Page 32 of 38 FirstFirst ... 72223242526272829303132333435363738 LastLast

Thread: General Discussion & Comments

Default Re: General Discussion & Comments

Thanks!
    Last edited by julianus heraclius; August 23, 2020 at 07:48 PM.

julianus heraclius's Avatar The Philosopher King

Quote Originally Posted by servent9 View Post
    Thanks!
    Another option is to keep your Aurelian campaign as a separate mod so as not to have any future updates contaminate your campaign.

cause im gonna play a long run campaign with Emperor Aurelian!
    Make sure you keep us up to date on your adventures via some screenshots etc.

Quote Originally Posted by julianus heraclius View Post
    Make sure you keep us up to date on your adventures via some screenshots etc.
    yeah, of course! that's exactly what im going to do

i will show you a full power of Aurelian!

but it will be start in 1~2 days.[+ please let me know if you have any updates or fixes in 1~2 days or in week ]

my Troy total war Achilles campaign is nearly at end

ss1944's Avatar Laetus

Are you intended to merge all the units from Aesterion's Imperial Crisis Mod into your own? Since they seem to have ceased developing the mod it would be great waste of good models if they remain untouched by other modders...

Quote Originally Posted by ss1944 View Post
    Are you intended to merge all the units from Aesterion's Imperial Crisis Mod into your own? Since they seem to have ceased developing the mod it would be great waste of good models if they remain untouched by other modders...
    I'm afraid there was no room to add any of Asterion's models into RO.

im about to start a campaign.

can you guys recommend me a Campaign/Battle difficulty?

I feel like Aksum elephants could use another look. They have 72 defense (!) and 15 hitpoints. The bigger better equipped Sassanid elephants have 25 defense and 7 hitpoints.

Quote Originally Posted by Pleistorus View Post
    I feel like Aksum elephants could use another look. They have 72 defense (!) and 15 hitpoints. The bigger better equipped Sassanid elephants have 25 defense and 7 hitpoints.
    Well spotted. I have lowered the Aksum elephant defence points and included the changes in the latest addendum.

Knonfoda's Avatar I came, I read, I wrote

Incredily happy and proud to finally see this mod in beta and out in the open! Hope you all enjoy it - I'll be installing it soon and seeing for myself what it feels like to finally get my hands on it!

im about to start a campaign.

can you guys recommend me a Campaign/Battle difficulty?
    Hard Campaign, Medium Battle is the recommended difficulty.
    FREE THE NIPPLE!!!

I think there's just too many cataphract style horsemen with the Iazyges. It isn't necessarily the ratio of barded to non-barded horse, the Sarmatians being known for the weight of their cavalry, but the sheer number. Of course that's related to my main issue with the mod: The sheer level of stacks. I haven't played enough to see what relation that has with the population in the cities, though I'd assume the Romans at least can replenish their armies with the population their cities have.
    FREE THE NIPPLE!!!

Playing with the Kushan-Sassanids I find striking the lack of oriental mercenaries to be recruited in the Eastern regions like the Sogdians (that appear among the units of rebel armies) or maybe even xionite units, like the ones from SAI, around Kasghar. However at this moment you can even recruit German and Bosphoran units in Central Asia!!!

On other hand, are going to be included the new portraits for the factions from the previews?

Quote Originally Posted by Rampante-Cid View Post
    Playing with the Kushan-Sassanids I find striking the lack of oriental mercenaries to be recruited in the Eastern regions like the Sogdians (that appear among the units of rebel armies) or maybe even xionite units, like the ones from SAI, around Kasghar. However at this moment you can even recruit German and Bosphoran units in Central Asia!!!
    Overall there are less mercenaries in RO than SAI. I decided to reduce the number and give more variety for regional units. There are only 500 places available for units and it fills rather quickly. Also the theatre of war is very much focused around the roman empire of course so some sacrifices had to be made. Having said that I will try and add a couple more merc units for the eastern regions. And I have made changes so bosphoran and gothic troops can't be recruited in Central Asia. You will find that the xionite infantry units appear in the 293AD campaign but not as mercenaries.

On other hand, are going to be included the new portraits for the factions from the previews?
    These will be released as part of the V1.0 release when Joar has finished his work.

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by Slaytaninc View Post
    main issue with the mod: The sheer level of stacks. I haven't played enough to see what relation that has with the population in the cities, though I'd assume the Romans at least can replenish their armies with the population their cities have.
    This is actually the reason I haven't played either the RR or the RO.
    I've played IB:SAI where the problem is the same: enormous and indefinite number of stacks. Axum is having like 200 units at the beginning, iirc? So Rome or Sassanids should have a dozen of thousands (units), perhaps. With no Medieval 2 recruitment pool mechanics this is not promissing for a good gameplay (but may be ok for a historical overview).
    JoC

I should probably bite the bullet and play a few turns as both a Roman and a barbarian faction to see how this all shakes out.
    FREE THE NIPPLE!!!

Short question, would the type 2 walls here be made accessible, similar to the wall in Diadochi TW?

Because this type of building was once described as a brick wall, so here is the assumption that you could already fight on the walls?

there's a easy way to convert a religion to Mithraism?

at first, i destroy all of christian and judaic temples in the empire.

but everywhere is pagon.[except for Hierosolyma(judaic)]

should i destory all other pagon buildings too? and how long does it take to convert Mithraism?

cause i want Roman empire with full of Mithraism.

+i even put a general who is a Mithra worshipper into the city
    Last edited by L. D. Aurelianus Augustus; November 05, 2020 at 01:46 AM.

Just a small question now that the holiday season will soon be upon us, is there any chance of seeing a "complete" version of the mod at the end of the year - I mean with the content still missing (2Ds, and so forth)? Cheers, and hope you are all doing well!

Quote Originally Posted by _TotalWar_ View Post
    Just a small question now that the holiday season will soon be upon us, is there any chance of seeing a "complete" version of the mod at the end of the year - I mean with the content still missing (2Ds, and so forth)? Cheers, and hope you are all doing well!
    I'm afraid I have to say no to your question. I can't say if jh plans to release an update before the end of the year, but I highly doubt I will be able to finish the 2D stuff before then.