Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Faction - Kingdom of Hungary

Default Re: Faction-Kingdom of Hungary

I knew for it , just didn't want to be rude and say we have that, because we appreciate any kind of help . So please just keep up you doing a great job
    The House of Wilpuri ~ Proud Patron of: The Noble Lord & Sumskilz

Matthćus's Avatar Knez Bribirski

Hungarian flags ( alpha channels visible )

on xp flags of Hungary you can find:

Angevin - fleur de lis
    red-white stripes
    double crosses (4x - I think thats enough)
    coat of arms of noble families:
    Garai
    Banffy
    Hunyadi
    Cilli
    Lackfi
    Frankapan
    Last edited by Matthćus; January 30, 2008 at 06:16 AM.

\Vazul's Ghost/'s Avatar Senator

Icon7 Re: Faction-Kingdom of Hungary

Looks great.
    (4x - I think thats enough)
    Yes plenty. I'm not TOO obsessed with it I just thought for both historical and cultural accuracy they should be included somewhat.

Its great to see some Hunyad flags, and those other exp. banners are very interesting too!

Great stuff. Keep up the good work
    γνῶθι σεαυτόν ~ μηδὲν ἄγαν

Hey everybody Great work

Ahd what about the Black Army flag?

Hungarian units
    Cavalry:

1. Royal Banderium - the same unit as exists right now
    2. Baronial Banderium - the same model and texture as Gendarmes unit in the original MTW2 game, but riding unbarded horses
    3. County Banderium - Can use the Venetian heavy infantry model, without the shield, with a lance as primary weapon, and sword or that warhammer as secondary, alternatively the mounted crossbowmen modfel (the version with the updated armour)
    4. Mounted crossbowmen - the same unit that exists right now
    5. Hussars - the same unit, only the shield should be changed. I don't know why, but the devs actually reversed the shield when making this unit, it should be flipped, like a mirror image. The side of the shield that extends upwards should actually be on the other side, facing away from the body. This way this extended 'horn' protects the shoulder of the left hand that holds the shield.
    6. Hussar archers - hussar with a bow
    7. Hungarian horse archers - can use either one of the two Hungarian horse archer models that we already have, though I think Hungarian nobles model is better
    8. Armoured hussars
    9. Mounted arquebusiers - reiteres with a rifle (arquebus)
    10. Reiters
    11. Insurrectio hussar (also could be called 'Noble levy')
    12. Lancers - late period heavy cavalry

Infantry:

1. Crossbowmen (should use the arquebusier model with a crossbow instead of an arquebus, and perhaps less flashy colours, more darker tones), because the crossbowmen models we have in vanilla game are to early looking
    2. Pavise crossbowmen
    3. Armati - This is the name actually used in historical records for an infantry type that resembles the 'Pavise infantry' unit. In the actual chronicles written during the reign of Matthias Corvinus, heavily armoured infatrny using large shields and spears were called Armati. However, the Pavise spearman model is unsuitable for the period covered by the mod. Instead, this unit should use the the Venetian heavy infantry or Handgunners as a basic model, with weapons changed to spear and large shield combination.
    4. Handgunners
    5. Arquebusiers
    6. Musketeers
    7. Archers (can use French mounted archer model)
    8. Bosnian archers (I'd prefer we use the name Balkan archers, becuase it makes no sense to limit this unit to just Bosnia)

8. Levy of the commoners - Voulge milita (or alternatively we can use the Voulge militia model with a different pole arm)
    9. Levy Archers - (Peasant archers unit with a different name)

10. Halberdier
    11. Pike milita
    12. Crossbow militia - halberdier militia or pike militia model with a crossbow, the model used by the current crossbow militia units is too early looking for this mod
    13. Arquebus militia - basic pike milita model with an arquebus, without the possibility of upgrade in armour

14. Trannsylvanian infantry - can use the Transylvanian peasants model but I'd like them to have more armour, at least some kind of helmet and a mail shirt, at least once they upgrade the armour
    15. Vlachs - Croatian axemen unit with a bow instead of an axe
    16. Haiduks - new unit,the Battlefield assasins model with an arquebus and sabre as secondary weapon would fit the role
    17. Cernide - new unit
    18. Haramije - new unit

Artillery:
    All cannon models

Units available as mercenaries (for custom battles and during campaign available for recruitment in the starting provinces, not a definite list but some suggestions ):

1. Landesknechts units
    2. Hussars
    3. Hussars archers
    4. Armoured hussars
    5. Pikemen
    6. Arquebusiers
    7. Schwarze reiters
    8. Bohemian arquebusiers
    9. Bohemian pikemen
    10. Halberdiers

there is possibility in MTW 2 that some units have special flags of their own ( like templars, or hospitallers in vanilla). that means that black army units (clipeati and armati ) will have Black army flag. but I will make special banners later when we start work on units.

Oh it will be fantastic And do you know the release date ? just approximately...

Quote Originally Posted by Cimbye View Post
    Hungarian units
    Cavalry:

1. Royal Banderium - the same unit as exists right now
    2. Baronial Banderium - the same model and texture as Gendarmes unit in the original MTW2 game, but riding unbarded horses
    3. County Banderium - Can use the Venetian heavy infantry model, without the shield, with a lance as primary weapon, and sword or that warhammer as secondary, alternatively the mounted crossbowmen modfel (the version with the updated armour)
    4. Mounted crossbowmen - the same unit that exists right now
    5. Hussars - the same unit, only the shield should be changed. I don't know why, but the devs actually reversed the shield when making this unit, it should be flipped, like a mirror image. The side of the shield that extends upwards should actually be on the other side, facing away from the body. This way this extended 'horn' protects the shoulder of the left hand that holds the shield.
    6. Hussar archers - hussar with a bow
    7. Hungarian horse archers - can use either one of the two Hungarian horse archer models that we already have, though I think Hungarian nobles model is better
    8. Armoured hussars
    9. Mounted arquebusiers - reiteres with a rifle (arquebus)
    10. Reiters
    11. Insurrectio hussar (also could be called 'Noble levy')
    12. Lancers - late period heavy cavalry

Infantry:

1. Crossbowmen (should use the arquebusier model with a crossbow instead of an arquebus, and perhaps less flashy colours, more darker tones), because the crossbowmen models we have in vanilla game are to early looking
    2. Pavise crossbowmen
    3. Armati - This is the name actually used in historical records for an infantry type that resembles the 'Pavise infantry' unit. In the actual chronicles written during the reign of Matthias Corvinus, heavily armoured infatrny using large shields and spears were called Armati. However, the Pavise spearman model is unsuitable for the period covered by the mod. Instead, this unit should use the the Venetian heavy infantry or Handgunners as a basic model, with weapons changed to spear and large shield combination.
    4. Handgunners
    5. Arquebusiers
    6. Musketeers
    7. Archers (can use French mounted archer model)
    8. Bosnian archers (I'd prefer we use the name Balkan archers, becuase it makes no sense to limit this unit to just Bosnia)

8. Levy of the commoners - Voulge milita (or alternatively we can use the Voulge militia model with a different pole arm)
    9. Levy Archers - (Peasant archers unit with a different name)

10. Halberdier
    11. Pike milita
    12. Crossbow militia - halberdier militia or pike militia model with a crossbow, the model used by the current crossbow militia units is too early looking for this mod
    13. Arquebus militia - basic pike milita model with an arquebus, without the possibility of upgrade in armour

14. Trannsylvanian infantry - can use the Transylvanian peasants model but I'd like them to have more armour, at least some kind of helmet and a mail shirt, at least once they upgrade the armour
    15. Vlachs - Croatian axemen unit with a bow instead of an axe
    16. Haiduks - new unit,the Battlefield assasins model with an arquebus and sabre as secondary weapon would fit the role
    17. Cernide - new unit
    18. Haramije - new unit
    The haiduks is anachronistic, as "haiduchism" only started much later (I think it's first recorded in the 17th century) and as a response to Turkish oppressions. Vlachs should probably use either the "cioban" or the "mosneni" unit model which will be available to the Principality of Wallachia. I'm a little confused about the "musketeers" as that word is getting tossed about on a lot of unit lists. From what I know, the musket was not used too much until the 17th century, when it fully replaced the arquebus and caliver. Even in the 16th century, its use was probably after 1530, though I may be mistaken...

Quote Originally Posted by Romano-Dacis View Post
    The haiduks is anachronistic, as "haiduchism" only started much later (I think it's first recorded in the 17th century) and as a response to Turkish oppressions. Vlachs should probably use either the "cioban" or the "mosneni" unit model which will be available to the Principality of Wallachia. I'm a little confused about the "musketeers" as that word is getting tossed about on a lot of unit lists. From what I know, the musket was not used too much until the 17th century, when it fully replaced the arquebus and caliver. Even in the 16th century, its use was probably after 1530, though I may be mistaken...
    No your right, many people on these forums just use the word musket when they meen an arquebus... or at least thats from my experiances.

Quote Originally Posted by Cimbye View Post
    Oh it will be fantastic And do you know the release date ? just approximately...
    too early to tell. BC needed nearly a year to release. many more months of hard work are needed

Here are some pictures of Hungarians, which were adapted from various historical sources like illuminated manuscripts and frescoes. These drawings depict characters as the were depicted in their original source, so therefore pictures from for examlpe; the 14th century, may be depicting older characters like St. Laszlo. This is because the original sources were historical depictions, and in these cases the incongruency has been noted.

Lajos (Louis) the Great's Period (mid 14th century)
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

The characters in the picture were copied from this Viennese illuminated chronicle drawn in 1357:

1. Queen Erzsébet, mother of Lajos (Louis) the Great.
    2. Apród (official in charge of justice or fiscal affairs).
    3. Cuman hero.
    4. King Lajos the great.
    5-6. Bodyguards of King Lajos
    7. Noble solder wearing the typical dolman of the period.

1.-2. Nobles in the court of the Lajos (Louis) the Great.
    3. Queen Erzsébet.
    4. Trumpeter.
    5. Mounted horse wearing a tournament raiment.

Late 14th and Early 15th Centuries

This picture was copied from sources from the late 14th and early 15th centuries that were historically depicting the early Hungarians. However it wasn't very historical. and depicted Laszlo as a cuman of the 14th century. Could be a source for any Cuman mercenaries or something...
    1. St László
    2. Cuman László
    3-4. Nobles
    5. Light cavalry, archer.
    6. Tent of cuman László.
    7. Duke
    8. Noble with a flag of state.

Early 15th century

The characters in this picture were based off various illuminated manuscripts of the period; such as this one:

The Hungarian fashion in courtly clothing was a mixture of eastern and western. The Illuminated manuscript above displays western clothed and armoured knights on the left, the king with Italain garments and cumans, Pechenegs and Szeklers wearing eastern garments on the right. it was not uncommon for royal servants, vassal lords and hospites to fight in battle in their traditional eastern garments; as is displayed in the drawing.
    1. Hungarian soldier
    2. King István IV. In the original picture collar, dolman and socks are the same light green color, shoes were red.
    3. Hungarian noble
    4. Hungarian soldier.
    5. Lél vizier.
    6. Örs vizier.
    7. Cuman hero.
    8. Vér Bulcsu. (A hungarian pagan prince who apperas in manuscripts as a sort of stereo typical negative representation of a tartar or kyphaq)

The characters in this picture are adapted from the székelyföld frescoes of the Zsigmond period. Once again they display historical character outside of the mod time frame; however the historical conversion in the original works is minial, and therefore the adapted drawing displays these 12th century characters in garments still fashionable in the mid 14th century. This includes the garments of St.László and cohort, which was still a typical Hungarian martial raiment of the 14th century.
    9. Light cavalryman, in korszovágy-dolman.
    10. St László with a battle-axe, crowned helmet and korszovágy-dolman.
    11. Cuman hero of the 15th century.
    12. Kopjás hero.
    13-14. Cuman hero, in beginning of the XV-century.
    15. Cuman hero in a knee long dolmanf rom the first quarter of the 15th century.

15th Century

1. Hungarian noble, fully armoured, in the period of King Mátyas (Matthias Rex).
    2. Clothes of noble 1440-1500, according to goldcoins bearing St László, János Hunyadi, László V and King Mátyas (Matthias Rex).
    3. Hungarian fully armoured noble, at Hunyadi János regency.
    4. Maid at end of the 14th century, according to a fresco in a church in the county of Háromsék.
    5-6. Juvenile and maid in middle of the 14th century, in Burgundian court mode clothes.
    7. Hungarian clothes typical of the 15th century.

8. King Mátyas (Matthias Rex), according to a relief in a Vienese court collection.
    9. Italian of the court of Mátyas (Matthias Rex).
    10. Hungarian noble, according to a tomb monument in Gyulafehérvár Székesegyház.
    11. Hungarian group leader as depicted in a ceremonial service of Emperor Miksa I (grandmaster of the kinghtly order of St.George.)
    12. Captain in the army of King Mátyas (Matthias Rex), according to a tomb monument of 1493.
    13. Noble in war clothes, in the regency of King Mátyas (Matthias Rex), according to a tomb monument of 1467.

King Mátyas and Jagello's Period (1480-1526)

The characters within this picture were based off drawings in the chronicle of judge Thurócsi János, published 1488 in Augsburg.
    1. Often appearing hero with a flag of state.
    2. Gyula and Verbulchu.
    3. Noble woman, in the backround is tents from the picture of siege of Nándorfehérvár.
    4. Juvenile, according to a picture of Lajos the Great (Louis) and László V.
    5-6. Kings Martell and Attila, according to a picture. //i am not sure what this means, but was labelled so by the painter of the picture//

7.-8. Haller Pál (died 1530 in Nagyszeben) and his mother Haller Ruprechtné. These two characters were adapted from a statebook by count Haller Bertolan 1533-51.
    9. Hungarian noble 1515.
    10-11. Hungarian nobles 1512. <-----Note the hybrid of italian and eastern garments.

Drawings and names sourced from http://www.kolumbus.fi/rauno.huikari/

Hope it helps! Unfortunately I have as of yet not been able to find any images of Hungarian soldiers other then the above but I'll keep looking.
    Last edited by \Vazul's Ghost/; February 02, 2008 at 04:58 PM.

Sarmatian's Avatar Biarchus

I don't know is it me, but I can't see a single picture...

Icon7 Re: Faction-Kingdom of Hungary

I have the same problem..I cann't see fotos,that you uploaded Vazul's ghost..
    Last edited by Vla_86; February 02, 2008 at 06:55 AM.

@\Vazul's Ghost/

Can you check your pictures, there is something wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by Little Legionaire View Post
    Thanks again mate

I don't know is it me, but I can't see a single picture...
    Sorry about that i'll try to fix it...

Fixed!!!!