Page 8 of 35 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast

Thread: PRO DEO ET REGE 1.0 BUG REPORTS

Default Re: PRO DEO ET REGE 1.0 BUG REPORTS

I hate to say it, but this is bordering on too unstable to play. I can't deal with a mod that may just suddenly CTD with an unspecified error for no apparent reason. I'm still trying--heck I uninstalled the entire game and tried over, and it lasted several more turns this time...but crash it did, right around turn 8-10 somewhere. I like what I see, but I can't play what I can't rely on to run...just my 2c.
    La Garde recule.

Well, never could get the copy of Vista to run this mod with sound and without a CTD during loading. So I want you to know, your mod is great enough for me to have unistalled Vista Home Premium and reistall XP. Yes, that is right, and I had to reformat my HD to get it to work.

ALL WORTH IT!!!!!!!! Keep up the good work!

So I managed to get a stable Genoa campaign going, and, I dunno if this is a bug or not, but there seems to be something wrong with how princesses operate in the game. I send my diplomats out to try to arrange marriages for my bachelor heir, and the option doesn't even appear on the diplomatic screen.
    Also, the daughter of my Genoese faction leader didn't become a princess...?
    La Garde recule.

billydilly's Avatar Senator

My game is actually pretty stable, I've had 2 random CDT's in 2 different campaigns, but after a reload everything is fine and the game continues.

EDIT: I'm now in 1140 and no CDT.
    Last edited by billydilly; February 16, 2008 at 10:33 AM.
    CPU: Intel i7-8700. GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Armor 8G. RAM: Corsair Vengance, 16Gb HD: Kingston SSD 240Gb (System), Samsung 850 Evo SSD 500Gb (Steam), Western Digital 500Gb. PSU: Corsair CX600W

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pope_Fred_I View Post
    So I managed to get a stable Genoa campaign going, and, I dunno if this is a bug or not, but there seems to be something wrong with how princesses operate in the game. I send my diplomats out to try to arrange marriages for my bachelor heir, and the option doesn't even appear on the diplomatic screen.
    Not being able to get a princess to marry your heir could have to do with the diplomatic standing.
    No idea what happened to the Duke's daughter. Was he still alive when she came of age?

IIyamaXP's Avatar Libertus

Just to point some minor things (probably already pointed out by some others):

Unit cards are missing for some units (for example Men at arms or dismounted mailed knights)
    Isn't it possible to recruit a merchant with a grain exchange or a market?!?
    Ports level 1 and 2 only allow 1 trade fleet (in total)

Perhaps the last two points are inteded to be this way?

Otherwise, my new campaign is going well...

Well done Socal!

Socal_infidel's Avatar PDER Piper

I hate to say it, but this is bordering on too unstable to play. I can't deal with a mod that may just suddenly CTD with an unspecified error for no apparent reason. I'm still trying--heck I uninstalled the entire game and tried over, and it lasted several more turns this time...but crash it did, right around turn 8-10 somewhere. I like what I see, but I can't play what I can't rely on to run...just my 2c.
    Seriously, folks. Reports like this do me absolutely no good. If you're experiencing a CTD, please see the first post of this thread and specify the exact problem. Otherwise, there is no way for me to resolve any problems. If you can upload your error log even better. But at the least post the last few lines of the log if you're experienced a CTD.

First, part I'll look into. Second part, republics don't have princesses.

Quote Originally Posted by IIyamaXP View Post
    Just to point some minor things (probably already pointed out by some others):

Unit cards are missing for some units (for example Men at arms or dismounted mailed knights)
    Isn't it possible to recruit a merchant with a grain exchange or a market?!?
    Ports level 1 and 2 only allow 1 trade fleet (in total)

Perhaps the last two points are inteded to be this way?

Otherwise, my new campaign is going well...

Well done Socal!
    Thanks for pointing out the missing unit_info cards. Knew I'd end up forgetting some.

Trade was toned down from previous versions, but if it's now too severe I'll look into it.

Ludicus's Avatar Comes Limitis
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by EmperorCharles View Post
    Well I fixed the problem indirectly. By starting the campaign with a faction that does work(in this case england) quiting that and returning to the main menu, and then starting a campaign with Georgia, it worked. Don't know what the problem was but now at least I know how to get around it.
    Exactly, same here.
    My game is pretty stable, without a single CTD (Seljuk campaign)

Quote Originally Posted by Socal_infidel View Post
    Thanks for pointing out the missing unit_info cards. Knew I'd end up forgetting some.

Trade was toned down from previous versions, but if it's now too severe I'll look into it.
    I also found that the Templar Brother Sergeants did not have any card neither...

Regarding the merchants, I think it is right you should not recruit them too early, though for trade fleets, I guess a bit more would be interesting and more realistic

Just my 2 pence.

If I find anything else, I'll tell you

So, back again, Socal

Installed PDER browsing my italian directories and it has been correctly installed creating a C:\Programmi\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\PDER_1.0 dedicated directory.

Launch of game is OK

No CTD

No Freezes

Played both custom and campaign battles, and everything was ok

Nice textures

Good battle ai

It remains with no sound at all. About that: do you suggest to copy sounds files from Vanilla or from Kingdoms sound folder?
    Which PDER sound files do you suggest to mantain from PDER installation?

Just another point: whenever I move a character on the campaign map, it waits a lot (let's say 10 seconds) before starting movement, both in slow and in quick moving options.

Please give me directions to make sounds play in your PDER.

Thank you, mate

P.S.
    someone wrote that quickfix fixed many problems.
    What's "quickfix"?
    Where can I find it?

Thanks for the very detailed feedback, appreciate it.

As far as no sounds are concerned. Here's the thing.

Certain foreign language versions of the mod are lacking certain accents. For example, the Scottish and Eastern European accents are not available in certain localised versions.

If you use the English-language sound files I've linked in the Known Bugs thread, you'll get a CTD if you click on an agent form whom your version is missing the accent.

If you simply copy over your version of M2TW's sound files from the vanilla data/sounds folder, you'll miss accents and sounds for the new factions.

What you can do is try this. See if the Foreign-language sound files I linked to in the Known Bugs thread work for you. There I simply mapped the accents for which certain versions are missing to other accents. Scottish accents become English accents.

If those don't work for you, try this. Download the files in the attachment and place them in your MAIN M2TW data folder. Back-up your vanilla sound files just in case.

Then go into the PDER data folder and open up the descr_sounds_accents.txt. Unclick the read-only attribute and try mapping any accents there that you know your version is missing to another accent type. So if you have never heard a Scottish accent, move the Scots to the English accent. Once changes are made, make it read-only again

Then delete any .dat and .idx files in the PDER/data/sounds folder BUT NOT any in the effect_evt sub-folder.

Then restart the game with the Sound text files in your main M2TW folder and the changed descr_sounds_accents.txt in the PDER data folder. It should generate new sound files in your PDER\data\sounds folder.

Let me know if this works for you

EDIT - try checking here for Quick Fix thread
    Last edited by Socal_infidel; February 16, 2008 at 10:17 AM.

billydilly's Avatar Senator

Is the Patch save-compatible? I really don't want to mess up my Sicilian campign at this point.
    CPU: Intel i7-8700. GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Armor 8G. RAM: Corsair Vengance, 16Gb HD: Kingston SSD 240Gb (System), Samsung 850 Evo SSD 500Gb (Steam), Western Digital 500Gb. PSU: Corsair CX600W

Quote Originally Posted by billydilly View Post
    Is the Patch save-compatible? I really don't want to mess up my Sicilian campign at this point.
    I don't think so. If you managed to start the game up and don't intend to fight any Novgorodian generals any time soon, you should be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert der Grosse View Post
    Well, never could get the copy of Vista to run this mod with sound and without a CTD during loading. So I want you to know, your mod is great enough for me to have unistalled Vista Home Premium and reistall XP. Yes, that is right, and I had to reformat my HD to get it to work.

ALL WORTH IT!!!!!!!! Keep up the good work!
    By the way, all this trouble you went through means a lot to me! Cheers mate! +rep!

Dutchpower's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchpower View Post
    http://img254.imageshack.us/my.php?image=lolyg5.jpg

Here is the screeny of my campaign.
    still need response.
    Batavorum miliaria.

"Tits or GTFO. You know the rules and so do I."

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchpower View Post
    still need response.
    Sorry mate, things have been hectic the past few days. I'm single-handedly trying to put out fires here and keep my r/l job

To be honest, I have never seen that before. I would recommend a fresh install if you haven't already done so. Then install my mod and then install its first patch.

See if that works. It looks almost like a graphics-card issue. But not sure. You say it doesn't effect any other mod or vanilla?

Do you have any files effecting the vanilla folder?

Something weid I saw... in my current campaign, after a re-load, I had some indian names in the new children list... it's nice to see a "popoyopotl Swynford"...

*Oops* I guess there is a bug

Senator
    In the icey lands of Norway... which aren't actually icey... more like rainy.

A little armor glitch I found.

When I zoom in on a unit the armor changes.