Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Suggestions for Future

Tsar Ivan Asen II's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: RM2 Suggestions for Future

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnos View Post
    I do believe that medieval heavy cavalry was extremely destructive, a single well executed charge could easily crush the opposition. That said, they should be made weaker in prolonged combat (by lowering the attack value maybe?), since they were in a fairly vulnerable position from which to strike down.
    Thats true, but if its heavy it wont charge that fast + between Roman/Gaul/Parthia etc. (Original RTW Factions) Heavy Cavalry and France Heavy Cavalry (for example) the difference is so big.Even in MTW2 the heavy cavalry dont charge that fast ^_^

Ragnos's Avatar Semisalis

Ah, you mean speed. I'm not sure that can be altered, but I'll look around in the files.

I do think that these thing should be changed:

1.Native American Tribes
    New town names, (lol man thats NEW YORK), on the campaning screen their flag (banner) is like m2tw - thats great, but when you attack them and when the battle begin their flag(banner) is like egypt in the original total war.They also look exactly like egypt in total war, make new or find new scins for these tribes.I agree that their units should be weak but these are really weak.I defeat all of them with only 1 general and full bar of units.Its going slow thought coz their are on different isles so their strenght is fine I guess.I just think that their phalanx is too weak and it should be a bit stronger.Even in direct charge with heavy cavalry they are routing.You should morale + I guess.And why we cannot play as them in costume game, or even campaning this would be so cool!

2.Guns
    Why theres no hand gunners or something in the game?Only bows..So there is cannons with devastating attack but there is no gunners.You should make.They range should be more than a bow and they attack should be more powerful.

3.Crusaders - Jihads
    You should think something about it.A player and AI should be able to launch Crusades and Jihads somehow.The army will gain more morale and things like this.You should think something!You should able to build the holy cross or the Crescent..stuff like these.

4.Sounds
    Im tired of it."Romans.. today we will fight agains people of Greece, proud bla bla bla" and the battle music shoud be change also.And some other minor sounds.

5.Buildings
    Why not to change the buildings pictures also?This will 'refresh' the game.

Well I guess thats for now.
    Titus.

Lord Of The Knights's Avatar Rome Medieval ******

thanks Tsar,i planned to do all these suggestions,and the new RM version will cotain all the appropriate suggestions and ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Of The Knights View Post
    thanks Tsar,i planned to do all these suggestions,and the new RM version will cotain all the appropriate suggestions and ideas.
    Im so glad.
    When you complete all of those things Im sure that this mod will become a very popular one.And it should be. The RTW engine gives more flexability and also is more dinamic.In future we (RM fans and team) can think for even more improvments but for now those stuff should be done.

Good luck I'll aways play this one.
    Tsar.

Lord Of The Knights can you make a new topic or something like that, to show all future features that you'll add in mod in July?

Nice idea,i will do that when i get enough time

What is more historical and right for the european general and his bodyguards,to be on horses or on feet (without horses)?

Every general should be on Horses.Thats not first shown in Medeival period but in the Ancient Times too.After all.. the real power in the Medieval Period was the Heavy Cavlry and the Genrals and their heavy armored bodyguards on horses..And then guns and cannons.About the Europian history at that medieval period there was much more nations (factions) on the map (Russian, Serbia, Bulgaria, Kingdom of Novgorod, Luthinians etc.)I dont really see any real thing in the Native American Tribes actually, and I DO think that they should be replaced and added more factions.
    Thanks.

Tsar Ivan Asen II of Bulgaria.

you are right about the native americans,i didnt finish them,even i didnt start yet,i ported them in less than a hour to the game before i upload (that was because i was extremely busy like now) so i ported them to improve them in the next versions.

adding more factions is impossible due to the limits,but i will replace many factions in the next version.

ok just so i am clear
    did you say that the native Americans did or did not have horses
    because i know for a fact that the native Americans did not

they did not have them until after the Spanish arrived
    and even then it took the whole idea of horses about 200 years to catch on
    uanime5's Eras total conquest
    a Medieval 2 total war kingdoms mod
    featuring 10 campaigns covering the entire world
    each include different factions, faction start positions, and levels of technology
    Download>Link1 Link2 Link3 Link4 Link5

Jingles's Avatar Praefectus

It depends on the factions for the general's bodyguards. I know that the English for example preffered to fight on foot in order to better protect their longbowmen, and at the battle of Agincourt, ALL the English knights fought dismounted. I think the scots should probably have a dismounted general as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Of The Knights View Post
    you are right about the native americans,i didnt finish them,even i didnt start yet,i ported them in less than a hour to the game before i upload (that was because i was extremely busy like now) so i ported them to improve them in the next versions.

adding more factions is impossible due to the limits,but i will replace many factions in the next version.
    Good!Glad to hear that

Quote Originally Posted by Jingle_Bombs View Post
    It depends on the factions for the general's bodyguards. I know that the English for example preffered to fight on foot in order to better protect their longbowmen, and at the battle of Agincourt, ALL the English knights fought dismounted. I think the scots should probably have a dismounted general as well.
    Scottish for sure, in the early medieval years they fought on foot.Im not sure about the English, but one battles did not means nothing.Anywayz its just my own opinion.
    Thanks.

Tsar Ivan Asen of Bulgaria

Quote Originally Posted by Tsar Ivan Asen II View Post
    I do think that these thing should be changed:

2.Guns
    Why theres no hand gunners or something in the game?Only bows..So there is cannons with devastating attack but there is no gunners.You should make.They range should be more than a bow and they attack should be more powerful.

Titus.
    I thing the hand gunners they fire with more power bud they must get very close to fire...

Jingles's Avatar Praefectus

On that note, It may be worth slowing down the fire rate of crossbowmen, currently they fire as fast as archers, when in reality they could only fire once every 3 minutes or so. I'm not saying slow it down that much, but maybe slow down a little more to reflect this. On the flipside they could be made more lethal, and have a longer range.

Nice suggestion Jingle_Bombs,we will take it.

Is it possible to add the function to buy a general ?

Where there is a Will there is a Way

Ephialtes The Dog's Avatar Vicarius
    Under your bed, in your closet, in your head!!!

I know I'm probably starting to get annoying but what you could do for the pope is just turn the Senate in vanilla into the Vatican or something like that.
    "So there I am, in Sri Lanka, formerly Ceylon, at about 3 o'clock in the morning, looking for one thousand brown M&Ms to fill a brandy glass, or Ozzy wouldn't go on stage that night. So, Jeff Beck pops his head 'round the door, and mentions there's a little sweets shop on the edge of town. So - we go. And - it's closed. So there's me, and Keith Moon, and David Crosby, breaking into that little sweets shop, eh. Well, instead of a guard dog, they've got this bloody great big Bengal tiger. I managed to take out the tiger with a can of mace, but the shopowner and his son... that's a different story altogether. I had to beat them to death with their own shoes. Nasty business, really. But, sure enough, I got the M&Ms, and Ozzy went on stage and did a great show."

-Del Preston

Hi what do you think about adding non-playable faction of Hussites with their famous Battle Wagons?