Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New Models for Northern European Captains

Lord Condormanius's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: New Models for Northern European Captains

Quote Originally Posted by Alxaro View Post
    Here is what your battle_models.db look like

But then I started thinking, im supposed to copy everything except the battle_models.db, and change the existing one for retrofit and GUAM maybe?
    I don't understand your question. This is the only change that needs to be made in the battle_models.db:

From...

16 northern_captain
    1 4
    78 unit_models/_Generals_and_Captains/Northern_Captain/northern_captain_lod0.mesh ###
    78 unit_models/_Generals_and_Captains/Northern_Captain/northern_captain_lod1.mesh ###
    78 unit_models/_Generals_and_Captains/Northern_Captain/northern_captain_lod2.mesh ###
    78 unit_models/_Generals_and_Captains/Northern_Captain/northern_captain_lod3.mesh 6400

to...

16 northern_captain
    1 1
    78 unit_models/_Generals_and_Captains/Northern_Captain/northern_captain_lod0.mesh 6400

No other changes need to be made to the battle_models.db for this to work.

EDIT
    If your question is about changing my files, the answer is no. Do not make changes to my files. There is no need. If you are using any mod other than what I specify in the readme, you need to make the change in that mod's battle_models.db.
    Last edited by Lord Condormanius; June 12, 2008 at 12:14 PM.
    "There is a difference between what is wrong and what is evil. Evil is committed when clarity is taken away from what is clearly wrong, allowing wrong to be seen as less wrong, excusable, right, or an obligatory commandment of the Lord God Almighty.

Evil is bad sold as good, wrong sold as right, injustice sold as justice. Like the coat of a virus, a thin veil of right can disguise enormous wrong and confer an ability to infect others."
    -John G. Hartung

I got it to work, because I thought that you would have to add all the files from your mod, including the battle_models.db, and then change that one. Now I added everything except the battle_models.db, and changed the retrofit bm.db and it works just fine
    This is my signature! There are many like it, but this one is mine!

Quote Originally Posted by Alxaro View Post
    I got it to work, because I thought that you would have to add all the files from your mod, including the battle_models.db, and then change that one. Now I added everything except the battle_models.db, and changed the retrofit bm.db and it works just fine
    Cool. I'm glad that you were able to get them working.
    "There is a difference between what is wrong and what is evil. Evil is committed when clarity is taken away from what is clearly wrong, allowing wrong to be seen as less wrong, excusable, right, or an obligatory commandment of the Lord God Almighty.

Evil is bad sold as good, wrong sold as right, injustice sold as justice. Like the coat of a virus, a thin veil of right can disguise enormous wrong and confer an ability to infect others."
    -John G. Hartung

PubliusKhannus's Avatar Senator

excellent excellent, this will make my speeches bearable to watch.

Check out my collection of poetry, prose, & comedy @ https://badwriter.net

have you made any sprites?

"Do you know, my son, with what little understanding the world is ruled?"Pope Julius III
    Want to add your own mercenaries? Read my Tutorial

No, I have not made any sprites. This unit does not use sprites even in the vanilla game.

-John G. Hartung

Last edited by alexandre dumas; April 12, 2009 at 05:19 PM. Reason: new info

Quote Originally Posted by alexandre dumas View Post
    Wow...lots of running. Those guys must be tired. It's nice to see that people are still using these.

-John G. Hartung

Thanks so much - I haven't seen in battle shots yet but the strat models are simply superb!

thanks a lot for the new captains.it give them a more human look than the original ones

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySsvU2DqXKE

Emperor of The Great Unknown's Avatar Primicerius

i think it needs a new helmet it looked to much like 1 upgrade of mailed knights.
    Give a man a fish you feed him for a day, teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime.
    cant read?

That is what it is supposed to look like.

-John G. Hartung

hundred years wars weather effets video test using your new officer mod

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1D8L4...e=channel_page

H Con's Avatar Senator

Is there any chance you'll make battle and strat textures for kingdoms factions such as Norway, Ireland, Wales, Novgorod and Lithuania? I'd really look forward to that.
    UN: All problems would be solved if everyone could just sit down and talk.
    Bin Laden:But the problem is that everyo--
    Navy Seal: RATATATATATA!
    Another Navy Seal: RATATATATA!
    Pokémon Trainer: RATTATA! USE SCRATCH!
    *dust settles*
    Al Zawahiri: --that everyone must speak Arabic first!

Bow General Mod for Total War: Shogun II

Great work.

I cant get this to work I already put the file in the data folder but nothing changed in the game.

L&O_92's Avatar Foederatus

Well done!

Sorry but my captains don't look like exact same of yours
    For example this is my english captain, he looks a little bit different from yours
    https://imgur.com/a/fu0lyHP

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123