Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Crashes and how to fix them

Default Re: Crashes and how to fix them

Changed all instances of order_of_st._john to osj. CTD's still occurring.

irishron's Avatar Cura Palatii

how about order_of_st_john or even order_of saint_john?

Even in old GW Basic that came with my DOS 3 disc in 1987 even had programming limits that would stop your best intentions in their tracks using punctuation marks it uses for coding purposes and they are all not made known to the user, us. This is long before Visual Basic and Visual C.

After playing through a campaign a little more, I found that the CTD on loading a battle seems to only affect certain settlements. In particular, Jerusalem, Antioch, and Gaza. Also, it does not just affect the created faction as I previously stated. Attacking those settlements with Egypt produced the same results.

I know this is very old post, but i tried to create region and i get error.
    This is what log file say:

11:49:27.430 [script.err] [error] Script Error in data/world/maps/base/descr_regions.txt, at line 1014, column 1
    Couldn't find region name 'Serbia_Province' in stringtable
    11:49:27.633 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

Quote Originally Posted by Serbian_Knight95 View Post
    I know this is very old post, but i tried to create region and i get error.
    This is what log file say:

11:49:27.430 [script.err] [error] Script Error in data/world/maps/base/descr_regions.txt, at line 1014, column 1
    Couldn't find region name 'Serbia_Province' in stringtable
    11:49:27.633 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.
    Yep, same error here. I hope the creator sees us and helps us.
    This is mine
    03:13:39.846 [system.io] [warning] open: data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/leader_pic_england.tga is missing
    03:13:39.862 [system.io] [warning] open: data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/leader_pic_england.tga is missing
    03:13:42.052 [system.io] [warning] open: data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/map.rwm is missing
    03:13:42.052 [system.io] [warning] open: data/world/maps/base/map.rwm is missing
    03:13:42.052 [system.io] [warning] open: data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_battle.txt is missing
    03:13:42.052 [system.io] [warning] open: data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/map.rwm is missing
    03:13:42.052 [system.io] [warning] open: data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/map.rbm is missing
    03:13:42.053 [system.io] [warning] open: data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/map.wfc is missing
    03:13:42.072 [script.err] [error] Script Error in data/world/maps/base/descr_regions.txt, at line 1014, column 1
    Couldn't find region name 'Carolinas' in stringtable
    03:13:43.970 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Responded in the other thread

Laetus

Hello!
    I have a problem with a very specific CTD. This CTD takes place after the capture of the citadel by the AI ​​army. Here are the features of the situation:
    1. CTD occurs precisely after the capture of this settlement. I replayed the save files of this campaign. I provoked the storming faction into an early assault (I sent my troops to the besieged settlement). The AI ​​started the assault 1-3 turns earlier, but the result was the same: CTD after the invaders entered the conquered settlement.
    2. The settlement has successfully participated in several dozen campaigns. There were no problems.
    3. The settlement has repeatedly passed from faction to faction in various companies. There were no problems.
    4. The faction that created my problem when capturing a settlement successfully captured this settlement in previous campaigns, there were no problems.
    5. With the help of console cheats, I removed the commander of the assaulting army. The army stormed the settlement without a commander, the result did not change: CTD after the invaders entered the conquered settlement.
    The log file notes the event "Applied transgression TC_INVADED_SETTLEMENT from transgressor faction 1CAC094C against faction 1CAC4404" and the firing of triggers: "<0101_sack_settlement_decrease_global>", "<VanquisherHeathenSackedTown2>", "<VanquisherVenetianSackedTown>", "<extermination_foriegn_1>". Then comes a series of lines: "[bink] [debug] [data/fmv/faction/minor_lose.bik] Pause on" and the message: "[system.rpt] [error]".
    Who can tell me in which forum thread I should post in order to get help on this CTD? My ideas are over, I don't know where else to look for the cause of the problem!

@Serge71 - From the log, it looks like the faction that owns the settlement is being destroyed when this settlement falls. This sounds like the infamous BecomesFactionLeader crash.

Laetus

Thanks!
    I would never have guessed about such a variant of the error! My English is extremely unsatisfactory, so I navigate topics very slowly. But I realized that I need to check in my mod. Many thanks! I was at a dead end!

Laetus

I'm belatedly informing you about the solution to my problem!
    In my SS 6.2 version the expanded.txt file did not have the line
    {EMT_VICTORY_KWAREZM}Khorezm has won!
    Khorezm captured the last stronghold to fulfill the victory conditions, won, and the game was eliminated.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

That was fixed in the later version.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345