Page 16 of 27 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: M2TW Cinematic Editor Video Tutorials, Info and Fan Videos!

naxzul666's Avatar Que la fête commence !
    Content Emeritus

Default Re: M2TW Cinematic Editor Video Tutorials, Info and Fan Videos!

Hello,

The following command line batch which allow you to launch the editor and video rendering:

kingdoms.exe --features.mod=mods/teutonic --io.file_first @teutonic_cine-ed_edit.cfg
    kingdoms.exe --features.mod=mods/teutonic --io.file_first @teutonic_cine-ed_render.cfg

-------------------------------

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Last edited by naxzul666; March 22, 2010 at 07:39 PM.

Hey guys!

First of all, great tool you've made! Really awesome! But I'm having a problem and i can't figure out what I'm doing wrong...

I edit the replay, no problem, save the camera groups and everything but then i get a weird error while rendering. The first time i tried rendering it rendered perfectly(really really really well) up to about 3/4 of the film, then it started crashing and the error appeared "AviStreamFail". I was forced to stop the process and now every time i try to start a render this error pops up immediately...

Thank you in advance and i hope you can help solve this problem!

D|major's Avatar the key of glory

hmm, no I'm sorry I've never heard about that problem. That sounds like a video codec problem to me. You might need to reinstall your avi codec, but I don't know why or how...
    formerly known as D|need
    m2tw cinematic editor tutorials as video and thread | my total war videos
    the picture of the week subforum with great artworks | my pics and vids gallery
    under the patronage of b. ward

hey Dneed, would you know how I could get the best settings in the Render.cfg file? I want to render at the best possible

Quote Originally Posted by D|need View Post
    hmm, no I'm sorry I've never heard about that problem. That sounds like a video codec problem to me. You might need to reinstall your avi codec, but I don't know why or how...
    Yeah I rebooted my pc and it started working xD weird problem though haha. Thanks for the help anyways really apreciate it! Now i can carry on with my projects!

Quote Originally Posted by Mantock View Post
    hey Dneed, would you know how I could get the best settings in the Render.cfg file? I want to render at the best possible
    The render.cfg in the RAR-pack uses the best possible settings including AA and everything
    formerly known as D|need

you mean the ones at the beginning of this thread? i cant access those, nvm, ill get them from your youtube link. thanks

jản's Avatar █ kept in suspense █

Quote Originally Posted by Tuga303 View Post
    ... The first time i tried rendering it rendered perfectly(really really really well) up to about 3/4 of the film, then it started crashing and the error appeared "AviStreamFail". I was forced to stop the process and now every time i try to start a render this error pops up immediately...

Thank you in advance and i hope you can help solve this problem!
    a totally normal error (for rendering in general) that appears when your HD is full. (not joking - had that once)

Quote Originally Posted by Mantock View Post
    you mean the ones at the beginning of this thread? i cant access those, nvm, ill get them from your youtube link. thanks
    Yep, that's what I mean =)
    formerly known as D|need

Civis

Hi, my problem is a little more complicated than others, if its been answered before then im sorry, but I have read through the thread.

I have steam, this is the problem I believe.

I am trying to set this up to use the Third Age mod, however a easy way to get Third Age working with Steam is to call it Teutonic - so this is what I have done. I tried with both the Cine-Ed for Mods and Kingdoms as I use this shortcut.

Well, I have tried and tried time and time again, yet everytime after I have finished editing the .bats and .cfgs, I always get the

CA_LIBS
    "Medieval II suffered a fatal error and will now exit"
    This is the only thing I ever get in response to launching the .bat

I have edited the Cine-Ed_Edit.bat to run launcher.exe, as this is what my teutonic is connected to be able to launch directly rather than going through the editor (I renamed Kingdoms.exe to launcher.exe and removed Launcher.exe + Medieval 2.exe

Is there any possible way to get this tool working with Steam?

C:/Program Files/Steam/Steamapps/Common/Medieval ii total war/mods/teutonic is the mod path.

Hope this information helps identify the problem.

-Danthom

Quote Originally Posted by danthom View Post
    Hi, my problem is a little more complicated than others, if its been answered before then im sorry, but I have read through the thread.

I have steam, this is the problem I believe.

I am trying to set this up to use the Third Age mod, however a easy way to get Third Age working with Steam is to call it Teutonic - so this is what I have done. I tried with both the Cine-Ed for Mods and Kingdoms as I use this shortcut.

Well, I have tried and tried time and time again, yet everytime after I have finished editing the .bats and .cfgs, I always get the

This is the only thing I ever get in response to launching the .bat

I have edited the Cine-Ed_Edit.bat to run launcher.exe, as this is what my teutonic is connected to be able to launch directly rather than going through the editor (I renamed Kingdoms.exe to launcher.exe and removed Launcher.exe + Medieval 2.exe

Is there any possible way to get this tool working with Steam?

C:/Program Files/Steam/Steamapps/Common/Medieval ii total war/mods/teutonic is the mod path.

Hope this information helps identify the problem.

-Danthom
    My problem is very similar to this, but instead when I launch Cin_ed for Medieval the game starts up not the editor. Can anyone help please?

Civis

Okay, ive found a Solution - it was there right in front of me the whole time.

A perfect way to get this to work with Kingdoms Mods on Steam is the following

1-rename Americas to Americas_backup in your Steam\Steamapps\common\medieval 2 total war\mods.
    2-rename [MOD NAME] to Americas, now when the launcher loads, and you select Americas, it will launch your mod, mine for example is Third Age.

3-Go into Steamapps\common\medieval 2 total war, create a folder entitled backup, now drag and drop your Launcher.exe and Medieval 2.exe into this folder. Now rename Kingdoms.exe to Launcher.exe, now Steam will by-pass the launcher (here is where it gets slightly more tricky)

4-Now, download the Kingdoms Cine-Ed, and follow the tutorial to install, making sure that all of the path files are correct, and the .bat is edited to launch launcher.exe (both edit and render)

5-right click Medieval 2:Kingdoms on your My Games page under Steam. Select Launch Options. Now enter into this box:

(Editing stage)

--features.mod=mods/americas --io.file_first @americas_cine-ed_edit.cfg

(Render stage)

--features.mod=mods/americas --io.file_first @americas_cine-ed_render.cfg

enter the one for which you will be doing i.e if youre rendering use render - obviously.

6-if you want to play the original kingdoms games, or any other kingdoms mod, just un-do everything you have done (get the 2 .exe's out of the Backup folder, and rename your launcher.exe to kingdoms.exe again. Also remember to delete the launch options. And if you want to play Americas, remember to rename Americas_backup to Americas again.

Hope this helps everyone, I know I was over the moon when the editor launched
    Last edited by WelshManDan; March 16, 2010 at 08:57 PM.

Okay, ive found a Solution - it was there right in front of me the whole time.

A perfect way to get this to work with Kingdoms Mods on Steam is the following

1-rename Americas to Americas_backup in your Steam\Steamapps\common\medieval 2 total war\mods.
    2-rename [MOD NAME] to Americas, now when the launcher loads, and you select Americas, it will launch your mod, mine for example is Third Age.

3-Go into Steamapps\common\medieval 2 total war, create a folder entitled backup, now drag and drop your Launcher.exe and Medieval 2.exe into this folder. Now rename Kingdoms.exe to Launcher.exe, now Steam will by-pass the launcher (here is where it gets slightly more tricky)

4-Now, download the Kingdoms Cine-Ed, and follow the tutorial to install, making sure that all of the path files are correct, and the .bat is edited to launch launcher.exe (both edit and render)

5-right click Medieval 2:Kingdoms on your My Games page under Steam. Select Launch Options. Now enter into this box:

(Editing stage)

launcher.exe --features.mod=mods/americas --io.file_first @americas_cine-ed_edit.cfg

(Render stage)

launcher.exe --features.mod=mods/americas --io.file_first @americas_cine-ed_render.cfg

enter the one for which you will be doing i.e if youre rendering use render - obviously.

6-if you want to play the original kingdoms games, or any other kingdoms mod, just un-do everything you have done (get the 2 .exe's out of the Backup folder, and rename your launcher.exe to kingdoms.exe again. Also remember to delete the launch options. And if you want to play Americas, remember to rename Americas_backup to Americas again.

Hope this helps everyone, I know I was over the moon when the editor launched
    What if I want to do it for vanilla only and for Vanilla mods?
    Last edited by Outlawed; March 16, 2010 at 07:51 PM.

Civis

Im presuming your on Steam, as otherwise I have no idea.
    Make sure all the paths are correct under each Cine-Ed_Render and Cine-Ed Edit after you download the Mods Cine-Ed. Im gonna just try out a little thing, see if this works.

Try and backup the Kingdoms and Launcher.exe's and then remove them from the root folder. The rename Medieval2.exe to launcher.exe, again, if this doesnt work just undo it.

Now, right click Medieval2 Total War in your My Games tab in Steam, and select Launch Options.

--features.mod=mods/[Mod Name] --io.file_first @[Mod_Name]_cine-ed_edit.cfg

now change Mod Name to whatever mod your using, and then copy/paste it into the launch option box.

After everything is set up, with all the .bats and .cfg's ready, run medieval straight from My Games Tab, not the .bat

Hopefully this will solve your problem, im just trying things now, so im sorry if it doesnt, but I havent tried with vanilla M2TW

Im presuming your on Steam, as otherwise I have no idea.
    Make sure all the paths are correct under each Cine-Ed_Render and Cine-Ed Edit after you download the Mods Cine-Ed. Im gonna just try out a little thing, see if this works.

Try and backup the Kingdoms and Launcher.exe's and then remove them from the root folder. The rename Medieval2.exe to launcher.exe, again, if this doesnt work just undo it.

Now, right click Medieval2 Total War in your My Games tab in Steam, and select Launch Options.

--features.mod=mods/[Mod Name] --io.file_first @[Mod_Name]_cine-ed_edit.cfg

now change Mod Name to whatever mod your using, and then copy/paste it into the launch option box.

After everything is set up, with all the .bats and .cfg's ready, run medieval straight from My Games Tab, not the .bat

Hopefully this will solve your problem, im just trying things now, so im sorry if it doesnt, but I havent tried with vanilla M2TW
    That didn't work =(
    Keep in mind though that I am running Broken Crescent, a MTWII mod as a Kingdoms mod. I've changed its name to americas and backed up the original americas folder. So now my cin edit and render are called americas_...
    I pointed the paths to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\medieval ii total war\mods\americas\replays\Replay.rpy
    (I actually called my replay Replay just to test out)
    Do I have to point the next three paths, Camera, TGA to my native folder? So stop at medieval ii total war? or do I point them to the mods\americas folder?

Civis

try pointing every File Path directly to mods\americas, even Capture TGA.

Have you Backed up and edited the Kingdoms, Medieval and Launcher.exe's?

do i have to change dir = C:\video_capture\ to E:\Total war\mods\Third_Age\video_capture\ caus this is the path were i instaled the third age total war mode and i cant get the cinematic to work properly i also changed the names(also paths) like you explaind in the video for modes but nothing happens and im using windows 7 so i m not realy shure what im doing wrong i aslso changed the name of medieval2.exe --features.mod=mods\Third_Age @Third_Age_cine-ed_edit.cfg to kingdoms.exe ....cfg and nothing happens just a quick black window than nothing

Quote Originally Posted by Kaka92 View Post
    do i have to change dir = C:\video_capture\ to E:\Total war\mods\Third_Age\video_capture\ caus this is the path were i instaled the third age total war mode and i cant get the cinematic to work properly i also changed the names(also paths) like you explaind in the video for modes but nothing happens and im using windows 7 so i m not realy shure what im doing wrong i aslso changed the name of medieval2.exe --features.mod=mods\Third_Age @Third_Age_cine-ed_edit.cfg to kingdoms.exe ....cfg and nothing happens just a quick black window than nothing
    Windows 7 has stored the replay files in another folder than WinXP (where I made the tutorial with). Read the FAQ in the OP to find your replay files
    formerly known as D|need

I dont know were to download the cinematic editor. In that video discriptions is no links , please give me link.

I get a weird problem. I checked to make sure that I got the right replay in there and everything, but when I run the batch file, it just opens the M2TW intro screen with the Bodyguard, and then closes. Help?