;windowed = true

[hotseat]
    autoresolve_battles = 0
    disable_console = 0
    disable_papal_elections = 0
    save_prefs = 0
    update_ai_camera = 0
    validate_diplomacy = 1

There's my Long Road config file. Hope it helps.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Default Re: Crashes and how to fix them

Nothing unusual apart from the missing space after 'level'. Very curious. You have been giving us the log from the 'logs' folder, not the main folder, I suppose?

You could add this line to the [game] section: allusers = 1
    Last edited by Gigantus; July 18, 2016 at 11:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    Nothing unusual apart from the missing space after 'level'. Very curious. You have been giving us the log from the 'logs' folder, not the main folder, I suppose?

You could add this line to the [game] section: allusers = 1
    That is correct. All logs have been from the log folder.

I'm going to try adding in that missing space, see what happens.

What would allusers = 1 do?

Blog Entries

I think it's a left over from XP with regards to other\all user permissions - I add it just in case.

I think it's a left over from XP with regards to other\all user permissions - I add it just in case.

Sorry for the wait, I took a break to see if I could catch a breakthrough in this with a fresh mind, no such luck unfortunately.

I went and added [all users = 1] and repeated my earlier experiments with the space added after [level = ]

This log here is from log set to * trace only system.log with just trace.txt

This log here is from log set to *script* trace system.log with script and trace.txt

I really hope I'm not doing something wrong, but that is the only thing I can think of resulting in this. No idea what is not giving me the mile long trace log though.

So I'm playing Hyrule total war and I know that having to many factions will make the game crash in the menus. But does anyone know of a way to fix this?

Blog Entries

There is a work around (swapping unit pic and faction map), but the simplest way is to just not click on every faction...

There is a work around (swapping unit pic and faction map), but the simplest way is to just not click on every faction...
    The problem is that it crashes after 1 minute no matter what your doing. and I have no idea what i'm doing with mods. is there a simple way of doing this?

Just so you all know, I'm still here.

Am I screwed with my problem? Because the silence is telling me yes.

Blog Entries

I had a look at both logs - neither are trace logs. A simple campaign start and exit without doing anything else generates a trace log that has 35K lines and is about 4MB in size. (Please compress logs like that before uploading - it reduces their size by 85%)
    Did you cancel the error entry? In principle it should look like this in your mod's CFG file:

Code:
    [log] 
    to = logs/M2TW.system.log.txt        # path and name of log
    level = * trace                        # detailed log
    #level = * error                    # basic log
    In this example from Bare Geomod the trace log is active and the error log is cancelled (hash signs prevent processing).

Quote Originally Posted by The Seventh View Post
    The problem is that it crashes after 1 minute no matter what your doing. and I have no idea what i'm doing with mods. is there a simple way of doing this?
    Is it crashing while you are in the faction selection screen? Or when the game is loading?
    Last edited by Gigantus; August 16, 2016 at 08:31 AM.

I had a look at both logs - neither are trace logs. A simple campaign start and exit without doing anything else generates a trace log that has 35K lines and is about 4MB in size. (Please compress logs like that before uploading - it reduces their size by 85%)
    Did you cancel the error entry? In principle it should look like this in your mod's CFG file:

Code:
    [log] 
    to = logs/M2TW.system.log.txt        # path and name of log
    level = * trace                        # detailed log
    #level = * error                    # basic log
    In this example from Bare Geomod the trace log is active and the error log is cancelled (hash signs prevent processing).
    Thanks for that, I'll fiddle with it and see what happens.

Now I am a stumped. After fiddling with it in the vein of Gigantus' post and getting no results with my various configurations, I decided to just copy paste the set up in his post.

No trace log, no luck. Totally stumped.

No idea as to why this old vanilla medieval 2 mod is refusing to tell me why it is the bed.

I will eventually just auto resolve the battle, but the fact that I cannot figure out what is causing this mysterious crash thanks to the trace log refusing to trace is angering me.

Does anyone have any idea as to why I am unable to generate a trace log?

The only thing that I can think of that is interfering with my ability to generate the trace log would be the 4gb patch for the medieval.exe that I got from the new Call of Warhammer mod: Beginning of the end times @ moddb.

Could the 4gb patch be doing me in or no? It's just a memory patch not a modification of the .exe, so I don't understand how it would.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ShimonSays View Post
    Now I am a stumped. After fiddling with it in the vein of Gigantus' post and getting no results with my various configurations, I decided to just copy paste the set up in his post.

No trace log, no luck. Totally stumped.

No idea as to why this old vanilla medieval 2 mod is refusing to tell me why it is the bed.

I will eventually just auto resolve the battle, but the fact that I cannot figure out what is causing this mysterious crash thanks to the trace log refusing to trace is angering me.

Does anyone have any idea as to why I am unable to generate a trace log?
    I went through the whole conversation and it dawned on me that I didn't ask these two questions:
    1. Do other siege battles work?
    2. Have you unpacked the game?

Please upload your mod's CFG file - maybe there is some formatting error.

Quote Originally Posted by ShimonSays View Post
    The only thing that I can think of that is interfering with my ability to generate the trace log would be the 4gb patch for the medieval.exe that I got from the new Call of Warhammer mod: Beginning of the end times @ moddb.

Could the 4gb patch be doing me in or no? It's just a memory patch not a modification of the .exe, so I don't understand how it would.
    1. The 4GB 'patch' alters the executable (check timestamp and hash) and is therefore not permitted here, please refrain from mention it's use if you wish to avoid penalties.
    2. No - it doesn't have anything to do with this crash or the log problem.

Edit: I don't have a mod that uses the medieval2.exe, but I simply added the log entry to the medieval2.preference.cfg file and then ran the vanilla game - no problem there, but it requires to make the file read only as it gets generated every time you start a game and manual edits get removed\reset.
    Last edited by Gigantus; August 19, 2016 at 10:56 PM.

Every time i run my mod it CTD:
    22:11:56.694 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE2
    22:11:56.695 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Feb 25 2008 version development ===
    22:11:56.698 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_0.pack
    22:11:56.699 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_1.pack
    22:11:56.700 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_2.pack
    22:11:56.701 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_3.pack
    22:11:56.702 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack
    22:11:56.702 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack
    22:11:56.704 [system.io] [warning] open: data/text/shared.txt is missing
    22:11:56.705 [system.io] [warning] open: data/text/tooltips.txt is missing
    22:11:56.707 [system.io] [warning] open: data/text/battle.txt is missing
    22:11:56.710 [system.io] [warning] open: data/text/strat.txt is missing
    22:11:56.711 [system.io] [warning] open: AVHA/data/text/menu_english.txt.strings.bin is missing
    22:11:56.712 [system.io] [warning] open: AVHA/data/text/menu_english.txt is missing
    22:11:56.714 [system.io] [warning] open: AVHA/data/text/expanded.txt.strings.bin is missing
    22:11:56.714 [system.io] [warning] open: AVHA/data/text/expanded.txt is missing
    22:11:56.716 [system.io] [warning] open: AVHA/data/text/diplomacy.txt.strings.bin is missing
    22:11:56.716 [system.io] [warning] open: AVHA/data/text/diplomacy.txt is missing
    22:11:56.718 [system.io] [warning] open: AVHA/data/text/diplomacy_speech.txt.strings.bin is missing
    22:11:56.718 [system.io] [warning] open: AVHA/data/text/diplomacy_speech.txt is missing
    22:11:56.721 [system.io] [warning] open: AVHA/data/text/missions.txt.strings.bin is missing
    22:11:56.721 [system.io] [warning] open: AVHA/data/text/missions.txt is missing
    22:11:56.722 [system.io] [warning] open: AVHA/data/text/shortcut.txt.strings.bin is missing
    22:11:56.725 [system.io] [warning] open: AVHA/data/text/shortcut.txt is missing
    22:11:56.727 [system.io] [warning] open: AVHA/preferences/keys.dat is missing
    22:11:56.727 [system.io] [warning] open: AVHA/preferences/keys.dat is missing
    22:11:59.099 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for ANISELECT
    22:11:59.123 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_SABOTAGE
    22:11:59.153 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_TRADE
    22:11:59.273 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for DRAGGABLE
    22:11:59.274 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for DRAGGING
    22:11:59.306 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_MULTIPLE_SELECT
    22:11:59.306 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_ATTACK
    22:11:59.306 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_CHARACTER
    22:11:59.306 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_RESOURCE
    22:11:59.307 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_FORT
    22:11:59.307 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_MOVE_OBJECT
    22:11:59.307 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_WATCHTOWER
    22:11:59.307 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_DEPLOYMENT_AREA
    22:11:59.307 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_TILE
    22:11:59.307 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_SPECIAL_PIECE
    22:11:59.307 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PAINT
    22:11:59.308 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_ADJUST_HEIGHTS
    22:11:59.308 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_ADD_UNIT
    22:11:59.308 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_SETTLEMENT
    22:11:59.508 [system.io] [warning] open: AVHA/data/text/religions.txt.strings.bin is missing
    22:11:59.509 [system.io] [warning] open: AVHA/data/text/religions.txt is missing
    22:11:59.509 [system.io] [warning] open: AVHA/data/text/climates.txt.strings.bin is missing
    22:11:59.512 [system.io] [warning] open: AVHA/data/text/climates.txt is missing
    22:11:59.862 [system.io] [warning] open: AVHA/data/text/event_titles.txt.strings.bin is missing
    22:11:59.863 [system.io] [warning] open: AVHA/data/text/event_titles.txt is missing
    22:11:59.864 [system.io] [warning] open: AVHA/data/text/event_strings.txt.strings.bin is missing
    22:11:59.871 [system.io] [warning] open: AVHA/data/text/event_strings.txt is missing
    22:11:59.915 [system.io] [warning] open: AVHA/data/text/export_units.txt.strings.bin is missing
    22:11:59.923 [system.io] [warning] open: AVHA/data/text/export_units.txt is missing
    22:11:59.960 [system.io] [warning] open: AVHA/data/text/rebel_faction_descr.txt.strings.bin is missing
    22:11:59.962 [system.io] [warning] open: AVHA/data/text/rebel_faction_descr.txt is missing
    22:11:59.966 [system.io] [warning] open: AVHA/data/text/export_buildings.txt.strings.bin is missing
    22:12:00.058 [system.io] [warning] open: AVHA/data/text/export_buildings.txt is missing
    22:12:00.074 [system.io] [warning] open: AVHA/data/text/building_battle.txt.strings.bin is missing
    22:12:00.079 [system.io] [warning] open: AVHA/data/text/building_battle.txt is missing
    22:12:00.862 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/mesoamerican/portraits/portraits/young/civilians/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    22:12:00.864 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/mesoamerican/portraits/portraits/young/civilians/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    22:12:00.873 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/mesoamerican/portraits/portraits/young/rogues/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    22:12:00.875 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/mesoamerican/portraits/portraits/young/rogues/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    22:12:00.879 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/mesoamerican/portraits/portraits/young/princesses/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    22:12:00.881 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/mesoamerican/portraits/portraits/young/princesses/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    22:12:00.885 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/mesoamerican/portraits/portraits/young/merchants/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    22:12:00.887 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/mesoamerican/portraits/portraits/young/merchants/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    22:12:00.890 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/mesoamerican/portraits/portraits/young/priests/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    22:12:00.892 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/mesoamerican/portraits/portraits/young/priests/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    22:12:00.895 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/mesoamerican/portraits/portraits/young/heretics/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    22:12:00.897 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/mesoamerican/portraits/portraits/young/heretics/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    22:12:00.900 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/mesoamerican/portraits/portraits/young/witches/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    22:12:00.901 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/mesoamerican/portraits/portraits/young/witches/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    22:12:00.904 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/mesoamerican/portraits/portraits/young/inquisitors/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    22:12:00.906 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/mesoamerican/portraits/portraits/young/inquisitors/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    22:12:00.950 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/civilians/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    22:12:00.952 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/civilians/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    22:12:00.966 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/rogues/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    22:12:00.969 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/rogues/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    22:12:00.973 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/princesses/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    22:12:00.976 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/princesses/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    22:12:00.981 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/merchants/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    22:12:00.984 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/merchants/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    22:12:00.988 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/priests/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    22:12:00.991 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/priests/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    22:12:00.994 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/heretics/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    22:12:00.996 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/heretics/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    22:12:00.999 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/witches/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    22:12:01.001 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/witches/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    22:12:01.004 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/inquisitors/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    22:12:01.005 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/inquisitors/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    22:12:01.028 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/middle_eastern/portraits/portraits/young/princesses/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    22:12:01.030 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/middle_eastern/portraits/portraits/young/princesses/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    22:12:01.045 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/middle_eastern/portraits/portraits/young/heretics/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    22:12:01.047 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/middle_eastern/portraits/portraits/young/heretics/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    22:12:01.050 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/middle_eastern/portraits/portraits/young/witches/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    22:12:01.052 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/middle_eastern/portraits/portraits/young/witches/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    22:12:01.054 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/middle_eastern/portraits/portraits/young/inquisitors/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    22:12:01.057 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/middle_eastern/portraits/portraits/young/inquisitors/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    22:12:01.059 [system.io] [warning] open: AVHA/data/text/export_VnVs.txt.strings.bin is missing
    22:12:01.108 [system.io] [warning] open: AVHA/data/text/export_VnVs.txt is missing
    22:12:01.131 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 10671, column 23 :
    we should only have trait(Berserker) additional affects for triggers(Battle_Losing_Berserker)
    22:12:01.131 [game.script] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 10671, column 23 :
    we should only have trait(Berserker) additional affects for triggers(Battle_Losing_Berserker)
    22:12:01.132 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 10789, column 28 :
    we should only have trait(BattleChivalry) additional affects for triggers(battle3Chivalry_Dread_Not_fighting)
    22:12:01.132 [game.script] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 10789, column 28 :
    we should only have trait(BattleChivalry) additional affects for triggers(battle3Chivalry_Dread_Not_fighting)
    22:12:01.132 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 10790, column 25 :
    we should only have trait(BattleDread) additional affects for triggers(battle3Chivalry_Dread_Not_fighting)
    22:12:01.132 [game.script] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 10790, column 25 :
    we should only have trait(BattleDread) additional affects for triggers(battle3Chivalry_Dread_Not_fighting)
    22:12:01.132 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 10800, column 28 :
    we should only have trait(BattleChivalry) additional affects for triggers(battle3Chivalry_Dread_Routing)
    22:12:01.133 [game.script] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 10800, column 28 :
    we should only have trait(BattleChivalry) additional affects for triggers(battle3Chivalry_Dread_Routing)
    22:12:01.133 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 10801, column 25 :
    we should only have trait(BattleDread) additional affects for triggers(battle3Chivalry_Dread_Routing)
    22:12:01.133 [game.script] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 10801, column 25 :
    we should only have trait(BattleDread) additional affects for triggers(battle3Chivalry_Dread_Routing)
    22:12:01.134 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 10813, column 28 :
    we should only have trait(BattleChivalry) additional affects for triggers(battle3Chivalry_Dread_Routing2)
    22:12:01.134 [game.script] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 10813, column 28 :
    we should only have trait(BattleChivalry) additional affects for triggers(battle3Chivalry_Dread_Routing2)
    22:12:01.135 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 10814, column 25 :
    we should only have trait(BattleDread) additional affects for triggers(battle3Chivalry_Dread_Routing2)
    22:12:01.135 [game.script] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 10814, column 25 :
    we should only have trait(BattleDread) additional affects for triggers(battle3Chivalry_Dread_Routing2)
    22:12:01.135 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 10855, column 25 :
    we should only have trait(BattleDread) additional affects for triggers(battle3Dread_Let_Them_Go)
    22:12:01.135 [game.script] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 10855, column 25 :
    we should only have trait(BattleDread) additional affects for triggers(battle3Dread_Let_Them_Go)
    22:12:01.160 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 16753, column 27 :
    we should only have trait(GoodDenouncer) additional affects for triggers(hereticinit1_denouncerclear)
    22:12:01.161 [game.script] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 16753, column 27 :
    we should only have trait(GoodDenouncer) additional affects for triggers(hereticinit1_denouncerclear)
    22:12:01.161 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 16761, column 26 :
    we should only have trait(BadDenouncer) additional affects for triggers(hereticinit1_denouncerclear_bad)
    22:12:01.161 [game.script] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 16761, column 26 :
    we should only have trait(BadDenouncer) additional affects for triggers(hereticinit1_denouncerclear_bad)
    22:12:01.162 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 16769, column 25 :
    we should only have trait(StrongFaith) additional affects for triggers(hereticinit1_faithclear)
    22:12:01.162 [game.script] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 16769, column 25 :
    we should only have trait(StrongFaith) additional affects for triggers(hereticinit1_faithclear)
    22:12:01.162 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 16777, column 22 :
    we should only have trait(Purifier) additional affects for triggers(hereticinit1_purifierclear)
    22:12:01.162 [game.script] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 16777, column 22 :
    we should only have trait(Purifier) additional affects for triggers(hereticinit1_purifierclear)
    22:12:01.171 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 17702, column 29 :
    we should only have trait(CrusaderHistory) additional affects for triggers(crusades_6)
    22:12:01.171 [game.script] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 17702, column 29 :
    we should only have trait(CrusaderHistory) additional affects for triggers(crusades_6)
    22:12:01.171 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 17703, column 30 :
    we should only have trait(StrategyChivalry) additional affects for triggers(crusades_6)
    22:12:01.171 [game.script] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 17703, column 30 :
    we should only have trait(StrategyChivalry) additional affects for triggers(crusades_6)
    22:12:01.172 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 17712, column 29 :
    we should only have trait(CrusaderHistory) additional affects for triggers(crusades_7)
    22:12:01.172 [game.script] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 17712, column 29 :
    we should only have trait(CrusaderHistory) additional affects for triggers(crusades_7)
    22:12:01.172 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 17755, column 26 :
    we should only have trait(JihadHistory) additional affects for triggers(jihads_7)
    22:12:01.172 [game.script] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 17755, column 26 :
    we should only have trait(JihadHistory) additional affects for triggers(jihads_7)
    22:12:01.173 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 17756, column 30 :
    we should only have trait(StrategyChivalry) additional affects for triggers(jihads_7)
    22:12:01.173 [game.script] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 17756, column 30 :
    we should only have trait(StrategyChivalry) additional affects for triggers(jihads_7)
    22:12:01.173 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 17765, column 26 :
    we should only have trait(JihadHistory) additional affects for triggers(jihads_8)
    22:12:01.173 [game.script] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 17765, column 26 :
    we should only have trait(JihadHistory) additional affects for triggers(jihads_8)
    22:12:01.173 [system.io] [warning] open: AVHA/data/text/export_ancillaries.txt.strings.bin is missing
    22:12:01.183 [system.io] [warning] open: AVHA/data/text/export_ancillaries.txt is missing
    22:12:01.199 [data.missing] [warning] Failed to find ancillary image data/ui/ancillaries/scribe_ancillary.tga
    22:12:01.201 [data.missing] [warning] Failed to find ancillary image data/ui/ancillaries/security_religious.tga
    22:12:01.204 [data.missing] [warning] Failed to find ancillary image data/ui/ancillaries/security_religious.tga
    22:12:01.236 [system.io] [warning] open: AVHA/data/text/export_advice.txt.strings.bin is missing
    22:12:01.256 [system.io] [warning] open: AVHA/data/text/export_advice.txt is missing
    22:12:01.382 [system.io] [warning] open: AVHA/data/text/export_prologue.txt.strings.bin is missing
    22:12:01.390 [system.io] [warning] open: AVHA/data/text/export_prologue.txt is missing
    22:12:01.402 [system.io] [warning] open: AVHA/data/text/names.txt.strings.bin is missing
    22:12:01.792 [system.io] [warning] open: AVHA/data/text/names.txt is missing
    22:12:02.126 [system.rpt] [error]

Blog Entries

The log itself doesn't help much - you need to change it to trace. Change the entry in your mod's CFG file to this:
    Code:
    [log] 
    to = logs/M2TW.system.log.txt           # path and name of log
    level = * trace
    Then compress the log (7Zip is freeware) and upload it. I am however puzzled by the complete absence of an actual error message in the last line.

Please describe what have you have changed since the last time your mod worked.

Titus le Chmakus's Avatar Biarchus
    Skiing on the Spine of the World or hunting in Lurkwood

Hi

I'm having a CTD when the game loads, just few seconds after my mod starts loading. I don't know where to start searching as I was modding the descr_strat, the ancillaries, the traits, the names and the building files at the same time. I think it is just a single letter or space but it will take ages to find it. The * error log says nothing and I don't know where to search in the * trace log.

The EDB validator does not say anything nor does the ATVTW ...

Any idea ?

Edit : I've tried to unrar an older working version of the mod and rename it with another name, it still crashes !!!??? Does it mean it comes from the Med2 part of the game ? But how come ? I haven't edited anything of the vanillia files ...
    Last edited by Titus le Chmakus; September 15, 2016 at 07:42 AM.

Blog Entries

My bet: descr_strat, check your log for [error] lines. Start at the bottom and search upward (Notepad++ has that feature).

You haven't seen my edit, I posted it a minute after your answer ... And I tried your tip but got nothing in the log ...

Btw, when the descr_strat is bugged, you can load the game and it CTD after the faction selection screen doesn't it ? Here I can't even get to the intro, it crashes about 5 sec after the game has started loading (but I can still see the loading screen) and get the 'medieval has encountered an unspecified error and will now exit'

Blog Entries

Misunderstood you, a crash right at the beginning (with mod's splash screen showing) can have multiple reasons. the log isn't always helpful here.

Redo the unrar operation - but rename your present folder temporarily. When you run the bat file of the unrar folder you will otherwise start your present folder's mod, the cfg file points it to the original name folder.

edited mod folder = rename
    unrar folder = keep original name

That should get the unrar folder to work. Once that is so, reverse the naming and start moving files you worked on from the unrar folder to your edited folder one by one and test in between.
    Keeping back ups can be a pain - I usually do a simple copy of the complete mod folder once I have established that it works and I am finished for the day. The copying takes a while, but it's certainly shorter then hunting that elusive typo.
    Last edited by Gigantus; September 15, 2016 at 09:07 AM.

Yeah that is what I usually do but I wanted to finish modding part of the descr strat before raring it ! And I had to change few things in the anc & traits ! But I dunno which is the bugged file now !

Your thing works, I'll try and see which file is the bugged one !

Thanks again