Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: CAE v1.4 Bug&CTD Thread

Default Re: CAE v1.4 Bug&CTD Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ELJAY View Post
    I dont have a vanilla unit_models folder ?

i copied the whole unit folder from CAE to C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\data\
    yeah i have the same thing

Zephrelial's Avatar Eternal Sorrow
    An ancient castle on a steep windy mountain peak.. away from all mortal eyes...

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb32123 View Post
    I uninstalled, reinstalled, installed 1.2, and then CAE 1.4b. Same problem. I launch CAE.ico, game starts loading, and crashes before I reach the main menu.
    Mike check the installation path of the mod's installer.The location where your m2tw is installed is essential.So if your game is installed somewhere other than the default installing path: C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War,set the installation directory accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by ELJAY View Post
    I dont have a vanilla unit_models folder ?

i copied the whole unit folder from CAE to C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\data\

but i still got the same CTD after the battle for Zagreb (me venice, zagreb rebels, turn 2)

There isn't a vanilla unit_models folder,the vanilla word is used to specify default,unmodified m2tw.. You may try redownloading,I moved the unit_models folder and just reuploaded the mod including the fix for milan's king purse and the missing textures of the English catapult unit.
    Shine on you crazy diamond...

Quote Originally Posted by Zephrelial View Post
    Mike check the installation path of the mod's installer.The location where your m2tw is installed is essential.So if your game is installed somewhere other than the default installing path: C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War,set the installation directory accordingly.

I've checked, and it's in the right location. What now?

When I downloaded the CAE mod from the host site, my computer gave me a Trojan Horse Virus warning and prevented the mod from being extracted. When I used AVG to heal, the extracted files were deleted.

Any Ideas why a Trojan Horse Virus was attached from the download site?

Any ideas how to download this Mod with out the infected file?
    Last edited by Cherusci; March 02, 2008 at 07:34 AM. Reason: help in solving problem

I've checked, and it's in the right location. What now?

If you don't have patch v1.1 installed patch v1.2 installed,and the mod installed correctly it should work.Another thing I could suggest is to try it without the patch v1.3 installed.

Quote Originally Posted by Cherusci View Post
    When I downloaded the CAE mod from the host site, my computer gave me a Trojan Horse Virus warning and prevented the mod from being extracted. When I used AVG to heal, the extracted files were deleted.

Any Ideas why a Trojan Horse Virus was attached from the download site?

Any ideas how to download this Mod with out the infected file?
    Yesterday I ran a full scan with Spyware doctor with antivirus,and then deleted the current file,and reuploaded it.My antivirus program didn't detect any trojan.Just to let you and the others know.There is a possibility that in the site that was uploaded it somehow infected the file,because my antivirus didn't detect that trojan.
    Last edited by Zephrelial; March 02, 2008 at 12:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephrelial View Post
    If you don't have patch v1.1 installed patch v1.2 installed,and the mod installed correctly it should work.Another thing I could suggest is to try it without the patch v1.3 installed.
    I
    • uninstalled the game
    • reinstalled the game
    • installed patch 1.2
    • installed CAE 1.4b
    And that's all there is. It's in the right spot, I don't have 1.1, I don't have 1.3.

I
    • uninstalled the game
    • reinstalled the game
    • installed patch 1.2
    • installed CAE 1.4b
    And that's all there is. It's in the right spot, I don't have 1.1, I don't have 1.3.

It should work,honestly I have no idea why it doesn't work in your case,although everything seems to be done correctly.Sorry.

Oh well, looked like it was going to be a fun mod. Thanks anyway...

Oh well, looked like it was going to be a fun mod. Thanks anyway...
    Take care.

AMBASZ's Avatar Libertus

Hello Zeph,

I have a CTD problem, it always happens at the AI turn Abbasid Caliphate

I play with KOJ at M/M

CAE still rules!

Hey dudes, I've had this mod for some time now.
    Just yesterday my antivirus detected a trojan (mind you, it's been in my hard drive for quite some time). I downloaded it again and once that's done, antivirus detects it again. I healed/fixed it, and it got *poofed* into nothingness.

AVG detected it the first time, then Norton just awhile ago.

A forumer posted before that he too got a trojan horse warning, and the answer pointed out that the site may have given the file a virus. If so, how come there's been little complaints from others who've downloaded this?

Quote Originally Posted by AMBASZ View Post
    Hello Zeph,

I have a CTD problem, it always happens at the AI turn Abbasid Caliphate

I play with KOJ at M/M

CAE still rules!

Hello AMBASZ,

So aren't you able to pass that turn?Are you stuck,and which turn are you in?

Quote Originally Posted by Phalanx7 View Post
    Hey dudes, I've had this mod for some time now.
    Just yesterday my antivirus detected a trojan (mind you, it's been in my hard drive for quite some time). I downloaded it again and once that's done, antivirus detects it again. I healed/fixed it, and it got *poofed* into nothingness.

AVG detected it the first time, then Norton just awhile ago.

A forumer posted before that he too got a trojan horse warning, and the answer pointed out that the site may have given the file a virus. If so, how come there's been little complaints from others who've downloaded this?

Well after the report I deleted the file,and made a full scan with Spyware with Anti-virus utility,it didn't spot the trojan.So I uploaded it again.Probably only AVG detects such a trojan,not the other anti-virus programs..

Strangely there had been a similar report regarding another mod,check this out.
    Last edited by Zephrelial; March 03, 2008 at 03:29 PM.

AMBASZ's Avatar Libertus

When I have the CTD, I restart the game and it works fine untill the next turn, it happens again. Sometimes 2 turns sometimes 3 turns. But it always comes back.
    It happens around 1110ad-1125ad.

I think it's the Jihad that does something.
    Also the Abbasids own Damascus. Before they captured it, it didn't occur. (it's a long shot but you never know)
    Last edited by AMBASZ; March 03, 2008 at 03:34 PM.

Hello Zephrelial,you mod is realy great unfortunately i get a CTD while playing with Venice (turn 1154,Russian movement).I have made a fresh install of the game,patch 1.2,CAE 1.4,BUGfixer1.4 and copied/pasted content form CAE/data/unit_models to folder mediev../data/unit_models.
    l still get the same CTD,when i load my saves.

Also the patch for Milan didn't fix the problem.I copy/paste the descr_strat file to mediev../optional/passive Millan ,at the second turn i have a -1500000.Not a good sign for the future of my people i would say...

Hey Z, started out as mongols and noticed most army units have no upkeep cost...wuz this intentional? Seems like a great mod so far cause of lack of lag time between player turns(important to me). thanx

i've got a no named problem (literaly): I married my princess to a moor or egyptian family member.... but he has no name! here's a pic

Quote Originally Posted by AMBASZ View Post
    When I have the CTD, I restart the game and it works fine untill the next turn, it happens again. Sometimes 2 turns sometimes 3 turns. But it always comes back.
    It happens around 1110ad-1125ad.

I think it's the Jihad that does something.
    Also the Abbasids own Damascus. Before they captured it, it didn't occur. (it's a long shot but you never know)
    Thank you for the report AMBASZ,

Unfortunately it seems relocating the unit_models file apparently didn't work.I will have to resort to a deep research for completely annihilating any possibility for a long termed CTD.This will require much work,and I hope the results will be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Elfinian View Post
    Hello Zephrelial,you mod is realy great unfortunately i get a CTD while playing with Venice (turn 1154,Russian movement).I have made a fresh install of the game,patch 1.2,CAE 1.4,BUGfixer1.4 and copied/pasted content form CAE/data/unit_models to folder mediev../data/unit_models.
    l still get the same CTD,when i load my saves.

Also the patch for Milan didn't fix the problem.I copy/paste the descr_strat file to mediev../optional/passive Millan ,at the second turn i have a -1500000.Not a good sign for the future of my people i would say...

Elfinian thank you for the kind words and report.I will have to work on the reasons and find the solution for the occuring long termed CTDs.You may not be able to pass that turn,however after having downloaded the mod or having relocated the folder yourself, and restarting a campaign you shouldn't get any CTD.Sofar SAF-Biffa reported that after the change he hasn't received any CTD and all works well for him.So I'll recommend to start a new campaign,and post again immediately if a long turned CTD occurs again.Thank you.

The fix should definetely work.The reason that it doesn't work you've pasted it in the wrong directory.The correct directory should be:

C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\CloudsAcrossEurope\data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign

Not: mediev../optional/passive Millan

Quote Originally Posted by general_varro View Post
    Hey Z, started out as mongols and noticed most army units have no upkeep cost...wuz this intentional? Seems like a great mod so far cause of lack of lag time between player turns(important to me). thanx
    Varro,

The upkeep costs being 0 is vanilla,which means is by default.I haven't modified their upkeep costs.I was going to assign them upkeep costs for v1.4,but unfortunately I overlooked and forgot that.Thanks for the reminder.

And as for the long waiting turns,since there are 8 more factions in CAE,than the vanilla,the more armies,territory they have on the strat map the longer the waiting turns.I'm afraid there isn't much to do about that.

Juanguer,thank you for the pic as well as the report.I will have to check the name entries for the Portugal faction,and the factions above and beneath Portugal.

I pasted the milan fix to the right folder and it works fine,so i started a new campaign with Milan.
    By the way is there a way to increase the number of turns for the long campaign?
    Thanks Zephrelial.

*cu@all*'s Avatar Foederatus

I have many CD´s

after ending a fight over rebels or one of the new factions (sweden, lithuania and others), i played with the the teutonic order.

one more time CtD if i click on a Princess or dipomacy Charakter or click on a Faction Hero of sweden, lithuania or one of the other new factions.

CtD if i click on a Rebel Ship or a Rebel Army.

Edit

I have some questions.

-Campaign starts at the year 1100 just after the First Crusade,and the aftermath of the establishment of Kingdom of Jerusalem at Levant(1099).
    My campaign starts always on 1080 A.C

-At the beginning of Grand Campaign.Factions starts with alliances or at war according to history.
    Hm. No Faction that i have Played (Teutonics, England, France or other one) are at war or building alliance at the beginning of the Campaign. Why?

And at Least:
    Papal States are not Playable in Campaign.
    This stand in the Faction Choice of the Grand Campaign. But i can choice them
    Last edited by *cu@all*; March 07, 2008 at 03:21 PM.

is my unnamed problem resolved?