Page 31 of 38 FirstFirst ... 6212223242526272829303132333435363738 LastLast

Thread: General Discussion & Comments

Default Re: RELEASED: RESTITVTOR ORBIS (BETA)

Congrats on the release! I must confess I'm a bit suprised though, when reading «Due to health reasons, Joar have not been able to finish the 2D art, and as a consequence, this beta does not contain any of the announced features»... I had the impression, from when the beta-testaing started, that the great majority of the 2D work was done, and just some polishing was needed.
    Anyway, Joar, hope you will get better and I hope it is nothing Covid-related, as I have quite a few friends in Stockholm (I lived there for some years in the 2000's) who got sick with the pandemic.
    Here's to the completion of Restitvtor and Constantini

Default Re: RELEASED: RESTITVTOR ORBIS (BETA)

Thanks a lot Julianus Heraclitus! Amazing work!

Default Re: General Discussion & Comments

Thanks and congratulations to everyone involved!

Hoping for Joar's speedy and full recovery
    Gesaga him éac wordum, þæt híe sint wilcuman Deniga léodum

vikior's Avatar Semisalis

After all these years, the masterpiece is here! Congratulations on the release!

I wonder what old Diocle's reaction will be once he sees that RO is out...

The mod is super cool and beautiful.

Do I get correctly that the final version will also include native speech sounds for units on battle and campaign maps?

julianus heraclius's Avatar The Philosopher King

Quote Originally Posted by Legionier View Post
    The mod is super cool and beautiful.
    Thanks for the kind words. Hope you are enjoying the mod. There is a lot to try.

[/QUOTE]Do I get correctly that the final version will also include native speech sounds for units on battle and campaign maps?[/QUOTE]Well, I wasn't intending on having ihatemondays sound mod but I will look into it and perhaps include it as an add-on. I will need to do a CA Vanilla and soundmod option for each campaign.

You are welcome. I am having fun with custom battles right now.

Quote Originally Posted by julianus heraclius View Post
    Well, I wasn't intending on having ihatemondays sound mod but I will look into it and perhaps include it as an add-on. I will need to do a CA Vanilla and soundmod option for each campaign.
    Regarding this. There is a ‘soundmod’ folder in RO\data\sounds with what seems to be the ihatemondays soundmod sounds. Was it stored up for the possible future development?

Regarding this. There is a ‘soundmod’ folder in RO\data\sounds with what seems to be the ihatemondays soundmod sounds. Was it stored up for the possible future development?
    It's there by accident. I used the SAI files as a basis for building RO and forgot to delete them.

Ernst von Jacob's Avatar Tiro

Quality work as always. Perhaps even better than SAI mod. But i have some suggestions:
    - shield patterns are not sharp enough for me perhaps graphics
    - legions should use proper names not generic ones. Its hard to reinforce them if i cant remember where i recriuited them.
    - same goes to auxilia and ala

Hey there. I'm assuming that the team is still working on recruitment areas and the.like.

I say this because I can't seem to recruit some troops like the Sassanian Royal Infantry for the Sassanids or the Praetorian guard dissapears after the reforms.

Also, there's this Iranian horsemen unit which I can recruit everywhere in the Roman Empire. But that's in the other campaigns with the exception of the 270s campaign.

I guess these are just things that will get better after the beta.

Quote Originally Posted by NapoleonMaster View Post
    Hey there. I'm assuming that the team is still working on recruitment areas and the.like.
    More like fine tuning.

I say this because I can't seem to recruit some troops like the Sassanian Royal Infantry for the Sassanids or the Praetorian guard dissapears after the reforms
    Have you reached 285AD already in your campaign?? The Sassanid Heavy infantry from memory are only available in media provinces. The Praetorian Guard should be available in Rome before and after the reforms. Can you show me a screen shot of the buildings that exist in Rome. When the reforms occur which are script activated their should be two new buildings created; a post-reforms building and corresponding barracks building.

Also, there's this Iranian horsemen unit which I can recruit everywhere in the Roman Empire. But that's in the other campaigns with the exception of the 270s campaign.
    This sounds like you didn't delete the map.rwm before installing a new campaign. In all the campaigns, there has never been the option to recruit sassanid horseman outside of the middle east.
    Last edited by julianus heraclius; August 14, 2020 at 12:02 AM.

Oh, now that you mention it. I didn't delete the map.rwm, maybe that's why I'm having problems with recruitment.

Also, I didn't played until 285 A.D. I just changed campaigns.

Oh, now that you mention it. I didn't delete the map.rwm, maybe that's why I'm having problems with recruitment.

Also, I didn't played until 285 A.D. I just changed campaigns.
    It's so important to delete the map.rwm. If you don't is screws up recruitment as well traits and ancillaries. You should keep deleting the map.rwm until you know your recruitments look right and do it every time you load a new campaign.

Ok, maybe it is intended to be like that but I was slightly amazed when somebody assassinated Maximianus. And that on the first turn of my invasion into the only province in Gaul held by Carausius (turn 1 of the game)!

This is by no means a critique, but I'd still like to know whether it is a stroke of bad luck, or are the AI's assassins really so effective (the difficulty was M/M).

Ok, maybe it is intended to be like that but I was slightly amazed when somebody assassinated Maximianus. And that on the first turn of my invasion into the only province in Gaul held by Carausius (turn 1 of the game)!

This is by no means a critique, but I'd still like to know whether it is a stroke of bad luck, or are the AI's assassins really so effective (the difficulty was M/M).
    Ah, surprise surprise. No Maximianus' death was not scripted, but there are assassins around. Remember this was a time of instability so there are a few assassins around. It is advisable to make sure your important and loved generals protected by adding an assassin to your general and/or by gaining ancillaries such as bodyguard, master assassin, veteran centurion, gladiator, aged retainer, chief eunuch, cook, food taster.

I will say this, the numbers in large, huge and even in between them (I modified it myself) are strange. The cavalry has very large numbers in huge and many infantry units that have the same stats or superior are unequal in numbers (Legionary cohortes are less numerous than the praetorians for example).

I thought elite units would have less numbers and that is the case with some units but that's not the case in others, I don't understand why units that are supposed to be "elite" are more numerous than regular troops.

Nice work to the mod team. It's great to finally be able to play it. Only a handful of turns into the Claudius campaign and am liking what I am seeing...except these blasted lazyges. They are a good deal harder it than in SAI from what I can tell. My time honoured tactic of taking to the high ground and unleashing a storm of missiles as they approach has done me no good and have been thoroughly destroyed on several occasions. At the very least the Goths and Heruli are currently touring the countryside of Greece and Macedonia without causing any mischief thankfully. Lets see if Claudius will earn the title 'Gothicus'
    'The Last Pagan Emperor'- An Invasio Barbarorum Somnium Apostatae Juliani AAR
    MAARC L 1st Place
    MAARC LXXI 1st Place

'Immortal Persia' A Civilization III AAR

Prepare to imbibe the medicine of rebuke!

I will say this, the numbers in large, huge and even in between them (I modified it myself) are strange. The cavalry has very large numbers in huge and many infantry units that have the same stats or superior are unequal in numbers (Legionary cohortes are less numerous than the praetorians for example).

I thought elite units would have less numbers and that is the case with some units but that's not the case in others, I don't understand why units that are supposed to be "elite" are more numerous than regular troops.
    Not quite sure what you are trying to say here. Could you please PM me with a more detailed outline and your ideas. Cheers

i have a question!

future update will be compatible with saved campaign?

cause im gonna play a long run campaign with Emperor Aurelian!

Quote Originally Posted by servent9 View Post
    i have a question!

future update will be compatible with saved campaign?

cause im gonna play a long run campaign with Emperor Aurelian!
    Not necessarily I'm afraid. One option to try is when there has been an update, to delete the map.rwm file before loading a campaign, then load your saved campaign. That may reduce or eliminate any strange effects.