Page 27 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2171819202122232425262728293031323334353637 ... LastLast

Thread: General Discussion & Comments

Default Re: General Discussion

Seeing this for a moment I thought that another IB gem is out, then I cried...

Aexodus's Avatar Persuasion>Coercion
    Blog Entries

Damn that’s one hell of a tease. The real RO will come out eventually and it’ll be great.
    Patronised by Pontifex Maximus
    Quote Originally Posted by Himster View Post
    The trick is to never be honest. That's what this social phenomenon is engineering: publicly conform, or else.

julianus heraclius's Avatar The Philosopher King

Quote Originally Posted by Leon Katakalon View Post
    Seeing this for a moment I thought that another IB gem is out, then I cried...

I feel your pain. A bit cheeky though by Emperor Caesar considering we had the title first, but of course we have no copyright do we

I remember a few years ago when someone used INVASIO BARBARORVM, and that was, of course, not ok, and he had to change it. I believe the TWC uses some form of "gentlemen's agreement" when it comes to this. In this case it is, as jh points out, a bit cheeky, but I will not make a fuzz about it.

Yep, not very loyal in my view. I just hope that this naming "coincidence" doesn't play any role in delaying the real Restitvtor Orbis even further than the normal time its release would/will take, due to an eventual closeness of the date...

Quote Originally Posted by _TotalWar_ View Post
    I just hope that this naming "coincidence" doesn't play any role in delaying the real Restitvtor Orbis even further than the normal time its release would/will take, due to an eventual closeness of the date...
    I can assure you it will not!

Wow, I didn't even know he was going to post the news of his mod on twcenter. I thought he was keeping it under the radar so to speak. I had known about it for awhile as we're friends on Steam.

IB:Restitutor Orbis Signature courtesy of Joar.

Well, just to clarify: like jh stated, we do not own any copyright to the phrase "Restitutor Orbis", and I don't see us making any kind of fuss about it.

tomySVK's Avatar Campidoctor

First, thank you for news great julianus heraclius and Joar. I´m still sad that we will not see 260 AD campaign, but still I can´t wait for IB:RO.

As for the front page news - I nearly run from work But next second I found out it´s not IB version

Emperor Caesar's Avatar Ordinarius

Oh hey guys um I honestly meant no offense. I know my mod won't compare to the hard work of JH and Joar but I assure you my intention was not to be cheeky. I suppose I did not think there would be confusion due to the different games. I only desired to pick a fitting Latin title haha. I was certainly not acting disloyally either. I'm waiting patiently for IB: RO just like you guys. JH and company's IB mods were what inspired to attempt modding in the first place. I'll happily change the name if so desired.
    Last edited by Emperor Caesar; August 13, 2019 at 07:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Caesar View Post
    Oh hey guys um I honestly meant no offense. I know my mod won't compare to the hard work of JH and Joar but I assure you my intention was not to be cheeky. I suppose I did not think there would be confusion due to the different games. I only desired to pick a fitting Latin title haha. I was certainly not acting disloyally either. I'm waiting patiently for IB: RO just like you guys. JH and company's IB mods were what inspired to attempt modding in the first place. I'll happily change the name if so desired.
    All good Emperor Caesar. I have no problem with it and glad you have been inspired by IB. IBRO will be out sometime this year and it will be great. Perhaps just put in the credits that the name was inspired by the for IB mod group .

Quote Originally Posted by Joar View Post
    I can assure you it will not!
    Damnation!

Emperor Caesar's Avatar Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by julianus heraclius View Post
    All good Emperor Caesar. I have no problem with it and glad you have been inspired by IB. IBRO will be out sometime this year and it will be great. Perhaps just put in the credits that the name was inspired by the for IB mod group .
    Sounds good I’ll add it on there later.

Diocle's Avatar Comes Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Caesar View Post
    Sounds good I’ll add it on there later.
    Remember Emp, also add to the credits, the Romans, because they created the title of RESTITUTOR ORBIS and the concept itself that it's actually possible not only saving your world and its civilization, but also restoring it back to its own original values and principles!

I don't know if they were right and if what they were hoping it's actually possible but .. I like the concept!

So is this for real? No 260 AD campaign in IB:RO? Will we see Gallienus?

IB:Restitutor Orbis Signature courtesy of Joar.

Quote Originally Posted by First Citizen Gallienus View Post
    So is this for real? No 260 AD campaign in IB:RO? Will we see Gallienus?
    Well.....I.....suppose I could....make..one...

Quote Originally Posted by julianus heraclius View Post
    Well.....I.....suppose I could....make..one...
    I hope so Probably as the part of some patch/full release - the waiting for RO is so long

Sigma's Avatar Ducenarius

If fear if another scenario is added we'll have to call this: "The Crisis of the 21st Century: Development length of the Crisis of The 3rd Century"

Diocle's Avatar Comes Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    If fear if another scenario is added we'll have to call this: "The Crisis of the 21st Century: Development length of the Crisis of The 3rd Century"
    "The Crisis of the 21st Century: Development length of the Crisis of The 3rd Century" I like this! I like it very much!

Sadly today I don't see any Diocles around the corner ..

Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    Good title for youtube documentary on RO development

I think the best solution is to release the RO with 3 campaigns (268 AD, 270 AD, 286 AD) and 260 AD campaign will be later complement to RO. Something like DLC