Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1112131415161718192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: M2TW Cinematic Editor Video Tutorials, Info and Fan Videos!

Constantine XII's Avatar Miles

Default Re: M2TW Cinematic Editor Video Tutorials, Info and Fan Videos!

hi & nice tutorial D|major,but i 've a question.
    When i downloaded the virtualdub i stuck a virus and when i opened cine-ed files before get in battle scence it stuck with a black screen and after some minutes it closed automatic.
    please i want help.Also the task manager wasnt appearead
    Last edited by Constantine XII; May 13, 2011 at 12:40 PM.

Ok, I've been trying for about four months to get the editor to work, always without success. When I first started out, I was on vista, and had no clue what I was doing. I remember watching those tutorials, and they never did work for me. Now I'm on Windows 7, and I'm a slight bit (slight) less clueless, and furthermore I'm so close to having it work that I can almost feel it right under my fingertips. But still, the final result eludes me. I have gotten the replay viewer to work, Or at least to the point where I can see the soldiers I used in the battle, but the editor window doesn't work, so I can't even start the battle, much less make a video of from it. To be this close is driving me crazy. I found basically everything confusing, but somehow I managed to get this much of it to work. Especially the directories proved confusing to me. This is how mine are right now, starting with the edit file.
    file = C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\replays\replay.rpy

camera = C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\cameras\

#mod = C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\

dir = C:\video_capture\

And the render one:
    file = C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\replays\[REPLAY_NAME].rpy

camera = C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\cameras\[CAMERA_NAME].cam

dir = C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\video_capture\

That's how they are right now, they may be a bit mixed up because I've tried everything under the sun, and everything in between, and to be honest they don't look like they should work as they are, but unfortunately I have no older brother who's into this kind of thing to ask about it. (Actually, I kind of do, but he's you guys, and you're on the internet.)
    I also thought the issue might be with the screen size, which by default is different for one file than for the other, so I changed one to match the other, but that didn't fix it.
    I've been trying to get the editor to work with vanilla M2TW, but what I really want is to use it with Third Age total war.
    I don't think in terms of file names, I think in terms of "The second text file" for the render one because of the stack of four, it's the bottom text file. That's one of the easiest ways to confuse me. I hope I'm not asking you to step too far out of your comfort zone with that, but it would help me understand a lot better and make this go a lot faster in the long run. Thank you for reading. I know it's long, but I wanted to be thorough. If you need me to explain something about my predicament, please go ahead and ask.
    P.S. The name of the replay I'm trying to use actually is "replay". I wanted to keep things simple till I could figure the whole thing out.

John Doe's Avatar Primicerius

Have a look in the spoilers of this post, there seems to be some issue with the path you use.

D|major's Avatar the key of glory

Quote Originally Posted by Raven Shadowe View Post
    Ok, I've been trying for about four months to get the editor to work, always without success. When I first started out, I was on vista, and had no clue what I was doing. I remember watching those tutorials, and they never did work for me. Now I'm on Windows 7, and I'm a slight bit (slight) less clueless, and furthermore I'm so close to having it work that I can almost feel it right under my fingertips. But still, the final result eludes me. I have gotten the replay viewer to work, Or at least to the point where I can see the soldiers I used in the battle, but the editor window doesn't work, so I can't even start the battle, much less make a video of from it. To be this close is driving me crazy. I found basically everything confusing, but somehow I managed to get this much of it to work. Especially the directories proved confusing to me. This is how mine are right now, starting with the edit file.
    file = C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\replays\replay.rpy

camera = C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\cameras\

dir = C:\video_capture\

And the render one:
    file = C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\replays\[REPLAY_NAME].rpy

camera = C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\cameras\[CAMERA_NAME].cam

dir = C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\video_capture\

That's how they are right now, they may be a bit mixed up because I've tried everything under the sun, and everything in between, and to be honest they don't look like they should work as they are, but unfortunately I have no older brother who's into this kind of thing to ask about it. (Actually, I kind of do, but he's you guys, and you're on the internet.)
    I also thought the issue might be with the screen size, which by default is different for one file than for the other, so I changed one to match the other, but that didn't fix it.
    I've been trying to get the editor to work with vanilla M2TW, but what I really want is to use it with Third Age total war.
    I don't think in terms of file names, I think in terms of "The second text file" for the render one because of the stack of four, it's the bottom text file. That's one of the easiest ways to confuse me. I hope I'm not asking you to step too far out of your comfort zone with that, but it would help me understand a lot better and make this go a lot faster in the long run. Thank you for reading. I know it's long, but I wanted to be thorough. If you need me to explain something about my predicament, please go ahead and ask.
    P.S. The name of the replay I'm trying to use actually is "replay". I wanted to keep things simple till I could figure the whole thing out.
    The default folder of the Medieval II installation on 64bit version of Vista/Windows 7 is:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War

Vista/Windows 7 doesn't save the Replays there, though. They are saved at this folder by default:
    C:\Users\[USER_NAME]\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War

Instead of [USER_NAME] it should be the name of your Windows user account.
    formerly known as D|need
    m2tw cinematic editor tutorials as video and thread | my total war videos
    the picture of the week subforum with great artworks | my pics and vids gallery
    under the patronage of b. ward

Thank you both, but neither of those has helped. There is something I'm wondering if might have something to do with it. I have four copies of m2tw, two on my C drive and two on my external hard drive. One of each is an original files folder, and one of each is a messing around place for me to experiment with. I have not yet figured out how to give myself the rites to my own computer, so I am unable to save any work on my C drive. Instead I have to do the editing on my external and then import it to C. This is of course annoying and takes a long time, but that's not what I'm wondering about. What I'm wondering about is do the files have to beextracted for the editor to work? Because the original files on my C drive are not extracted. (Good and original.) Also, no one mentioned to me at any time until I took John Doe's advice and looked at the tutorial he suggested that you have to create the cameras folder manually, but I've done that now.
    Performance remains the same. I can see the first frame of the battle, and I can move all over the map, but the editor itself does not work at all. Still, thanks for trying.

Are you using a custom battle replay or a campaign battle replay?

If the later, it's a bug that some people have and other don't. AFAIK nobody has found the cause nor solution.

It's a custom battle. I didn't realize you could use the editor with a campaign battle.

do you get the 2 windows, one for the battle and one with the edit command and camera tajectory? (pic by MasterBigAb)
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I get both windows, but the edit one is invisible. It might as well not be there.

You should be able to navigate by using the windows task bar at the bottom of the screen.

I can do that, but like I said, the control window is invisible, something's not right with it. It says it's there, but I can't see it, and it's not doing anything.

Torak's Avatar Libertus

this is so helpful thx so much!!

Torak's Avatar Libertus

it keeps opening up to the loading screen the crashes. I know that their is an answer to the problem in the FAQ but im using SS so do i have to patch MTW2 or is it just the file directory

cine-ed_edit.bat

#------------------------------------------- INSERT REPLAY HERE!!!

[replay]

play = 1

file = C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\SS6.3\replays\heavy infentry line.rpy

camera = C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\SS6.3\cameras\

show_battle_ui = 0

info = 0

#-------------------------------------------

[features]

editor = true

mod = C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\SS6.3

cine-ed_render

#------------------------------------------- INSERT REPLAY HERE!!!

[replay]

play = 1

file = C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\SS6.3\replays\[REPLAY_NAME].rpy

camera = C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\SS6.3\cameras\[CAMERA_NAME].cam

show_battle_ui = 0

info = 0

[features]

editor = true

mod = C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\SS6.3

[capture_tga]

enable = 1

fps = 60

dir = C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\SS6.3\video_capture\

If you use Windows 7 or Vista please check the FAQ in the OP to fix your issue!

Regards
    formerly known as D|need

hi i have a problem i have patch 1.4 installed and when i open it it opens a window and after 1 or 2 secs it closes i did everything you said in the video but it still doesnt work please can you help me

Have you made sure to avoid all mistakes written about in the FAQ?
    formerly known as D|need

Hi, I haven't had any problems with the cinematic editor (as far as I know) however after I run the renderer the AVI file I get is only a black image on ally my video players. Another thing is that when I try to adjust the resulotion on CFG file, it won't apply to the rendering application. I have Vista if it's relevant. If an answer has already been given to this can someone redirect me there?

naxzul666's Avatar Que la fête commence !
    Content Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by kingsly View Post
    Hi, I haven't had any problems with the cinematic editor (as far as I know) however after I run the renderer the AVI file I get is only a black image on ally my video players. Another thing is that when I try to adjust the resulotion on CFG file, it won't apply to the rendering application. I have Vista if it's relevant. If an answer has already been given to this can someone redirect me there?
    - To avoid a black screen when rendering video, change the Windows Aero interface in Windows Classic. (for Vista & Seven)

- The resolution of the parameters that you made in the CFG file must be the same as the display resolution of your screen.

Cheers mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythic_Commodore View Post
    I am having a few problems. I am trying to open the cinematic editor, and, while the game loads fine with the special settings, the cinematic editor window, with all of the controls, does not load. Could you help? Thanks,
    mythic
    Quote Originally Posted by D.B. Cooper View Post
    I had that problem when the config file wasn't written properly. Did you make it yourself or download the premade cin-ed files?
    Could someone help?
    I'm having this same problem. But as far as I can tell, the config file (I downloaded it) it correct. What specifically could be wrong with the file?

Code:
    camera = J:\Medieval Total War 2\mods\Stainless_Steel_6\cameras\
    I did notice I don't have this folder. Could that be it?