Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Faction Thread - Serbia

Default Re: Faction Thread - Serbia

Quote Originally Posted by tzar View Post
    Names you can use for Serbian Heavy Cavalry units
    • Vlastela Cavalry - Noble Cavalry - Bows and lances
    • Srpski Vitezovi - Serbian Knights - lances (late unit)
    • Carska Garda - Tzars Guard - maces and lances (because I see you will use name Tsardom of Serbia)
    • Red Zmaja - Order of the Dragon

Thanks, just in time

Also would be nice provide for the other units
    Common sense removed due being Disruptive.

This could be unique units and on top of these you can use some generic ones which are used by other factions too.

• Serbian Infantry - medium infantry good defence, had large shields, spears
    • Serbian Heavy Infantry - sword, Medium shield, armour
    • Krajisnici - light infantry (Medium shield, axes, spears, high mobility,high endurance)
    • Serbian Archers - medium shield, could fight in hand-to-hand
    • Gusars - (Hussar)- light cavalry
    • Mala Vlastela - Lover Noble Cavalry
    The House of Wilpuri ~ Proud Patron of: The Noble Lord & Sumskilz

Serbia Roster (Beta Version)

cool

ill added them

Zephrelial's Avatar Eternal Sorrow
    An ancient castle on a steep windy mountain peak.. away from all mortal eyes...

Quote Originally Posted by Ataegina View Post
    Serbia Roster (Beta Version)

Just as I thought Serbia has a very solid roster.
    Shine on you crazy diamond...

To me that roster seems to be lacking in light mountain units a bit... for the early period wasn't that their main army?

I understood that Serbia used more mercenaries than average among nations? So shouldn't they have less cavalry?
    in vita mea

Sarmatian's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by Vegna View Post
    To be honest, and i really dont mean anything offensive by this, This mod is so well balanced, cause as i saw in Tsardom Total War they werent actually balancing the army of Serbia, This mod in the contrary has REAL Heavy cavalry and Heavy infantry, they look like they are HEAVILY armoured and they are heavily armoured, not the fact i saw in Tsardom Total War, so as for my opinion which is minor, but though from a serb,
    Not trying to be the wise guy here, but could you elaborate this a bit more? Cause I don't really understand what were you trying to say...

What's the names of first 3 units (from left to right)?

peasant,woodsmen,croat axeman !

about cavalry, well dont forget 2 are bodyguards (not recruitable)

To me that roster seems to be lacking in light mountain units a bit... for the early period wasn't that their main army?
    Wich units you would like to see ?

Also about Vegna post, guys move forward!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mattius View Post
    What I can see from this picture of unit roster 2-3 light cavalry units should be fine
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattius View Post
    I understood that Serbia used more mercenaries than average among nations? So shouldn't they have less cavalry?
    No, not more than other nations (Byzantium was well known by using lots of mercenaries)

byzantium have alot of technology but lacks in manpower......just a shadow of the former roman empire (legions)....

byzantium was well knowed by using germanic/scandinavian mercs and normans...

Strat map models re-skined

Sarmatian's Avatar Biarchus

Good work Ataegina! +rep

But, better remove Croat axemen before matko sees them . Kidding aside, Croat axemen didn't exist, and are completely made up by CA.

Also, Belgrade wasn't a part of Serbia when the mod starts...

honestly i dont know a king/kingdom wich have never used mercenaries in battles.....in special when war goes longer and mens at age starts lacking ....

also please post in "real" serbian, i say this because i'm not serbian so for me,sounds all the same, and i dont want use slovak or sloven in this mod by mistake... (dont take it wrong)

Hmmmm using latinkon for serbia ???
    Nono!
    i meant using the same system ^^!
    like for instance; relying on units who consist out of people from an foreign country, just like varangian guard or latinkon ^^

I dont know where did you dig up name "Konjacki Vitezovi" but it's not from serbian language (slovenian or slovakian maybe :hmmm: )

Please don't judge unfinished product, and if you have anything to sagest please feel free and post it at Tsardoms sub-forum.

It's not about what sound more Medieval but what is accurate.

Yes they used mercenaries, but here we are talking about serbian unit roster not mercenaries .
    I dont know why your putting up such an offensive attitude but do know im only trying to give ideas, if every one would agree about one thing then we wouldnt be human.

I dont know what you mean by being accurate, you do know Varangian Guard was disbanded in 1204 in the Byzantine Kingdom , so do correct me if im wrong but doesnt Byzantia start its campaing around 1080-1100AD in M2:TW and with the Crusades mod 1174AD?
    so that actually means this game is not as accurate as it seems now is it, im not trying to disrespect your work for i know how much work goes into a mod, im actually very thrilled to see my country being made a part of an mod for M2:TW but if your going to be so accurate then medieval Serbia wont be an actuall challenge to conquer, its a shame we havent got many sources to get all the information we need.. too bad many documents and etc got burned by the beginning of the ottoman rule to the end of the communism...

Quote Originally Posted by Sarmatian View Post
    Not trying to be the wise guy here, but could you elaborate this a bit more? Cause I don't really understand what were you trying to say...
    Nono not at all my friend, check your PM box, i've send an quite simpel advance on what i meant with that post ^^

well i'm aware, but this was more about gameplay, because if we give like just skopje and remove some early units, serbia ill be erased from the map in..... 10 turns ??

we've improve AI, i've tested, and you can see hungary,venice moving faster,if you dont play on offensive you're totally isolated...

also please guys keep personal issue for pm's

models in battle

This looks great!

but i've been wondering about croat axemen, also in last case we can remove and replace with 1 or 2 units regarding javellins or spearmens !? what you think ?

renegade765's Avatar Civis

I'm not well read on Serbian history, but I've never really liked Croat Axemen all that much. If you can find a better alternative I say go for it.