Page 18 of 38 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: General Discussion & Comments

julianus heraclius's Avatar The Philosopher King

Default Re: General Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Stath's View Post
    BEAUTIFUL!!
    Thanks guys.

That lorica segmentata is something else. Will some of those rectangular scutum legionaries be wearing helmets as well?

IB:Restitutor Orbis Signature courtesy of Joar.

Quote Originally Posted by First Citizen Gallienus View Post
    That lorica segmentata is something else. Will some of those rectangular scutum legionaries be wearing helmets as well?
    Yes, there will be a western version with helmet.

Emperor Caesar's Avatar Ordinarius

AWESOME! The Roman army is really shaping up. Great job Julianus and Joar! There will probably be times when I decide to play this mod over RTW2 in fact I think I would prefer to play this.

SeniorBatavianHorse's Avatar Tribunus Vacans

Get well soon, Joar - I hope things are not too bad.

Lovely Easter surprise there - -thanks for showing us!

tomySVK's Avatar Campidoctor

Excellent Easter update

I hope Joarīs health gets better soon!

Diocle's Avatar Comes Limitis

No words! Beautiful! today I cannot give rep, because nothing works, but before commiting suicide I'll give +rep both Julian&Joar, in the holy Name of Mithras Invictus!

Parzival2211's Avatar Ducenarius

I love the IB series. Any chance this scenario will be released before Rome 2, or either way, is there any specific timeframe for a release?

Parzival2211's Avatar Ducenarius

I love the IB series. Any chance this scenario will be released before Rome 2, or either way, is there any specific timeframe for a release?

Doesn't look like it, and no there isn't a decided upon release date.

IB:Restitutor Orbis Signature courtesy of Joar.

Quote Originally Posted by Parzival2211 View Post
    I can't speak for julianus heraclius, but I would be very, very surprised if we finished within 2 months, so a release before Rome 2 is highly unlikely. And, no, there's no specific timeframe for a release. The honest and boring answer is: when we're finished.

Joar only knowing that while SEGA is launching Rome 2 you Jar&julianus, you are working on RO...Joar can I say that I love you both? In the middle of this night of darkness and disperation, two small souls so distant and so isolated, two heroic men are working to give us a true game! Joar, julianus you are heroes!...+rep! (when I can!)

Quote Originally Posted by Diocle View Post
    Joar only knowing that while SEGA is launching Rome 2 you Jar&julianus, you are working on RO...Joar can I say that I love you both? In the middle of this night of darkness and disperation, two small souls so distant and so isolated, two heroic men are working to give us a true game! Joar, julianus you are heroes!...+rep! (when I can!)
    Thank you my friend, but we have increased our numbers slightly with Knon (in fact Knon is working like a trojan for us, he has the strength of 10 men!!) and ray243 assisting us so we have become a small band of men, plus pseudo romanus and "others" are working on some top secret stuff that will be available for all IB mods when completed, but keep that to yourself.

Sertorio's Avatar Domesticus

A Band of Brothers indeed. Is more assistance required ?
    Texture works by Sertorio, banner courtesy of Joar

My AAR for VGRII-AQUILAE

Interesting....
    炸鸡

SeniorBatavianHorse's Avatar Tribunus Vacans

Good luck with the productivity. I for one am waiting eagerly for this!

Agent007's Avatar Civis

Yeah, keep it up guys. Can't wait to see what's that secret stuff. Lycka till!

Quote Originally Posted by julianus heraclius View Post
    Thank you my friend, but we have increased our numbers slightly with Knon (in fact Knon is working like a trojan for us, he has the strength of 10 men!!) and ray243 assisting us so we have become a small band of men, plus pseudo romanus and "others" are working on some top secret stuff that will be available for all IB mods when completed, but keep that to yourself.
    Yes, yes, of course! Knon he's like Herakles and Ray! These are good news....yes....yes.....By the way: can I advance a question to the Mod Team? This one:

Will be the campaign of the Mod RO heavily scripted? Or will it be a Campaign allowing the player more freedom of choice, like a real 'what if' scenary?

I don't know exactly which of these options I prefer, actually I've played campaigns heavily scripted that worked very well, as SAJ (in which I choose always the full script option), but I've also played campaigns more 'free' in which, starting from a correct historical background the player was allowed to do what he wanted about the strategical choices and options.

The point is IMHO that for the Third century our sources are few and weak, so probably a campaign heavily scripted cannot be anyway more historically accurate than a campaign with less scripts, and the amount of characters and usurpers is IMHO not easy to be represented by a full scripted campaign whithaut messing up the historical facts and the characters, so, but I might be wrong of course, the right choice should be a scripted campaign with an amount of scripts not so great as in SAJ. As to say a more light scripted campaign in comparision to SAJ.

What's the opinion of the team?

Mary The Quene's Avatar Praeses

Keep up the good jobs!
    Veritas Temporis Filia

Sertorio's Avatar Domesticus

And how will the legions be represented ? Will we have the named imperial legions now entering on their late age at the verge of being divided between Limitanei and Comitatenses, and providing Vexilatios in the meantime? Will they be represented as the uniform infantry cohorts of the Principate or based in the somewhat confusing strutcture of the ancient legion of Vegetius? I am very interested in this.
    Texture works by Sertorio, banner courtesy of Joar

My AAR for VGRII-AQUILAE