Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: ATVTW - Trait/Ancillary Validator

Default Re: ATVTW - Trait/Ancillary Validator

Your code works fine for me on vanilla RTW btw (except the nomad thing of course).

You can try taking all conditions out of the trigger and see if it activates then. Then start adding them back one by one, if it does.

Boustrophedon's Avatar Grote Smurf
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Aradan View Post
    Your code works fine for me on vanilla RTW btw (except the nomad thing of course).

You can try taking all conditions out of the trigger and see if it activates then. Then start adding them back one by one, if it does.
    Good idea! I'll try that and then get back at you with my result. Thanks for your time, it's much appreciated.

Boustrophedon's Avatar Grote Smurf
    Citizen

Sorry for the late reply (I'm in the middle of exams)...
    I've added all the ancillaries manually and one by one tested them and everything seems to work. I did nothing different from last time except that I've changed the cities around a bit.
    My first try included up to 8 ancillaries being awarded with a condition "SettlementName x" for the same city. Now I've switched them around a bit so that the same city isn't used 10+ times as a condition.
    Apart from this nothing changed so if this didn't cause my errors of anc's not showing up then I don't know what the problem was. Anyhow the problem is solved so I guess that's something.
    Cheers

Foederatus

I'm having some weird problems. First of all, let me point out that I'm unable to use the latest version of the ATVTW for some reason. My computer will not let me install the latest version of the Net Framework (no error message, the installation just never start up), and while I do get the ATVTW to load, it freezes as soon as I try to create settings or load them. Therefore I'm using the older version 1.0.0.0 of the validator from 2007 that I already had installed on my computer.

I get all things working fine with the validator except for the export_VnVs.txt that I've modded quite extensively. If I put the standard export_VnVs.txt into my Data/Text folder it parses all the files, but since I get an error at each trait it's somewhat cumbersome to check the traits for errors. If I, however, use my new export_VnVs.txt the validator shows an error message saying "Length cannot be less than zero. Parameter name: length" and I then get the options Details, Continue and Quit.

I've looked through my export_VnVs.txt numerous times, the first time I found one (1) instance where I had put a ] instead of a } and this was naturally corrected. I performed a file search for other similar errors, searching for all instances of [, ], ( and ). I've checked the coding format the file is saved in, and it is indeed Unicode. I've compared my file to the standard file and I cannot find anything out of the ordinary whatsoever. I'm going nuts over this since I cannot get on with my mod without validating all the changes I've made.

A helpful hand in this matter would indeed be very much appreciated!
    Last edited by Alecci; January 14, 2011 at 05:56 AM.

Squid's Avatar Opifex
    Patrician Artifex Technical Staff

Blog Entries

I don't support the old version of ATVTW anymore. The error is likely that you have a { without a }.
    Under the patronage of Roman_Man#3, Patron of Ishan
    Click for my tools and tutorials
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -----Albert Einstein

Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by Sqυιd View Post
    I don't support the old version of ATVTW anymore. The error is likely that you have a { without a }.
    Many thanks for pointing me in the right direction, that was all I was hoping for.

chris10's Avatar Primicerius

First tme I used it and instantly lost...
    Get the following error:

Code:
    Error: Parsing EDA failed, the followng errors were found: 

Line 1495 - Error: Expected EffectsDescription found: Effect
    Looked at EDA and the entry is fine...where is the error located ? line 1495 is the red one

Code:
    ;------------------------------------------
    Ancillary Roman_XII_Legion
        Image ROMAN_XII_LEGION_ANCILLARY.tga
        ExcludeCultures barbarian, carthaginian, eastern, egyptian, greek
        Description Roman_XII_Legion_desc
        Effect Command 1
        Effect TroopMorale  1
        Effect Influence  2
    Code:
    Trigger trigger_Legate_LEG_XII
        WhenToTest CharacterTurnEnd
        Condition EndedInSettlement
              and FactionType romans_brutii
              and IsGeneral
              and SettlementName Patavium
              and SettlementBuildingExists >= imperial_legion
              and not FactionwideAncillaryExists Roman_XII_Legion

AcquireAncillary Roman_XII_Legion chance 100
    entry from export_ancillarys is ok too

Code:
    {Roman_XII_Legion}    Legio XIII Gemina

{Roman_XII_Legion_desc}
    This man is the current commander of Legio XIII Gemina.

{Roman_XII_Legion_effects_desc}
    Command +1 TroopMorale +1 Influence +2
    thing is I get an errorless CTD on hitting end turn and Its definitely that Ancillary because when I cancel the building Imperial Legion in Patavium and wont allow it to be finished the turn goes thru.
    Iam so frustrated
    Last edited by chris10; January 18, 2011 at 06:50 PM.

Squid's Avatar Opifex

Blog Entries

Reread the message you're missing a line in the ancillary, it tells you exactly what the problem is and what line is missing.
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -----Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Sqυιd View Post
    Reread the message you're missing a line in the ancillary, it tells you exactly what the problem is and what line is missing.
    ooh...dooooooooh....
    I was so frustrated that I did not realized that the entire EffectDescription Line was missing.

Code:
    EffectsDescription Roman_XII_Legion_effects_desc
    Last edited by chris10; January 19, 2011 at 04:13 AM.

Squid's Avatar Opifex

Blog Entries

Version 2.2.2

Changes/Fixes from v2.2.1:

• Added M2TW condition GiveSettlement
    • Fixed output of conditions with not so the not is before the condition name, it had been displaying the not after the condition

Go to the first post to get the new version.

errrrr....I get constant errorless CTD once I put a named character into Arretium to trigger a Legion Ancillary...I checked all files and entrys to death and the validators say its ok too
    Attachment 138705

what else could cause a CTD related to ancillarys ?
    all triggers and entrys in all related files are ok...the image is in place...
    thing is we want to implement them in RSII patch 2.2 too and I already managed to eradicate all other bugs but this one drives me mad, especially because there seems nothing wrong but it still goes CTD once a character is in the Settlement at end turn.
    Could use a second pair of eyes...only if you have a minute of course...
    Ancillary Files Attachment 138706

EDIT: Others reported that they got that particular Ancillary and that it did not cause CTD for them. Must be something bugged in my campaign as I always get CTD with that. Nevermind...
    Last edited by chris10; February 13, 2011 at 07:49 PM.

okaaay...
    I'm not getting this program at all :/

Why do you NEED those files, and why doesnt the error report state which files the reported errors are in?

And the search funtion is , thats why im posting these probably 1000 times asked questions

Squid's Avatar Opifex

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DesMarekle View Post
    Why do you NEED those files
    Because many of things that are tested for validity by ATVTW (such as factions, culture, buildings, units, etc., etc.) are not hardcoded and vary from mod to mod and being able to read those files is necessary to validate properly.

and why doesnt the error report state which files the reported errors are in?
    It does. If there's a parsing error (i.e. before you see any traits/ancillaries/etc in the main window) it tells you exactly which file and exactly which line the error is on. If its after the parsing (i.e. pressing the next problem button) then it also tells you where the error is, by telling you exactly which trait/ancillary/trigger/etc. the error is in. How you go about fixing the error is entirely up to you and it does not help with that.

To be quite blunt if you can't figure out which file the traits/trait triggers or ancillary/ancillary triggers are in, especially since you've already modded them to some extent, then perhaps you should not be modding them.

And the search funtion is , thats why im posting these probably 1000 times asked questions
    The search function finds the next trait/ancillary/trigger name that has the search value in starting from the one after the one you are looking at. If you want to search for anything else you need to use some other program.

If you don't like how this program works you are more than welcome not to use it or to create your own rather than complaining about the efforts others, including myself, have put in making this tool.

lol, no, i meant the forum search function

and the mod im working with doesnt have some of the files needed (as theyre unmodded), so should i just put the needed vanilla files in there for the sake of completeliness (bad word, cant think of an idiom :/ )?

why the descr_strat validator does not work with alex exe?
    Sorry for my English...

top 10 favourite mods: RTRVII, RSII, 300WOS, LOTRTW, FATW, HCT, EB, ROP, ARISTEIA, IBFD

Squid's Avatar Opifex

Blog Entries

It should work with any descr_strat. What errors is it not reporting? Bear in mind it is only checking that any trait/ancillary lines in descr_strat are correct.

Squid's Avatar Opifex

Blog Entries

Version 2.2.3

Changes/Fixes from v2.2.2:

• Updated reading of enums (from data/text) to differentiate between and empty enum and one with just whitespace (the former causes a crash the later does not)
    • Level and Ancillary classes will report empty enums as an error now
    • Script reader not always correctly identifying the end of the file
    • AdviceItems not recognizing optional PauseBattle lines
    • AdviceThreads and Advice Triggers not generating any parse errors
    • Advice Triggers not recognizing multiple AdviceThread lines and not advancing to the next trigger
    • AdviceThreads not recognizing FactionsAndCultures lines (M2TW)
    • Editing a setting not displaying the correct setting

Squid's Avatar Opifex

Blog Entries

Version 2.2.4

Changes/Fixes from v2.2.4:

• Fixed Characters line in a Trait not being required
    • Fixed ATVTW hanging if an enum file had a line with a { with no matching }
    • Added errors being reported for parsing errors in enum files (such as { with no })

Many thx, great tool, but what does "error: trait pagan not defined." infact none of the religions is defined?
    RNJ Mod Fan (Shogun 2-Rome BI)

Get it here!http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=519633

Squid's Avatar Opifex

Blog Entries

Is the religion file in the directory that you're processing?