldn't go on stage that night. So, Jeff Beck pops his head 'round the door, and mentions there's a little sweets shop on the edge of town. So - we go. And - it's closed. So there's me, and Keith Moon, and David Crosby, breaking into that little sweets shop, eh. Well, instead of a guard dog, they've got this bloody great big Bengal tiger. I managed to take out the tiger with a can of mace, but the shopowner and his son... that's a different story altogether. I had to beat them to death with their own shoes. Nasty business, really. But, sure enough, I got the M&Ms, and Ozzy went on stage and did a great show."

-Del Preston

icydawgfish's Avatar Campidoctor

I live in Kansas City and the outer suburbs in Kansas City, Missouri are very nice, as is Kansas City, Kansas. The inner city areas are very poor and dirty, but that's to be expected with almost any city.

"I used to eat people, but now I'm full."

Well, I've visited Nevada (Las Vegas), California (Universal Studios and Disneyland) and Seattle (Space Needle).
    Last edited by Antissa; April 20, 2008 at 06:36 PM.

Thanatos's Avatar Now Is Not the Time
    took an arrow to the knee

I've been to pretty much the entire western side of the US.

Quote Originally Posted by Ephialtes The Dog View Post
    I live in Texas and have traveled all along the South coast and California. In my opinion Texas is the best place to live in the U.S. as everyone is nice, smart and Conservative.

Texas has received a bad stereotype of being inhabited by stupid hicks and Cowboys, now we do have Cowboys but the stupid hicks live in Alabama. And let me tell you, I'd rather work with one Cowboy than with 5 construction workers as Cowboys are just about the hardest workers you'll find in the U.S., except maybe Illegals and you'll find plenty of those down here. Now of course I do live in the prettiest part of Texas but still overall Texas is the best place I've ever been to. Not to mention that I've been all over Mexico, Britain, France, Germany, Amsterdam, Zurich, Switzerland and Liechtenstein.
    Quite agreed. I've only been there once, but it's the only other state in America that I would prefer over New York state, where I live.

Retired moderator of TWC
    | Under the patronage of Atterdag

Lord Rahl's Avatar Behold the Beard
    Content Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by _Pontifex_ View Post
    Didn't like Texas at all, it smells like cows everywhere.
    Uh...that is ignorant. With Texas being the largest state in the United States of America, there is no way in hell that your statement is true. Where in TX did you go? I'm guessing you were somewhere in West Texas or up in the Panhandle. Those are the only places that smell like cows/pigs/livestock because of the massive feed lots.

Quote Originally Posted by Ephialtes The Dog
    Yeah! I live in Denton right now. I've lived in Amarillo, in Hurst (DFW area), and in Katy (near Houston).

I've traveled a lot in the US. I've been to TX, OK, CO, NM, LA, CA, AK, HI, NY, VA, MD, and other places.

Patron of: Ó Cathasaigh, Major. Stupidity, Kscott, Major König, Nationalist_Cause, Kleos, Rush Limbaugh, General_Curtis_LeMay, and NIKO_TWOW.RU | Patronized by: MadBurgerMaker
    Opifex, Civitate, ex-CdeC, Ex-Urbanis Legio, Ex-Quaestor, Ex-Helios Editor, Sig God, Skin Creator & Badge Forger
    I may be back... | @BeardedRiker

I have been to the US. To Florida (Disneyworld! and Tampa where I have relatives) then to Atlanta Georgia, then to Maine, Boston, Massachusetts. New England area.

I stopped off in New York and Chicago at the airport but I guess that doesn't count. The only place I'd really like to visit in America is New York, nothing on the west coast really sparks my interest. Actually, I would like to visit Las Vegas but I don't gamble, am underage for the evil American drinking laws so that kind of rules out a huge chunk of things to do in Vegas. I guess I would like to go to the French quarter of New Orleans too.

Atterdag's Avatar Tro og Håb

I'm going there this summer!
    Granted Lettre de Marque by King Henry V - Spurs given by imb39
    Сканија је Данска

عیسی پسر مریم گفت :' جهان است پل ، عبور بیش از آن است ، اما هیچ ساخت خانه بر آن او امیدوار است که برای یک روز ، ممکن است برای ابدیت امیدواریم ، اما ماندگار جهان اما ساعت آن را صرف در دعا و نماز برای استراحت است نهان

All of the Balkans is not worth the bones of a single Pomeranian grenadier.
    Otto von Bismarck

Cúchulainn's Avatar 我不是老外,我是野蛮人

I would like to go to the US, my aunts like there but then again I wouldn't.

Irish people don't handle heat very well.

And all that fingerprinting and stuff, is a bit Big Brother for me.

And Americans are too happy and I don't like that.
    First Child of Noble
    I've had my fun and that's all that matters
    Je Combats L'universelle Araignée

I heard an Irish comic talk about that recently...

Been all over NJ (where im from) Its nice, going down the shore is fun, New York City is a must see city for travel lovers; a million things to do if you plan things out well. Some parts of Massachussetts, its pretty and I dislike Boston, it seemed to crammed up and not right. Maine is a really beautiful/cool place to see. North Carolina has some really nice areas. Florida is another great place to visit and theres alot more to Florida than Disney land. Washington D.C is also an interesting place to visit but you really need to plan a trip well because there are a lot of people competing to see the same thing. For history lovers Williamsburg is also another cool place to see as well and Jamestown.

Cúchulainn's Avatar 我不是老外,我是野蛮人

Quote Originally Posted by scottishranger View Post
    I heard an Irish comic talk about that recently...
    What Dara O Briain maybe.

He does a story about him in Australia. Or Mercury as he called it.

And he talks about the melting point of an Irishman, which is 32°C just in case you were wondering.

Or it's someone else entirely.
    First Child of Noble
    I've had my fun and that's all that matters
    Je Combats L'universelle Araignée

Lawrence of Arabia's Avatar Citizen

No love for Indiana?

Meh, no surprise. I want to get out of Indiana so bad I signed up for war.

Rather be dead than in Indiana, they say.

Quote Originally Posted by Empi Rapper View Post
    Go on Farnan, go and help those despicable thugs you call our soldiers to kill some of the poorest people on the planet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Empi Rapper View Post
    Don't you realize that it is a good thing that so many British soldiers have already been killed as punishment for the invasion?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234