Page 24 of 44 FirstFirst ... 141516171819202122232425262728293031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: CATW - Main thread discussion

cocobongoclub-DJ's Avatar Père fourmois

Default Re: Classical Age Total War

@Borys : What is your favorite faction ?
    The Boii and Arverni are not fixed yet both in custom and campaigns, and one 3d unit seems to make the game crashing, the "Excingoi". Lighter units and some elites works well.
    Only the Senones and Bellovaci are fixed. (They were previewed).
    The next fix will be up with the thracian preview (probably next week as things goes).

@vasiooo : As shown in my sig, this is a RTW 1.5 modfoldered mod, you just have to unzip it and personnalise the shortcut.
    There is a readme inside.
    Thx for the skins. I already said that the skinning process was over. That was true only for the new factions : I am about to complete all left factions with new high quality skins and huge AOR.
    The next faction, the Thracian, will be followed by Pontus, the Arverni, the Scytho-Sarmatians, the Macedonians, Seleucids, Ptolemaics, Parthians and Armenians.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Under the Noble Patronage of Agisilaos
    CATW Modeller skinner since 2006, now retired - Proud grandfather of Classical-Age Total War, the ancient world in 300 bc...
    http://www.ancient-battles.com

Visarion's Avatar Alexandros
    Artifex

nice units! excellent modeling and skinning with few exceptions...
    does this game work or not? www.ancient-battles.com any forums? how do you install the game?
    Is it finished or in progress?
    Last edited by Visarion; February 10, 2010 at 03:29 PM.

Thanks,

This mod is in slow progress, with no team yet.
    It is playable as such, you can download the last version here.
    This is for RTW 1.5, but you can personnalize your shortcut to have the bi.exe instead, and even alex.exe (never tried). The last one seems to have the better AI.
    So to install, you just have to unzip the whole thing in your RTW folder, and it is modfoldered so compatible with other mods in the same folder. Of course to install on a "pure" RTW 1.5 installation.
    Then copy-cut the shortcut inside on your desktop, open "properties" and personnalize the path after your own configuration, with the last line "-mod:catw03..." which is the most important, and you're done.
    As it is not the definitive version, you have still some crashes. But custom battles, even some historical battles, imperial campaign and mundus magnus campaign are all working.

More infos on the readme inside.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    CATW Modeller skinner since 2006, now retired - Proud grandfather of Classical-Age Total War, the ancient world in 300 bc...

Hello ,
    Sory for break i was on ski last seven days. I wan t to play a Bellovaci faction, but from where i may download a fix? Or i must download a whole mod again from Your french site?

I started a new campaign with the Bellovaci and the last version downloadable, and all seems fine, but since i don't have time to play, i can't notice a crash in the long-term.
    So please to report any crash you get and how it has occured, thanks for support.

Some iberian units seem to wear a nice and funny "hat" instead of helmets in battlemap. Caetrati, as i remember. And some shields have some kind of "square" border around them. But...GREAT MOD!!! GREAT WORK!!! One of the best i´ve seen and played! i hope you fix this little details soon.

I´m sorry, but there was a mistake in my last post. The bugs i was talking about ("winged hats") were in the iberi scutari units.

after3 turns as aeduii i have this

@AquilaXXI :
    This current bug is linked with alpha layer. It'occuring in only one unit in general, the nearest of the camera. I will solve it for all skins (around 2500...), but my skinning technique is faultly i guess.
    what you see are "hidden" elements, defined in a fourth layer of the skin (others are cyan, magenta and yellow layers), in black and white. Combined with the 3d model, you can have two kinds of helmets, different shape of blades, a cloak, deco elements (crest or plume), etc... in a single model. All these elements are localized on the skin, which looks like a map, and could be activated or rendered transparent, making units differing completely uniquely on the basis of different skins listed in DMB (and same model).
    A Little secret of fabrication that i share with RS2...

@nom :
    Ok, that's useful. This means that's there are too many slaves for the size of the city defined in desc_strat. Curiously that's linked in this way with Descr_Model_Building. I will see that for the next fix. For which settlement it has occured ?
    Last edited by cocobongoclub-DJ; February 17, 2010 at 05:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cocobongoclub-DJ View Post
    @AquilaXXI :
    This current bug is linked with alpha layer. It'occuring in only one unit in general, the nearest of the camera. I will solve it for all skins (around 2500...), but my skinning technique is faultly i guess.
    what you see are "hidden" elements, defined in a fourth layer of the skin (others are cyan, magenta and yellow layers), in black and white. Combined with the 3d model, you can have two kinds of helmets, different shape of blades, a cloak, deco elements (crest or plume), etc... in a single model. All these elements are localized on the skin, which looks like a map, and could be activated or rendered transparent, making units differing completely uniquely on the basis of different skins listed in DMB (and same model).
    A Little secret of fabrication that i share with RS2...

@nom :
    Ok, that's useful. This means that's there are too many slaves for the size of the city defined in desc_strat. Curiously that's linked in this way with Descr_Model_Building. I will see that for the next fix. For which settlement it has occured ?
    well mine isn't at all pure :O well will i face problems if i install this to a RTW ver with 10 modfoldered mods????

Kleomenis's Avatar Semisalis

this mod is modfoldered, so since the rest of the mods you say are that way, you won't have any problem αδελφέ

ok just installed it and i found out two things....1st this ver is in french and 2nd although the campaign works the names are from RTW!!!for example, Vibius Brutus is an Illyrian general!!!!!! how i fix this???

Names have not been changed yet. Last time i tried, it was crashing every time. So i had to find a way to do this and keep it working. Even the tutorials are useless for this.
    I think All french elements were eliminated, what did you found out ?

Visarion's Avatar Alexandros
    Artifex

This mod has so nice units! is the system like in Europa Barbarorum? with 4 government types? if it is then it's just superb! why isn't it popularized more? and finished... it has so much potential! try collabarating with RTR, RS and EB teams! They will help!

Thx, i have already an "alliance" with XC-XGM (Greek Total War), but they can't use my models which are not lodded -and not loddable, they crashed, my version of 3dsmax and the old cas exporter are not compatible...
    On the other side i can't use their coded niceties because my own codings make the whole thing pretty unstable.
    What catw needs is a coder, first and foremost.
    Otherwise you'll have a custom battles mod.
    Of course all collaborations are welcomed...

Just a foretaste for the upcoming thracian faction: The triballi warfare.

Excellent, mate

great
    [URL="http://www.radikal.ru/"][/UR
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=vdNXJ2E181c

Thanks, il will add many new units (also available for several other factions) in this preview, like the "symmachoi phalangitai" (allied phalanx) with a model of konos alternative to a pylos helmet, the paeonian lancer, armed with a xyston and a romphaia and thee alternative helmet models (chalcidian crested, thraco-phrygian masked and hellenistic thracian), the phrygian cavalry, the thracian mounted peltast (lighter than the prodromoi), and many others.
    Two new "psiloi" are also done, but more difficult to animate :
    -The gastraphetai (already seen in XGM), a kind of ancient arbalestriers
    -The Kestrosphendonetai (From the "Kestros" decribed by Polybius, in his "history"), a kind of sling with darts, and not the possibility to throw "handgrenades" (greek fire pots) which are cool but anachronistical... (pics soon)
    Extract of this last unit from wikipedia : "Kestros
    The kestros (also known as the kestrosphendone, cestrus or cestrosphendone) is an intriguing sling weapon mentioned by Livy and Polybius. It seems to have been a heavy dart flung from a leather sling. It was invented in 168 BC and was employed by some of the Macedonian troops of King Perseus in Third Macedonian war."
    -An idea for the greek name of the staff sling ?
    Last edited by cocobongoclub-DJ; March 01, 2010 at 07:56 AM.

Agisilaos's Avatar GREECE - ΕΛΛΑΔΑ

Quote Originally Posted by cocobongoclub-DJ View Post
    -An idea for the greek name of the staff sling ?
    In Hellenic Εκτοξευτής in English it would sound: Ektoxeutis for 1 Ektoxeutai for many
    Macedones were, are and will always be Greeks
    Under the Noble Patronage of jimkatalanos and proud patron of Agis Tournas and cocobongoclub-DJ
    Terrae Expugnandae, Imperial Might, Mythology, Complete Byzantine Roster, Ruins of glory, Sparta 3, Hegemonia City States, Roma Surrectum 2,300 Warlords of Sparta, Sparta 3.5, Classical Age Total War
    watch this
    , this and this
    Τακτική είναι να ξέρεις τι να κάνεις αν υπάρχει κάτι που μπορείς να κάνεις.
    Στρατηγική είναι να ξέρεις τι να κάνεις όταν δεν υπάρχει τίποτα να κάνεις.