Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: M2TW Cinematic Editor Video Tutorials, Info and Fan Videos!

D|major's Avatar the key of glory

Default Re: M2TW Cinematic Editor Video Tutorials, Info and Fan Videos!

Quote Originally Posted by YefanStefich View Post
    I get a weird problem. I checked to make sure that I got the right replay in there and everything, but when I run the batch file, it just opens the M2TW intro screen with the Bodyguard, and then closes. Help?
    There can be numerous reasons for this. Please make sure to have read the FAQ thoroughly (in the OP) to avoid 90 % of the common reasons for this. Thanks.
    formerly known as D|need
    m2tw cinematic editor tutorials as video and thread | my total war videos
    the picture of the week subforum with great artworks | my pics and vids gallery
    under the patronage of b. ward

someone please help me as ive been trying to get this thing to work forever. well i was looking through the crusades_cine-ed_render and the crusades_cine-ed_edit and as i was looking through them desperately trying to find any errors i found one. i noticed the camera file for both of them was camera = C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\crusades\cameras\ ----but when i tried to open mods-crusades i did not find a folder called cameras just 6 folders called custom, data, packs, preferences, replays, and saves and 2 notepad files named EULA and Readme. so could please someone help with this problem

Quote Originally Posted by dkid124 View Post
    someone please help me as ive been trying to get this thing to work forever. well i was looking through the crusades_cine-ed_render and the crusades_cine-ed_edit and as i was looking through them desperately trying to find any errors i found one. i noticed the camera file for both of them was camera = C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\crusades\cameras\ ----but when i tried to open mods-crusades i did not find a folder called cameras just 6 folders called custom, data, packs, preferences, replays, and saves and 2 notepad files named EULA and Readme. so could please someone help with this problem
    It will not create the cameras folder until you recorded the first camera with the cine-ed.
    Have you read through the FAQ? Are you using Vista/7? If so, your file path is probably incorrect (see FAQ in the OP)
    formerly known as D|need

:/ ime using vista 6 and ive looked thorugh it a million times but i get thorugh it and says unspecified error will now exit... but i guess ill look again but doubt ill find anything

sorry for double post..but also sometimes it gets in and it just closes it doesnt say error or anything
    also if yo could Dlneed use teamview with me on my computer to see if im doing anything wrong if you want to just pm me thx
    Last edited by dkid124; June 08, 2010 at 08:50 PM.

I need help. i have just gooten all my camera shots and I start to render it. The only problem is I have only 5 gb on my C:\ drive. I have another drive with 64 free gb, but I can't figure out how to make it render over there instead, any ideas?

Costin_Razvan's Avatar Campidoctor

Alright...so I got the cinematic editor, made sure everything is set right. I start it and it loads the battle. I can view my units, scroll around the map.

But I cannot start the battle, set cameras etc. as the cineed is blank. I cannot even select it.
    Last edited by Costin_Razvan; June 23, 2010 at 08:23 AM.
    "It's bizarre though. Donald Trump, an ageing, orange skinned reality TV star with a history of selling steaks and conning people, a trophy wife and one of the most fragile egos I've seen pretty much just destroyed the head of the interventionist faction in the US State apparatus, Victoria Nuland, after literally becoming President of the United states. We must live in one of the more interesting timelines."

"The Powell Doctrine is the bible of every foreign policy thinker."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Powell_Doctrine

jản's Avatar █ kept in suspense █

//

Hey Costin. Have you tried that already?:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...90#post5113190

//

Yes Jan, I have. Thing is that the timeline thing is blank. It loads the game properly and all that...
    "It's bizarre though. Donald Trump, an ageing, orange skinned reality TV star with a history of selling steaks and conning people, a trophy wife and one of the most fragile egos I've seen pretty much just destroyed the head of the interventionist faction in the US State apparatus, Victoria Nuland, after literally becoming President of the United states. We must live in one of the more interesting timelines."

//

i guess you didn't created a camera?!

//

I run the cine-edit.bat and the timeline won't work...so I can't create cameras to use in the render.bat.

//

that is indeed really strange. can you make some screenshots where we could see what
    is working and what not. because it is kinda hard to imagine what exactly the problem is.

//

Hmm...never mind. I was able to fix it....somehow it always started minimized.

Where can I find my Replays folder? It just isn't there.
    "In stone halls they burn their great fires,
    in stone halls they forge their sharp spears.
    Whilst I walk alone in the mountains,
    with no true companion but tears.
    They hunt me with dogs in the daylight,
    they hunt me with torches by night."

Ok so I tried to install this Cinematic editor.

What I did:

1. I dragged and dropped the 20 files from the Kingdoms_cine-ed.rar file into my Medieval II Total War main folder.
    2. I want to use the Teutonic cine ed, so I opened Teutonic_cine-ed_edit.cfg, and changed:
    File = C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\medieval ii total war\mods\teutonic\replays\Replay.rpy
    Camera = C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\medieval ii total war\mods\teutonic\cameras\
    Mod =
    C:\Program Files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\medieval ii total war\mods\teutonic
    I corrected the installation paths to all these (I have steam and 64-bit system so I changed Program Files to Program Files (x86). There is no typo here, I double checked.
    I then opened the Teutonic_cine-ed_render.cfg and changed:
    File = C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War\mods\teutonic\replays\Replay.rpy
    Camera = C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War\mods\teutonic\cameras\
    Mod = C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War\mods\teutonic
    Dir =
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Medieval II Total War\mods\teutonic\video_capture\

Again, there is no typo. I double checked. I tried having "americas" instead of "teutonic" in the file paths above, but it didn't have any effect.
    But there aren't any cameras in mods\teutonic\cameras. Is this normal?
    3. STEAM-wise:
    What I did was:
    I created a folder named backup in the medieval 2 main folder and put medieval2.exe and launcher.exe in there and renamed kingdoms.exe to
    launcher.exe.
    Then I renamed americas in medieval 2 total war\mods to americas_backup and renamed the teutonic mod folder to americas.
    Then I changed both teutonic .bat files to search for launcher.exe instead of kingdoms.exe.
    After that I put the code in Launch options: --features.mod=mods/americas --io.file_first @americas_cine-ed_edit.cfg
    When I try to launch the teutonic edit .bat file, I get an error message saying "Medieval 2 has encountered a fatal error and will now exit" or something of the sort.

Please help =)
    Last edited by gummz; July 11, 2010 at 12:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by King Of Scotland View Post
    Where can I find my Replays folder? It just isn't there.
    Use the FAQ in the OP of this thread to find the location of your replays folder if you use Vista or Win 7
    formerly known as D|need

Prince of Judah's Avatar Senator

the dl links are broken.

Quote Originally Posted by Imperiumiv View Post
    the dl links are broken.
    Thanks for the info. I'll try to fix it. I contacted the host.

D|need
    formerly known as D|need

Icon4 Re: M2TW Cinematic Editor Video Tutorials, Info and Fan Videos!

The download links are broken can someone please reupload it?

John Doe's Avatar Primicerius

here you go http://www.mediafire.com/?c3m08m27ywblp8y, those are for M2TW (this turorial part1), I DLed them from D|need's link before it broke.