Page 94 of 103 FirstFirst ... 446984858687888990919293949596979899100101102103 LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,880 of 2044

Thread: What games are you currently playing?

Dracula's Avatar Praefectus

Default Re: What games are you currently playing?

Quote Originally Posted by Lucem Mundum View Post
    Dragon Age: Inquisition
    What do you do in this game ?

Quote Originally Posted by Dracula View Post
    What do you do in this game ?
    It's a story-based RPG where you have to rely heavily on your followers in combat, and building relationships with them (friendly, romantic, antagonistic, etc) The choices you make matter, and also how you approach certain missions will affect your relationship with some followers, and will also build up your character's personality (you can notice gradual change overtime, for example, the more you choose the hostile option on dialogue the more your character sounds angry when he talks.

You can choose between the 3 typical RPG classes (Rogue, Mage, and Warrior), but you can become more specialized by upgrading your skill tree, for example, you can play a mage who focuses on frost magic, etc. When it come to choosing your race, there are 4, three of which are typical, and one is unique to the Dragon Age universe, but its concept might not be that "new". Humans, Elves, Dwarves, and Qunari (a horned-humanoid race). Each race has different passive traits, such as the Qunaris' inability to wear helmets (due to their horns), but instead they have face paint, which is their equivalent to the helmets, another trait is their 10% resistance to physical damage.

I don't want to say anything about the story because it ruins the experience. It is always more fun to explore a new video game's universe without knowing it.

Dracula's Avatar Praefectus

Yeah I agree. Maybe an interesting game.

Mhaedros's Avatar Brave Heart Tegan
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

I'm finally playing Darkest Dungeon. About 5 hours in, started a first game which failed terribly (lost 9 heroes in 3 dungeons due to my inability to see when a battle is lost), and now on a second which is going better (by which I mean I've fought the first boss and won). Really enjo..okay not enjoyable, but amazing game
    Under the patronage of Finlander. Once patron to someone, no longer.
    Content's well good, innit.

Quote Originally Posted by Mhaedros View Post
    I'm finally playing Darkest Dungeon. About 5 hours in, started a first game which failed terribly (lost 9 heroes in 3 dungeons due to my inability to see when a battle is lost), and now on a second which is going better (by which I mean I've fought the first boss and won). Really enjo..okay not enjoyable, but amazing game
    I was actually thinking about buying the game when it gets cheaper. I noticed it has a very detailed art style, but I don't know much about it. Is it really worth it?

Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lucem Mundum View Post
    I was actually thinking about buying the game when it gets cheaper. I noticed it has a very detailed art style, but I don't know much about it. Is it really worth it?
    Well I really like it, but it's definitely not for everyone. I'd recommend watching a youtuber play it for a bit (I know totalbiscuit did a WTF is on it) to see if you might like it. It has fantastic art and music, but if you're someone who can't stand loosing a soldier, you might find it a bit too rough.

Hetman Khmelnytsky's Avatar Senator

I play Zombie Army Trilogy as my preferred shooter for now, better than today's crap like CoD.

Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Having finished Xcom 2 I'm finally getting around to beating Apotheon. That game is just pretty, so very pretty.

mircea's Avatar Biarchus

War in the pacific - Admiral's Edition, which is the most exhaustive game about the Pacific theatre of WW2, also one of the hardest to master

eXistenZ's Avatar Praeses

Having finished Xcom 2 I'm finally getting around to beating Apotheon. That game is just pretty, so very pretty.
    Im gonna have to start my commander playthrough in it, but havent had a chance to look at the mods yet.

Speaking of pretty games, Im playing AC Chronicles India and Russia, which have a great artwork and sound to it. Pretty cheap when you use a coupon, and gameplay is pretty solid and fun.

Other than that, rocket league with some coworkers, although I suck

Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by eXistenZ View Post
    Im gonna have to start my commander playthrough in it, but havent had a chance to look at the mods yet.

Speaking of pretty games, Im playing AC Chronicles India and Russia, which have a great artwork and sound to it. Pretty cheap when you use a coupon, and gameplay is pretty solid and fun.

Other than that, rocket league with some coworkers, although I suck
    So you'd recommend AC Chronicles then? I've been looking at them for quite a while, but negative reviews have put me off for now...

So you'd recommend AC Chronicles then? I've been looking at them for quite a while, but negative reviews have put me off for now...
    I got all three games in total for €16 (because I had the Unity season pass, China was free, and then -20% on the two others). As long as you dont expect a full AAA AC game for that price, you cant do much wrong. The story isnt that special, and the stealth set up actually makes it sometimes feel more like a Splinter cell game. So it is quite a difficult game if you go full ghost, unlike standard AC games.

I would probably give it a 7.5/10, its not special, but its solid in its gameplay (unlike Unity) with very nice artwork and sound

Yerevan's Avatar Campidoctor

At the moment I'm playing Underrail (an amazing apocalyptic isometric rpg) and Endless Legend (beautifull in many ways but a bit boring).

Has anyone played Graviteam Mius Front ? This game seems to have very intricate tactical and strategical layers, somehow, it reminds me total war games for this reason. With Barbarossa Decisive Campaign and IGG fleet somethinfg it's the 3 wargames I want to try. Thing is I can't find time to play games that require long sessions just like TW.
    " Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room! "

At the moment I'm playing Victoria II and Pharaon (Caesar 3 - based game).

If anyone played Patrician3 ? Or may be someone wrote AAR about it?

1. Stellaris

Well the first one is too immersive. Leaves no time for anything else. Even took a sick leave yesterday.

Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Stellaris, the new Hitman and DuckTales Remastered.

I love them all to varying degrees, but I'm terribly crap at Ducktales I'm afraid.

Kahvipannu's Avatar Bring me Solo & wookie

Is Stellaris worth buying now, or should one wait for mods, updates, and expansions? People have been saying it is good, but in terms of being Paradox game, a tad barebones. Just thinking I don't wanna get a massive time sink atm if that is the case, I would rather wait a bit.

Currently playing Banner Saga 2, as good as the first one, haven't finished it yet, but loving it.

Offcours its gonna ba barebones when you compared it to a €200 EU4 with all the expansions. They will put most gameplay in overpriced expansions and dlc that take ages to go on sale. Up untill the point they make so much dlc the game is broken beyond repair (like the state of CK2 now, and the way EU4 is heading)

So best not to make it a moneysink in the first place and avoid it. If you're going for a strategy space game, either galciv 3 which is on sale now, or wait for Endless Space 2.

OT: I fixed Breach and Clear so now completing that one. Waiting for a few people to come online so we can start and Endless Legend campaign.

And occasionally "free" fifa 16 which has the same issues as the previous game...

I tested Stellaris a bit too, and I agree that it's a bit barebones, especially diplomacy; trading and such things are def missed. It even misses map modes atm. Game still keeps you busy though, and there's def some things that need fixing, especially the Sectors are not working properly.

I'm currently playing the Mass Effect series for the first time, just finished the second one.

I also need to finish my second Witcher playthrough before Blood&Wine comes out. I had left the final quests untouched because I didn't want it to end, but then I didn't have the motivation to finish it anymore.

I really wish I could erase my memory and experience this glorious game for the first time again.

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

Quote Originally Posted by Kahvipannu View Post
    Is Stellaris worth buying now, or should one wait for mods, updates, and expansions? People have been saying it is good, but in terms of being Paradox game, a tad barebones. Just thinking I don't wanna get a massive time sink atm if that is the case, I would rather wait a bit.

Currently playing Banner Saga 2, as good as the first one, haven't finished it yet, but loving it.
    Stellarsi is pretty fun as it is but it's very basic. More so than Ck 2 at launch, if it doesn't bother you go for it.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!