Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: TWC Modding Awards Winners 2007

Default Re: **TWC MODDING AWARDS WINNERS**

Quite suprised SPQR-TW was not there. Or was it?

Congratulations to all the winners!

mm mm Congrats to all winners!!

Only it surprises me that there is no 'best intro movie' or something about cinematographing award...

who would have won that one

Q.

First of all, a big thanks to all who have voted, of course!

Thanks for the congratulations and thanks to Halie for organizing all these votes!
    Finally thanks to all the other TWC staff for making and maintaining a great forum!

And congrats to all winners and nominees!
    Last edited by King Kong; January 20, 2008 at 01:43 PM.

Winner of 'Favorite M2TW Mod' and 'Favorite M2TW Modder' Award 2007 & 2008

Captain Arrrgh!'s Avatar I'z in yer grass

Arrrghhh!!
    Congradumations ta all thar talentated modders.
    A hearty Captain's fart especially goes ta yon King Kong fer makin' Stainless Steel. A great, great mod, aye.
    **Faarrrtttt!!!!**

Legio XII's Avatar Semisalis

Though I am not first to say it, congrats to the winners and the runners up. Personally, I found it odd that Broken Crescent did not win more than it did. It may have something to do with the fact it came out to close to awards time and didn't have enough time to gain popularity. As far as I am concerned, it is one of the best, if not the best, MTW2 mod out there.

Maybe this favoritism comes from the fact that I am sick of western Europe and have been waiting for Broken Crescent and it's focus on the long-ignored east for a long time.

Nonetheless, all of these mods are outstanding. I have every single one of them installed, and play them all constantly, much to the detriment of my grades. Still addicted to BC for a while, though.

Cyrus the Virus's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Congratulations to the winners and a good luck next time to the losers.

"And the Heavens Shall Tremble"
    Resistance is futile™

"ehn sewr traih-sluyrds-lairareh"

While I am not big on using mods that change many things, there was a lot of quality work done by the winners and runners-up. Excellent job, congratulations and looking forward to checking out your work in the new year.

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

Congratulations to everyone! To the winners and to all that werent listed here! I mean, there were lots of cool mods that werent listed but they are great accomplishments as well. Just to name a few there are some cool mods like the warhammer mod, rome medieval and many more. Rise of Persia for example is one of my favorite mods. And there are many other cool mods that will be released in the near future like Inca TW, Peninsula Italica and others. The modding comunity evolved a lot since the early days of RTW and M2TW modding.

Haedar's Avatar Miles

Thanks to all moders for their nicely and beautiful mods and congratulations for the winner and good luck for all moder.

alpaca's Avatar Harbinger of saliva

I wasn't even aware that I have been participating in the awards until somebody told me a while ago that they voted for me :hmmm:
    And now I come here out of curiosity for who won only to see more of this entirely undeserved credit - well it's not as if I mind. Thanks to everyone for participating

Oh and congratulations to the winners. EB and BC won a lot of stuff I see. Definitely not undeservedly.

P.S: What were the individual votes about? Theoretical skill or actual released stuff? Or just some general impression about the nominees?

No thing is everything. Every thing is nothing.

I expect to be stoned, but the answer to the latter (and that could be said for every single category) is "popularity".

Congrats to everyone out there for their efforts, whether they were listed here or not!

Congrats to King Kong, Repman and BC team. I still think DLV is the best one.
    Forest Brothers

Mansa musa
    saying that you don't believe the mail man is coming today doesn't make it true

Europa Barbarorum wishes to thank all the fans and supporters that have voted EB to the top in so many categories, against very strong contenders. It is very inspiring to see that our work is valued by the community.

Congratulations to all the other winners!

Congratulations to all winning modders and mod teams alike!! This community is very fortunate to have so many talented individuals.
    So many great mods...so little time to play them all.....
    If i may, i would like to specifically congratulate my two favorite mods and mod teams. EB and FATW!! Your works have no rivals in my book.

Dsturbed's Avatar Libertus

Congrats to all modders and especially to winners thanks for your great works. so i m playing RTW once more again and im so enjoying , because of your mods

MasterOfNone's Avatar RTW Modder 2004-2015

Thank you Lysander, that is very kind.

And Congratulations to all!
    "One of the most sophisticated Total War mods ever developed..."
    The Fourth Age: Total War - The Dominion of Men

I echo bovi's comments - there have been a *lot* of modders who have worked on EB over the last four years, and over 22,000 individual files in the game have been altered by the mod team. The mod wouldn't have gotten anywhere if not for the very large number of guys (and yeah, it's been pretty much exclusively a sausage-fest if you'll excuse the crudeness) with a committed vision and, generally, an ability to work consistently, cordially, and professionally with each other through good times and pretty crappy times.

Besides the team members, many people outside EB deserve a big "Thank You!" for helping us out and whose work led directly to some of those awards. Thanks to Dol Guldur for helping us get more files working within the EB modfolder and for his advice in general. Thanks to Caius Brittanicus for allowing the use of his Crusades palm trees (which are still awesome), and to drak10687 for helping us getting the Oppida walls into 1.0. A massive Thank you to Kailith who made the walls. And given the results of the Original Audio award, we would also like to thank Morgan Casey (morgancasey.com) and Nick Wylie (nickwylie.com) for working with the mod team to create our huge soundtrack, as well as Simon O'Dwyer and Maria Cullen O'Dwyer of Prehistoric Music Ireland (prehistoricmusic.com) for graciously allowing us to use some of their work on Bronze and Iron Age Celtic music in the mod. Another Thanks should go out to the American University Recording Studio Project team who recorded over 5,500 recordings and greatly increased the coverage and scope of the Greek voicemod. And finally a big one to the fans who have supported us over the last few years (patiently!).

Will we recieve the awards under our names?
    Last edited by AlphaDelta; January 24, 2008 at 04:50 AM.

alpaca's Avatar Harbinger of saliva

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaDelta View Post
    Will we recieve the awards under our names?
    This is not the academy awards - there's no evidence that you ever won one of the TWC awards except for server backups and collective memory I believe.

You can build one out of cardboard and put it on your shelf if you so desire

No thing is everything. Every thing is nothing.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast