Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: English Infantry

EarendilElenthol's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: English Infantry

I'd say your upgrades for those town levies are to gambeson and then to brigandine armour, my research was that something like studded leather is a misunderstanding of brigandine. That could change the outfit also a bit (mostly of the brigandine, with the opening at the back and just some changes in look).

units have moved on a bit since that 2008 preview, but we've been off on a bit of a diversion through settlement modding etc.. and aren't really intending to go back to preview units again till we're a bit closer to release.

That said, links to any research resources specific to 13th / 14th centuries would always be appreciated.

wilddog's Avatar Paintedwolves run free

Quote Originally Posted by EarendilElenthol
    I'd say your upgrades for those town levies are to gambeson and then to brigandine armour, my research was that something like studded leather is a misunderstanding of brigandine. That could change the outfit also a bit (mostly of the brigandine, with the opening at the back and just some changes in look).
    Hi, yes we revamped the units and textures based on more up-to-date info. Then decided to look at the strat map city/castles and redid those and then opted to continue into the .world files which have been taking most of our time. We aren't planning any previews for a while (still sorting out some bits from hard disk crash before Christmas and now trying to tidy things up as we rebuild.)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12