Thread: World wide revolt

So I'm playing Medieval as HRE and control the entire world except for asingle province of the papal states. I have quite small armies at this point as a few turns earleir i was losing huge amounts of cash from having too large an army. I disbanded a lot of it and sent a large force to this final province. I also had a large force on one of the small islands in the Med. but it had not port so they were stuck.
    Anyways i atatcked the papal states and won and they retreated into their castle. The final stronghold before i had total domination of the entire world.
    Then next year. Every single province except the the Med. Island and the papal states province revolted. In the same year. This included the remergance of the Almohads, the italians and the Russians. I feel as if the game clearly planend this. After runnign the game for a few turns i have lost a least 2/3s of my empire...in a few turns. Has anyone ever experienced such large revolts in the game?
    To put that in perspective thats 88 revolts. In the ones which were actualy nations they had at elast 1000 men in each province which was at east 5 each. And i also forgot to mention that the few provinces i did hold after the first turn mostly revolted again the next turn and then once more after that. I must have suffered 200 revolts in about 3 turns.

I've just gone onto the game and made some rough estimates.

I own exactly 32 provinces now.
    5 factions have re-appeared.
    I have about 20,000 troops total, this is after a lot of bribing.
    There are about 50,000 enemies on the map in total. Once again after a lot of bribing.

So far i have destroyed every building in about 50 provinces as i knew i wouldn't be able to keep them. My only real strong point is in Egypt. Central Europe is held by the Italians, the rebels and me, though i wander how long i can last. Spain and Africa are taken by the Almohads. Poland holds Eastern Europe along with what still remains of me in that area and Russia holds Russia along with what still remains of my armies. And i doubt they will last long in those areas.
    Last edited by Amroth; February 26, 2008 at 08:26 AM. Reason: dp

Default Re: World wide revolt

Wow, that's weird.

But also kinda cool.
    She was no ordinary girl, Oh Inverted World

Don't worry about the world ending today, it's already tommorow in australia

rep me, I rep you.

This is known as the "bloat effect". Once you get past the 60% mark, this effect will kick in and your provinces will suffer a global drop in loyalty (happiness). It has been referred to as both a "feature" and a bug. It is still unclear as to which of these categories is the most fitting. To prepare for it ensure that your provinces are adequately garrisoned with watch towers, town watches, churches and a decent spy in each one. Also it is not a good idea to raze provinces as you will probably intend to conquer those in the future which will mean costly rebuilding. Also if you raze those happiness boosting buildings you will find it more difficult to hold those provinces down when newly conquered.

Woops already destroyed just about every province on the map. The plan was to prevent any income or extra troops for my enemies. In a few years they should be bankrupt and unable to build any more. Pretty much leaving them in stuck with what they have and never a chance of anything more. Then i can slowly take it all back.

CK23's Avatar Campidoctor

Very weird but very cool.

I might just have to do this...

Axeman's Avatar Praepositus

Post a screenshot lol to see just how dire your situation is.

☻/ This is Muhammad.
    /▌  Copy and paste him
    / \ so as to commit horrible blasphemy!
    If there were a God, I think it very unlikely that he would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt his existence. --Bertrand Russell

Elzabar's Avatar Krazy Kiwi

Yeah, that'd be good fun.

Erwin Rommel's Avatar EYE-PATCH FETISH

reminds me of my own BYZ campaign

it was in 1452 faction leader is way in his 80s AND STILL NO HEIR

i nervously pressed 1453........nothin much happened

then i pressed turn again...........BOOM he is dead........and now HALF OF MY EMPIRE REBELLED

so i lost the campaign!

(Its clickable by the way....An S2 overhaul mod.)

Seriously. Click it. Its the only overhaul mod that's overhauling enough to bring out NEW clans
    Masaie. Retainer of Akaie|AntonIII

So, you've even found me in these far reaches of the forum, have you Col?

Erwin Rommel's Avatar EYE-PATCH FETISH

if you consider this.........YES!

(Its clickable by the way....An S2 overhaul mod.)

Seriously. Click it. Its the only overhaul mod that's overhauling enough to bring out NEW clans
    Masaie. Retainer of Akaie|AntonIII

Redcoat69's Avatar Campidoctor

lol yo does anyone now how to start a civil war by using the mod Napoleonic:TW?even playing Medieval i still cnt start a civil war

There are two main ways to deliberately start a civil war within your own faction.

1.) Drive down the loyalty of one of your best generals: Strip him of whatever titles he may have, give him a big army to command, and place him a good distance away from your faction leader. (There's a rough correlation between a general's loyalty and his proximity to the king.)

In addition, losing a few provinces and/or suffering failed Crusades/Jihads can help spur a civil war as well. In fact, you don't even need to go on Crusade/Jihad per se -- just train a couple Crusade/Jihad markers, and then destroy the Chapter House or Ribat that trained them. This will automatically cause the Crusades/Jihads to fail, your faction leader will suffer a massive loss of influence, and you'll very likely then face civil war.

2.) The second way to instigate civil war is to kill your faction leader when he has no direct heirs (usually while he is still pretty young). This method is a little trickier, however, as your faction leader has to have 2 or more "royal generals" running around (most likely his uncles) -- they will then fight each other for the throne after you current king has been killed off.

You need to make sure you do have at least 2 royal uncles when employing this method, though. Otherwise your faction will simply die out, and the game will end. Still, it's great fun; I prefer to start civil wars this way when possible.
    Last edited by Martok; March 30, 2008 at 03:09 PM. Reason: spelling errors
    "Evil is easy, and has infinite forms." - Pascal

Quote Originally Posted by Martok View Post
    There are two main ways to deliberately start a civil war within your own faction.

1.) Drive down the loyalty of one of your best generals: Strip him of whatever titles he may have, give him a big army to command, and place him a good distance away from your faction leader. (There's a rough correlation between a general's loyalty and his proximity to the king.)

In addition, losing a few provinces and/or suffering failed Crusades/Jihads can help spur a civil war as well. In fact, you don't even need to go on Crusade/Jihad per se -- just train a couple Crusade/Jihad markers, and then destroy the Chapter House or Ribat that trained them. This will automatically cause the Crusades/Jihads to fail, your faction leader will suffer a massive loss of influence, and you'll very likely then face civil war.

2.) The second way to instigate civil war is to kill your faction leader when he has no direct heirs (usually while he is still pretty young). This method is a little trickier, however, as your faction leader has to have 2 or more "royal generals" running around (most likely his uncles) -- they will then fight each other for the throne after you current king has been killed off.

You need to make sure you do have at least 2 royal uncles when employing this method, though. Otherwise your faction will simply die out, and the game will end. Still, it's great fun; I prefer to start civil wars this way when possible.
    wow thnxbut does civil wars work in Napoleonic:TW?

Yup, they do. It seems to be more likely when you have a Royal family member who is disloyal.

Quote Originally Posted by Elzabar View Post
    Yup, they do. It seems to be more likely when you have a Royal family member who is disloyal.
    aawwwssssooommmCivil war in Russia would be massive due to their armies

Quote Originally Posted by Redcoat69 View Post
    aawwwssssooommmCivil war in Russia would be massive due to their armies
    Yeah, the only one I've had in NTW was playing as Russia. Its because the generals have low loyalty though, so it usually happens.

Back to the original subject

I hit 60% and was going strong, I decided to use cheats for the heck of it so I gave myself a million Florians and auto build. Next turn, half my empire rebels, even with the cheats I can't get it back. I was SO mad...

I killed that campaign...

Just turned the game, no save...