Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Crashes and how to fix them

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Default Re: Crashes and how to fix them

It involves several graphics - do have a look into this tutorial of mine, it has a section about coat of arms that you should be able to adapt to an existing faction.

thank you, but I do not understand tutorialu
    Last edited by Rudes; May 23, 2022 at 04:46 AM.

I'm trying to find another
    Last edited by Rudes; May 23, 2022 at 04:47 AM.

Blog Entries

Coat of Arms files - page 6 in the guide. Apologies here - it doesn't deal with eh individual, existing files.

In short - you need to replace the following files:

data\banners: look for the 'symbol' file that contains the symbol of your faction and replace that section
    data\menu\symbols\fe_buttons24: look for the name of your faction and replace the 4 files
    data\menu\symbols\fe_buttons48: look for the name of your faction and replace the 4 files
    data\menu\symbols\fe_buttons80: look for the name of your faction and replace the file
    data\ui\faction_symbols: look for the name of your faction and replace the file

The last one is a bit tricky as you may need to replace the symbol in every culture based file:

data\ui\[culture name]\interface\sharedpage_01.tga: look for the faction symbol and replace it
    data\ui\[culture name]\interface\stratpage_01 to 04.tga: look for the faction symbol and replace it

All of this requires for these files to be unpacked and the game be mod compatible.

Install my Bare Geomod base mod set up, then unpack the game and copy the necessary files into Bare Geomod's directory. After editing start Bare Geomod instead of the main game, there will be desktop shortcut for it.
    Last edited by Gigantus; May 23, 2022 at 09:46 PM.

Hello, I want to ask, I formed a faction from an already existential faction. The problem is that I have added soldiers, I have exchanged generals from the Middle East for Europian generals, but in battle the general still has bodygars from the Middle East... Anyone's advice to change that?

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    Spisy erbu - strana 6 v príručke. Ospravedlňujeme sa tu - nezaoberá sa to jednotlivými, existujúcimi súbormi.

Stručne povedané - musíte nahradiť nasledujúce súbory:

data\bannery: vyhľadajte súbor "symbol", ktorý obsahuje symbol vašej frakcie a nahraďte túto sekciu
    data\menu\symboly\fe_buttons24: vyhľadajte názov svojej frakcie a nahraďte 4 súbory
    data\menu\symboly\fe_buttons48: vyhľadajte názov svojej frakcie a vymeňte 4 súbory
    data\menu\symboly\fe_buttons80: vyhľadajte názov svojej frakcie a nahraďte údaje súboru
    \ui\faction_symbols: vyhľadajte názov svojej frakcie a nahraďte súbor

Posledný je trochu zložitý, pretože možno budete musieť nahradiť symbol v každom súbore založenom na kultúre:

data\ui\[culture name]\interface\sharedpage_01.tga: vyhľadajte symbol frakcie a nahraďte ho
    data\ui\[názov kultúry]\interface\stratpage_01 až 04.tga: vyhľadajte symbol frakcie a nahraďte ho

Všetko to si vyžaduje, aby sa tieto súbory rozbalili a hra bola kompatibilná s modom.

Nainštalujte môj základný mod Bare Geomod, potom rozbaľte hru a skopírujte potrebné súbory do adresára Bare Geomod. Po úprave spustite Bare Geomod namiesto hlavnej hry, bude pre ňu desktopová skratka.

Thank you, I changed the symbols 24,48,80 . now in the menu shows my new coat of arms but on the campaign map the coat of arms is old and I do not know how to change it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    Spisy erbu - strana 6 v príručke. Ospravedlňujeme sa tu - nezaoberá sa to jednotlivými, existujúcimi súbormi.

Stručne povedané - musíte nahradiť nasledujúce súbory:

data\bannery: vyhľadajte súbor "symbol", ktorý obsahuje symbol vašej frakcie a nahraďte túto sekciu
    data\menu\symboly\fe_buttons24: vyhľadajte názov svojej frakcie a nahraďte 4 súbory
    data\menu\symboly\fe_buttons48: vyhľadajte názov svojej frakcie a vymeňte 4 súbory
    data\menu\symboly\fe_buttons80: vyhľadajte názov svojej frakcie a nahraďte údaje súboru
    \ui\faction_symbols: vyhľadajte názov svojej frakcie a nahraďte súbor

Posledný je trochu zložitý, pretože možno budete musieť nahradiť symbol v každom súbore založenom na kultúre:

data\ui\[culture name]\interface\sharedpage_01.tga: vyhľadajte symbol frakcie a nahraďte ho
    data\ui\[názov kultúry]\interface\stratpage_01 až 04.tga: vyhľadajte symbol frakcie a nahraďte ho

Všetko to si vyžaduje, aby sa tieto súbory rozbalili a hra bola kompatibilná s modom.

Nainštalujte môj základný mod Bare Geomod, potom rozbaľte hru a skopírujte potrebné súbory do adresára Bare Geomod. Po úprave spustite Bare Geomod namiesto hlavnej hry, bude pre ňu desktopová skratka.

The problem is, I don't know how to replace them, I don't know how to do it, do I need a program for that?

Blog Entries

The GIMP is a freeware graphic editor that will allow you to edit those TGA files. You should be able to change it to your language, some helpful links here.

Thank you, I made it. Even if I could ask one question. I've changed my game one year are two twists, and I'd like to know if the population growth can be adjusted to that?

Blog Entries

You would need to slow down population growth. That can be achieved by editing values in the descr_settlement_mechanics file (opens with Notepad).

The file may need unpacking and copying into your mod - after that you can experiment with reducing the various SPF values

thank you for your help

and how do I add business products to the regions? I edited it in descr_strat,,I gave the example to Prague gold but nothing changed on the campaign map.

I'd still like to ask myself, I'm not doing a mod in a geomode, but I'm already imagining an existing mod according to myself, and when I finish it as I'm going to save it permanently so I can, for example, put it on another way and install it there?

I'm not doing this in geomode, I'm modifying an existing mod. when it's done, how do you save it? so that you can also publish and play elsewhere not only at me in pc?
    Last edited by Gigantus; May 30, 2022 at 11:48 PM.

Blog Entries

Changes in descr_strat require you to start a new campaign. Did you add the resource entry where all the other entries are? How did you establish the co-ordinate for the placement?

Mods can be published in this forum, if the mod becomes more extensive you can later apply to a moderator for your own forum.

How can I change my voice to the characters? I have a faction in Europe but they still have votes like in the Middle East

Blog Entries

You reassign the faction to another culture in the descr_sounds_accents file. The file is not present in the default set up, but you can try that out in my mod set up. Simply make the change in there and then play the set up to check if the changes happened.

Now copy the dat and idx files from the mod's data\sounds directory to the game's data\sounds directory to apply it to the main game.

Urobil som prvú vec, ale nič sa nezmenilo... Prepáčte, ale nechápal som presne, kde kopírovať?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rudes
    I did the first thing, but nothing changed ... I'm sorry, but I didn't understand exactly where to copy?
    Follow these steps:

1. In Bare Geomod (my set up) edit the descr_sounds_accents.txt file : move the faction to an accent of your choice, save.
    2. In Bare Geomod go to the data\sounds directory and delete all IDX and DAT files (if present)
    3. Run Bare Geomod and check if the voice changed, then exit
    4. Now copy the DAT and IDX files from Bare Geomod's data\sound directory to the medieval ii total war\data\sounds directory
    5. Run the default game and check if the voices have changed

I didn't use a bar geomod,but I modified the mod total vanilla according to myself, so I have to do so?

Blog Entries

I don't know if that mod has got all the descr_sounds and export_descr_sounds text files in the data directory, please check.

how to adjust the values for population growth to match the period 2otocky = 1year?

I know where, but I do not know which numbers to adjust and to what values

I am trying to add a new faction, specifically a Baron's Alliance style emergent faction, and the Battle_Models.modeldb file seems to be not cooperating. I have, per the tutorial, only added a mercenary general unit (Condotierri) in the EDB and EDU to test, but the game continues to crash on startup. Testing the MDB file gives me an entry of 651 causing the problem, but it is not clear how exactly I can count down to find the offending file. I also have not modified the MDB file at all; my attempts to clone Milan's general and militia units (the shadowed faction) were a failure.