Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: M2TW Cinematic Editor Video Tutorials, Info and Fan Videos!

Tadzreuli's Avatar Chevalier Blanche

Default Re: Medieval 2 Total War Cinematic Editor Tutorial

I have instaled cine-editor, but "batch" file not work

Andy B's Avatar Decanus

Did you follow the tutorial start about mods etc?
    Are you using a mod / Is it looking for it or the replay in the right place?
    I know it prob sounds like nub questions but thats what a few people
    I know have had to edit to get it working.

D|major's Avatar the key of glory

Update to all those who use my CineEd files or who watched my turorial video:

I've found out the cause of a CineEd bug. If you follow my tutorial you will notice that the CineEd does always render just the upper left part of the cam, not the entire cam. The reason is, that the CineEd does not support window sizes below of 1024x768 pixel. Therefore the render.bat will run at 1024x768 pixel put does save 720x480 pixel as video only. To avoid this, you will have to change the resolution to 1024x768 in the render.cfg of your CineEd.

Notice: The rendered files will be approximately twice as big: 12sec = 1GB
    formerly known as D|need
    m2tw cinematic editor tutorials as video and thread | my total war videos
    the picture of the week subforum with great artworks | my pics and vids gallery
    under the patronage of b. ward

beho's Avatar Libertus

Hi Daniel,

Nice video tutorial, if someone wants to render in slowmotion you should change the entry "avi = true" to "avi = false". Be sure of having changed the line fps = 30 to e.g. 60 or more. You will get a lot of tga files instead of an avi file after having it implemented. You have to convert the tga files to avi now. The best way to do so is using virtual dub.
    Hope it works fine.

Regards,

André

Thank you much Andre! I'll add this to the "tips"!
    formerly known as D|need

Hi, I took your the tutorial when I use the cine-ed_render it gets to the loading part but then it closes itself. Why is it doing so?
    Pray for Pastor Saeed, and here is a link to sign a petition for his release: http://beheardproject.com/saeed#sign

I believe in Jesus Christ our Savior. If you do too, and aren't scared to admit it, then copy and paste this in your signature.

"I am the Way, the Truth, and The Life..." (John 14:6) Yeshua HaMashiach
    http://khouse.org/

beho's Avatar Libertus

Hi Man of West Gondor,

Are you sure that the replay folder, which you have to edit in the cine-ed_render is right?

André

Is this the right coding?:

[replay]

play = 1

file = replays\Cool.rpy

camera = cameras\all.cameraGroupXml

show_battle_ui = 0

info = 0
    Pray for Pastor Saeed, and here is a link to sign a petition for his release: http://beheardproject.com/saeed#sign

I believe in Jesus Christ our Savior. If you do too, and aren't scared to admit it, then copy and paste this in your signature.

"I am the Way, the Truth, and The Life..." (John 14:6) Yeshua HaMashiach
    http://khouse.org/

yes, so far its right, as long as you have saved your cameras as all.cameraGroupXml
    formerly known as D|need

Goldenboy24's Avatar Foederatus

I tryed to do all the things the tuturial says but all it does is like ruin my game. The screen does not fit the screen and when ever i went on to play the main screen was different. and the cinamatic editor doesnt even launch.Ive tryed this like 3 times.Then i just gave up and reinstalled both M2TW and M2TWK because they were skrewed up.What going on?
    :hmmm:

Very helpful. I got things work except for a few minor details. I have it set create screenshots but the renderer creates 60 tga files of the single still. And secondly the render doesn't seem to render the special effects such as bloom, grass, normal maps and gloss even though all of those are there in the options. Any ideas.

Oh yes, the number of tga files depends on how big the space is between the start and end cordons. Make it smaller and the result will be fewer files.

As far as I know if you render as tga files instead of avi it does not render grass. I don't know about the other special effects though...
    formerly known as D|need

Played with the video settings and have yet to get the bloom, reflections and normal maps to appear in either the editor or the renderer.

EDIT: I have discovered the problem. It could be because I am doing this with a mod or maybe not. When ever I run the editor or renderer it generates a new medieval preferences cfg file and it is from that file that the video settings are acquired NOT from the render or editor cfg file I have set up.

ANd now that I thought I had figured it out the game has decided to but the texture quality permanently at LOW even though I have it set at highest in all three cfg files. This is possibly the most frustrating tool I have ever used.
    Last edited by DisgruntledGoat; March 05, 2008 at 08:56 PM.

DisgruntledGoat I had the problem with the low texture quality all the time since Broken Crescent is released. Last week i figured out how to solve.

The best way is to use this video settings i guess in your render.cfg:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    [video]

anisotropic_level = 16

anti_alias_mode = normal

antialiasing = 8

battle_32_bit = 1

battle_resolution = 1024 768

bloom = 1

building_detail = high

campaign_32_bit = 1

campaign_resolution = 1024 768

depth_shadows = 2

depth_shadows_resolution = 2

desync_animations = 1

detailed_unit_shadows = 1

effect_quality = highest

gamma = 100

glints = 1

gloss_mapping = 1

grass_distance = 900

movies = 0

no_background_fmv = 1

reflection = 1

reflections = 1

show_banners = 1

subtitles = 0

terrain_quality = high

texture_filtering = 2

tga_aspect = 1.5

tga_input_scale = 1

tga_reserve_space = 0

tga_width =

triple_buffer = 1

ui_32_bit = 0

unit_detail = higher

unit_shaders = 1

vegetation = 1

vegetation_quality = high

vsync = 1

water_buffers_per_node = 8

widescreen = 0

windowed = 1
    formerly known as D|need

Got everything work and also discovered a way to get all the effects you need, as well as GRASS into screenshots with the editor. Do everything like normal. When you have your position set, bring the start and end cordons to make the range as small as possible. We are talking less than 1 sec, or even better less than half a second. Then render to avi. This is key, rendering to avi adds all the engine post-processing effects. Now open your AVI in Adobe ImageReady. BAM save and you have a perfect screenshot.

Default Re: M2TW Cinematic Editor Tutorials, Video Tutorial and Fan Videos here!

Hi all !
    I've a question about CinEd. I simply don't find my replays ! all my folders (mods or main folder) are empty, even if I've some recorded replays.
    I'm using Kingdoms and Vista 32bits.

Default Re: M2TW Cinematic Editor Tutorials, Video Tutorial and Fan Videos here!

Quote Originally Posted by Flyingkiki View Post
    Hi all !
    I've a question about CinEd. I simply don't find my replays ! all my folders (mods or main folder) are empty, even if I've some recorded replays.
    I'm using Kingdoms and Vista 32bits.
    yeh you gotta search in the subfolder /mods/<kingdoms_campaign_name>/replays/
    so for instance, if you play the crusades campaign, you gotta open the path /mods/crusades/replays/

@DisgruntledGoat: thanks for the info! i edited part of it into the thread's originial post..

btw. I'm rarely at my computer at the moment. so i havnt got much time to answer your questions, especially the comments on youtube... but i'll answer as soon as i've got time...
    formerly known as D|need

hey i just wanted to say that the tutorial is awesome..
    just had a question about the render..after i render my video and open my capture_tga folder all the video clips are completly black except for the outline of the game window in the upper right hand corner. i reset my resolutions and still now luck.

any suggestions?

Nevada's Avatar Domesticus

i just wanted to do a movie, but the cined crashes at three quarters of the loading bar.
    i did the replay with retrofitmod and copied it in the mainfolder's replays, as the bat only works with medieval2.exe.

should i try it with the kingdoms.exe?

btw: for some reason, i can't view page 1 of the thread.

edit: fixed that issue through copiing my video settings in the .bat
    but I got another one:
    what is the "insert" key and , when i set the x,y,z things on position and focus, those blue lines from the video don't appear in the cined window.
    any ideas?

edit2: ok, I fixed that, too.

edit3:
    I had a render problem that i can probably only fix with the virtual dub thing, but how can I do the .tga's in a .avi file?
    Last edited by Nevada; March 19, 2008 at 02:28 PM.

Hey, great tutorial, but I'm having an issue.

If I have a camera move with 3 keyframes they don't move very smoothly at all, it will slow down as it approaches the 2nd key frame, and then speed up again very suddenly and slowing down before approaching the 3rd keyframe.

I want the camera to ease in and out, but I want the speed to remain constant as it passes the 2nd keyframe. The RTW movie editor did this automatically.

I've tried all kinds of combinations of those curve buttons but none of them do what I want. The easing problem even happens when I make all the curves straight.