Page 33 of 38 FirstFirst ... 823242526272829303132333435363738 LastLast

Thread: General Discussion & Comments

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Default Re: General Discussion & Comments

Quote Originally Posted by Joar View Post
    I'm afraid I have to say no to your question. I can't say if jh plans to release an update before the end of the year, but I highly doubt I will be able to finish the 2D stuff before then.
    Well, I really envy IB mod that you're there, Joar. We lack 2D moder badly in the SSHIP...
    Mod leader of the SSHIP: traits, ancillaries, scripts, buildings, geography, economy.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    If you want to play a historical mod in the medieval setting the best are:
    Stainless Steel Historical Improvement Project and Broken Crescent.
    Recently, Tsardoms and TGC look also very good. Read my opinions on the other mods here.
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................
    Reviews of the mods (all made in 2018): SSHIP, Wrath of the Norsemen, Broken Crescent.
    Follow home rules for playing a game without exploiting the M2TW engine deficiencies.
    Hints for Medieval 2 moders: forts, merchants, AT-NGB bug, trade fleets.
    Thrones of Britannia: review, opinion on the battles, ideas for modding. Shieldwall is promising!
    Dominant strategy in Rome2, Attila, ToB and Troy: “Sniping groups of armies”. Still there, alas!

Hello to the fabulous "old" modders of the IB family. How are you all doing in these first few weeks of 2021? Wanted to ask, is the work on RO or other projects continuing quietly behind the curtains or can we call it all wrapped up? As always, all the best!

julianus heraclius's Avatar The Philosopher King

Quote Originally Posted by _TotalWar_ View Post
    Hello to the fabulous "old" modders of the IB family. How are you all doing in these first few weeks of 2021? Wanted to ask, is the work on RO or other projects continuing quietly behind the curtains or can we call it all wrapped up? As always, all the best!
    Work on finalising RO continues, with a new BETA upgrade coming out soon and of course the official version. There is also the Constantine Mod to complete and the full revision of SAI as well.

Quote Originally Posted by julianus heraclius View Post
    Work on finalising RO continues, with a new BETA upgrade coming out soon and of course the official version. There is also the Constantine Mod to complete and the full revision of SAI as well.
    Well, that's really very good to know. As always I wish you all the best and God's speed as far as it is possible and life permits. And if you need help with something non-graphics related, just reach out by pm. Cheers!
    Last edited by _TotalWar_; January 24, 2021 at 12:16 PM.

Miles

Question about the 270 Start for Palmyra, are the non family Generals supposed to have negative loyalty?

Quote Originally Posted by RandomSarmartian View Post
    Question about the 270 Start for Palmyra, are the non family Generals supposed to have negative loyalty?
    Yes, just like other roman factions.

Miles

Rgr just wanted to make sure it want a install bug on my end thank you

Plaut's Avatar Civis

I am so glad these mods are alive otherwise i would have to deal with a filth that is Rome 2

Uploading this on mediafire is the bigest mistake you ever done, download speed is shi*y and no one knows about this where is the page on moddb, i'm not banging here anyone but i am who i am and i need to write stuff i don't like , this is probably similar to imperial crysis III mod, and common folk probably do not know about this mod too, nm

Default Re: General Discussion

and I'm VERY slowly testing (very randomly) MOS:The Reunited Kingdom submod for Third Age TW
    oh man, they are gonna include it in a new release? I still remember that Gondor campaign with all the scripts(well, not the Immortal heroes)on VH,VH. Hardest campaign ever.

Default Re: General Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Arminius92 View Post
    oh man, they are gonna include it in a new release? I still remember that Gondor campaign with all the scripts(well, not the Immortal heroes)on VH,VH. Hardest campaign ever.
    It's not a new release of MOS, but a standalone submod. The creator (MikeGolf) kept "MOS" in the title because it was indeed designed on the basis of MOS, despite having included more elements from his own creation and from other sources (Divide & Conquer). But right now, I don't know if he plans to release it to the public because of RL issues.

tungri_centurio's Avatar Senator

are there already plans or thoughts in the making for a conversion to the remastered rome that is announced.
    Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. -Marcus Aurelius

Quote Originally Posted by tungri_centurio View Post
    are there already plans or thoughts in the making for a conversion to the remastered rome that is announced.
    It will depend on how easy it is to convert. It seems the biggest issue may be the campaign map itself. But lets wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by julianus heraclius View Post
    It will depend on how easy it is to convert. It seems the biggest issue may be the campaign map itself. But lets wait and see.
    I fear that the hype around Rome TW Remastered would take away attention and divert efforts from the mods still developing, even in Medieval 2 mods, judging by the threads created here at twcenter. It's best to finish properly the mods we all look for, in many cases, since some years. Like the IB series.

I actually think otherwise - it may attract again moders as they'd see the challenge of porting on furthering the mods.

Quote Originally Posted by Jurand of Cracow View Post
    I actually think otherwise - it may attract again moders as they'd see the challenge of porting on furthering the mods.
    Well, that's an optimistic thought You see the glass as being half full, while I see it half empty, so to speak. You know much better than me that there aren't too many modders active today in RTW and M2TW. Porting the existing excellent mods to remastered editions is quite a task, because there are "quite a few" of them. At least, many that I would like to see ported over and profiting from the breaking of the code-limits which we know now will be a thing in RTW remastered. But like I said it's a tremendous task and I'd much prefer to see the mods finished and completed the way they were meant to be. RTW and Med2 are already excellent platforms, and widely considered as the two best games of the franchise by many people.

Well, that's an optimistic thought You see the glass as being half full, while I see it half empty, so to speak. You know much better than me that there aren't too many modders active today in RTW and M2TW. Porting the existing excellent mods to remastered editions is quite a task, because there are "quite a few" of them. At least, many that I would like to see ported over and profiting from the breaking of the code-limits which we know now will be a thing in RTW remastered. But like I said it's a tremendous task and I'd much prefer to see the mods finished and completed the way they were meant to be. RTW and Med2 are already excellent platforms, and widely considered as the two best games of the franchise by many people.
    I agree it's going to be difficult but I also see it as a way to salvage the great mods for Rome TW. Some time ago I tried to play it and got very disappointed. The UI, crashability, utterly stupid AI, irrelevant diplomacy etc. made unplayable for me even the beautiful Invasio Barbarorum mod. I'm sorry but the RTW engine is much inferior to the Med2 one in so many aspects (well, but diplomacy) that I really don't want to play it. What I've seen in the RTW:R playthroughs is really amazing: the quality of RTW brought with the new UI and even AI seems to behave sometimes (well, unless the general charges in the line of the pikes). And you may switch off the aspects you don't want to see. Really promising.

tungri_centurio's Avatar Senator

looking at the rome total war discord there are still a good bunch off modders active for the game. and reading trough the answers from feral in their discord i think they really want to provide a stable modern platform for the legendary mod scene rome and medieval has.
    Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. -Marcus Aurelius

@julianus heraclius - just saw your post concerning revision G. Thank you a lot for keeping these mods going! One question about the future official 1.0 version you mention, will it have/is it planned to have the missing 2d stuff?

@julianus heraclius - just saw your post concerning revision G. Thank you a lot for keeping these mods going! One question about the future official 1.0 version you mention, will it have/is it planned to have the missing 2d stuff?
    Yes it will. Joar has been working slowly but steadily on completing the required 2d textures and portraits.