Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: ATVTW - Trait/Ancillary Validator

Valkar's Avatar Senator

Default Re: ATVTW - Trait/Ancillary Validator

Thankyou very much Squid, i always make stupid mistakes when im creating traits, and with this tool its just so easy.

Squid's Avatar Opifex
    Patrician Artifex Technical Staff

Blog Entries

Version 2.1.2

This is a bug fix release:

Changes from 2.1.1 Version:

• Fixed crash when reading a corrupted setting (the setting now gets deleted)
    • All tabs now resize properly
    • Ancillary tab now loses unneeded entries for RTW ancillaries (type and transferable)
    • GeneralWithAncKilled now check for ancillary type instead of ancillary name
    • Fixed script checking which was not working in any useful fashion
    • Added a few extra condition to the script checker to check
    • Added ability to edit existing settings
    • Internal code change in an attempt to speed up file processing

Go to the first post to get the new version.
    Under the patronage of Roman_Man#3, Patron of Ishan
    Click for my tools and tutorials
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -----Albert Einstein

Hey
    That good news!
    but I can not unpack these files, it looks like a serious error, because before I could do it.

Squid's Avatar Opifex

Blog Entries

Don't know what happened. I re-uploaded and it appears to be able to be opened now.
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -----Albert Einstein

Hi,

I was wondering if it was maybe possible to add a function to check "export_descr_advice.txt" (and related files). This file's syntax looks very similar to that of traits.
    (... and it would be very helpful )

Squid's Avatar Opifex

Blog Entries

Its very similar but quite different. I have no plans to add that functionality right now.

Ok

Squid's Avatar Opifex

Blog Entries

Version 2.1.3

This is a bug fix release:

Changes from 2.1.2 Version:

• Fixed crash if a bad event is encountered in a trigger
    • Restored ancillary listing to the ancillary trigger tab
    • Added all other faction names from the kingdoms campaigns to the M2TW Combat_V_Faction_X set of attributes (this should reduce attribute errors until a better solution is found)

Go to the first post to get the new version.

I just wanted to report 2 possible bugs:

1st: In the EDA, if one ancillary has an incomplete ExlcudeCulture line, (i.e. it states ExcludeCulture without any culture following it), the tool will not be able to open the file. It might be happening the same with other lines (e.g. ExlcudeAncillaries), but I have not tested that.

2nd: The tool is not recognising some settlement names which are not the ones from vanilla RTW. For example, it says that "For condition SettlementName, New_Orleans is not a valid 'settlement name'". I've checked the decr_regions file, and in fact New_Orleans exists as a settlement name.

Apart from that, I have no issues/complaints. It is a great tool, and is actually saving my life. Keep up the good work, Squid!
    Last edited by Mataputas; November 02, 2010 at 01:17 PM.
    There are none so enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free

Quote Originally Posted by Mataputas View Post
    2nd: The tool is not recognising some settlement names which are not the ones from vanilla RTW. For example, it says that "For condition SettlementName, New_Orleans is not a valid 'settlement name'". I've checked the decr_regions file, and in fact New_Orleans exists as a settlement name.
    Is there maybe a difference in the use of capital characters? eg, New_orleans instead of New_Orleans? And is New_Orleans the code name of the city or the ingame name?

Quote Originally Posted by PatricianS View Post
    Is there maybe a difference in the use of capital characters? eg, New_orleans instead of New_Orleans? And is New_Orleans the code name of the city or the ingame name?
    Nope... I've checked that with descr_regions, descr_strat and imperial_campaign_regions_and_settlement_names.txt. They are equally spelled. Anyway, if it was a bug, it's almost irrelevant cause you can just check the name of the settlement and that's all. But well, I wanted to report it anyway

Squid's Avatar Opifex

Blog Entries

For the first item do you mean its reporting it as a parsing error or that ATVTW is crashing? If the first that's what its supposed to do. An ExcludedCultures line with no cultures makes so sense and should just not be included. Its might be one of those things that RTW won't crash on but is just better not to do, just comment out the line if you aren't assigning excluded cultures yet.

For the second if you could upload the full set of files you're using so I can use them to see the error it would be appreciated.
    Last edited by Squid; November 02, 2010 at 04:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sqυιd View Post
    For the first item do you mean its reporting it as a parsing error or that ATVTW is crashing? If the first that's what its supposed to do. An ExcludedCultures line with no cultures makes so sense and should just not be included. Its might be one of those things that RTW won't crash on but is just better not to do, just comment out the line if you aren't assigning excluded cultures yet.
    Nope, I'm afraid that ATVTW is not being able to load the file. I mean, it gives out an error message, and although it does not crash, it doesn't load anything.

For the second if you could upload the full set of files you're using so I can use them to see the error it would be appreciated.
    Err... I will, may I ask you to list the necessary files?

Squid's Avatar Opifex

Blog Entries

The first error is a major error with ATVTW because it actually causes the program to crash, at least it did for me.

As for the files, they're listed in the OP.

The first error is a major error with ATVTW because it actually causes the program to crash, at least it did for me.
    Yeah, in my case it's not actually crashing, but anyway it does nothing... I mean, it looks as if I had just open the program and hadn't opened any profile.

As for the files, they're listed in the OP.
    Files sent
    Last edited by Mataputas; November 03, 2010 at 07:43 AM. Reason: Grammatical mistake

Squid's Avatar Opifex

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mataputas View Post
    Files sent
    If you could send your descr_strat.txt and descr_regions.txt as well. I just realized they weren't listed in the OP.

Squid's Avatar Opifex

Blog Entries

Update on looking at the two problems that Mataputas pointed out. Both were actually bugs in ATVTW and have been fixed. I was in the midst of a bunch of changes to TWLibrary.dll, where these bugs actually originate, as part of working on another tool, so once I finish with the changes/improvements that the other tool requires I'll upload a new version of ATVTW.

Squid's Avatar Opifex

Blog Entries

As part of technical staff I'm trying out a new bug tracking/feature request system. If you have any bugs to report or features to request for ATVTW please add them to ATVTW Bug/Feature Tracker.

If you have any problems with the tool please PM me with the details.

Hi, I have a question...although I think I have the answer, unfortunately...
    This tool also works with the RTW mods? (for example Europa Barbarorum)
    Quote Originally Posted by spartan_warrior View Post
    It is clear that many of those around here spouting their wisdom about how CA hates modding and is intentionally preventing mods have not tried using the Assembly Kit, or even looked at its capabilities. If they have they would realize their idiotic statements are false.

Of course it does, it wouldn't be much use otherwise, would it.