Thread: Movement bug

Kor Khan's Avatar Semisalis

Default Movement bug

I recently installed M:TW on my new laptop. As you may guess, I suffered from the same problems as many others here (such as getting ctd'ing when return from a battle to the campaign map). There already seems to be a number of solutions to those issues.

However, I also have a very curious problem with the battles themselves, one which I haven't found any information on yet: I can't move my units without attacking!

It is simply impossible to change the position of any unit on the battlefield, or even to position my men at the beginning of the battle (short of using fixed formations). Attacking enemy units works fine, though. Of course, to anyone whose tactics involve more than simply charging in blindly, this is a big problem indeed. Has anyone else experienced it? Are there any known solutions?

I should possibly add that I'm playing the German version of the game, and it is updated to v2.00.

Elzabar's Avatar Krazy Kiwi

Default Re: Movement bug

If you are attacking then you cant position your men at the start of the battle. Not sure what might be stopping you from moving your men when the battle begins though...

Default Re: Movement bug

I have the exact same problem. I managed to overcome the campaign crash bug and play the campaign just well, but I can't move units on the tactical screen. I can choose units and issue other orders, but when I try to move units (either by clicking on the terrain or dragging cursor on it) it does nothing.

I have a HP laptop with Vista. Any idea what might help?

edit: yes, the problem occurs when the battle has begun, not in the deployment phase.
    Last edited by JJJMMM1; May 03, 2008 at 07:24 AM.