Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Suggestions for Future

Ragnos's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: RM2 Suggestions for Future

There is a hardcoded limit of 21 factions, including the Rebels, so I really doubt the Hussites could be a separate faction. There could be some rebel Hussite units though.

Oh well but it's interesting idea?

i want to help with the mod
    but i have no talent or skills
    so if you all don't mind i'll
    just give suggestions
    uanime5's Eras total conquest
    a Medieval 2 total war kingdoms mod
    featuring 10 campaigns covering the entire world
    each include different factions, faction start positions, and levels of technology
    Download>Link1 Link2 Link3 Link4 Link5

Lord Of The Knights's Avatar Rome Medieval ******

Ok TOLARO,dont worry,your suggestions are always welcome
    you may help us with some works in the future,i hope you enjoy RM.

I have Medieval 2, so if you need any files I can supply them. Could we port the music to Rome Medieval? It really is outstanding.

of corse we can,that is the easiest part,about other files,we will decide if we need some of them when we start the work in july.

you can help with that Ragnos,as you can see,some UI cards are wrong for some units (conqustadoris,vikings,janissaries for example) so you can help in fixing that using UI cards from M2TW,im waiting your confirm to this work.

thanks Ragnos
    Last edited by Lord Of The Knights; April 27, 2008 at 12:04 PM.

Sure, I've already unpacked the files and everything.

Great,im waiting your nice work.

i think we should have more aor units and such

Which ones, and where? The current mercenary units would be great if we implemented AoR, but we'll need more than that,

like for example.... longbowmen only in certain english provinces... and teutonic knights in prussia... and knight hospitallers only in rhodes and jerusalem... and Jannisaries, in greece, western anatolia, and Istanbul( Constantinople)

if uve played Roma surrectum u would kinda no what i mean.... they got lots of aor units... ( city specific hoplites)

reminds me... major cities should be able to recruit special units... instead of having 8 mercenary units of genoese crossbowman everywhr... make them trainable in genoa and genoase colonies

and also ... we should take out tunisia and add a free people faction.. kinda like the rebels but to better represent free cities and trade leagues...( if its a actual faction then they would be more realistic and active)

much like what they have in Roma surrectum

By using RTW-Alexander add-on, can we easily add the night battle in? It would be nice to do that.

*******Rome Medieval Forum*******
    Beta tester for ROME MEDIEVAL

Quote Originally Posted by Efe Pasha View Post
    reminds me... major cities should be able to recruit special units... instead of having 8 mercenary units of genoese crossbowman everywhr... make them trainable in genoa and genoase colonies.
    That's actually one of the things I really like about this mod. You can find mercenaries from far and wide all over the world, which is really what it was like. And thousands of mercenary crossbowmen were hired by the French at Agincourt, so I'm not really bothered by the current number of mercenaries available.

Quote Originally Posted by ttoommyy View Post
    By using RTW-Alexander add-on, can we easily add the night battle in? It would be nice to do that.
    we can add in night battle with rtw 1.5 exe

im not sure how... but ive seenn plenty of mods that have it .. along with recruitable generals

This mod is awesome, but why isn´t there kingdom of Bohemia? In medieval ages Bohemia was strong and feared country.
    In M2TW isn´t Bohemia too and I think it´s wrong...

I will be very happy if bohemia will be in the next Rm version

Bohemia in 13th century

Kingdom of Bohemia during the hussite wars in 15. century

[IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Adam/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.jpg[/IMG]

PS: Sorry for my bad english, I´m Czech.

Nice,thanks for the information,we really have a problem because of the limited number of factions slots,we can't add new factions so we have to replace the other factions,im planning to do that to create a russian faction,and i will do my best to have Bohemia in the next version (but i cant promise you),because there are many other factions must take a part in this mod like Kingdom of Aragon,Norway.
    Last edited by Lord Of The Knights; May 01, 2008 at 12:49 PM.

Thanks a lot for your endeavour and good luck. If you need some informations about Bohemia I can help you

First of all.. Salutes! New to the forum, and registered solely because of this wonderful mod (the solution for people, like me, who love the TW series and the Medieval times but can't run Medieval 2: Total War). Congratulations to the maker(s).

I've seen a lot of comments about new factions or units or leaders or whatever, but I have a single comment to do:
    Castles.

Now, I don't think you can code it to be like Medieval 2 (where you can choose to have either a city or a castle), but I find the current "castle" system to be incredibly broken.

How so? Well, don't get me wrong, I love the castles in RM. The first time I fought on one, the battle was truly epic, with the hardcore of both the Scottish and English armies trying to outlast the other. It was truly splendid. I should add that I love the castle maps, and dont think they should be changed at all.

Now, what's the problem then? The answer is simple: The way they replace the forts.
    In Medieval 2 we have castles working as cities instead of you having the ability to build them anywhere, and your mod shows why.
    With less money than it would take me to train a swordsmen units, I can suddenly create, in only one turn, a fortress mightiest than most walled cities anywhere I want, be it the enemy's territory or my own.
    I think you see where I'm going here.

The idea of forts in Rome Vanilla was a reflection of how the historical romans used them: whenever an army stopped to rest or took position close to an enemy city, they would buy a fort to defend themselves should the enemy try to attack them. This same idea worked for the M2 forts. Unfortunaly, a castle is a whole different thing: It's obviously harder to breach a double-walled, archers-able fortress than a simple wooden fence. Being that way, I think that replacing the forts with Camelot was perhaps a poor idea. I simply thank the gods that the AI hasn't realized how the new system works, otherwise I would have enemy citadels within my boarders in no time.

My suggestion? Well, I see two solutions:
    The first would be to replace the current castles with Roman-style forts, and have the castles be previosly positioned around the map (working as "permanent forts", you could say). where could you put them? I don't know, but I would suggest either strategical points (boarders? Close to default capitals?) or on the site of historical castles.
    The other solution, which may be easier to implement, would be simply raising the price of castles. The current one (500 gold coins) works for a small wooden fort, but for a castle I may suggest something closer to 6000 or even 10000 gold pieces. This way, they would only be placed on the most important spots, and players would constantly keep a small garrison on them so they wouldn't decay.

Short version: castles broken, raise price or replace with forts.
    Thanks for reading, and once again, woderful job on the mod. I'm loving it.

Thanks Monoxx,and good suggestions,actually,i have a plan for the castles in the next version,and i may use one of your solutions.
    Good to see more new fans and supporters,dont forget to keep your RM updated by installing the latest Fixes.

i hope you enjoy RM2

LOTKs

Can we add more flags (triangle or others) to our army? Especially in the first line of the army. It will be nice to see army with more flags to charge the enemy.

*******Rome Medieval Forum*******
    Beta tester for ROME MEDIEVAL