Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LTC Gold Bugs & Known Issues

Default LTC Gold Bugs & Known Issues

First of all a big thanks to Lusted by this mod. The best for M2TW/Kingdoms IMHO!

Seems that lusted have moved away from LTC for a while. Then the intention of this thread is just to we have a common place to post our Comments&Suggestions&bugs (if any) about LTC Gold, so if Lusted comes back again he can perhaps take a look on this. If he never returns, then perhaps others modders could push/fix LTC Gold if necessary.

I'm in the turn 67 of the High era campaign, as England, all going ok in the mod matters. My unique concern was about the ports not showing that green lines/trading but I already read here in the forum that this is an intentional feature: to have green lines /trade at sea you need the most advanced trade ports.
    Last edited by Rubini; February 20, 2008 at 10:01 PM.

Default Re: LTC Gold Bugs & Known Issues

In my late era campaign as England in 1420 (turn 68) the entire Holy Roman Empire faction is destroyed and turns into rebels.. It's a large empire and I don't suppose this is normal

I cannot teach anybody anything, I can only make them think - Socrates
    Barbarus hic ego sum, quia non intellegor ulli - Ovidius
    The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool - William Shakespeare
    A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything - Friedrich Nietzsche

Kobal2's Avatar Foederatus

The sea trade thing confused me too, turns out you need the trade wharves to get sea commerce in a city, a basic port isn't enough anymore. Which is a good thing, as it slows down early developpment tremendously.

As for the HRE rebelling, ditto, sorta : I wanted to find out how the election thing worked since I haven't played the Teutonic campaign yet, so I started a High campaign with the HRE, suicided the Emperor - instant game over (even though I did have other generals and provinces).

I believe the election script for the HRE (and maybe for Venice as well) is a bit wonky, or maybe only works for the Early era somehow (I played 120ish turns of an early campaign as France without the Empire suddenly dying out, and IIRC even had the "a new Emperor" and "a new Doge" messages, so they seem to work fine in the early campaign).

EDIT : Apparently, Lusted is aware of that bug with the Teutonic family tree system, as is the modder who did Grand Add-On and tried the same trick. The system works most of the time, but in a few cases, boom, the heir switch fails and the whole kingdom turns rebel. It is easy to disable the feature for those who, like me, want to be on the safe side though : open landstoconquer/data/descr_sm_factions.txt, and change the "has_family_tree Teutonic" line for both Venice and the HRE back to "has_family_tree yes" like all the other factions.

BUG : Early era, all 3 Polish generals lack the ReligionStarter 1 trait (didn't check the other campaigns for this though). Easy fix : you just have to open the relevant decr_strat.txt and add it to them there, although it will only change it in new campaigns, not in savegames.
    Last edited by Kobal2; March 27, 2008 at 08:24 AM.

Yoda Twin's Avatar Vicarius

I've played as russia and have reconstructed the HRE by giving back thier provinces from Poland. A really grinding war which any slight military victory or loss could change the outcome.Im bankrupt and live off sacked settlements.

PS the most fun and hardest campaign I've had in Med2. Competes with my Germainia campaign in TE.
    Last edited by Yoda Twin; March 28, 2008 at 01:59 AM. Reason: Adding content
    Minister for Home Affairs of the Commonwealth v Zentai [2012] HCA 28 per Heydon J at [75]

Analysis should not be diverted by reflections upon the zeal with which the victors at the end of the Second World War punished the defeated for war crimes. The victors were animated by the ideals of the Atlantic Charter and of the United Nations. The Universal Declaration of Human Rights was about to peep over the eastern horizon. But first, they wanted a little hanging.

Does anyone know about possible cheating with diplomacy when you can raise your reputation with target faction without any real problems by just offering them to choose the price for unrealistically generous proposal (for example 10 regions in the heart of your empire)???? What is this if not the exploit of some sort??? I’ve noticed this long ago but I am surprised not to find any note on this here…
    Last edited by shakesword; April 01, 2008 at 04:50 PM.

I can't get LTC Gold to run.

Everything else runs fine but if i try to run the mod it just locks up at various points in either the menu or if i can even get into a campaign it locks up right away.

Anyone else have a similiar issue?

In my Early Campaign that I'm a good ways in, Ive noticed barely any of the other factions are recruiting priests, Ive got about ten priests around Turk cities and i cant find one Islam priest on the map, cant find any for BE or Russia ethier. its gonna be weird if i covert all these regions to 100% catholic unopposed.

Also started a mongol campaign, they cant recruit Islam Priests but can build the temples for them, they also cant recruit Heavy foot lancers from any of their tier barracks.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfshead View Post
    In my late era campaign as England in 1420 (turn 68) the entire Holy Roman Empire faction is destroyed and turns into rebels.. It's a large empire and I don't suppose this is normal
    That exact thing just happened in my campaign. I have some pics I think...did your Portugal also go rebel?
    I didn't think it was a bug at first, but if my HRE crashed at the same, or almost same, turn as yours, thats kinda weird...

Quote Originally Posted by Jubei216Rei View Post
    In my Early Campaign that I'm a good ways in, Ive noticed barely any of the other factions are recruiting priests, Ive got about ten priests around Turk cities and i cant find one Islam priest on the map, cant find any for BE or Russia ethier. its gonna be weird if i covert all these regions to 100% catholic unopposed.
    I'm playing a early campaign as Egypt, almost finished. Compared to vanilla, it does seem like there is a lot less priests in general, but Hungary has been spamming with me Cardinals nonstop. Before the Timurids showed up, I was killing two or three a turn. Then I just got tired of dealing with them so I gave all the land to the turks. Whenever I go to Spain there is the obligatory Moors/Spanish imam/preist wars, but in general, yeah, I'd say the priests seem to be somewhat minimized.

Yea, the HRE keeps going rebel. It's when the last "family member" dies out. As far as I can tell, in my current game as Venice (80 turns into a High game), the HRE has tons of regular generals running around, but when Emperor Harold dies, there is apparently no heir set. I tried load/saving it, and managed to age him from 60 to 67 that way (killing as many HRE generals as I could in the meanwhile, to trigger something hopefully), hoping the AI would adopt an heir but apparently it never did/won't at this point.

It seems that the number of generals may well impact the frequency of adoption requests, regardless of if they are real family members or just recruited. It stinks. The HRE is mounting the best challenge to me I've yet had in a TW game, and they're gonna die out because the family tree system is wonky somehow.
    Last edited by crazyj; May 31, 2008 at 06:39 PM.

A good plan today is better than a perfect plan tomorrow.
    --George Patton

Hell hath no fury like a non-combatant.
    --Charles Edward Montague

Oscar Wilde was a child molester. Quoting him doesn't mean that you're smart...you're just promoting a homosexual pedophile.
    --Sgt. Schultz

I clicked on a fleet and ordered it to drop its armies being transported in Palermo castle. The fleets themselves showed up in the garrison of the castle and I was not able to unload the transported units. Never seen this in vanilla, so it must be unique to LTC.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda Twin View Post
    I've played as russia and have reconstructed the HRE by giving back thier provinces from Poland. A really grinding war which any slight military victory or loss could change the outcome.Im bankrupt and live off sacked settlements.

PS the most fun and hardest campaign I've had in Med2. Competes with my Germainia campaign in TE.
    Oh Germania its a hard nut too crack, but ones they get the money train running your beserkers will take care of the rest

sry offtopic

I don't get full value for ransoming captured troops from battle. Is this just cuz I play on VH or is it because there is a glitch in payment? For now I just execute.

Hartassen's Avatar Biarchus

The most annoying thing I noticed is that the color for the HRE is not working. Maybe it's just me but when I exchange maps with the hre I don't get any of the color on the minimap. If I play HRE I don't see any color for my regions unless they are explored. So if my region is only half explored (as in can currently be seen) that part is colored and the other part is seen as brown (unexplored).

Anyone else got this?

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

Me. However I don't think it's so bad.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Viking Prince's Avatar Horrible(ly cute)
    Patrician

I do not know if this is a known bug or if I am buggy.

In the clean but patched version of M2 -- Playing on say vh vh a particular campaign. Close the campaign game and start a new campaign. You will notice the options such as short or long campaign, battle and may difficulty remain as they were in the previous campaign. This of course is not the case if you just booted up, only when you close a campaign and start a new one without leaving the program.

In LTC if I do the same process, I find that battle diffuculty is set at the default and not at vh. Does this mean that you have not actually set the battle difficulty at vh with in the campaign?

The problem is there is no method that I know of to determine during a campaign how these switches are set -- only the initial screen switches themselves.

pm me if you like, but I will return to the thread.
    Grandson of Silver Guard, son of Maverick, and father to Mr MM|Rebel6666|Beer Money |bastard stepfather to Ferrets54
    The Scriptorium is looking for great articles. Don't be bashful, we can help with the formatting and punctuation. I am only a pm away to you becoming a published author within the best archive of articles around.
    Post a challenge and start a debate
    Garb's Fight Club - the Challenge thread

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Cashmere View Post
    Weighing into threads with the steel capped boots on just because you disagree with my viewpoints, is just embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hagar_the_Horrible
    As you journey through life take a minute every now and then to give a thought for the other fellow. He could be plotting something.

Hartassen's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by Viking Prince View Post
    I do not know if this is a known bug or if I am buggy.

In the clean but patched version of M2 -- Playing on say vh vh a particular campaign. Close the campaign game and start a new campaign. You will notice the options such as short or long campaign, battle and may difficulty remain as they were in the previous campaign. This of course is not the case if you just booted up, only when you close a campaign and start a new one without leaving the program.

In LTC if I do the same process, I find that battle diffuculty is set at the default and not at vh. Does this mean that you have not actually set the battle difficulty at vh with in the campaign?

The problem is there is no method that I know of to determine during a campaign how these switches are set -- only the initial screen switches themselves.

pm me if you like, but I will return to the thread.
    I have the same thing, you can start with vh/vh and then exit game and go in and try to create a new one and it will be vh/m it doesn't save your preferences.

I'm wondering if anyone knows how to fix the color bug for HRE in LTC Gold?
    It's really annoying me and it's the only bug I'm concerned with atm. I don't feel like buying watch towers all over my land.

This mod is the best, but I only have 1 complaint.

This one is actually a major flaw, I think. At least one faction will turn rebel in my campaign (not just HRE/venice, I have seen moors, spain and even egypt to do it). I have never seen this happen in vanilla so I assume something is wrong here.

Does this have something to do with recruitable generals?

And also:

1. I cant seem to make alliances in late game. There is just no options to do after a while but only the AI can initiate alliance proposal.

2. And yes, the HRE map color bug is annoying.

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

Actually I haven't encountered these problems m_terror. In order to make an alliance rebel, I had to painfully look for and exterminate both their king and heir. And it took many assassins and lots of trying.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast