Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1112131415161718192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: Faction - Kingdom of Hungary

Wallachian's Avatar Citizen

Default Re: Faction - Kingdom of Hungary

Question for you szikelkun. We have an event in early XV century which is called Cuman assimilation. Basically what that does is that from that date cuman troops can no longer be recruited because they have assimilated into the local population. I am just wondering if this correct for Hungary. Should we still allow cuman troops for a longer period for Hungary or is it ok as it is now?

Quote Originally Posted by Wallachian View Post
    Question for you szikelkun. We have an event in early XV century which is called Cuman assimilation. Basically what that does is that from that date cuman troops can no longer be recruited because they have assimilated into the local population. I am just wondering if this correct for Hungary. Should we still allow cuman troops for a longer period for Hungary or is it ok as it is now?
    The assimilation of the Cumans was largely completed around 1420. Based on the sources, their last participation in campaign was in 1428 at the siege of Galamboc.
    In my opinion in the game the assimilation event and the the cuman unit unavailability should happen in the same time in 1429.
    Last edited by Brezkimra; August 10, 2022 at 12:45 AM.
    (I'm hungarian. My english is not so good. Sorry.)

Wallachian's Avatar Citizen

Ok yeah, that makes sense thank you. In that case the event we have is good. The assimilation event happens around that time.

Quote Originally Posted by szikelkun View Post
    The assimilation of the Cumans was largely completed around 1420. Based on the sources, their last participation in campaign was in 1428 at the siege of Galamboc.
    In my opinion in the game the assimilation event and the the cuman unit unavailability should happen in the same time in 1429.
    Nowadays I read János Botka's book about Hungarian Cumans, and I found new informations.
    The title of the book: Kunok-Jászok katonáskodása és ünnepi bandériumai a betelepüléstől a kiegyezés koráig (in engl: Military services of Cumanians–Jazygians and their feast banderiums from the settlement to the age of compromise)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cumans.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	932.2 KB 
ID:	368089
    - In 1453 three hundred cuman serve with bow, shield and armour (possibly light armour)

- In 1491 three hundred cuman joined the campaign against Prince Albert.

- In 1530 more hundred cuman soldier were in the army of King Janos at the siege of Buda. They used bow, sword and csákány (in engl: war hammer or pick-axe.)

After these datas, I think after the assimilation script you could allow recruiting cuman horsearcher units in very small numbers until 1530. In the 1448 campaign their model can get an armour upgrade with chainmail.

jurcek1987's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Reworked Hussars. I'll also create the heavier Royal Hussars
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Last edited by jurcek1987; September 20, 2022 at 07:48 AM.

will there be revorks of some oridinary pikeman or halbediers to make them more early 16 century fit?

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by jurcek1987 View Post

these are really beautiful units!

Thanks! We also have 2 new unique Polish units

These hussars are much more accurate. Nice work! Will their horse models get light armor/barding like in the pictures in post 331?
    Last edited by Brezkimra; September 23, 2022 at 12:34 PM.

Yes I had in mind their mounts also. I'll see about those, creating mounts is quite tedious. Would you be able to write unit texts for Royal Hussars and the Black Army heavy cavalry?

didnt know that there were havier husars!

Yes I had in mind their mounts also. I'll see about those, creating mounts is quite tedious. Would you be able to write unit texts for Royal Hussars and the Black Army heavy cavalry?
    Yes, I will try to create a description for them.

I wrote a text for the Court Hussars. If it contains grammatical errors, you could correct it.

Court Hussars (in Hungarian udvari huszárok)
    During the reign of the Jagiełło dynasty in Hungarian Kingdom (1490-1526), the number of hussars in the country increased and they became as important as the heavy cavalry. The elite among them were the Court Hussars (in Hungarian udvari huszárok) troops.

When the famous permanent mercenary army created by King Matthias Hunyadi disintegrated, only his hussar troops remained together. These battle-hardened light horsemen were hired by the Kingdom’s next ruler WładysławII and founded the royal court hussar unit from them. From the turn of the 15-16th century the court hussar corps of a few hundred men was a permanent part of the royal banderium. Being among them meant a prestigious rank both socially and militarily. They were the king's familiars, mostly Hungarians, to a lesser extent South Slavs.
    From among them came the bodyguard cavalry of the royal family. In 1515, for the royal meeting in Vienna they also accompanied King WładysławII and his son Prince Lajos, and the citizens of the city were impressed with their horsemanship. They were often tasked with collecting taxes and protecting important shipments. Due to the increasing threat of the Turkish Empire, a significant part of them were stationed in the southern castles of the country to strengthen the border defense. In addition to the tasks as light cavalry, it also performed well as battle cavalry in border battles. Based on their fighting style and weaponry, they were like lighter, more mobile versions of heavy horsemen.

In one of the laws of 1498, King WładysławII made it mandatory for all hussars to have a chainmail in addition to a helmet. Since the court hussars belonged to the king's banderium, they received the best quality equipment. Each of them protected themselves with a chainmail, a helmet and a shield with a curved top. They began the fights in powerful horse charge with lance, then sabers and maces were used.
    In 1526, they also took part in the Battle of Mohács, which was one of the biggest collision in Europe at the era. In the battle, they suffered significant losses from the Sultan’s superior force, but their organizational unit was preserved in the following years, from when the hussars with increased defensive weapons tried to replace the lost heavy cavalry of the Hungarian kingdom.

Excellent! So according to this this unit was created during the reign of Vladislav II or is it okay if they unlock at the same time as regular hussars (1470)? And if they were so rare, maybe they could be recruitable only in Buda
    Last edited by jurcek1987; October 27, 2022 at 03:46 AM.

will we get more renesance type units?

More or less it's the same as in Tsardoms

Excellent! So according to this this unit was created during the reign of Vladislav II or is it okay if they unlock at the same time as regular hussars (1470)? And if they were so rare, maybe they could be recruitable only in Buda
    In my opinion the unlock should happen when they historically appear, about 1490 and only in the capital.

Ok, we'll need a historic event for them. Just an image and some text, nothing elaborate

The new Banderial Cavalry with your shield textures though I omitted the Hunyadi CoA because it's used by bodyguards. I adjusted the shapes to match that pavise of dismounted Bavarian knights.

King's battle model

Customized mount for Black Army Cavarly
    Last edited by jurcek1987; October 29, 2022 at 04:59 PM.

Excellent works! I like them! They are much better than the previous ones.
    I've already seen the new shield textures and the flag on the battlefield because I figured out how to put them in the game. My plan is to create historical coats of arms and patterns for the shields of all Hungarian units, except for Magyar Mod units. And I'll make the flags too.
    And I have several other plans.

We get Dismounted Knights units in the two mods? Dome (the modeller of Magyar Mod) planned to make them from the mounted version, but he stopped the modding earlier, and not finish his work.
    Last edited by Brezkimra; November 02, 2022 at 03:33 AM.