Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: CAE v1.4 Bug&CTD Thread

Default Re: CAE v1.4 Bug&CTD Thread

Hi, I tried both (auto-resolve or playing) and it always crash while going back to the campaign map, after reading the result and/or statistics of the battle and clicking the box.
    Thanks for taking care...

Zephrelial's Avatar Eternal Sorrow
    An ancient castle on a steep windy mountain peak.. away from all mortal eyes...

Quote Originally Posted by Raskol View Post
    Hi, I tried both (auto-resolve or playing) and it always crash while going back to the campaign map, after reading the result and/or statistics of the battle and clicking the box.
    Thanks for taking care...
    Ok I'll now just choose and the kwarizmians and will besiege Tbilisi then try auto resolve and see if I get the crash,too..
    Shine on you crazy diamond...

Ok I've tried auto-resolved and sacked,conquered the city no ctd occured,here it is:

However obviously something not right in your case.. :hmmm:Before installing CAE v1.4 did you uninstall v1.3? (and deleted maually any cloudsacrosseurope folders that might have been left after uninstallation?)

Hey, you got a great army !!
    Thanks, then the problem come from my installation.
    I put the game on the program partition ( D: ) which was clean. There is perhaps weird things on the system partition ( C: ) . Anyway, don't worry, I'll totally clean up my computer and see how does it work. Thanks for all and thanks for the game!

Quote Originally Posted by Raskol View Post
    Hey, you got a great army !!
    Thanks, then the problem come from my installation.
    I put the game on the program partition ( D: ) which was clean. There is perhaps weird things on the system partition ( C: ) . Anyway, don't worry, I'll totally clean up my computer and see how does it work. Thanks for all and thanks for the game!
    Ah.. got it.Well I hope all will work out fine.. Have a great game

Hyperion's Avatar Foederatus

I'm playing as Sweden. When I try to unload a diplomat from a ship the game freezes into a loop. It is not a CTD, but the same sound clip just keeps playing over and over. I can still move the cursor around the screen, but it is just the hourglass. I was moving the diplomat from Stockholm to Riga when it first happened, but I get the same result at any unload point.

So far I love the mod. I'm only a few turns in, but I've been tracking the progress of 1.4 for awhile now. Keep up the good work.

Default CTD Walachia

i was playing with walachia and in the first few rounds i pressed to build a pirate ship, double click to read the details about it, and the image became interfered with the clouds from the description pic. when i closed it and pressed end turn, it crashed to desktop.

when playing mods with new factions i expect them to crash sooner or later, i always hope for later).
    anyway thanks for introducing principates of valahorum- a dream came true

Hello I´m playing the mongols and in the beginning the game crashes automaticly when u click on troops or persons.... i think it is also relatet to the upgrading problem.....

I have MT2 1.3 and i downloaded the latest CAE 1.4 and installed it
    Last edited by wolfi; February 01, 2008 at 08:22 AM.

When I play with Milan, I loose 1,5 million each turn becausse of a kings purse.. sucks really

Icon4 Crash

Serrious crashes occur when i try to check unit details list. For eg: i open the details for a barracks i intend to build and from there i open the details for a unit wich will be available.the next minute.. the screen goes nuts, and if the game won't stuck and i reach the end turn button, it crashes to desktop.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyperion View Post
    I'm playing as Sweden. When I try to unload a diplomat from a ship the game freezes into a loop. It is not a CTD, but the same sound clip just keeps playing over and over. I can still move the cursor around the screen, but it is just the hourglass. I was moving the diplomat from Stockholm to Riga when it first happened, but I get the same result at any unload point.

So far I love the mod. I'm only a few turns in, but I've been tracking the progress of 1.4 for awhile now. Keep up the good work.
    I will test this and see if I experience the samething as well.Thanks for reporting this awkard problem.

Default Re: CTD Walachia

Quote Originally Posted by greymval View Post
    i was playing with walachia and in the first few rounds i pressed to build a pirate ship, double click to read the details about it, and the image became interfered with the clouds from the description pic. when i closed it and pressed end turn, it crashed to desktop.

when playing mods with new factions i expect them to crash sooner or later, i always hope for later).
    anyway thanks for introducing principates of valahorum- a dream came true
    Unfortunately greymval I'm aware of this problem and I know how to fix it and what exactly causes it,but I can't.

I was informed by SV that the reason for that graphical mess and the afterwards CTD,is caused by the modpage.tga that includes all the faction symbols of the new factions.

For that to be fixed I need to use the vanilla sharedpage.tgas and implement the faction symbols there.The problem is there is no space there at all for all the logos to be implemented,and I can't put the new faction logos over the vanilla ones,since they are also being used by vanilla factions,which take place in CAE's campaign.

I haven't yet tried to put the symbols in some empty areas(in black colour) and specify the entries in the related file.If that works when I'll try it the problem will be over.
    Last edited by Zephrelial; February 09, 2008 at 09:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfi View Post
    Hello I´m playing the mongols and in the beginning the game crashes automaticly when u click on troops or persons.... i think it is also relatet to the upgrading problem.....

I have MT2 1.3 and i downloaded the latest CAE 1.4 and installed it
    Well if you are using some other language version of CAE other than english,just copy and paste the contents of your main m2tw vanilla sound folder to the following directory:

C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\CloudsAcrossEurope\data\sounds

and afterwards delete these files:

-Events.dat
    -Events.idx

Also CAE still requires the patch v1.2 installed to run properly.If you don't have it I install you download and apply the patch.

Quote Originally Posted by SencilaDeux View Post
    When I play with Milan, I loose 1,5 million each turn becausse of a kings purse.. sucks really
    It seems I've mixed the content of the passive milan of the optional folder with that of milan's.Here I'm attaching the proper version.Download and Extract the 16.9kb sized zip and please copy and paste descr_strat.txt file to this directory in order to fix the problem,and then restart with milan:

Default Re: Crash

Serrious crashes occur when i try to check unit details list. For eg: i open the details for a barracks i intend to build and from there i open the details for a unit wich will be available.the next minute.. the screen goes nuts, and if the game won't stuck and i reach the end turn button, it crashes to desktop.
    This is the same problem as you reported a few posts back before greymval.

Default cummulated trauma dissorder?

year 1306, wallachia ending turn, and when the turn of lithuania arrives the game always exits. too bad i was starting to enjoy conquering.

Default Re: cummulated trauma dissorder?

year 1306, wallachia ending turn, and when the turn of lithuania arrives the game always exits. too bad i was starting to enjoy conquering.
    Do you mean you can't pass the turn of 1306 and you always get a CTD at the turn of Lithuania? :hmmm:

I wanted to play as Abbasid, but some units do not have textures, I mean they look strange like if made of water. Units are :
    Peasants,Sudanese Trbesmen, Sudanese Javelinmen, Naffatum, Desert Archers, Arab Cavalary, Turkish Horse archers, Turkomans.
    Besides on battle map, flag is dark. Could anyone help?
    One more thing I get very often CTD, especially when turn change.
    Last edited by SaszkuksPL; February 05, 2008 at 03:10 PM.

Hi. I have CAE v1.4 and MedII v1.3... It's been running fine for the past few days but I get CTD now...
    I'm not sure of the reason but I can't get past 1126AD in the campaign. Anyways I realized that the AI turn that occurs before the crash is that of Egypt's (I'm playing as England btw, no problems with the units or settlements).
    I used toggle_fow.
    I turned on -follow AI movement- and here's what transpired:

An Egyptian diplomat presented something to a full-stack Jerusalem (Crusaders) - probably a rejected bribe or something. Then an Egyptian general with a full stack moves to that area, pushing away the diplomat. My guess is that the AI is attempting to besiege the city (as they called a jihad). Once the diplomat gets pushed from his area, the game crashes, just plain black screen that I'd have to Alt+f4 to get out of.

Any solutions?

ADD:
    Btw, when I installed Kingdoms it automatically patched the game to 1.3.
    I'm pretty sure I got the 1.1 patch (1.1 -> 1.2 -> 1.3) and if that's the problem, would that cause CAE to crash initially/upon launch (because I've been able to play without bugs for the past few days)? Are there any files from the 1.1 patch I could just remove/edit manually so as not to take a long time reinstalling?
    Last edited by Phalanx7; February 07, 2008 at 09:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SaszkuksPL View Post
    I wanted to play as Abbasid, but some units do not have textures, I mean they look strange like if made of water. Units are :
    Peasants,Sudanese Trbesmen, Sudanese Javelinmen, Naffatum, Desert Archers, Arab Cavalary, Turkish Horse archers, Turkomans.
    Besides on battle map, flag is dark. Could anyone help?
    One more thing I get very often CTD, especially when turn change.
    I were working on the rest of the Abbasid roster before deciding to release v1.4 when Sweden and Georgia were completed.Those units you mention are not supposed to be within 1.4,they are not completed.I assume you tested the Abbasids in the custom battle.The uncompleted units do not take place in the grand campaign.So disregard them for now.

The Abbasid flag was also planned to be added for v1.4 but it couldn't make it since I decided to release v1.4 earlier than I planned.

" One more thing I get very often CTD, especially when turn change."

Do you have the patch v1.2 installed? Do you somehow have patch v1.1 installed?

Please post your log here,and with which faction or factions do you get CTD?

Your systemlog.txt is located at the following directory:

C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\logs