Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: CAE v1.4 Bug&CTD Thread

Zephrelial's Avatar Eternal Sorrow
    An ancient castle on a steep windy mountain peak.. away from all mortal eyes...

Default Re: CAE v1.4 Bug&CTD Thread

Quote Originally Posted by 0z0n3 View Post
    Enjoying CAE thus far. Though, I'm missing textures in English catapult soldiers.

They're all 'blinged out' in chrome.
    Wow just wow.. Just checked it out and indeed the catapult unit of england's textures are missing.Expect a fix soon and thanks for the report.

EDIT:

Ok fixed it,you and all the others can find it here
    Just follow the simple instruction there and this problem will be fixed on your CAE.Also note that the fix is saved game compatible and effective immediately once you implement it.
    Last edited by Zephrelial; February 17, 2008 at 04:15 PM.
    Shine on you crazy diamond...

"Copy and paste all the content of the unit_models folder in this directory:

C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\CloudsAcrossEurope\data

And paste it to the vanilla directory which exactly is as followed:

C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\data\unit_models"

Done but there was no unit_models folder in Vanilla data folder?

Anyway thanks I'll try it and hope. Getting really bored of doing quick battles...

Quote Originally Posted by SAF_Biffa View Post
    "Copy and paste all the content of the unit_models folder in this directory:

C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\data\unit_models"

Done but there was no unit_models folder in Vanilla data folder?

Anyway thanks I'll try it and hope. Getting really bored of doing quick battles...
    Both under the C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\CloudsAcrossEurope\data direcrory and the vanilla directory of C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\data

There are unit_models folders. What you need to do is basically to copy all the content of the unit_models folder located under the CloudsAcrossEurope data folder,and paste it over the unit_models folder located in the vanilla directory which is C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\data

Of course your vanilla(original)data folder may take place somewhere else if you have installed m2tw game at a different directory in your pc.

HI again. I am playing with Mogols now. Few posts before I wrote about CTD when my diplomat was send on mission to Lithuania. Now CTD occured once again, once again it has something in common with Lithuania. The log is :
    08:40:37.984 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE2
    08:40:37.984 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Jun 25 2007 version bld-medieval2-update2.1-30 (43169) ===
    08:40:37.984 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_0.pack
    08:40:37.984 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_1.pack
    08:40:37.984 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_2.pack
    08:40:37.984 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_3.pack
    08:40:38.000 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack
    08:40:38.000 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack
    08:40:51.828 [script.err] [error] Script Error in CloudsAcrossEurope/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 5848, column 2
    Building DB error - faction mongols has gap in building prior to masjid (unavailable at level zero)
    08:40:51.843 [data.invalid] [error] Target building level not allowed: The Mongols, town -> wooden_castle, sudbeth_altar[0](sudbeth_altar) -> sudbeth_altar[0](sudbeth_altar)
    08:40:51.859 [data.invalid] [error] Target building level not allowed: The Mongols, large_town -> castle, temple_muslim[1](masjid) -> temple_muslim_castle[1](c_masjid)
    08:40:51.859 [data.invalid] [error] Target building level not allowed: The Mongols, large_town -> castle, sudbeth_altar[0](sudbeth_altar) -> sudbeth_altar[0](sudbeth_altar)
    08:40:51.859 [data.invalid] [error] Target building level not allowed: The Mongols, wooden_castle -> town, sudbeth_altar_c[0](sudbeth_altar_c) -> sudbeth_altar_c[0](sudbeth_altar_c)
    08:40:51.859 [data.invalid] [error] Target building level not allowed: The Mongols, castle -> large_town, sudbeth_altar_c[0](sudbeth_altar_c) -> sudbeth_altar_c[0](sudbeth_altar_c)
    08:40:51.859 [data.invalid] [error] Target building level not allowed: The Mongols, fortress -> city, sudbeth_altar_c[0](sudbeth_altar_c) -> sudbeth_altar_c[0](sudbeth_altar_c)
    08:40:51.859 [data.invalid] [error] Target building level not allowed: The Mongols, citadel -> city, sudbeth_altar_c[0](sudbeth_altar_c) -> sudbeth_altar_c[0](sudbeth_altar_c)
    08:40:51.859 [data.invalid] [error] Target building level not allowed: Grand Duchy of Lithuania, wooden_castle -> town, temple_pagan_castle[0](dievas_temple_c) -> temple_pagan[0](high_temple)
    08:40:51.859 [data.invalid] [error] Target building level not allowed: Grand Duchy of Lithuania, castle -> large_town, temple_pagan_castle[0](dievas_temple_c) -> temple_pagan[0](high_temple)
    08:40:51.859 [data.invalid] [error] Target building level not allowed: Grand Duchy of Lithuania, fortress -> city, temple_pagan_castle[0](dievas_temple_c) -> temple_pagan[0](high_temple)
    08:40:51.859 [data.invalid] [error] Target building level not allowed: Grand Duchy of Lithuania, citadel -> city, temple_pagan_castle[0](dievas_temple_c) -> temple_pagan[0](high_temple)
    09:50:29.468 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

Could you tell me what to do? Oh yes the turn was 1206.
    Last edited by SaszkuksPL; February 19, 2008 at 03:10 AM.

Hi first time poster, I've tried searching for a possible answer, but haven't found it, I've just downloaded CAE v1.4B and have installed it.

I load it up from the shortcut on the desktop and it runs a command window and then brings up a splash screen, after a few seconds, it disappears and jumps back to the command window on the desktop and closes it.

I've looked in the error log and this is what its saying: (last few lines)

22:08:02.703 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack
    22:08:02.703 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack
    22:08:10.781 [script.err] [error] Script Error in CloudsAcrossEurope/data/export_descr_unit.txt, at line 3139, column 24
    stat_pri statistic refers to non-existant projectile type 'cav_composite_arrow'
    22:08:10.781 [script.err] [error] Script Error in CloudsAcrossEurope/data/export_descr_unit.txt, at line 3139, column 24
    failed to read statistic for unit type 'Kazaks'
    22:08:10.781 [data.invalid] [error] DATABASE_TABLE error found : error reading record from file CloudsAcrossEurope/data/export_descr_unit.txt.

Any ideas? I've looked at the file myself but can see any probs?
    I've also tried reinstalling it, but that didn't change anything, I also downloaded the same file again from somewhere on these forums, but that didn'thave any effect either.
    Last edited by Chiss; February 19, 2008 at 03:20 PM.

Hey Zeph,

This is a great mod man, so really not a big deal.

Appreciate the quick feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by SaszkuksPL View Post
    HI again. I am playing with Mogols now. Few posts before I wrote about CTD when my diplomat was send on mission to Lithuania. Now CTD occured once again, once again it has something in common with Lithuania. The log is :
    08:40:37.984 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE2
    08:40:37.984 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Jun 25 2007 version bld-medieval2-update2.1-30 (43169) ===
    08:40:37.984 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_0.pack
    08:40:37.984 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_1.pack
    08:40:37.984 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_2.pack
    08:40:37.984 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_3.pack
    08:40:38.000 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack
    08:40:38.000 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack
    08:40:51.828 [script.err] [error] Script Error in CloudsAcrossEurope/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 5848, column 2
    Building DB error - faction mongols has gap in building prior to masjid (unavailable at level zero)
    08:40:51.843 [data.invalid] [error] Target building level not allowed: The Mongols, town -> wooden_castle, sudbeth_altar[0](sudbeth_altar) -> sudbeth_altar[0](sudbeth_altar)
    08:40:51.859 [data.invalid] [error] Target building level not allowed: The Mongols, large_town -> castle, temple_muslim[1](masjid) -> temple_muslim_castle[1](c_masjid)
    08:40:51.859 [data.invalid] [error] Target building level not allowed: The Mongols, large_town -> castle, sudbeth_altar[0](sudbeth_altar) -> sudbeth_altar[0](sudbeth_altar)
    08:40:51.859 [data.invalid] [error] Target building level not allowed: The Mongols, wooden_castle -> town, sudbeth_altar_c[0](sudbeth_altar_c) -> sudbeth_altar_c[0](sudbeth_altar_c)
    08:40:51.859 [data.invalid] [error] Target building level not allowed: The Mongols, castle -> large_town, sudbeth_altar_c[0](sudbeth_altar_c) -> sudbeth_altar_c[0](sudbeth_altar_c)
    08:40:51.859 [data.invalid] [error] Target building level not allowed: The Mongols, fortress -> city, sudbeth_altar_c[0](sudbeth_altar_c) -> sudbeth_altar_c[0](sudbeth_altar_c)
    08:40:51.859 [data.invalid] [error] Target building level not allowed: The Mongols, citadel -> city, sudbeth_altar_c[0](sudbeth_altar_c) -> sudbeth_altar_c[0](sudbeth_altar_c)
    08:40:51.859 [data.invalid] [error] Target building level not allowed: Grand Duchy of Lithuania, wooden_castle -> town, temple_pagan_castle[0](dievas_temple_c) -> temple_pagan[0](high_temple)
    08:40:51.859 [data.invalid] [error] Target building level not allowed: Grand Duchy of Lithuania, castle -> large_town, temple_pagan_castle[0](dievas_temple_c) -> temple_pagan[0](high_temple)
    08:40:51.859 [data.invalid] [error] Target building level not allowed: Grand Duchy of Lithuania, fortress -> city, temple_pagan_castle[0](dievas_temple_c) -> temple_pagan[0](high_temple)
    08:40:51.859 [data.invalid] [error] Target building level not allowed: Grand Duchy of Lithuania, citadel -> city, temple_pagan_castle[0](dievas_temple_c) -> temple_pagan[0](high_temple)
    09:50:29.468 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

Could you tell me what to do? Oh yes the turn was 1206.
    Please indicate whether you are vista user.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiss View Post
    Hi first time poster, I've tried searching for a possible answer, but haven't found it, I've just downloaded CAE v1.4B and have installed it.

I load it up from the shortcut on the desktop and it runs a command window and then brings up a splash screen, after a few seconds, it disappears and jumps back to the command window on the desktop and closes it.

I've looked in the error log and this is what its saying: (last few lines)

22:08:02.703 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack
    22:08:02.703 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack
    stat_pri statistic refers to non-existant projectile type 'cav_composite_arrow'
    failed to read statistic for unit type 'Kazaks'
    22:08:10.781 [data.invalid] [error] DATABASE_TABLE error found : error reading record from file CloudsAcrossEurope/data/export_descr_unit.txt.

Any ideas? I've looked at the file myself but can see any probs?
    I've also tried reinstalling it, but that didn't change anything, I also downloaded the same file again from somewhere on these forums, but that didn'thave any effect either.
    Please see the last post of this thread

Also could you indicate whether you are a vista user?

Quote Originally Posted by 0z0n3 View Post
    Hey Zeph,

This is a great mod man, so really not a big deal.

Appreciate the quick feedback.
    No prob. at all.Still download the very small fix,if you wish the English catapult textures to appear.

I am using Win XP. Never Vista. Could you tell me how you managed to change statistics of resources?
    Last edited by SaszkuksPL; February 23, 2008 at 02:51 AM.

Hi guys,

First I like to say I really love this mod, however it never makes it to the end of my game. I`m getting a lot of ctd`s and now it simply won`t run. It just says unspecified error at startup. And always before I get those nasty ctd's the game kind of scrambles the pictures of buttons. Next turn it crashes allways.

Installed:

Fresh windows
    Medieval 2 (no expansion)
    1.2 patch
    1.3 patch
    1.4 Clouds Across Europe
    1.4c Clouds Across Europe
    Realistic Walls and Siege enines mod (since then I get the unspecified error at startup)
    I also changed the turn per year to 0.50

The ctd`s I could live with, because this would happen maybe once in 20 turns. But this unspecified error thing took my realm from me. I must say that this scrambling button bug and ctd also appeared in my pre-fresh windows install with 1.3 Clouds Across Europe.

P.S I`ve been following this thread for some long time.

Thanks in advance

edit: Uninstalled and Reinstalled CAE, it works again I also saved the savegames CAE cannot work with the realitic walls mod.
    However the button scrambler bugs remains, I`ll try to make a screenshot.
    Last edited by Wateenforum; February 23, 2008 at 04:14 AM.

Nissedruva's Avatar Senator

After a couple of week absence from this forum i returned i saw that the mod had been released.

I'm having a great time with Sweden but unfortunately i experience massive error crashes .

Reloading the game has fixed most of them, allowing me to move on in game but now I'm stuck.

I have Xp,Kingdoms, 1.3 patch, retrofit mod, and CAE 1.4 installed

This is my log:

15:29:27.148 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE2
    15:29:27.148 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Jun 25 2007 version bld-medieval2-update2.1-30 (43169) ===
    15:29:27.163 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_0.pack
    15:29:27.163 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_1.pack
    15:29:27.163 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_2.pack
    15:29:27.163 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_3.pack
    15:29:27.163 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack
    15:29:27.163 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack
    15:29:32.085 [script.err] [error] Script Error in CloudsAcrossEurope/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 5848, column 2
    15:29:32.085 [data.invalid] [error] Target building level not allowed: The Mongols, town -> wooden_castle, sudbeth_altar[0](sudbeth_altar) -> sudbeth_altar[0](sudbeth_altar)
    15:29:32.085 [data.invalid] [error] Target building level not allowed: The Mongols, large_town -> castle, temple_muslim[1](masjid) -> temple_muslim_castle[1](c_masjid)
    15:29:32.085 [data.invalid] [error] Target building level not allowed: The Mongols, large_town -> castle, sudbeth_altar[0](sudbeth_altar) -> sudbeth_altar[0](sudbeth_altar)
    15:29:32.085 [data.invalid] [error] Target building level not allowed: The Mongols, wooden_castle -> town, sudbeth_altar_c[0](sudbeth_altar_c) -> sudbeth_altar_c[0](sudbeth_altar_c)
    15:29:32.085 [data.invalid] [error] Target building level not allowed: The Mongols, castle -> large_town, sudbeth_altar_c[0](sudbeth_altar_c) -> sudbeth_altar_c[0](sudbeth_altar_c)
    15:29:32.085 [data.invalid] [error] Target building level not allowed: The Mongols, fortress -> city, sudbeth_altar_c[0](sudbeth_altar_c) -> sudbeth_altar_c[0](sudbeth_altar_c)
    15:29:32.085 [data.invalid] [error] Target building level not allowed: The Mongols, citadel -> city, sudbeth_altar_c[0](sudbeth_altar_c) -> sudbeth_altar_c[0](sudbeth_altar_c)
    15:29:32.085 [data.invalid] [error] Target building level not allowed: Grand Duchy of Lithuania, wooden_castle -> town, temple_pagan_castle[0](dievas_temple_c) -> temple_pagan[0](high_temple)
    15:29:32.085 [data.invalid] [error] Target building level not allowed: Grand Duchy of Lithuania, castle -> large_town, temple_pagan_castle[0](dievas_temple_c) -> temple_pagan[0](high_temple)
    15:29:32.085 [data.invalid] [error] Target building level not allowed: Grand Duchy of Lithuania, fortress -> city, temple_pagan_castle[0](dievas_temple_c) -> temple_pagan[0](high_temple)
    15:29:32.085 [data.invalid] [error] Target building level not allowed: Grand Duchy of Lithuania, citadel -> city, temple_pagan_castle[0](dievas_temple_c) -> temple_pagan[0](high_temple)
    15:31:05.881 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.
    - Gentlemen, we just seized an airfield.
    - That was pretty ninja....

Allright gentlemen.Based on the reports,I've summed up the two major problems so far in CAE v1.4:

1- The UI getting messed up and the afterwards CTD.
    2- The long termed CTD,getting stuck at turn persistent CTDs,and some frequent CTD's in campaigns reported by:

DJ Badass,Greymval,Saszkukspl,Phalanx7,SafBiffa and Nissedruva.

Here is what I will do.I will first make a back up of my whole m2tw,and then a fresh install of m2tw,CAE and Kingdoms.Then I will have to run a test with some factions,trying to finish a campaign.And according to the results I get I will try to find out what's wrong.There may be an incompatibility problem with patch v1.3,not Kingdoms itself.The AI building the lithuanian and mongolian pagan temples may cause a crash.(I don't have patch v1.3 installed but Kingdoms,when installing it I aborted patch v1.3's install).

This may take some considerable amount of time,so please be patient.

For Now pay attention to these points:

1- Don't install patch v1.1
    2- Make sure you have patch v1.2 installed
    3- Before installing the latest version of CAE,make sure you uninstall the previous version.
    4- If your vanilla m2tw directory is different than the C:\Program Files\SEGA directory,while installing the mod please set the installation directory accordingly.
    5- Just use the latest version of CAE v1.4 which is CAE v1.4B,and make sure you don't DOWNLOAD and install any of the fixers including the fixers for CAE v1.3 and CAE v1.4.

Thank you.

I should have got back to you Zeph, your advice worked, it has worked fine ever since

Your fix:

Copy and paste all the content of the unit_models folder in this directory:

C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\data\unit_models

Copy and paste all the subfolders,files under the CAE's unit_models folder and paste them to the vanilla unit_models folder,click yes to overwrite if you're asked that question.

And then please start a campaign with a random faction,preferably one of the new factions.And then please report again,if you still get an unpassable CTD.

Quote Originally Posted by SAF_Biffa View Post
    I should have got back to you Zeph, your advice worked, it has worked fine ever since

Your fix:

Copy and paste all the subfolders,files under the CAE's unit_models folder and paste them to the vanilla unit_models folder,click yes to overwrite if you're asked that question.

And then please start a campaign with a random faction,preferably one of the new factions.And then please report again,if you still get an unpassable CTD.

Geez.. That's both good news and bad news.The bad news is it seems the isolation I applied is causing instability with various crashes.Good news is that according to your report the long termed repeating ctds are over.It's very good that you reported just before I was about to go throught a serious testing process.

But I have a very important question to ask you.What exactly have changed? And at what year did you manage to reach? :hmmm:

ATTENTION:

Everyone that's stuck at a turn,and can't pass it because of a repeating CTD please,apply what is instructed below and see if you can pass the CTD'ing turn,and please report back.Thank you:

Last edited by Zephrelial; February 27, 2008 at 06:07 PM.

I'm having a CTD problem. As the game loads, before it even gets to the main menu, it's crashing. I click the link to open the game, it starts loading, and then it's gone. Doesn't tell me why or anything.

I'm using CAE 1.4B, M2TW (vanilla) 1.3.
    Last edited by mikeb32123; February 27, 2008 at 10:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb32123 View Post
    I'm having a CTD problem. As the game loads, before it even gets to the main menu, it's crashing. I click the link to open the game, it starts loading, and then it's gone. Doesn't tell me why or anything.

I'm using CAE 1.4B, M2TW (vanilla) 1.3.
    In any case you need to have patch v.1.2 installed and v1.1. not installed.I think you either don't have patch v1.2,or you have patch v1.2 but also patch v1.1 installed.

i had recently started a KOJ campaign and when i went to go load it for the first time i keep CTD

log:
    16:40:27.781 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE2
    16:40:27.796 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Apr 23 2007 version bld-medieval2-update2-84 (37970) ===
    16:40:27.921 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_0.pack
    16:40:28.000 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_1.pack
    16:40:28.078 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_2.pack
    16:40:28.171 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_3.pack
    16:40:28.218 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack
    16:40:28.250 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack
    16:40:28.390 [system.io] [warning] open: preferences/player.txt is missing
    16:40:28.390 [system.io] [warning] open: preferences/keys.dat is missing
    16:40:28.390 [system.io] [warning] open: preferences/keys.dat is missing
    16:40:33.359 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for ANISELECT
    16:40:33.390 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_SABOTAGE
    16:40:33.437 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_TRADE
    16:40:33.671 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for DRAGGABLE
    16:40:33.671 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for DRAGGING
    16:40:33.718 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_MULTIPLE_SELECT
    16:40:33.718 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_ATTACK
    16:40:33.718 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_CHARACTER
    16:40:33.718 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_RESOURCE
    16:40:33.718 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_FORT
    16:40:33.718 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_MOVE_OBJECT
    16:40:33.718 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_WATCHTOWER
    16:40:33.718 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_DEPLOYMENT_AREA
    16:40:33.718 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_TILE
    16:40:33.718 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_SPECIAL_PIECE
    16:40:33.718 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PAINT
    16:40:33.718 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_ADJUST_HEIGHTS
    16:40:33.718 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_ADD_UNIT
    16:40:33.718 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_SETTLEMENT
    16:40:40.062 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/mesoamerican/portraits/portraits/young/civilians/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    16:40:40.062 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/mesoamerican/portraits/portraits/young/civilians/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    16:40:40.062 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/mesoamerican/portraits/portraits/young/rogues/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    16:40:40.062 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/mesoamerican/portraits/portraits/young/rogues/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    16:40:40.062 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/mesoamerican/portraits/portraits/young/princesses/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    16:40:40.062 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/mesoamerican/portraits/portraits/young/princesses/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    16:40:40.062 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/mesoamerican/portraits/portraits/young/merchants/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    16:40:40.062 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/mesoamerican/portraits/portraits/young/merchants/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    16:40:40.062 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/mesoamerican/portraits/portraits/young/priests/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    16:40:40.062 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/mesoamerican/portraits/portraits/young/priests/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    16:40:40.062 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/mesoamerican/portraits/portraits/young/heretics/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    16:40:40.062 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/mesoamerican/portraits/portraits/young/heretics/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    16:40:40.078 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/mesoamerican/portraits/portraits/young/witches/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    16:40:40.078 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/mesoamerican/portraits/portraits/young/witches/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    16:40:40.078 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/mesoamerican/portraits/portraits/young/inquisitors/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    16:40:40.078 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/mesoamerican/portraits/portraits/young/inquisitors/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    16:40:40.093 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/civilians/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    16:40:40.093 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/civilians/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    16:40:40.093 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/rogues/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    16:40:40.093 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/rogues/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    16:40:40.093 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/princesses/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    16:40:40.093 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/princesses/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    16:40:40.093 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/merchants/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    16:40:40.093 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/merchants/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    16:40:40.093 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/priests/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    16:40:40.093 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/priests/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    16:40:40.093 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/heretics/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    16:40:40.093 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/heretics/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    16:40:40.093 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/witches/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    16:40:40.093 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/witches/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    16:40:40.093 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/inquisitors/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    16:40:40.093 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/eastern_european/portraits/portraits/young/inquisitors/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    16:40:40.109 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/middle_eastern/portraits/portraits/young/princesses/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    16:40:40.109 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/middle_eastern/portraits/portraits/young/princesses/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    16:40:40.109 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/middle_eastern/portraits/portraits/young/heretics/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    16:40:40.109 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/middle_eastern/portraits/portraits/young/heretics/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    16:40:40.109 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/middle_eastern/portraits/portraits/young/witches/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    16:40:40.109 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/middle_eastern/portraits/portraits/young/witches/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    16:40:40.109 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/middle_eastern/portraits/portraits/young/inquisitors/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    16:40:40.109 [data.missing] [warning] Cannot find the portrait path: data/ui/middle_eastern/portraits/portraits/young/inquisitors/000.tga, using the default culture path if it exists
    16:40:40.140 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 10671, column 23 :
    we should only have trait(Berserker) additional affects for triggers(Battle_Losing_Berserker)
    16:40:40.140 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 10789, column 28 :
    we should only have trait(BattleChivalry) additional affects for triggers(battle3Chivalry_Dread_Not_fighting)
    16:40:40.140 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 10790, column 25 :
    we should only have trait(BattleDread) additional affects for triggers(battle3Chivalry_Dread_Not_fighting)
    16:40:40.140 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 10800, column 28 :
    we should only have trait(BattleChivalry) additional affects for triggers(battle3Chivalry_Dread_Routing)
    16:40:40.140 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 10801, column 25 :
    we should only have trait(BattleDread) additional affects for triggers(battle3Chivalry_Dread_Routing)
    16:40:40.140 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 10813, column 28 :
    we should only have trait(BattleChivalry) additional affects for triggers(battle3Chivalry_Dread_Routing2)
    16:40:40.140 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 10814, column 25 :
    we should only have trait(BattleDread) additional affects for triggers(battle3Chivalry_Dread_Routing2)
    16:40:40.140 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 10855, column 25 :
    we should only have trait(BattleDread) additional affects for triggers(battle3Dread_Let_Them_Go)
    16:40:40.156 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 16753, column 27 :
    we should only have trait(GoodDenouncer) additional affects for triggers(hereticinit1_denouncerclear)
    16:40:40.156 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 16761, column 26 :
    we should only have trait(BadDenouncer) additional affects for triggers(hereticinit1_denouncerclear_bad)
    16:40:40.156 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 16769, column 25 :
    we should only have trait(StrongFaith) additional affects for triggers(hereticinit1_faithclear)
    16:40:40.156 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 16777, column 22 :
    we should only have trait(Purifier) additional affects for triggers(hereticinit1_purifierclear)
    16:40:40.171 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 17702, column 29 :
    we should only have trait(CrusaderHistory) additional affects for triggers(crusades_6)
    16:40:40.171 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 17703, column 30 :
    we should only have trait(StrategyChivalry) additional affects for triggers(crusades_6)
    16:40:40.171 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 17712, column 29 :
    we should only have trait(CrusaderHistory) additional affects for triggers(crusades_7)
    16:40:40.171 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 17755, column 26 :
    we should only have trait(JihadHistory) additional affects for triggers(jihads_7)
    16:40:40.171 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 17756, column 30 :
    we should only have trait(StrategyChivalry) additional affects for triggers(jihads_7)
    16:40:40.171 [script.err] [warning] Trigger parsing warning in data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 17765, column 26 :
    we should only have trait(JihadHistory) additional affects for triggers(jihads_8)
    16:40:40.187 [data.missing] [warning] Failed to find ancillary image data/ui/ancillaries/scribe_ancillary.tga
    16:40:40.187 [data.missing] [warning] Failed to find ancillary image data/ui/ancillaries/security_religious.tga
    16:40:40.187 [data.missing] [warning] Failed to find ancillary image data/ui/ancillaries/security_religious.tga
    16:40:49.312 [system.io] [warning] open: data/text/FactionIntroSubTitles.txt.strings.bin is missing
    16:40:49.921 [system.io] [warning] open: data/loading_screen/loading_bar.tga.dds is missing
    16:40:49.937 [system.io] [warning] open: data/loading_screen/loading_logo.tga.dds is missing
    16:40:51.234 [system.io] [warning] open: data/loading_screen/loading_bar.tga.dds is missing
    16:40:51.625 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/symbols/FE_symbols_80/normans.tga is missing
    16:40:51.625 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/symbols/FE_faction_units/normans.tga is missing
    16:40:51.625 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/symbols/FE_symbols_80/saxons.tga is missing
    16:40:51.625 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/symbols/FE_faction_units/saxons.tga is missing
    16:40:51.625 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/symbols/FE_symbols_80/slave.tga is missing
    16:40:51.625 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/symbols/FE_faction_units/slave.tga is missing
    16:40:51.750 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/_M2_MP_HISTORICAL_BATTLE_CHOOSE_TEAMS.TGA is missing
    16:40:51.828 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/TEXTURES/_M2_MAIN_MENU.TGA is missing
    16:40:52.859 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/buttons_composite2.tga.dds is missing
    16:40:52.875 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/slider_composite.tga.dds is missing
    16:40:52.875 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/slider_composite2.tga.dds is missing
    16:40:52.875 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/border_4pix_black_gold2.tga.dds is missing
    16:40:52.875 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/text_border.tga.dds is missing
    16:40:52.875 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/yellow_highlight.tga.dds is missing
    16:40:52.890 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/border_4pix_black_gold_selected.tga.dds is missing
    16:40:52.890 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/border_4pix_black_gold_black.tga.dds is missing
    16:40:52.890 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/_M2_Selection_Glow.tga.dds is missing
    16:40:52.890 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/unit_card.tga.dds is missing
    16:40:52.890 [system.io] [warning] open: data/menu/icons.tga.dds is missing

HALP

Quote Originally Posted by Zephrelial View Post
    In any case you need to have patch v.1.2 installed and v1.1. not installed.I think you either don't have patch v1.2,or you have patch v1.2 but also patch v1.1 installed.

I'm fairly sure I went straight from 1.0 to 1.3. Are you saying I need to uninstall 1.3, and go back and get 1.2 (and then 1.3 again if I want)?

Outlaw try this:

@Mike- You need the Patch v1.2,it's here

Make a fresh install,then install patch v.1.2,then the mod,and then v1.3.The reason that the mod doesn't start up is not because you have patch v1.3,it's because you DON'T have patch v1.2 installed.

I uninstalled, reinstalled, installed 1.2, and then CAE 1.4b. Same problem. I launch CAE.ico, game starts loading, and crashes before I reach the main menu.

I dont have a vanilla unit_models folder ?

i copied the whole unit folder from CAE to C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\data\

but i still got the same CTD after the battle for Zagreb (me venice, zagreb rebels, turn 2)