well, that's it!!
    or search "Ambiorix" at google and you'll find some more
    can you do it with these?

Regards

Valerius Tiberius
    One land, One king

Proud member of the SPQR TW community

Default Re: historical portraits for 58BC

How would I go about adding these portraits?

I tried to create a custom folder etc (like in METW2) for example: 58bc\data\ui\custom portraits\Gaius Julius, and edited the descr.strat.txt but it does nothing.

If I try to add the tgas into the 58bc\data\ui\roman folder it ctds, even after copius renaming of files.

any suggestions?
    cheers.
    A Mod for Med2 Kingdoms:

THERA:REDUX

Click here:
    https://www.moddb.com/mods/thera-redux

In theory it is as simple as this:
    - Copy from any unpacked version of the vanilla game, the whole portraits folder (in data\ui\roman\) and place it in 58bc\data\ui\roman. Then just overwrite the portraits folder with the one in the first page. No need to touch the descr_strat file.

Hope this helps.

Kozak's Avatar Libertus

CrayonVonCaesar

http://files.filefront.com/PORTRAITS.../fileinfo.html
    You must only unpacked archived files in - ......\58bc\data\ui\roman

all tga-files in archive renamed like original files. Just replace this files

It works! Excellent, thanks.
    A Mod for Med2 Kingdoms:

THERA:REDUX

Click here:
    https://www.moddb.com/mods/thera-redux

its a portrait of Q.Labienus but maybe it could serve as a portrait for T. Labienus[/LEFT]

and here's one for metellus scipio
    Last edited by Octavius Vatco; June 11, 2008 at 05:36 AM.

Wait.... Historically, was Caesar really Blonde, semi blonde or not???
    Last edited by Octavius Vatco; June 27, 2008 at 12:22 PM.

He is said to have been tall of stature with a fair complexion, shapely limbs, a somewhat full face, and keen black eyes.....He was somewhat overnice in the care of his person, being not only carefully trimmed and shaved, but even having superfluous hair plucked out, as some have charged; while his baldness was a disfigurement would troubled him greatly, since he found that it was often the subject of the gibes of his detractors. Because of it he used to comb forward his scanty locks from the crown of his head....They say, too, that he was remarkable in his dress; that he wore a senator's tunic with fringed sleeves reaching to the wrist, and always had a girdle over it, though rather a loose one; and this, they say, was the occasion of Sulla's mot, when he often warned the nobles to keep an eye on the ill-girt boy

Seutonius, Divus Iulius 45

Julius Caesar's appearance is described or alluded to exceedingly seldom in classical literature. As one of these few references, and by far the most important, Seutonius' description (Iulius 45) will always be read with the utmost interest.

Monroe E. Deutsch, Concerning Caesar's Appearance

I believe there is no surviving reference to Caesar's hair colour in ancient literature.

His teeth were wide apart, small, and ill-kept; his hair was slightly curly and inclining to golden; his eyebrows met. His ears were of moderate size, and his nose projected a little at the top and then bent slightly inward. His complexion was between dark and fair

Seutonius, Divus Augustus 79

He was about the average height, his body marked with spots and malodorous, his hair light blond, his features regular rather than attractive, his eyes blue and somewhat weak, his neck over thick, his belly prominent, and his legs very slender.

Seutonius, Nero 51

Augustus's mother, Atia was the daughter of Caesar's sister whilst Nero stressed his descent from the divine Augustus.

What does this suggest with regard to Caesar's hair colour? I have no idea

Well, Nero's is slightly blonde and Augustus is Blonde but both of them were not Caesar's Biological decendants so there's no telling??

so there's no telling??
    I believe you have summarised the position very nicely

Kozak's Avatar Libertus

1. When new mods 77BC v.3 and Marius-Sulla will be ready? I want to make a translation into Russian. I wish that the Russian version was implemented simultaneously with the English version. For players who do not understand English, 77BC and 58BC much less interesting game. 77BC and 58BC - this is a very special mods. It is very important to know real history.
    Players must understand the meaning of historical tasks. For the popularity of projects it is very important.

2. If you'd like to do portraits for mods, it is necessary to give samples and I will ask the comrade L7c make these portraits

I think that I have finished all the unit cards, replacing the old ones both for 77BC and 58BC. So I will run some private beta-test and try to fix some things during this week. Hopefully, everything might be ready in about a week. Anyway, if you want to start working with the translation I could send you the latest version of both mods.

Concerning Marius vs. Sulla, we are still awaiting for a proper map for the modification.

Thanks for your support, Kozak

Edit: as raised in this thread:

Last edited by Salvor Hardin; June 28, 2008 at 05:17 PM.

Kozak's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Salvor Hardin View Post
    I think that I have finished all the unit cards, replacing the old ones both for 77BC and 58BC. So I will run some private beta-test and try to fix some things during this week. Hopefully, everything might be ready in about a week. Anyway, if you want to start working with the translation I could send you the latest version of both mods.

Concerning Marius vs. Sulla, we are still awaiting for a proper map for the modification.
    That would be very good. I am interested primarily texts files with scripted mission messages and description and characterization of units and information like acta diurnia in 58BC - all unique information for the mod.

And if possible in any way would be very good if you place noted for translation in some way. In 58 BC I spent a lot of time not to transfer, as necessary to search phrases in the text

Quote Originally Posted by Octavius Vatco View Post

How about Vercingetorix?
    [quote=Octavius Vatco;2997298]

Hey Kozak... 58bc could use portraits of Vercingetorix and ambiorix??
    Last edited by Octavius Vatco; June 28, 2008 at 11:18 PM.

Kozak's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Octavius Vatco View Post

Hey Kozak... 58bc could use portraits of Vercingetorix and ambiorix??

This reliable portraits of Vercingetorix? Does portraits made in his lifetime?
    Last edited by Kozak; June 29, 2008 at 06:10 AM.

Kozak's Avatar Libertus

Salvor Hardin

In what year will start the FMIR? At what age will be Marius and Sulla?

It appears there are no other portraits of Vercingetorix except that which is above and from this Roman Coin

There's also am image of ambiorix on page 3 of this thread....
    here's even an addition

http://www.flickr.com/photos/benets/2198587338/
    Last edited by Octavius Vatco; June 29, 2008 at 10:56 AM.

Kozak's Avatar Libertus

Octavius Vatco

Portrait of Vercingetorix is bound to be made for the mods. We are looking for a good sample

And yet look at this work of сomrade L7с

Marius for new mod Marius - Sulla

small portrait

original sample for this portrait:
    http://www.uvm.edu/~bsaylor/rome/Marius.jpg

Portrait in tga format for RTW:
    http://files.filefront.com/Marius+TG.../fileinfo.html

And.... at what age will be Sulla when mod is started?
    Last edited by Kozak; June 29, 2008 at 04:10 PM.

Great job, guys!

Wow!!! That's Great..... Oh Can I also request for another second (also for custom use) portrait of Caesar??

It kind a looks even great when they're not looking directly at the camera in my opinion.....

This one for vercingetorix is a good one.. its from the TFT

Last edited by Octavius Vatco; July 01, 2008 at 12:22 AM.