Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: ATVTW - Trait/Ancillary Validator

Default Re: ATVTW - Trait/Ancillary Validator

Thanks, Squid! This is much appreciated
    There are none so enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free

Squid, I'm receiving the following error message when checking triggers for ancillary:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

The thing is that I've checked the imperial_campaign_regions_and_settlement_names.txt and Constantinople is actually there as the in-game name for the settlement. What could be the error here? Help will be much appreciated.

Squid's Avatar Opifex
    Patrician Artifex Technical Staff

Blog Entries

Could you send me the files or a link to the files used with your Rome Medieval 3.1 settings so I can try and track down the bug.
    Under the patronage of Roman_Man#3, Patron of Ishan
    Click for my tools and tutorials
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -----Albert Einstein

Sure. Could you make a list of the files you need?

Squid's Avatar Opifex

Blog Entries

The full list is in the OP.
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -----Albert Einstein

Hey Squid!

This is an answer to this thread, I thought it would be more appropriate to talk about your program over here

I downloaded your tool again (took me some time to realise that you actually were the author...) to copy the error log, here you go:

Code:
    Beschreibung:
      Stopped working

Problemsignatur:
      Problemereignisname:    CLR20r3
      Problemsignatur 01:    atvtw.exe
      Problemsignatur 02:    2.2.7.152
      Problemsignatur 03:    4f67a553
      Problemsignatur 04:    ATVTW
      Problemsignatur 05:    2.2.7.152
      Problemsignatur 06:    4f67a553
      Problemsignatur 07:    4
      Problemsignatur 08:    3f
      Problemsignatur 09:    System.TypeInitialization
      Betriebsystemversion:    6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
      Gebietsschema-ID:    1031

Squid's Avatar Opifex

Blog Entries

There should also have been a details button on that message box, its the contents of that I'm most interested in.

Squid, here are the files. I have PM'ed you the password for the files. Remember that I have problems with Constantinople... the problems are in game (i.e. they are well reported by your tool). Thank you so much

The text posted above is the one that's shown when I press the details button. There are also two links, but they lead to microsoft stuff.
    Lesen Sie unsere Datenschutzbestimmungen online:
    http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?link...8&clcid=0x0407

Wenn die Onlinedatenschutzbestimmungen nicht verfügbar sind, lesen Sie unsere Datenschutzbestimmungen offline:
    C:\Windows\system32\de-DE\erofflps.txt

I'll deactivate my security software and try again, maybe I'm right with blaming them.

Don't worry about my issue, Squid... I have solved it. The problem was that in the names file, the settlement's name had a space after the name (Constantinople ), and I had scripted it without the space (Constantinople). It was really silly. Thanks!

Muizer's Avatar member 3519
    Patrician Artifex

About settlement names: I do still get some errors too, when an entry looks like this:

{Elis} Elis
    {Elis} ELIS

The first being the region and the second the settlement. ELIS is not recognised as a valid settlement name.

It's a minor issue as far as I'm concerned. Our EDCT contains over 500 SettlementName conditions and only a few concern instances such as this. In all it's a vast improvement on the performance of the trait checker.
    Last edited by Muizer; March 26, 2012 at 05:28 AM.
    "Lay these words to heart, Lucilius, that you may scorn the pleasure which comes from the applause of the majority. Many men praise you; but have you any reason for being pleased with yourself, if you are a person whom the many can understand?" - Lucius Annaeus Seneca -

Squid's Avatar Opifex

Blog Entries

Does the game recognize it as one, and more importantly do both show up in the game in the appropriate locations? From my experience with the enums, and this is mostly with traits/ancillaries admittedly, the game only recognizes a single entry {A} even if there are multiple {A} in the enum file. I believe the one that is recognized is the last one, but I'd have to check and verify that as I'm not 100% sure and settlement/regions might be handled differently, which would be a pain in the arse if true.

Squid's Avatar Opifex

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by requested View Post
    The text posted above is the one that's shown when I press the details button. There are also two links, but they lead to microsoft stuff.
    Lesen Sie unsere Datenschutzbestimmungen online:
    http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?link...8&clcid=0x0407

Wenn die Onlinedatenschutzbestimmungen nicht verfügbar sind, lesen Sie unsere Datenschutzbestimmungen offline:
    C:\Windows\system32\de-DE\erofflps.txt

I'll deactivate my security software and try again, maybe I'm right with blaming them.
    Well I don't really understand what the German(?) bits are saying but it looks like you only have .Net 2 installed on your computer and ATVTW requires .Net 3.5 (notice the first line Problemereignisname: CLR20r3) to me this indicates its trying to run ATVTW with the .Net 2 runtime.

I was wondering, Squid, any change you can upgrade this life-saving tool to include one tiny little thing...

As you know, 'SettlementName X' works using on-screen names which can include special Unicode characters. Now EDCT is ANSI and doesn't accept all those characters, but there is a mapping between a Unicode character (that EDCT won't accept) and the character that EDCT will accept in its place as its 'translation'. For example:

(U+03AB) Ϋ <--> Û (U+00DB)
    (U+03B2) β <--> â (U+00E2)
    (U+03B2) ξ <--> î (U+00EE)
    (U+03BA) κ <--> ê (U+00EA)
    (U+03C4) τ <--> ô (U+00F4)
    (U+03CA) ϊ <--> ú (U+00FA)
    (U+03CB) ϋ <--> û (U+00FB)

So, if the on-screen settlement name is "Amrûndôr", the condition "SettlementName Amrϋndτr" (which I am allowed to have in my ANSI EDCT) returns true for it and only for it. I'm assuming that the mapping is what it is because I'm using Greek as the OS language, but you get the gist.

Anyway, all this prologue was meant to lead to the question: is this something you can somehow incorprorate to the tool so that it stops giving false "invalid settlement name" reports?
    Last edited by Aradan; July 05, 2014 at 05:14 AM.

Squid's Avatar Opifex

Blog Entries

Its probably do-able. I'd be concerned that it isn't a one to one mapping. So one settlement name in EDCT would map to multiple potential names in game. Although I'd have to look into it I'm wondering if the characters that are equivalent share the same first byte in their unicode representation.

Makes sense that the mapping would not be 1 to 1. Thanks for looking into it!

Jubal_Barca's Avatar Master Engineer

Whenever I load my current set of files, I get told I have an unhandled exception in the program with the error "Value of '955' is not valid for 'red'." Am I doing something wholly dim?
    Sine remo flumine adverso - Latin, 'up the creek without a paddle'.
    Mod leader of Warhammer Total War, Narnia Total War, and A Game of Colleges: Total War

Under the patronage of Aden of Woodstock, The Black Prince.

Squid's Avatar Opifex

Blog Entries

My guess is you have a bad color in descr_sm_factions.txt.

Jubal_Barca's Avatar Master Engineer

You are entirely correct, thanks.
    Sine remo flumine adverso - Latin, 'up the creek without a paddle'.
    Mod leader of Warhammer Total War, Narnia Total War, and A Game of Colleges: Total War

Under the patronage of Aden of Woodstock, The Black Prince.

dvk901's Avatar Consummatum est
    Patrician

I would like to add some information to the Traits information regarding RTW\BI that I have recently discovered.....it's a little thing, perhaps, but could be helpful, as it did in fact solve some issues I had with coding trait triggers for an update to RS2.

All triggers that include the 'WhenToTest' conditions 'CharacterComesOfAge, OfferedForAdoption, OfferedForMarriage, BrotherAdopted and LesserGeneralOfferedForAdoption apparently need to be listen sequentially in the EDCT. They were in the Vanilla file, but I never gave much thought to WHY they were until I started having issues with triggers with these statements never firing....even though the chance was 100%. What I eventually discovered was that RTW goes through the EDCT each turn and apparently 'processes' triggers with these conditions as if they were all in one place in the file. It reads through the first ones it finds, and when that section ends it will not process any other triggers that are below them.....or at least, it will not consistently do so.

Another 'oddity', or exception to this bug is that the game WILL process a trigger with one of these conditions if it is 'faction specific', even though that (or those) trigger is not sequential with all the others. So what I ended up doing to solve this problem was to organize all triggers with these conditions in this order:

1. All CharacterComesOfAge, OfferedForAdoption, OfferedForMarriage, BrotherAdopted and LesserGeneralOfferedForAdoption event triggers meant to give a 'generic' trait that any character in any faction can get listed in order by event type and all together in one section of the file.

2. All faction specific events, as above, listed in order of event type in one section directly following #1.

Organized as such, all of the triggers are processed properly.

Creator of: "Ecce, Roma Surrectum....Behold, Rome Arises!"
    R.I.P. My Beloved Father