Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: CAE v1.4 Bug&CTD Thread

Zephrelial's Avatar Eternal Sorrow
    An ancient castle on a steep windy mountain peak.. away from all mortal eyes...

Default Re: CAE v1.4 Bug&CTD Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Phalanx7 View Post
    Hi. I have CAE v1.4 and MedII v1.3... It's been running fine for the past few days but I get CTD now...
    I'm not sure of the reason but I can't get past 1126AD in the campaign. Anyways I realized that the AI turn that occurs before the crash is that of Egypt's (I'm playing as England btw, no problems with the units or settlements).
    I used toggle_fow.
    I turned on -follow AI movement- and here's what transpired:

An Egyptian diplomat presented something to a full-stack Jerusalem (Crusaders) - probably a rejected bribe or something. Then an Egyptian general with a full stack moves to that area, pushing away the diplomat. My guess is that the AI is attempting to besiege the city (as they called a jihad). Once the diplomat gets pushed from his area, the game crashes, just plain black screen that I'd have to Alt+f4 to get out of.

Any solutions?

ADD:
    Btw, when I installed Kingdoms it automatically patched the game to 1.3.
    I'm pretty sure I got the 1.1 patch (1.1 -> 1.2 -> 1.3) and if that's the problem, would that cause CAE to crash initially/upon launch (because I've been able to play without bugs for the past few days)? Are there any files from the 1.1 patch I could just remove/edit manually so as not to take a long time reinstalling?

I've stressed this many times before,and I won't ever relent to stress this Under no circumstances patch v1.1 should be installed,when CAE is installed this causes a start up CTD,apparently it creates weird unforeseen long termed CTD's.. The main reason for this is probably there are some differences with the dll files between patches 1.1 and 1.2.

It's quite simple: official v1.2 patch is essential for the CAE to run,v1.1 screws CAE up,and patch v1.3 and Kingdoms do no harm to CAE and vice versa.
    Shine on you crazy diamond...

Quote Originally Posted by Zephrelial View Post
    I've stressed this many times before,and I won't ever relent to stress this Under no circumstances patch v1.1 should be installed,when CAE is installed this causes a start up CTD,apparently it creates weird unforeseen long termed CTD's.. The main reason for this is probably there are some differences with the dll files between patches 1.1 and 1.2.

It's quite simple: official v1.2 patch is essential for the CAE to run,v1.1 screws CAE up,and patch v1.3 and Kingdoms do no harm to CAE and vice versa.

Well, I uninstalled everything: Medieval 2, Kingdoms and CAE. Deleted all the folders left.
    Then I reinstalled:
    1. Medieval 2 v1.0
    2. Patched it to 1.2, then 1.3
    3. Installed CAE.
    Result: CTD still at that specific turn/event (details from my previous post)

ADD:
    I'm thinking it may have something to do with that event.
    Egyptian diplomat attempts to offer (bribe?) Jerusalem.
    Egyptian army attempts to siege it and subsequently pushes its diplomat away.
    Then CTD.
    I don't know if some bugged units are in that Egyptian's stack, or in Jerusalem's stack. Is there a command that enables you to view units that are not infiltrated by your spy? Is there a way to remove them?
    ie. create_unit this <wrong unit> -1 0 0 0?
    Last edited by Phalanx7; February 07, 2008 at 12:17 PM.

Ok dudes. One day later, another complete overhaul (uninstall/reinstall).
    1.0 -> 1.2 -> 1.3 -> CAE -> Kingdoms
    Still no dice.

Btw, if I stop the process after patching 1.2, I won't be able my awesome game which was in patch 1.3 so yeah, I really don't want to try see how things go if I just leave it patched to 1.2 (besides, game plays a whole lot better at 1.3).

Anyways, any commands to remove an existing AI army manually?

Ok.... so I was playing as Sweden in hotseat.... I had Hamburg under siege.... when I conquered it after 3 or 4 turns graphics went all wrong and then game collapsed.

Another Thing:
    How do you change spear's militia card? It is a bit ugly and I would like to do a better . (like... where are Sweden's spear militia card files...)

I have 1.3 patch instaled, never 1.1. I understand the problem with abbasid. What about often CTD, it happens in every faction. I have noticed that for example when I was playing Mamluks and I sent diplomat to the region of Lithuania, Poland, Teutonic I can't even press the button NEXT TURN, because CTD occured. I was reinstaling everything so in file system.log there is nothing so far. I am going to start the game once again, then I will post that file as soon as possible.
    Are you plannig finishing Abbasid in future?? When?? Could you give me a clue at least on how to make their flag visible on battle map?

Default campaign trading animation

hi, my problems is that i can't see the campaign background animation, i mean the trading paths on the see are just a green line no little sailing boats. it s the same with the roads. i played the mod and also the original and everywhere it's the same problem. i don't know the cause but if enyone can tell me how to fix it i would be greatfull

Well, I uninstalled everything: Medieval 2, Kingdoms and CAE. Deleted all the folders left.
    Then I reinstalled:
    1. Medieval 2 v1.0
    2. Patched it to 1.2, then 1.3
    3. Installed CAE.
    Result: CTD still at that specific turn/event (details from my previous post)

ADD:
    I'm thinking it may have something to do with that event.
    Egyptian diplomat attempts to offer (bribe?) Jerusalem.
    Egyptian army attempts to siege it and subsequently pushes its diplomat away.
    Then CTD.
    I don't know if some bugged units are in that Egyptian's stack, or in Jerusalem's stack. Is there a command that enables you to view units that are not infiltrated by your spy? Is there a way to remove them?
    ie. create_unit this <wrong unit> -1 0 0 0?

Well I see.The long termed ctd's should be no more because the malfunctioning ctd causing vanquisher and other traits are removed.. If a part of a campaign tile is causing a ctd(assuming as you say the diplomat pushing the diplomat away) This is also unlikely because the map of v1.4 is pretty much the vanilla save for some new cities,but the ground types,and heights everything of the entire map is vanilla.

I doubt that there are any units in the Egyptian roster or the jerusalem roster that would be causing a CTD.The only Egyptian unit that I added was the dismounted mamluk archers,you could test them in battle and see if they CTD or not.

As for the Jerusalem roster it's pretty much unchanged,and I've tested before in custom battles,not a single armour upgrade of any of its units cause a ctd,all of their textures and attachmentsets are included to the mod,so the game doesn't CTD and is able to find them.

This is really strange.Please check the Jerusalem or Egypt roster if you can,I would have done it myself,however can't since my own CAE is not exactly the same as v1.4 CAE.

Also please post your system.log.txt so I can take a look at it,it's located in the directory:

C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\logs

It's also useful to ask you these questions:

Is your m2tw version is a non-English one?
    Where exactly(which directory) have you installed the mod?

Ok dudes. One day later, another complete overhaul (uninstall/reinstall).
    1.0 -> 1.2 -> 1.3 -> CAE -> Kingdoms
    Still no dice.

Btw, if I stop the process after patching 1.2, I won't be able my awesome game which was in patch 1.3 so yeah, I really don't want to try see how things go if I just leave it patched to 1.2 (besides, game plays a whole lot better at 1.3).

Anyways, any commands to remove an existing AI army manually?
    There aren't any commands to remove an existing AI army via consola as far as I'm concerned.

No,don't uninstall patch v1.3 nor Kingdoms.I haven't experienced a long termed CTD in v1.4 and I have Kingdoms installed,too.But somehow it occurs in your game. :hmmm:

The only different installation style I could offer is to skip 1.3 and install Kingdoms,I don't know if this is possible.But I installed all of the campaigns of the Kingdoms,but the game didn't notify me that patch v1.3 is being installed.However when I only chose to install the Teutonic campaign,the installer attempted to install patch v1.3.

Quote Originally Posted by juanguer View Post
    Ok.... so I was playing as Sweden in hotseat.... I had Hamburg under siege.... when I conquered it after 3 or 4 turns graphics went all wrong and then game collapsed.

Another Thing:
    How do you change spear's militia card? It is a bit ugly and I would like to do a better . (like... where are Sweden's spear militia card files...)
    I answered half of this in this thread a page back I believe,asked by another person,and also you pm'd me the samething Juanguer.I answered that as you know.

Quote Originally Posted by SaszkuksPL View Post
    I have 1.3 patch instaled, never 1.1. I understand the problem with abbasid. What about often CTD, it happens in every faction. I have noticed that for example when I was playing Mamluks and I sent diplomat to the region of Lithuania, Poland, Teutonic I can't even press the button NEXT TURN, because CTD occured. I was reinstaling everything so in file system.log there is nothing so far. I am going to start the game once again, then I will post that file as soon as possible.
    Are you plannig finishing Abbasid in future?? When?? Could you give me a clue at least on how to make their flag visible on battle map?

Do you also have patch v1.2 installed as well? It's also necessary for the mod to run properly.Also if you are using a non-English version make sure you copy and paste the content of your vanilla(original) m2tw sound folder over the one in CAE to this directory:

\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\CloudsAcrossEurope\data\sounds

And after that delete,the events.idx and events.dat files.

The completion of the Abbasid roster is within the content of the next version of CAE,which is v1.5 however currently I'm working on the map of CAE v1.5,you can check its progress here
    After the map is completed,the Abbasid roster is next.

Quote Originally Posted by greymval View Post
    hi, my problems is that i can't see the campaign background animation, i mean the trading paths on the see are just a green line no little sailing boats. it s the same with the roads. i played the mod and also the original and everywhere it's the same problem. i don't know the cause but if enyone can tell me how to fix it i would be greatfull
    This is the first time I've heard such a thing.It can be because it's too early in game and the ports and the trade agreements,routes aren't yet established?

Trade routes.tga which the trade routes are indicated, are just within the mod.:hmmm:

Yes I have 1.2 patch installed. I have English version. Map looks nice , So far i am playing with Jerusalem, no CTD occured. If you create new map for 1.5 CAE so the speed of the turns will be then longer than in 1.4?

Yes I have 1.2 patch installed. I have English version. Map looks nice , So far i am playing with Jerusalem, no CTD occured. If you create new map for 1.5 CAE so the speed of the turns will be then longer than in 1.4?

I see.Thanks about the map. I think you mean the movement speed of the armies,instead of the turns?

I did a test and it takes 8 turns for an army to arrive at Samarkand(one of the furthest eastern part of the extended map) from Tbilisi,Georgia.I decided not to increase the movement speed of the armies.This is because only the east of the Caspian is extended,and the distances between the rest of the old settlements is the same.

So if I increase the movement speed of the armies since the effect is global,say a French army will be able to besiege and arrive at a HRE or an English settlement(eg.Caen) much quicker,and it doesn't make sense since the distances between the western cities,all the way to the west side of the Caspian are the same.

However I decided to increase the movement speed of agents such as diplomats and spies by 10%.
    Last edited by Zephrelial; February 11, 2008 at 08:58 AM.

My english is not very good, so I have problems to explain my thoughts. What I mean by turn speed was the time when you pressed the Next Turn icon and you have to wait for your turn. In mods with larger map it took more time to start again. One of things that I like your WORK OF ART the most is because I did not have to wait, I am not very patient person
    One more thing maybe good idea would be to add on your new map 2-3 regions in British Isles, Region Sinope, Athens. That are only Four things

Since I've already loaded patch 1.1 - then 1.2 & 1.3 on top of that (no problem running MTWII, Kingdoms, or Lithuania Mod 1.0). Do I have to delete all and make a new clean install. Really want to get CAE up and running. CTD immediate upon moving from the faction selection screen to the game.

s/f
    Couv

i have ports and trade routs and still no boats or cariages. i first thought it was something with the mod. i also checked in the originals and in kingdoms.. same problems. i ve unistalled all and reinstalled... and i m stuck.. if u have any ideas to make it work pls tell me. it's becoming an obsession)

My english is not very good, so I have problems to explain my thoughts. What I mean by turn speed was the time when you pressed the Next Turn icon and you have to wait for your turn. In mods with larger map it took more time to start again. One of things that I like your WORK OF ART the most is because I did not have to wait, I am not very patient person
    One more thing maybe good idea would be to add on your new map 2-3 regions in British Isles, Region Sinope, Athens. That are only Four things
    Oh sorry I misunderstood that than.. Well technically what you say is true.But luckily in our case I doubt that the waiting turn will be prolonged.And the waiting time between turns will be more time consuming.

Here is the vanilla size of the map:

VANILLA
    width: 591pix
    height: 379pix

NEW
    width: 731 pix -Based on map_heights comparision.
    height: 379pix

Yet still I don't think the waiting time will be too long.Just a bit longer.
    I intend to make additions to Balkans to make space for the Ottoman invasion,however this will be problematic.Btw please post any questions or suggestions related to the map to the CAE MAP thread.

Quote Originally Posted by captcouv View Post
    Since I've already loaded patch 1.1 - then 1.2 & 1.3 on top of that (no problem running MTWII, Kingdoms, or Lithuania Mod 1.0). Do I have to delete all and make a new clean install. Really want to get CAE up and running. CTD immediate upon moving from the faction selection screen to the game.

s/f
    Couv

My dear friend it's indicated in the mod's download section in great sized red fonts that patch v1.1 is NOT compatible with the mod.It shouldn't be installed.

Whatever you do just don't install patch v1.1 ,you NEED patch v1.2 ,and Kingdoms,v1.3 are just fine,doesn't matter whether you install them or not.

Quote Originally Posted by greymval View Post
    i have ports and trade routs and still no boats or cariages. i first thought it was something with the mod. i also checked in the originals and in kingdoms.. same problems. i ve unistalled all and reinstalled... and i m stuck.. if u have any ideas to make it work pls tell me. it's becoming an obsession)

Shortly after you posted that report I got curious and tested to see whether the animations occured or not.The ships were visible and the caravans were also.

This isn't an issue with CAE.However PM me,I'll try to help you with this particular problem.
    Last edited by Zephrelial; February 12, 2008 at 01:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephrelial View Post
    My dear friend it's indicated in the mod's download section in great sized red fonts that patch v1.1 is NOT compatible with the mod.It shouldn't be installed.

Whatever you do just don't install patch v1.1 ,you NEED patch v1.2 ,and Kingdoms,v1.3 are just fine,doesn't matter whether you install them or not.
    Well, I'm old, tired and just plain cranky lately. To play CAE, I'll now have to delete all and reload completely fresh.:hmmm: Please indicate in your download section that for people (like me) who ALREADY had patch v1.1 installed BEFORE they even aquired CAE - they'll need a fresh load of the game. Yes, it's implied, but not specific. (In my own adled brain - I figured having installed v1.2 & v1.3 overlayed the v1.1 problems).

Thanks,
    Couv

Quote Originally Posted by captcouv View Post
    Well, I'm old, tired and just plain cranky lately. To play CAE, I'll now have to delete all and reload completely fresh.:hmmm: Please indicate in your download section that for people (like me) who ALREADY had patch v1.1 installed BEFORE they even aquired CAE - they'll need a fresh load of the game. Yes, it's implied, but not specific. (In my own adled brain - I figured having installed v1.2 & v1.3 overlayed the v1.1 problems).

Thanks,
    Couv

I understand your position.I've edited the warning both in mod's download section and in the download link thread as well.

Instal is fine followed instructions, been playing England, whatever I do it will crash 'Winter 1190' just as the game turn process's Caliphate of Abbasid.

Sounds like the Mongols are trying to build something they shouldnt.

Log details:

10:56:00.500 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack
    10:56:03.968 [script.err] [error] Script Error in CloudsAcrossEurope/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 5848, column 2
    Building DB error - faction mongols has gap in building prior to masjid (unavailable at level zero)
    10:56:03.984 [data.invalid] [error] Target building level not allowed: The Mongols, town -> wooden_castle, sudbeth_altar[0](sudbeth_altar) -> sudbeth_altar[0](sudbeth_altar)
    10:56:03.984 [data.invalid] [error] Target building level not allowed: The Mongols, large_town -> castle, temple_muslim[1](masjid) -> temple_muslim_castle[1](c_masjid)
    10:56:03.984 [data.invalid] [error] Target building level not allowed: The Mongols, large_town -> castle, sudbeth_altar[0](sudbeth_altar) -> sudbeth_altar[0](sudbeth_altar)
    10:56:03.984 [data.invalid] [error] Target building level not allowed: The Mongols, wooden_castle -> town, sudbeth_altar_c[0](sudbeth_altar_c) -> sudbeth_altar_c[0](sudbeth_altar_c)
    10:56:03.984 [data.invalid] [error] Target building level not allowed: The Mongols, castle -> large_town, sudbeth_altar_c[0](sudbeth_altar_c) -> sudbeth_altar_c[0](sudbeth_altar_c)
    10:56:03.984 [data.invalid] [error] Target building level not allowed: The Mongols, fortress -> city, sudbeth_altar_c[0](sudbeth_altar_c) -> sudbeth_altar_c[0](sudbeth_altar_c)
    10:56:03.984 [data.invalid] [error] Target building level not allowed: The Mongols, citadel -> city, sudbeth_altar_c[0](sudbeth_altar_c) -> sudbeth_altar_c[0](sudbeth_altar_c)
    10:56:03.984 [data.invalid] [error] Target building level not allowed: Grand Duchy of Lithuania, wooden_castle -> town, temple_pagan_castle[0](dievas_temple_c) -> temple_pagan[0](high_temple)
    10:56:03.984 [data.invalid] [error] Target building level not allowed: Grand Duchy of Lithuania, castle -> large_town, temple_pagan_castle[0](dievas_temple_c) -> temple_pagan[0](high_temple)
    10:56:03.984 [data.invalid] [error] Target building level not allowed: Grand Duchy of Lithuania, fortress -> city, temple_pagan_castle[0](dievas_temple_c) -> temple_pagan[0](high_temple)
    10:56:03.984 [data.invalid] [error] Target building level not allowed: Grand Duchy of Lithuania, citadel -> city, temple_pagan_castle[0](dievas_temple_c) -> temple_pagan[0](high_temple)
    10:58:19.718 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

Quote Originally Posted by SAF_Biffa View Post
    Instal is fine followed instructions, been playing England, whatever I do it will crash 'Winter 1190' just as the game turn process's Caliphate of Abbasid.

Sounds like the Mongols are trying to build something they shouldnt.

Log details:

10:56:00.500 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack
    10:56:03.968 [script.err] [error] Script Error in CloudsAcrossEurope/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 5848, column 2
    Building DB error - faction mongols has gap in building prior to masjid (unavailable at level zero)
    10:56:03.984 [data.invalid] [error] Target building level not allowed: The Mongols, town -> wooden_castle, sudbeth_altar[0](sudbeth_altar) -> sudbeth_altar[0](sudbeth_altar)
    10:56:03.984 [data.invalid] [error] Target building level not allowed: The Mongols, large_town -> castle, temple_muslim[1](masjid) -> temple_muslim_castle[1](c_masjid)
    10:56:03.984 [data.invalid] [error] Target building level not allowed: The Mongols, large_town -> castle, sudbeth_altar[0](sudbeth_altar) -> sudbeth_altar[0](sudbeth_altar)
    10:56:03.984 [data.invalid] [error] Target building level not allowed: The Mongols, wooden_castle -> town, sudbeth_altar_c[0](sudbeth_altar_c) -> sudbeth_altar_c[0](sudbeth_altar_c)
    10:56:03.984 [data.invalid] [error] Target building level not allowed: The Mongols, castle -> large_town, sudbeth_altar_c[0](sudbeth_altar_c) -> sudbeth_altar_c[0](sudbeth_altar_c)
    10:56:03.984 [data.invalid] [error] Target building level not allowed: The Mongols, fortress -> city, sudbeth_altar_c[0](sudbeth_altar_c) -> sudbeth_altar_c[0](sudbeth_altar_c)
    10:56:03.984 [data.invalid] [error] Target building level not allowed: The Mongols, citadel -> city, sudbeth_altar_c[0](sudbeth_altar_c) -> sudbeth_altar_c[0](sudbeth_altar_c)
    10:56:03.984 [data.invalid] [error] Target building level not allowed: Grand Duchy of Lithuania, wooden_castle -> town, temple_pagan_castle[0](dievas_temple_c) -> temple_pagan[0](high_temple)
    10:56:03.984 [data.invalid] [error] Target building level not allowed: Grand Duchy of Lithuania, castle -> large_town, temple_pagan_castle[0](dievas_temple_c) -> temple_pagan[0](high_temple)
    10:56:03.984 [data.invalid] [error] Target building level not allowed: Grand Duchy of Lithuania, fortress -> city, temple_pagan_castle[0](dievas_temple_c) -> temple_pagan[0](high_temple)
    10:56:03.984 [data.invalid] [error] Target building level not allowed: Grand Duchy of Lithuania, citadel -> city, temple_pagan_castle[0](dievas_temple_c) -> temple_pagan[0](high_temple)
    10:58:19.718 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

SAF,The if the AI builds the altar of sudbeth,the game doesn't crash the players are able to build it,and so is the AI and believe me it doesn't lead to a CTD.They take place in the log because mongols aren't specified as a seperate culture,since their culture is still middle_eastern the game doesn't accept the pagan buildings at least in the log.

About the crash unfortunately I am not sure what might be causing it.I need to make a detailed checking of abbasids..

Tried Scillians think I got about 30 years maybe less then crash.

11:47:03.281 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE2
    11:47:03.312 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Apr 23 2007 version bld-medieval2-update2-84 (37970) ===
    11:47:03.390 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_0.pack
    11:47:03.468 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_1.pack
    11:47:03.562 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_2.pack
    11:47:03.625 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_3.pack
    11:47:03.671 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack
    11:47:03.687 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack
    11:47:15.953 [script.err] [error] Script Error in CloudsAcrossEurope/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 5848, column 2
    11:47:15.953 [data.invalid] [error] Target building level not allowed: The Mongols, town -> wooden_castle, sudbeth_altar[0](sudbeth_altar) -> sudbeth_altar[0](sudbeth_altar)
    11:47:15.953 [data.invalid] [error] Target building level not allowed: The Mongols, large_town -> castle, temple_muslim[1](masjid) -> temple_muslim_castle[1](c_masjid)
    11:47:15.953 [data.invalid] [error] Target building level not allowed: The Mongols, large_town -> castle, sudbeth_altar[0](sudbeth_altar) -> sudbeth_altar[0](sudbeth_altar)
    11:47:15.953 [data.invalid] [error] Target building level not allowed: The Mongols, wooden_castle -> town, sudbeth_altar_c[0](sudbeth_altar_c) -> sudbeth_altar_c[0](sudbeth_altar_c)
    11:47:15.953 [data.invalid] [error] Target building level not allowed: The Mongols, castle -> large_town, sudbeth_altar_c[0](sudbeth_altar_c) -> sudbeth_altar_c[0](sudbeth_altar_c)
    11:47:15.953 [data.invalid] [error] Target building level not allowed: The Mongols, fortress -> city, sudbeth_altar_c[0](sudbeth_altar_c) -> sudbeth_altar_c[0](sudbeth_altar_c)
    11:47:15.953 [data.invalid] [error] Target building level not allowed: The Mongols, citadel -> city, sudbeth_altar_c[0](sudbeth_altar_c) -> sudbeth_altar_c[0](sudbeth_altar_c)
    11:47:15.953 [data.invalid] [error] Target building level not allowed: Grand Duchy of Lithuania, wooden_castle -> town, temple_pagan_castle[0](dievas_temple_c) -> temple_pagan[0](high_temple)
    11:47:15.953 [data.invalid] [error] Target building level not allowed: Grand Duchy of Lithuania, castle -> large_town, temple_pagan_castle[0](dievas_temple_c) -> temple_pagan[0](high_temple)
    11:47:15.953 [data.invalid] [error] Target building level not allowed: Grand Duchy of Lithuania, fortress -> city, temple_pagan_castle[0](dievas_temple_c) -> temple_pagan[0](high_temple)
    11:47:15.953 [data.invalid] [error] Target building level not allowed: Grand Duchy of Lithuania, citadel -> city, temple_pagan_castle[0](dievas_temple_c) -> temple_pagan[0](high_temple)
    14:26:26.703 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

Quote Originally Posted by SAF_Biffa View Post
    Tried Scillians think I got about 30 years maybe less then crash.

11:47:03.281 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE2
    11:47:03.312 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Apr 23 2007 version bld-medieval2-update2-84 (37970) ===
    11:47:03.390 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_0.pack
    11:47:03.468 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_1.pack
    11:47:03.562 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_2.pack
    11:47:03.625 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_3.pack
    11:47:03.671 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack
    11:47:03.687 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack
    11:47:15.953 [script.err] [error] Script Error in CloudsAcrossEurope/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 5848, column 2
    11:47:15.953 [data.invalid] [error] Target building level not allowed: The Mongols, town -> wooden_castle, sudbeth_altar[0](sudbeth_altar) -> sudbeth_altar[0](sudbeth_altar)
    11:47:15.953 [data.invalid] [error] Target building level not allowed: The Mongols, large_town -> castle, temple_muslim[1](masjid) -> temple_muslim_castle[1](c_masjid)
    11:47:15.953 [data.invalid] [error] Target building level not allowed: The Mongols, large_town -> castle, sudbeth_altar[0](sudbeth_altar) -> sudbeth_altar[0](sudbeth_altar)
    11:47:15.953 [data.invalid] [error] Target building level not allowed: The Mongols, wooden_castle -> town, sudbeth_altar_c[0](sudbeth_altar_c) -> sudbeth_altar_c[0](sudbeth_altar_c)
    11:47:15.953 [data.invalid] [error] Target building level not allowed: The Mongols, castle -> large_town, sudbeth_altar_c[0](sudbeth_altar_c) -> sudbeth_altar_c[0](sudbeth_altar_c)
    11:47:15.953 [data.invalid] [error] Target building level not allowed: The Mongols, fortress -> city, sudbeth_altar_c[0](sudbeth_altar_c) -> sudbeth_altar_c[0](sudbeth_altar_c)
    11:47:15.953 [data.invalid] [error] Target building level not allowed: The Mongols, citadel -> city, sudbeth_altar_c[0](sudbeth_altar_c) -> sudbeth_altar_c[0](sudbeth_altar_c)
    11:47:15.953 [data.invalid] [error] Target building level not allowed: Grand Duchy of Lithuania, wooden_castle -> town, temple_pagan_castle[0](dievas_temple_c) -> temple_pagan[0](high_temple)
    11:47:15.953 [data.invalid] [error] Target building level not allowed: Grand Duchy of Lithuania, castle -> large_town, temple_pagan_castle[0](dievas_temple_c) -> temple_pagan[0](high_temple)
    11:47:15.953 [data.invalid] [error] Target building level not allowed: Grand Duchy of Lithuania, fortress -> city, temple_pagan_castle[0](dievas_temple_c) -> temple_pagan[0](high_temple)
    11:47:15.953 [data.invalid] [error] Target building level not allowed: Grand Duchy of Lithuania, citadel -> city, temple_pagan_castle[0](dievas_temple_c) -> temple_pagan[0](high_temple)
    14:26:26.703 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

Unfortunately there is nothing in the log that indicates what might be causing the CTD.I have only one suggestion that I can think of..

Copy and paste all the content of the unit_models folder in this directory:

C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\CloudsAcrossEurope\data

And paste it to the vanilla directory which exactly is as followed:

C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\data\unit_models

Copy and paste all the subfolders,files under the CAE's unit_models folder and paste them to the vanilla unit_models folder,click yes to overwrite if you're asked that question.

And then please start a campaign with a random faction,preferably one of the new factions.And then please report again,if you still get an unpassable CTD.

Enjoying CAE thus far. Though, I'm missing textures in English catapult soldiers.

They're all 'blinged out' in chrome.