Page 28 of 38 FirstFirst ... 31819202122232425262728293031323334353637 ... LastLast

Thread: General Discussion & Comments

Diocle's Avatar Comes Limitis

Default Re: General Discussion

Think that few years ago my dream was a 192 campaign! I found (and I still find) extremely interesting for the understanding of Late Roman history the years between Commodus' death and the rise of Severus, but we can't ask such a work to the team it would be against their fundamental human rights!

Anybody here? This place seems so void .. and cold .. as Theoden once said:

“Where now are the horse and the rider? Where is the horn that was blowing?
    Where is the helm and the hauberk, and the bright hair flowing?

Where is the harp on the harpstring, and the red fire glowing?
    Where is the spring and the harvest and the tall corn growing?

They have passed like rain on the mountain, like a wind in the meadow;
    The days have gone down in the West behind the hills into shadow.
    Who shall gather the smoke of the deadwood burning,
    Or behold the flowing years from the Sea returning?”

Fresco's Avatar Semisalis

Any news? I can't wait! Please!
    CAMPIONI del MONDO!!!!!

julianus heraclius's Avatar The Philosopher King

Am currently finalising scripting, then completing the strat models. As there will now be four campaigns, 260, 268/270 and 285, I intend to have the 268/270 campaigns done for a BETA test, with the other two to follow. Again, please note that the 2D textures will not be complete until after the release of IBRR.

Do you need a BETA tester?

tomySVK's Avatar Campidoctor

Fantastic news

Also it seems the addition of 260 AD campaign suprised the Emperor:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Quote Originally Posted by julianus heraclius View Post
    Again, please note that the 2D textures will not be complete until after the release of IBRR.
    Joar, Joar... you again

Quote Originally Posted by _TotalWar_ View Post
    Joar, Joar... you again
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o17HJDwMqn4

Well, it was around the corner several times already during the last decade. All the best!

In the wait ..

Last edited by Diocle; September 14, 2019 at 02:57 PM.

Well, it was around the corner several times already during the last decade. All the best!
    I think that is a bit unfair. As far as I know, I've always been adamant in my policy not to make too bold statements about release dates and so on. I've said that things are progressing and that we're getting closer etc.

Gäiten's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Furthermore, you might get busy with playing another certain mod (very soon), so the waiting for this mod will e not as horrible long as you might think

Invasio Barbarorum: Ruina Roma Development Leader - Art made by Joar -Visit my Deviantart: http://gaiiten.deviantart.com/

Just lil old me popping in to see how progress is going?

this will be a wonderful gift for the holidays

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyPanda View Post
    this will be a wonderful gift for the holidays
    Indeed it would have been. Alas, with Joar and Gäiten (who I don't know if he's involved in Restitutor Orbis) going through some health issues (by the way, hope that you are getting better if you read this message, old chaps!) and the lack of general news by Julianus Heraclius (RL affairs probably) I don't think it will be the case. The amount of time for modding and/or playing is very, very limited, I know from experience. Time goes by really fast and there just isn't the desirable time for everything we'd like to do.
    I once offered help for descriptions, ancillaries, text-related stuff to the Invasio Barbarorum mods - if you need the little help I can give, that offer is still standing, because I wish one day to see the full project of IB realized with all four mods, it started long ago and as such, it's an epic history on its own. And I'm sure the bland Empire Divided dlc for Rome II doesn't even compare to Restitutor Orbis, just like Rome II can't compare with the old original Rome:TW.

julianus heraclius's Avatar The Philosopher King

Indeed it would have been. Alas, with Joar and Gäiten (who I don't know if he's involved in Restitutor Orbis) going through some health issues (by the way, hope that you are getting better if you read this message, old chaps!) and the lack of general news by Julianus Heraclius (RL affairs probably) I don't think it will be the case. The amount of time for modding and/or playing is very, very limited, I know from experience. Time goes by really fast and there just isn't the desirable time for everything we'd like to do.
    I once offered help for descriptions, ancillaries, text-related stuff to the Invasio Barbarorum mods - if you need the little help I can give, that offer is still standing, because I wish one day to see the full project of IB realized with all four mods, it started long ago and as such, it's an epic history on its own. And I'm sure the bland Empire Divided dlc for Rome II doesn't even compare to Restitutor Orbis, just like Rome II can't compare with the old original Rome:TW.
    Never fear, a BETA test version is close to a limited release. I expect to have this ready before XMAS. It will contain three campaigns, 268AD, 270AD and 285AD. A final release will be made once comments from the BETA test version have been incorporated and when Joar has finished the remainder of the 2D textures he is working on. Believe me it will be worth the wait.

Never fear, a BETA test version is close to a limited release. I expect to have this ready before XMAS. It will contain three campaigns, 268AD, 270AD and 285AD. A final release will be made once comments from the BETA test version have been incorporated and when Joar has finished the remainder of the 2D textures he is working on. Believe me it will be worth the wait.
    Great news! After so many years we are near to enjoy this piece of art

+ REP

Never fear, a BETA test version is close to a limited release. I expect to have this ready before XMAS. It will contain three campaigns, 268AD, 270AD and 285AD. A final release will be made once comments from the BETA test version have been incorporated and when Joar has finished the remainder of the 2D textures he is working on.
    Thank you Julianus for this piece of info. Happy to hear.

Believe me it will be worth the wait.
    Oh, I know it will.

Thank you Julianus for this piece of info. Happy to hear.

Oh, I know it will.
    Wow, that's nice to hear. I'm really looking forward to it, because I'm excited about the campaign for this period and I hope that you won't get overrun like in Flageium DeI.

I'm really looking forward to it. Do you have anything to do with the IB 2 for the medieval 2 engine? There we have almost 2 Christmas presents, there you have the big IB 2 campaign and here the Reich crisis <3

It's getting dangerously close to Christmas. Perhaps Julian will be lurking in the shadows ready to Ap my Prostate.