Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1415161718192021222324

Thread: PRO DEO ET REGE 1.0 QUESTIONS & SUGGESTIONS

Default Re: PRO DEO ET REGE 1.0 QUESTIONS & SUGGESTIONS

I suggest adding Burgundi, it would be useful as a buffer between France and the HRE.

Socal_infidel's Avatar PDER Piper

Please see the PDER II FAQ for list of new factions:

(1) The Kypchaks
    (2) The County of Toulouse
    (3) The Kingdom of Duklja (transitioning to Tsardom of Serbia)
    (4) Syria/Zengids
    (5) Khwārazm-Shāh
    (6) Volga-Kama Bolghar.

Regards!
    S_i

I'm told that my PDER file contains "invalid data" when I try to use the .exe. What's wrong with it?
    I'm a proud member of the Online Campaign for Real English. If you believe in capital letters, punctuation, and correct spelling, then copy this into your signature.

Macrath's Avatar Domesticus

Sounds like more of the same features that already exist in other mods. Is there really any reasons to play this over SS or many of the other mods aimed at doing the same thing this mod says it wants to do.

Don't get me wrong it sounds like an interesting mod, but at the same time it sounds like many other mods i have played...there are only so many times i can play the same Medievil 2 campaign that is just slightly different ex. Altered Faction names and somewhat different troops. All other changes, such as Governance being more important and regional recruitment for troops are simple changes that are also featured in many other mods..

So i guess my main two questions are. Why play this over the many other mods that claim to do pretty much the same thing, especially considering that many of the other mods are complete.
    Another altered Medievil 2 Campaign? Really do we need another version of the same old game.

Sorry if i have offended, really i am just curious as to folks motivation for creating these mods that already seem to be available from other sources.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

If you look at the creation date of PDeR it is a bit the other way round: a lot of mods have what PDeR started. If I am not mistaken this mod was one of the first to use the recruitment zones principle.

Sorry if i have offended, really i am just curious as to folks motivation for creating these mods that already seem to be available from other sources.
    No offense taken, you just simply posted that in the wrong mod's forum

Indefinitely Banned

You are correct, Gigantus, PDER was the first Med II mod that used a zoned recruitment model, similar to the AOR (Area of Recruitment) system trail blazed by the original Rome Total Realism Team in RTR6. Frankly, it was one of the main aspects that attracted me to it and set PDER apart from the rest of M2 mods, then doing the rounds.

PDER, despite its age, still gives me a challenging and fun campaign, only marred by the recurring issue of the death of the Egyptian Faction Leader bringing the whole thing crashing down! It really is a shame that Socal is no longer around, as PDER2 looked to be something quite special.
    Last edited by Tony83; April 25, 2011 at 03:10 AM.

Blog Entries

Do tell me more about the Egyptian leader, what exactly is the problem? Maybe a simple little scripting might help...

Indefinitely Banned

It's a CTD that occurs whenever this particular character dies, either in battle or assassination (in many ways it seems very similar to the RTW Clone CTD!). I've a feeling that I mentioned this some time ago, and you pointed me in the direction of a solution. However, it has happened again since, so it looks as though that was not it.

Blog Entries

If it happens again, make sure to keep the log file - preferably set on trace. We have had similar problems with the last family member dying in RegProv, that had to do with a setting in descr_campaign_db:

<bribery>
    <bribe_to_family_tree bool="false"/>

Indefinitely Banned

OK, matey, will do.

I'm going to be spoilt for choice, once 1648 is released.

Actually, I believe it was the Med Mod for MTW that was the first mod to implement both the ZOR & AOR recruiting concepts. It also had a nasty tendency to freeze up and ctd about 100 turns in...

Med Mod, like RTR6 is also slightly superior in strategic structure to PDER in that each nation has its own barracks buildings, rather than belonging to "families" (e.g., Byzantium, Armenia, Georgia). That said, PDER2.0 is still my favorite RTW2 mod.

Blog Entries

In PDeR the recruitment is split into factional\regional barracks for low level units and factional\regional 'feudal estates' to make up for that. Otherwise your observation about 'family' wise recruiting is fairly accurate, with the major factions (england, france, hre) having their individual buildings.

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Hieronymos View Post
    Actually, I believe it was the Med Mod for MTW that was the first mod to implement both the ZOR & AOR recruiting concepts. It also had a nasty tendency to freeze up and ctd about 100 turns in...

Med Mod, like RTR6 is also slightly superior in strategic structure to PDER in that each nation has its own barracks buildings, rather than belonging to "families" (e.g., Byzantium, Armenia, Georgia). That said, PDER2.0 is still my favorite RTW2 mod.
    The original MTW was a bit before my time, so that's good to know, thanks.

MedMod was truly revolutionary; but few remember it today, engulfed as it was in the shadow of its vastly more successful stepchild RTR.

It's too bad PDER mod never used some of the finer sub-mods used by Deus Lo Vult; especially the family/heraldic/ancillary expansion, and the expanded economic infrastructure system.

AI in PDER always seemed superior to DLV..or that's how it seemed to me. I especially liked playing Armenia & Georgia..but because Byz shared the same barracks buildings with these two smaller powers, they were the logical--and irressistable--target for expansion. After first pummeling the Turks into submission Thus, in PDER a minor, ethnically insignificant state like Georgia could rise to superpower status relatively easily. Same situation for Venice/Milan/Sicily, who also shared same barracks infrastructure.

Compare that to the absolutely meticulous AOR/ZOR coding for RTR6, where every single faction has their own barracks trees.

By the way Tony83, kudos for Fate of Empires. Best RTR yet in terms of tactical and strategic ai. I did betatesting for Desaix's Naval Mod for RTR Gold, back in the day, and have played and (compulsively) sub-modded everything you guys have produced since then. God bless you all!

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Hieronymos View Post
    .... By the way Tony83, kudos for Fate of Empires. Best RTR yet in terms of tactical and strategic ai. I did betatesting for Desaix's Naval Mod for RTR Gold, back in the day, and have played and (compulsively) sub-modded everything you guys have produced since then. God bless you all!
    Thanks matey, I'm glad that you still enjoy playing Rome. If you like FOE then I think that you will love RTRVII (Drop me a line if you are interested in beta testing it. ).

Macrath's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Tony83 View Post
    Thanks matey, I'm glad that you still enjoy playing Rome. If you like FOE then I think that you will love RTRVII (Drop me a line if you are interested in beta testing it. ).
    Been a while since i played RTW. And RTR was always what kept on bringing me back to the game. Can't wait to try a new RTR.... well off to install RTW.