Thread: Arthurian Official Submod Released - Gods & Fighting Men: Total War!

MasterOfNone's Avatar RTW Modder 2004-2015

Default Arthurian Official Submod Released - Gods & Fighting Men: Total War!

Gods & Fighting Men - Total War
    RELEASED

Thanks to Agraes who allowed use of the ATW Ireland map as a base for this mod, and for the adapted units for some part of the factions...

You will need the Alexander Expansion to play this mod.

Find out more here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=148651
    Last edited by MasterOfNone; February 23, 2008 at 08:20 AM.
    "One of the most sophisticated Total War mods ever developed..."
    The Fourth Age: Total War - The Dominion of Men

Default Re: Arthurian Official Submod Released - Gods & Fighting Men: Total War!

sounds great!!! checking it out now

Under the esteemed patronage of Ramon Gonzales y Garcia IB and IB2 Mod

loet66's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Arthurian Official Submod Released - Gods & Fighting Men: Total War!

Hi,

It's AWESOME !!

I'm downloading now...

loet66

I have added a small patch (in RAR form only) and would be interested if players could test a new campaign out and see (if they had it before) if the Lugh battlemap CTDs are still prevalent in their campaigns (if they had them). We have not been able to detect the source of these CTDs some are experiencing (mainly because we can't get them ourselves!) but the changes below may resolve this for those who were experiencing it.

Change log:

- EDU.txt : missing compensation stats for initial xp added (i.e units rebalanced)
    - map_ground_types.tga & map_regions.tga tweaks to correct RGB value errors
    - sidhe rider, sidhe mount and lugh sprites regenerated

EDIT: this patch is now part of the build and thus not required.
    Last edited by MasterOfNone; March 31, 2011 at 04:52 PM.

This looks awesome, as does your "vanilla" Arthurian mod. I've been looking for one for years and had no idea you guys were working on it until one of your guys sent me a link this morning. I'm installing RTW:BI right now so I can try it.

By the way, I've been working on a Post-Roman, Arthurian Era mod for Medieval 2 myself for a couple weeks. The link is in my sig. Check it out if you'd like. Any advice/criticism from the pros would be welcome.

loet66's Avatar Senator

Hi MasterOfNone,

BAD NEWS !!

I'm using vista 32 and, unfortunately, the small patch doesn't resolve the constant CTD when loading battles :"insufficient video memory to load requested texture set".

My Graphic card is an Nvidia 7500 LE : I can run MTW II with it, so I don't understand the problem.

Sorry,

Best regards
    Last edited by loet66; June 16, 2008 at 04:36 PM.

Well, that wasn't the problem I was referring to. I think that is a problem with your set up. GafM is not tested on Vista and I do not have it (nor wish it until it is stable), so cannot help much there.

There are no texture errors in the build I believe. Certainly many have loaded up all the units without a problem.

ANNOUNCEMENT: Version 1.2 of GaFM Released, 20th August 2011

This corrects a small but critical error in the mod files that caused a random CTD in earlier versions, bringing GaFM up to the high stability standards of other Fourth Age mods. For full details, please see the opening post of the release-thread linked to in the opening post of this thread.

GRANTO's Avatar Domesticus

great work , is there a chance of a 4 tpy script for such a fine adventure?

Doubt it, the 4th Age team isn't too fond of scripts and such a simple mod doesn't really offer a compelling reason for a 4tpy one. This patch was mainly done so that annoying CTD could be wiped out.

GRANTO's Avatar Domesticus

RS2 enviroments patch for GODS AND FIGHTING MEN , enjoy http://www.gamefront.com/files/21336046/alexander.zip just place the patch wherever you alexander file is and click yes to all to overrite
    Last edited by GRANTO; February 15, 2012 at 07:44 PM.