Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: M2TW Cinematic Editor Video Tutorials, Info and Fan Videos!

D|major's Avatar the key of glory

Default Re: M2TW Cinematic Editor Tutorials, Video Tutorial and Fan Videos here!

Quote Originally Posted by sbladerz View Post
    from your tips its stated
    "If you use Windows Vista, try to switch from the Aero interface to the standard Windows interface. Aero seems to cause the black rendered video."
    im using vista. but in the first place how do i change the interface?
    Hmmm, I don't own vista so someone else need to explain... lol
    Try something like right-mouse on the desktop (at least that's the first way I'd try it...)
    formerly known as D|need
    m2tw cinematic editor tutorials as video and thread | my total war videos
    the picture of the week subforum with great artworks | my pics and vids gallery
    under the patronage of b. ward

Default Re: M2TW Cinematic Editor Tutorials, Video Tutorial and Fan Videos here!

hey can you help me pls.. when i open cine-ed_edit ,only medieval is starting ,there is no "CineEd" on my screen .Maby i suppose to have something other than medieval 2

Quote Originally Posted by solider View Post
    hey can you help me pls.. when i open cine-ed_edit ,only medieval is starting ,there is no "CineEd" on my screen .Maby i suppose to have something other than medieval 2
    At first make sure that you have installed patch 1.2 or newer. If it still happens with the patch ask again
    formerly known as D|need

thanks man ,it works

NVM got it
    NVM got this one too
    im so stupid

GAH NVM again!

as for the window appearance problem, right-click, go to "personalize", then "theme", then under the theme drop-down menu, go to "windows classic" then click "apply" and YAY! no more vista aero! go through the same steps to get the original theme back.
    Last edited by Theseus1234; June 14, 2008 at 01:49 PM.
    --- Theseus1234
    Suum cique (To each their own) -Motto of the Kingdom of Prussia

The Crown of Aragon AAR- The Iberian Supremacy
    Quote Originally Posted by Justice and Mercy View Post
    My opinion is 100% objective. That's how I'm so right all the time.
    ^Human hubris knows no bounds.

...nvm...AGAIN
    +rep for answering all my questions in advance
    OF FINALLY A REAL QUESTION:
    when i play the .avi with windows media player, its always very VERY jumpy and the framerate seems very low, is there anyway to fix it? my computer is good enough to play a battle with every setting on "high"
    Last edited by Theseus1234; June 14, 2008 at 04:13 PM.
    --- Theseus1234
    Suum cique (To each their own) -Motto of the Kingdom of Prussia

The Crown of Aragon AAR- The Iberian Supremacy
    Quote Originally Posted by Justice and Mercy View Post
    My opinion is 100% objective. That's how I'm so right all the time.
    ^Human hubris knows no bounds.

Quote Originally Posted by theseus1234 View Post
    ...nvm...AGAIN
    +rep for answering all my questions in advance
    OF FINALLY A REAL QUESTION:
    when i play the .avi with windows media player, its always very VERY jumpy and the framerate seems very low, is there anyway to fix it? my computer is good enough to play a battle with every setting on "high"
    lol seems like you've learned alot by yourself yesterday

About the .avi: The rendered footage is completely uncompressed and very huge. Because of this most computers will have problems to play-back it smothly, even though they can play M2TW on high settings. To get it fixed you need to compress the .avi footage with programs like VirtualDub, Adobe Premiere or Movie Maker (I'd recommend the free software VirtualDub).
    After compressing the files and maybe resizing it to 720x480 you can play-back and work with the files.

D|need

P.s.: thanks for the Vista Aero explanation. I'll add it to the FAQ if you don't mind. It'll hopefully help some Vista-users.
    formerly known as D|need

D.B. Cooper's Avatar Tribunus

Great tutorial, but I have a problem with the editor, when I'm using the FOV effect. I'll set up the keyframes and set the camera to zoom in to, say, a unit's head. But I want the camera to stay focused on the head for a few seconds, so I set up another keyframe in the same position a few seconds down the line. But when I go to preview the movement, the camera slides slowly in some direction then back again. It ends up in the final position I intended, but the camera doesn't stay static. I try to straighten the FOV line to counter this, and the line is visibly straight, but the problem is still there. I know the camera can remain steady after zooming in on something, but how?

You need to press both these keys when you have selected the keyframe to make a straight line:

Do this with all involved keyframes of the FOV line.
    formerly known as D|need

Hello D|Need.

Well, after I said that I didn't have the patience to learn the Cine editor in the other thread I decided to take a stab at it. I watched your movies and got inspired. I have the program working fine. I can view the replay, set key frames and record them. THere is one problem that I seem to have a lot though.

Once I set a keyframe, I make sure it is highlighted then I click on the replay window to set the view I want and it won't let me move the view with the mouse and teh WASD keys. If I hit 'tab' it goes to the view where I can see the white boxes outlining the camera field of view but when I try to click and drag on those arrows and boxes the view still won't move. I even viewed your youtube tutorial and I followed everything as you do on that tutorial and I am not able to move my camera viewpoint in that manner. The only way I can move it is by having the editor window (the window with the curvey lines and key frame markers) open (i.e. on top of the replay window). Then the replay window will respond to the WASD and arrow keys but it is very hard to get the exact view I want using that method. any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by Dignan View Post
    Hello D|Need.

Well, after I said that I didn't have the patience to learn the Cine editor in the other thread I decided to take a stab at it. I watched your movies and got inspired. I have the program working fine. I can view the replay, set key frames and record them. THere is one problem that I seem to have a lot though.

Once I set a keyframe, I make sure it is highlighted then I click on the replay window to set the view I want and it won't let me move the view with the mouse and teh WASD keys. If I hit 'tab' it goes to the view where I can see the white boxes outlining the camera field of view but when I try to click and drag on those arrows and boxes the view still won't move. I even viewed your youtube tutorial and I followed everything as you do on that tutorial and I am not able to move my camera viewpoint in that manner. The only way I can move it is by having the editor window (the window with the curvey lines and key frame markers) open (i.e. on top of the replay window). Then the replay window will respond to the WASD and arrow keys but it is very hard to get the exact view I want using that method. any suggestions?
    At first I'd like to thank you for your detailed problem description. +rep because of that! If just everyone would describe his problem so easy to understand, my live would be a lot easier

About the problem itself: I think you just need to use the arrow keys to move the camera.

Make sure that the keyframes are selected and then you can use the WASD keys to move the camera. But if you want to move the direction where the camera shall look at, you need to use the arrow keys.

D|need
    formerly known as D|need

Thanks for the quick response. Your suggestion about using the arrow keys works. I appreciate it. Thanks for the +rep too.

I've made a few camera groups and realized that I don't have enough memory to keep recording cameras. I downloaded virtualdub and am now trying figure out how to compress the camera files. Thanks for all your help. I'll press on.

Quote Originally Posted by Dignan View Post
    Thanks for the quick response. Your suggestion about using the arrow keys works. I appreciate it. Thanks for the +rep too.

I've made a few camera groups and realized that I don't have enough memory to keep recording cameras. I downloaded virtualdub and am now trying figure out how to compress the camera files. Thanks for all your help. I'll press on.
    No problem dude! About VirtualDub - you need to render the scenes first, using the render.bat like described in the tutorial. Afterwards you can insert the file into VirtualDub and rezise and recompress it there
    formerly known as D|need

Quote Originally Posted by D|need View Post
    No problem dude! About VirtualDub - you need to render the scenes first, using the render.bat like described in the tutorial. Afterwards you can insert the file into VirtualDub and rezise and recompress it there
    Thanks. I did already render them and I just figured out how to compress them so I'm in the process of doing that now. Compressing them has helped a lot because my computer was out of space and the videos looked laggy. They look fine now. I think the next step is going back through and adding the sound. I'll consult your tutorial for that. Great work on that by the way.

quite a lot of tutorials you got there xD

but I have still got another question: I have reinstalled windows a few days ago and therefore I do no more have my old cfg files...and I can't remember what they looked like.

so my question is: which lines do I need so that I can start the cinematic editor with the graphic settings, I'm using ingame?
    Prof's Mods (Attila Mods)
    Creator of Polemarchia: Total War
    Under the patronace of Epistolary Richard
    <- Now with Attila screens

Quote Originally Posted by Prof View Post
    quite a lot of tutorials you got there xD

but I have still got another question: I have reinstalled windows a few days ago and therefore I do no more have my old cfg files...and I can't remember what they looked like.

so my question is: which lines do I need so that I can start the cinematic editor with the graphic settings, I'm using ingame?
    A lot of tutorials? Yeah, probably you're right However during the next two days there will be another video tutorial added that teachs you how to use the Cinematic Editor with Kingdoms and with mods and it also includes some tips
    Do you want to have your default graphic settings in the edit.cfg or render.cfg?
    I guess you mean the edit.cfg - then you should at first redownload the rar-file in the original post (I've updated them yesterday and fixed some problem) and then go to the following lines:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Code:
    [video]

detailed_unit_shadows = 0

glints = 0

gloss_mapping = 0

reflections = 0

smoke = 0

splashes = 0

unit_shaders = 0

vegetation = 1

shadows = 0

unit_detail = medium

building_detail = low

terrain_quality = low

effect_quality = low

vegetation_quality = low

depth_shadows_resolution = 1 

texture_filtering = 1 

bloom = 0 

anisotropic_level = 4 

tga_aspect = 1.33333

tga_input_scale = 1

tga_width = 5000

widescreen = 0

show_banners = 1

windowed = 1

tga_reserve_space = 0

anti_alias_mode = off

battle_32_bit = 1

battle_resolution = 720 480

campaign_32_bit = 1

campaign_resolution = 720 480

cloud_transitions = 1

desync_animations = 1

graphics_adapter = 0

multi_texture = 1

no_background_fmv = 1

safe_refresh = 1

stencil_shadows = 1

subtitles = 0

triple_buffer = 0

ui_32_bit = 0

movies = 0

These are the graphic settings used by the cinematic editor.

If you now open the medieval2.preference.cfg in the Medieval 2 installation folder, you can copy and paste the appendant lines from the medieval2.preference.cfg into the edit.cfg. For me it looks like that:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Code:
    [video]
    anisotropic_level = 16
    anti_alias_mode = normal
    antialiasing = 2
    assassination_movies = 1
    autodetect = 0
    battle_resolution = 1024 768
    bloom = 1
    building_detail = high
    campaign_resolution = 1024 768
    depth_shadows = 2
    depth_shadows_resolution = 2
    effect_quality = highest
    event_movies = 1
    gamma = 100
    grass_distance = 500
    ground_buffers_per_node = 4
    ground_cover_buffers_per_node = 4
    infiltration_movies = 1
    model_buffers_per_node = 4
    no_background_fmv = 1
    reflection = 1
    sabotage_movies = 1
    shader = 2
    show_banners = 1
    show_package_litter = 1
    skip_mip_levels = 0
    splashes = 0
    sprite_buffers_per_node = 4
    stencil_shadows = 1
    subtitles = 0
    terrain_quality = high
    texture_filtering = 2
    unit_detail = higher
    vegetation = 1
    vegetation_quality = high
    vsync = 1
    water_buffers_per_node = 8
    widescreen = 0

I'd suggest to copy and paste line by line to keep the structure of the edit.cfg content, but I'll leave that to you^^

Regards,

D|need
    Last edited by D|major; July 14, 2008 at 05:45 AM.
    formerly known as D|need

Hello all. I'm about to make a new tutorial about Cine Ed with Kingdoms/mods/tips and how to make screenshots (like I already mentioned in my last post here). My question now is directed at those who watched the original video tutorial: I've done most of the work for the new tutorial and now have 37 minutes of video footage where I could make the video from. When you watched the first tutorial, did it have too fast speed and was it too incomprehensible? So shall I maybe make this tutorial a bit more detailed and longer, maybe devide it into 2 or 3 Youtube parts? For the first tutorial I had about the same amount of video footage but I cut it down to 10 minutes. I could do the same here now, if it's still comprehensible for you, like the first tutorial.
    So you need to decide:
    Long and easier to understand
    or
    short and not boring

Thanks for your answers in advance!

D|need
    Last edited by D|major; July 17, 2008 at 11:32 AM.
    formerly known as D|need

D.B. Cooper's Avatar Tribunus

I'd rather it long and easy to understand so there wouldn't be a huge pile of questions about the process after. I'll read/watch more if it means a detailed tutorial.

Hmm...It seems your file for the Kingdoms version of the Cinematic Editor doesn't exist anymore.

Either that or my German's getting worse

Quote Originally Posted by Ar-Pharazon View Post
    I'd rather it long and easy to understand so there wouldn't be a huge pile of questions about the process after. I'll read/watch more if it means a detailed tutorial.
    Okay, thanks for your response (even though you're the only one) I think the same way like you do and therefore you'll get three single tutorials during the next week (I hope ). The first one about Kingdoms is already finished, the second one about mods and the third one about screenshots just needs subtitles.
    However, you are probably not the one who really needs these tutorials , but I know there are a lot of people who asked me about them and who are looking forward to it. I hope I can satisfy those people

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Andrew the Mighty Peasant View Post
    Hmm...It seems your file for the Kingdoms version of the Cinematic Editor doesn't exist anymore.

Either that or my German's getting worse
    Thanks for spotting the broken link. + rep for that. I've fixed it and it should work now. By the way, welcome to the forums Sir Andrew.
    Btw, if someone is interested: I've just noticed that I've got approximately 500 cine-ed downloads per month! That means about 6000 overall downloads! Didn't expect that many downloads, I'm quite proud
    Thanks at all who downloaded it and who watched the Cine-ed tutorial

I just hope CA will release a similar tutorial on ETW, maybe with some additional features like non-hardcoded view distance of grass, vegatation and units or free adjustable fps
    Well, I guess this doesn't belong here...

Regards,
    D|need
    formerly known as D|need