Page 29 of 38 FirstFirst ... 41920212223242526272829303132333435363738 LastLast

Thread: General Discussion & Comments

Default Re: General Discussion

Julianus, congrats on the release of the beta. Hope testing will go well. I didn't apply because I just can't find the time to play or mod these days (oh how I wish the days would have 48 hours each...), and I'm VERY slowly testing (very randomly) MOS:The Reunited Kingdom submod for Third Age TW, and I couldn't even play Ruina Romae just for one minute, after having waited for it since 2007, because the lack of time. I just couldn't give you feedback in a satisfactory manner.
    But I was surprised to see you're planning 5 campaigns, and it was a very good surprise; hope you eventually finish RO as you dreamed to do, all those years ago. Like many other mods here at twcenter, it is a true work of love and I for my part always get a bit nostalgic when one of these "old mods" for RTW or Med2 finally approach completion.
    Some bits out of curiosity, does RO have the same ethnic traits as SAI (I know they aren't present in Ruina Romae); are the ancillaries and traits done (are there any specific ones for RO, administration, ethnicity, or religion-related, or others), and are there any new, specific, building trees?

I wish you all, dear "friends" from this virtual space since so many years, a very happy and successful new year. Cheers!

julianus heraclius's Avatar The Philosopher King

Thanks for the kind words and support _TotalWar_, I fully understand. As to your questions, yes there are ethnic traits in RO like in SAI and I have expanded them to include all factions and not just the romans and eastern factions as in SAI.

All traits and ancillaries have been completed. As for specific traits/ancillaries for RO, I have expanded the number of religions to include Gnosticism, as well as supply train traits/ancillaries. There are both old and new administration and military titles to reflect the Diocletian reforms which are activated via trait/ancillary triggers based on a set date. Military reforms are triggered via script to activate the recruitment of new units and the removal of old units.

Julianus, once again, you prove yourself to be one of the finest modders who ever graced twcenter with their presence: there are fortunately "a few" of them throughout all these years, and you are definetely among them. Can't wait for the final release of Restitutor Orbis and to find some time to play Are you guys (you, Joar, don't know if anyone else) still planning to do Imperium Constantini one day?
    Once again, happy new year to you and to all modders who eventually pass by here; all the best to us all in 2020! (in which you are already in, Julianus - I wish for those horrible fires to finally give in).

Thank you for your kind and flattering words. And yes, we will be doing Imperium Constantini. In many ways, it is an extension of RO.

Gäiten's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I missed the call for Beta testers ...

Invasio Barbarorum: Ruina Roma Development Leader - Art made by Joar -Visit my Deviantart: http://gaiiten.deviantart.com/

tomySVK's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Gäiten View Post
    I hope you will receive PM from julianus heraclius - you will be great tester as you are also very talented modder.

I missed that too I spent the last days translating, fixing and playing Crisis Imperii.

That's awesome to hear you finally reached beta status, we can't wait for the final release! And it's great to see so many people so wandering around in RTW forums. Imho, RTW is still the best of the entire series, even if M2TW might be the best compromise of playability and modding creativity and R2TW and ATW have decent diplomacy.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan 666 View Post
    I missed that too I spent the last days translating, fixing and playing Crisis Imperii.

That's awesome to hear you finally reached beta status, we can't wait for the final release! And it's great to see so many people so wandering around in RTW forums. Imho, RTW is still the best of the entire series, even if M2TW might be the best compromise of playability and modding creativity and R2TW and ATW have decent diplomacy.
    I have sent you a PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gäiten View Post
    I have sent you a PM.

isa0005's Avatar Campidoctor

Amazing, can't wait to see the finished product guys!

The most excellent Youtube channel «Kings and Generals» has just published its newest video, belonging to the series about the Roman military. Right in the topic of Restitvtor Orbis, today's video concerns the military reforms of Diocletian:

Today's video is also the follow-up of the video published in the series concerning the Roman army from last November, the Roman Army during the Crisis of the Third Century:

Enjoy
    Last edited by Leonardo; January 31, 2020 at 03:21 AM. Reason: YouTube tag added.

Waiting with baited breath here....shame I missed the call for testers. Serves me right for not dropping past the forums often enough, haha.

Of all the mods I've been hanging out for over the years, this is the one.
    'The Last Pagan Emperor'- An Invasio Barbarorum Somnium Apostatae Juliani AAR
    MAARC L 1st Place
    MAARC LXXI 1st Place

'Immortal Persia' A Civilization III AAR

Prepare to imbibe the medicine of rebuke!

Quote Originally Posted by Justinian Australis View Post
    Waiting with baited breath here....shame I missed the call for testers. Serves me right for not dropping past the forums often enough, haha.

Of all the mods I've been hanging out for over the years, this is the one.
    Patience grass-hopper, testing is going well and the last of the campaigns that I am working is is nearly done. I await Joar's work to complete the mod.

Quote Originally Posted by julianus heraclius View Post
    Patience grass-hopper, testing is going well and the last of the campaigns that I am working is is nearly done. I await Joar's work to complete the mod.
    (well, quality takes time)

Sertorio's Avatar Domesticus

Off topic, how are all of you, specially Diocle who lives in the center of the european storm by now?
    Texture works by Sertorio, banner courtesy of Joar

My AAR for VGRII-AQUILAE

I live in germany, near of lake Constance

Here in Portugal (hi, Sertorio! ), I think the storm is just gathering. Europe was very ill-prepared for this and the reasons for it are multiple, which I shall not discuss here. Let us all do our part responsibly and take the necessary cautions, because by doing so we are protecting others. The lack of conscience, of common sense, of respect towards what is living in society, is one of the main reasons the virus became so widespread in European countries. I mean, you still see, after all this time, people stopping in the street, gathering in groups, like if it was mere holidays. I know of pubs who close the doors in order to show that they are closed, but inside there are the usual drunkards of every day, all together before going home to their families. Lots of things like these. It's revolting. Stay safe and healthy, all, as much as possible. Cheers!

So people, how's everything? Health-wise, and testing-wise, of course How's the old perfectionist Joar? Is the 2D work complete yet ? And the rest of the stuff, how is it going? But more importantly and more seriously, take care and stay healthy!

tungri_centurio's Avatar Senator

is this mod available for download somewhere? im looking for a late empire mod
    Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. -Marcus Aurelius

Antonius's Avatar Decanus
    Europe - Britain, Austria, Italy, Belgium....

Quote Originally Posted by tungri_centurio View Post
    is this mod available for download somewhere? im looking for a late empire mod
    It is still being developed, but as far as I can tell progress is being made...
    In the meantime, I can really recommend SOMNIUM APOSTATAE IULIANI - one of the best mods I have played...
    It is always easier to fight for one’s principles than to live up to them.
    ~Alfred Adler