Page 26 of 38 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: General Discussion & Comments

Default Re: General Discussion

Sorry to ask this, because I'm quite sure this has been said in the past, but it was many years ago: will Diocletian's reforms be mirrored in Restitvtor Orbis in any way (scripts, custom campaign... things like those, or a simple event message). Cheers!

julianus heraclius's Avatar The Philosopher King

Quote Originally Posted by _TotalWar_ View Post
    Sorry to ask this, because I'm quite sure this has been said in the past, but it was many years ago: will Diocletian's reforms be mirrored in Restitvtor Orbis in any way (scripts, custom campaign... things like those, or a simple event message). Cheers!
    Yes, they will be activated via scripting.

Quote Originally Posted by julianus heraclius View Post
    Yes, they will be activated via scripting.
    Good, good! Out of sheer curiosity - only if you can answer of course - what are you planning to unlock with the reforms? Units, buildings, ancillaries (administrative reorganization)...? Keep up the good job!

Quote Originally Posted by _TotalWar_ View Post
    Good, good! Out of sheer curiosity - only if you can answer of course - what are you planning to unlock with the reforms? Units, buildings, ancillaries (administrative reorganization)...? Keep up the good job!
    Units will be unlocked by scripting and administrative/military titles via trait/ancillary triggers.

Foederatus

Hello im curious if adoption of royal family members will be in this mod. One thing i like about SAI is when i was playing as Sassanids anyone could adopt member of house of Sassan. It helped me to prevent house of Sassan from dying out.

Yes it will be.

Foederatus

Im curious if kushano-sasanians will be implemented in second campaign as rebels or if that region will be part of sassanid empire. In the begging of second campaign rebelion there was still going on at least according to stuff i read.

Any progress??

Am getting closer to a test release. Finalising traits/ancillaries, plus some tweaking of roman units.

Fresco's Avatar Semisalis

Any estimated data release? I can't wait for your great work!!!
    CAMPIONI del MONDO!!!!!

This will be better than all that CA has put out since MTW2!

Quote Originally Posted by Fresco View Post
    Any estimated data release? I can't wait for your great work!!!
    There's no release date as of yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Hohenstaufen234 View Post
    This will be better than all that CA has put out since MTW2!
    Thanks for your support and kind words!

Diocle's Avatar Comes Limitis

Suggestion by an old fan: to be more inspirational you might have said something like ..

"The Realise Date is like the Secret Name of Rome, nobody can pronounce it!
    Otherwise immense misfortunes, terrible portents and calamitous events would overwhelm us all!"

It seems arcane and mysterious enough to intimidate even the bravest of fans.

Aexodus's Avatar Persuasion>Coercion
    Blog Entries

Can’t wait to play this like everyone else, but, why is there no ‘tavern’ any more? Couldn’t a new thread have just been started?
    Patronised by Pontifex Maximus
    Quote Originally Posted by Himster View Post
    The trick is to never be honest. That's what this social phenomenon is engineering: publicly conform, or else.

Quote Originally Posted by Aexodus View Post
    Can’t wait to play this like everyone else, but, why is there no ‘tavern’ any more? Couldn’t a new thread have just been started?
    The Tavern was closed due to too many infractions. We hope to possibly re-open it some time in the future (with a stricter supervision), but for the time being, it will unfortunately remain closed.

isa0005's Avatar Campidoctor

How's things peeps?

Diocle's Avatar Comes Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by Aexodus
    Can’t wait to play this like everyone else ..
    Feeling part of that "everyone" I confirm: They are years I can't wait, but .. I'm still waiting!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aexodus View Post
    .. why is there no ‘tavern’ any more? Couldn’t a new thread have just been started?
    Being informed and heavily involved in what happened, I feel compelled to give a direct answer to your interesting questions, I put it under spoiler just to limit the risk of Off-Topicking the thread :
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    1) For answering to your first question, other than saying we are all poor creatures, having the common disgrace of living in this Valley of Sorrow, experiencing how limited it is and how much it differs from what we, miserable, little, meaningless beings, are used to desire in our bold, arrogant dreams, the best thing I can do is giving here a definition of the adjective "miserable" as we can find it on the Online Oxford Dictionary:

(of a person): wretchedly unhappy or uncomfortable.

‘their happiness made Anne feel even more miserable’

More example sentencesSynonyms

1.1 - Causing unhappiness or discomfort.
    ‘horribly wet and miserable conditions’

1.2 - (of a person): habitually morose.
    ‘a miserable man in his late sixties’

1.3 - attributive: Contemptible (used as a term of abuse or for emphasis)
    ‘you miserable old creep!’
    2Pitiably small or inadequate.

‘all they pay me is a miserable £8,000 a year’

2.1 - Australian, New Zealand, Scottish: Miserly.
    ‘a lousy dollar a day—could any government be more miserable?’

Origin:
    Late Middle English from French misérable, from Latin miserabilis ‘pitiable’, from miserari ‘to pity’, from miser ‘wretched’.

2) No, it couldn't.
    But, also in this case, since it's a sad, common feature for us all, human beings, experiencing the limits of our liberty of doing what we would like to do and what we could do, once again, I've decided to offer here the interesting definition of the adjective "illiberal" from Oxford Dictionary:

Opposed to liberal principles; restricting freedom of thought or behaviour.

‘illiberal and anti-democratic policies’

2 - archaic: Uncultured or unrefined.

‘We are not so much worried about being convicted of being illiberal as having the charge even raised in the first place.’
    ‘They tend to be illiberal, boorish, uncultured, arrogant snobs.’

Synonyms

3 - archaic: Not generous; mean.

‘He is avaricious and ambitious, I fear ungenerous and illiberal; is destitute of heroic daring.’

Origin:
    Mid 16th century (in the sense ‘vulgar, ill-bred’): from French illibéral, from Latin illiberalis ‘mean, sordid’, from in- ‘not’ + liberalis (see liberal).

I offer you two definitions coming from your language, use them as you like. To you the final interpretation of what I've tried to say in my deprecable English.

As final note: even if wulfgar is no more attending this place (wherever you are: VALE old chap!), I just like to add that I changed my mind about Cathars ("The pure ones") and their complex spiritual world, so, now I'm in favour of an extended use of the hermeneutic circle for interpreting texts and written sources, since in it, we can hope to find the actual, real keys to disclose the final truth about human condition.

Fresco's Avatar Semisalis

Any news?? Please!!!
    CAMPIONI del MONDO!!!!!

I have completed all models and textures. All traits/ancillaries are completed. Recruitment files have been completed. The 268AD campaign has been completed.

Still to do.

270AD and 286AD campaign files.
    Strat models
    2D textures including buildings, ancillaries etc.

As Joar is working on the completion of RR with Gaiten, an official release of RO is still a way off. But I am hoping to release a kind of BETA RO for testing very soon.

Quote Originally Posted by julianus heraclius View Post
    I have completed all models and textures. All traits/ancillaries are completed. Recruitment files have been completed. The 268AD campaign has been completed.

Still to do.

270AD and 286AD campaign files.
    Strat models
    2D textures including buildings, ancillaries etc.

As Joar is working on the completion of RR with Gaiten, an official release of RO is still a way off. But I am hoping to release a kind of BETA RO for testing very soon.
    The 3 different campaigns is the best part of it, at least for me You mention strat models, are there differences/new strat map models comparing to SAI?
    And about the 2D... well, with Joar at the helm, I know that it will be a 1st rate job... but now I've confirmed that I won't hold my breath waiting for RO (I have the experience of an old-time IB player and RR-waiter)
    Well, it's done when it's done.