Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: The Darkage

Default The Darkage

In the menu before loading the legit game The darkage is unavalible. Is this not yet implemented or what?

Favorite Goalies

Default Re: No Darkage?

Quote Originally Posted by Meister Sibrand View Post
    In the menu before loading the legit game The darkage is unavalible. Is this not yet implemented or what?

The Darkage is still in development.

Chivalry II TW : The Sicilian Vespers - The Multi-Era Mod Project (MIITW/Kingdoms)
    Chivalry I TW - The Original Medieval Total Conversion Mod (BI 1.6 Or RTW 1.5)
    Under the Patronage of Atterdag

alright i thought so thanks

Favorite Goalies

I will release a beta once enough of the campaign is completed, similar to what we did with the Renaissance.

Chivalry II TW : The Sicilian Vespers - The Multi-Era Mod Project (MIITW/Kingdoms)

Sigma's Avatar Ducenarius

Will the DA campaign cover only Great Britain? or will it cover all of Europe? also what date will the DA campaign start in? (630's with the Rise of Islam or 800's with the Vikings?)

The Darkage campaign will start around 888 or 895 AD. It will center on the disintegration of the Carolingian Empire, and will utilize the current full map (with province name changes).

The start date will depend on whether we start the Magyars in Etelköz or Hungary.

I will try my best to get a Darkage beta into the next release. It won't be complete, but will be very playable.

Do you have family trees done for the Darkage? If not then I would be glad to do the genealogy research for factions.

If you're up to it, that would be a huge help

I am looking at an 888 or 895 AD start date.

Ok, I will do it I had lot's of fun and I also learned something the last time I did it. Just tell me please which factions are going to be there in Darkage Era.

Thanks, I really appreciate it.

Here is the tentative list:

{TIMURIDS}Khazar Khaganate
    {VENICE}Serenìxima Repùblica Vèneta
    {SICILY}Thema Sikelikon
    {MILAN}Regnum Italicum or Regnum Langobardorum
    {PAPAL_STATES}Patrimonium Sancti Petri
    {DENMARK}Regnum Daniĉ
    {EGYPT}Amiraa al-Aghlabiyya to become Khalifah al-Fatimiyyun via event
    {SCOTLAND}Regnum Scotiĉ
    {AZTECS}Mexìcâ
    {MONGOLS}Peçenek Hanligi
    {TURKS}Khalifah al-‘Abbasiyun
    {FRANCE}Regnum Francorum or Regnum Francia Occidentalis
    {HRE}Regnum Teutonicum or Regnum Francia Orientalis
    {ENGLAND}Regnum Angliĉ
    {PORTUGAL}Regnum Navarrae
    {POLAND}Regnum Poloniĉ
    {BYZANTIUM}Basileia ton Romaion
    {ARMENIA}Regnum Armeniĉ or Metz Hayk (Greater Armenia)
    {SERBIA}Županija Raška
    {BULGARIA}Bulgar Kanasubigi
    {MOORS}Khalifah Umayyah
    {RUSSIA}Rhos Khaganate
    {SPAIN}Regnum Asturorum
    {HUNGARY}Magyar Törzsek
    {SLAVE}Terrae Nullius
    {SAXONS}Regnum Burgundiae or Regnum Burgundorum
    {NORMANS}Comtat de Barcelona
    {ANTIOCH}Principatus Beneventum
    {JERUSALEM}Velká Morava (until I can add Bohemia)

It may be hard to find genealogies for some of the factions, so maybe you can list the ruler and the next two or three after him.
    Last edited by SicilianVespers; April 18, 2008 at 03:01 PM.

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

Default Re: The Darkage?

Maybe the English faction names would help him, in some cases?
    Last edited by DaVinci; April 18, 2008 at 12:50 PM.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

Quote Originally Posted by DaVinci View Post
    Maybe the English faction names would help him, in some cases?
    @herbsman

Would that help, or are you ok with all the names?

I am ok with that list. Only thing I am not sure so far is if Thema Sikelikon is Emirate of Sicily?

Quote Originally Posted by herbsman View Post
    I am ok with that list. Only thing I am not sure so far is if Thema Sikelikon is Emirate of Sicily?
    Thats the Byzantine Theme of Sicily, but I think you should also do the Emirate just in case.

Just a suggestion - shouldn't then they be a part of Byzantine empire in game? Look in the research therad Byzantines and Ifriqyia were fighting over the island and in this period Byzantines were holding the shorter end - they held probably only Syracuse, Taromina and couple of other minor cities.

"Principatus Beneventum"

Can't wait to play as Benevento!!!

Here is the price of freedom: Your every drop of courage, ounce of pain, pint of blood,...paid in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by herbsman View Post
    Just a suggestion - shouldn't then they be a part of Byzantine empire in game? Look in the research therad Byzantines and Ifriqyia were fighting over the island and in this period Byzantines were holding the shorter end - they held probably only Syracuse, Taromina and couple of other minor cities.
    I think we were pretty much left to our own defense, and that's probably why we held out so long

With all the Siqilli Muslim units I added to Sicily, we can easily use them as a Muslim Emirate. I will have to look at the situation once I start setting it up.

Another possibility is the ex. Byzantine Duchy of Naples. They were allied to he Sicilian Muslims, and used them as mercenaries. We wouldn't have to change much to turn Sicily into the Ducatus Neapolis.

The layout of the Islamic factions will be something like this:

Umayyads in Iberia
    Aghlabids/Fatimids in Ifriqiya
    Abbasids in the Middle East
    When we add a new Muslim faction we can add the Tulunids in Egypt.

This will be adjusted to meet the start date of course.

The more I think about this, the more I like the Idea of a Duchy of Naples. It should go very well with Benevento.

@Aliksander

Benevento has always been one of my favorites as well
    Last edited by SicilianVespers; April 18, 2008 at 06:27 PM.

Duchy of Naples sounds very cool - I have already found a family tree for them.

sirfiggin's Avatar Senator

Its really promising that a team are planning to have a campaign for this unrepresented but important era

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast