Page 7 of 35 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast

Thread: PRO DEO ET REGE 1.0 BUG REPORTS

Default Re: PRO DEO ET REGE 1.0 BUG REPORTS

Anyone had luck getting this to run on Vista? If I dont get it to run soon , I will try it on my XP computer and see what happens. If it for sure works on XP then I am going to trash my copy of VISTA I am really dissappointed in the child like restrictions and method of operation the Vista system places on the user. I think I am grown enough to directly edit the file structure and edit the files on my harddrive Stupid Bill Gates

Socal_infidel's Avatar PDER Piper

Quote Originally Posted by Robert der Grosse View Post
    Anyone had luck getting this to run on Vista? If I dont get it to run soon , I will try it on my XP computer and see what happens. If it for sure works on XP then I am going to trash my copy of VISTA I am really dissappointed in the child like restrictions and method of operation the Vista system places on the user. I think I am grown enough to directly edit the file structure and edit the files on my harddrive Stupid Bill Gates
    Yeah, unfortunately, I'm not aware of anyone getting it to run on VISTA yet. I know loet66 was working on it. And to be honest, I really have no clue. And I'm as frustrated as you because I really want people to enjoy this version because there is no doubt it's the best yet version yet!

I'll keep everyone posted if I hear of anyone getting it to work!

Yesterday I tried loading a new campaign and it worked fine. I guess my previous problem was just a random ctd.

Quote Originally Posted by Icefrisco View Post
    Yesterday I tried loading a new campaign and it worked fine. I guess my previous problem was just a random ctd.
    They happen. So far, neither gigantus or myself have encountered a CTD that we couldn't continue past once we reloaded our saved game. And I've run auto-run campaigns into the early 1300s...knock knock!

2Socal_infidel
    Sorry, but I can't post it in PRO DEO ET REGE 1.0: START-UP ERRORS? PLEASE REPORT HERE! thread.
    So I post it here
    I have start-up error.
    1) Win XP
    2) No
    3) Russian language
    4) Yes. D:\Progarm files\SEGA.... And my M2TW is installed in that directory
    5) NO. I have kingdoms_grand_campaign_mod installed. But this mod doesn't change vanilla files
    6) No
    7) Please help me!

pajomife's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I note that the others mods don't have the cfg and the batch file inside the mod directory....

I'm experting CTD's and an unspecific error report with Novgorod when attempting to enter battles I'm leading myself.

1. Yes I have the English version of the game and I replaced the sound files which are now working
    2. Windows XP
    3. no I am not using the steam version of the game
    4. I would post the error log for the battle but I don't know where to find it. I'm rather hopeless with computers past every day use. If you'll tell me how I'll add it.

I tried a few things to make sure it wasn't just my game or my installation of the mod.

1. started a campaign with Venice no problems when entering battle.
    2. started one with
    Cilician Armenia, to double cheek, no problems again.
    3. Tried a different battle on my save with Novgorod once again CTD,
    unspecific error.
    4. Started a new campaign with Novgorod,
    once again CTD and unspecific error on entering battles.

Its not any one battle but any I try to lead myself, if I Auto resolve I receive no problems.

Lucius Sextus Drusus, Patriciate.

Quote Originally Posted by EmperorCharles View Post
    I'm experting CTD's and an unspecific error report with Novgorod when attempting to enter battles I'm leading myself.

1. Yes I have the English version of the game and I replaced the sound files which are now working
    2. Windows XP
    3. no I am not using the steam version of the game
    4. I would post the error log for the battle but I don't know where to find it. I'm rather hopeless with computers past every day use. If you'll tell me how I'll add it.

I tried a few things to make sure it wasn't just my game or my installation of the mod.

1. started a campaign with Venice no problems when entering battle.
    2. started one with Cilician Armenia, to double cheek, no problems again.
    3. Tried a different battle on my save with Novgorod once again CTD, unspecific error.
    4. Started a new campaign with Novgorod, once again CTD and unspecific error on entering battles.

Its not any one battle but any I try to lead myself, if I Auto resolve I receive no problems.

Thanks for this report EmperorCharles! Very detailed.

This problem is known and is being corrected. A patch will be released shortly -either tonight (NEW YORK TIME) or tomorrow morning.

The problem lays with the Novogorodian general. Stupid error and one I should've caught! Ah well! When your mod has 5000 files in it, one of 'em is bound to contain an error, right?

Cheers! Check back later!

What's the error with the general is it text based?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Phan View Post
    What's the error with the general is it text based?
    The entry in the modelsdb file was wrong:

it should be

Code:
    12 ee_bodyguard 
    1 4 
    56 unit_models/_Units/EN_Lmail_Hmail/ee_bodyguard_lod0.mesh 121 
    56 unit_models/_Units/EN_Lmail_Hmail/ee_bodyguard_lod1.mesh 900 
    56 unit_models/_Units/EN_Lmail_Hmail/ee_bodyguard_lod2.mesh 2500 
    56 unit_models/_Units/EN_Lmail_Hmail/ee_bodyguard_lod3.mesh 6400 
    6 russia 
    72 unit_models/_Units/EN_Lmail_Hmail/textures/EN_Lmail_Hmail_russia.texture 
    72 unit_models/_Units/EN_Lmail_Hmail/textures/EN_Lmail_Hmail_normal.texture 
    43 unit_sprites/russia_Druzhina_ug1_sprite.spr 
    5 slave 
    72 unit_models/_Units/EN_Lmail_Hmail/textures/EN_Lmail_Hmail_rebels.texture 
    72 unit_models/_Units/EN_Lmail_Hmail/textures/EN_Lmail_Hmail_normal.texture 
    43 unit_sprites/russia_Druzhina_ug1_sprite.spr 
    8 novgorod 
    83 unit_models/_Units/EN_Lmail_Hmail/textures/EN_Lmail_Hmail_novgorod_druzhina.texture 
    90 unit_models/_Units/EN_Lmail_Hmail/textures/EN_Lmail_Hmail_novgorod_druzhina_normal.texture 
    45 unit_sprites/novgorod_EE_Bodyguard_sprite.spr 
    6 russia 
    59 unit_models/AttachmentSets/Final Danish_russia_diff.texture 
    59 unit_models/AttachmentSets/Final Danish_russia_norm.texture 0  
    5 slave 
    58 unit_models/AttachmentSets/Final Danish_slave_diff.texture 
    58 unit_models/AttachmentSets/Final Danish_slave_norm.texture 0  
    8 novgorod 
    61 unit_models/AttachmentSets/Final Danish_novgorod_diff.texture 
    61 unit_models/AttachmentSets/Final Danish_novgorod_norm.texture 0  
    5 Horse 
    13 MTW2_HR_Spear 
    13 MTW2_HR_Sword 2 
    21 MTW2_HR_spear_Primary 
    14 fs_test_shield 2 
    18 MTW2_Sword_Primary 
    14 fs_test_shield 
    16 -0.090000004 0 0 -0.34999999 0.80000001 0.60000002
    the _druzhina part was left off

Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Socal_infidel View Post
    Antiac, from the looks of this log file, the problem is with the vanilla animation files? Have you tried to mod these on your own? Or installed any mod that modifies them?

Check this path and see if these files are present. data\animations\pack.idx and skeletons.idx
    Nope those items aren't present. Which is really weird. The game is unmodded & no cd crack. in my regular MTW/data/animations or in the mod folder

Quote Originally Posted by Antiac View Post
    Nope those items aren't present. Which is really weird. The game is unmodded & no cd crack. in my regular MTW/data/animations or in the mod folder
    Check your PM.

EDIT - to anyone else reading this post, apologies for the 'shadiness' ...I'm asking people to test out a patch to see if it resolves start-up problems...nothing nefarious going on...
    Last edited by Socal_infidel; February 15, 2008 at 04:38 PM.

billydilly's Avatar Senator

Hi,
    I found these minor issues in my Sicily campaign:
    - 'Foot Knights of Outremer' seem to only use 'loose formation'.
    - I can recruit middle eastern and southern europeran peasants and levy spearmen at the same time in Antioch (as Sicily).

Another thing is when playing a Short Campaign, the Byzantine win in the first turn because they already have 15 regions at the start.

Also Iznik should be Nicaea. Iznik is the modern turkish name.
    CPU: Intel i7-8700. GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Armor 8G. RAM: Corsair Vengance, 16Gb HD: Kingston SSD 240Gb (System), Samsung 850 Evo SSD 500Gb (Steam), Western Digital 500Gb. PSU: Corsair CX600W

Quote Originally Posted by billydilly View Post
    Hi,
    I found these minor issues in my Sicily campaign:
    - 'Foot Knights of Outremer' seem to only use 'loose formation'.
    - I can recruit middle eastern and southern europeran peasants and levy spearmen at the same time in Antioch (as Sicily).

Another thing is when playing a Short Campaign, the Byzantine win in the first turn because they already have 15 regions at the start.

Also Iznik should be Nicaea. Iznik is the modern turkish name.
    Thanks for the report.

It's intentional that you're able to recruit ME and SE peasants/militia in the Outremer. Represents both elements that would have been present there.

I know the Crusaders were hesitant to use Muslims in their armies, but you don't have to follow what they do to a tee!

And yeah, Short campaigns. Always forget about those

Default Re: PRO DEO ET REGE: Kingdoms Edition Bug Reports

Ok, no sound. An also an odd feature, the templars and hospitallers fight in wide ranks thus they are often beaten by simple infantry.

Quote Originally Posted by Socal_infidel View Post
    The problem lays with the Novogorodian general. Stupid error and one I should've caught! Ah well! When your mod has 5000 files in it, one of 'em is bound to contain an error, right?
    Cheers! Check back later!
    Hey so long as it gets fixed eventually, in the mean time I get to enjoy the other factions. Thought I hit another problem. When I start a campaign with Georgia, after i hit the start button and before the loading appears it gives me an unspecific error and CTD's. Thats all the information I have really on the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by EmperorCharles View Post
    Hey so long as it gets fixed eventually, in the mean time I get to enjoy the other factions. Thought I hit another problem. When I start a campaign with Georgia, after i hit the start button and before the loading appears it gives me an unspecific error and CTD's. Thats all the information I have really on the problem.
    Hmmm...try again. I've occasionally had some random CTDs when starting a campaign. Not sure what they are exactly. But once I get a campaign running they seem to be fine.

EDIT - Patch should be up and running tomorrow morning New york city time!

Default Re: PRO DEO ET REGE: Kingdoms Edition Bug Reports

Quote Originally Posted by bobulus View Post
    Ok, no sound. An also an odd feature, the templars and hospitallers fight in wide ranks thus they are often beaten by simple infantry.
    Ooh! Thanks for catching that! Looks like I'll rebuild the Patch installer to fix the templars and hospitallers!

Well I fixed the problem indirectly. By starting the campaign with a faction that does work(in this case england) quiting that and returning to the main menu, and then starting a campaign with Georgia, it worked. Don't know what the problem was but now at least I know how to get around it.

i got kicked from the game when the 8 minutes to start the game ended.

Watch some of me replays for RTW http://www.youtube.com/user/TeutonicJoe