Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: M2TW Cinematic Editor Video Tutorials, Info and Fan Videos!

Default Re: M2TW Cinematic Editor Video Tutorials, Info and Fan Videos!

I apologize if this has already been asked, but I can't seem to get the timeline open when I run Cine Ed. I get the view of the battlefield and all of that but no timeline. Anyone have any ideas on how I can fix this? Thanks.

D|major's Avatar the key of glory

Quote Originally Posted by Resta01 View Post
    I apologize if this has already been asked, but I can't seem to get the timeline open when I run Cine Ed. I get the view of the battlefield and all of that but no timeline. Anyone have any ideas on how I can fix this? Thanks.
    Check the task bar. Is there a second window running? That should be the timeline window
    formerly known as D|need
    m2tw cinematic editor tutorials as video and thread | my total war videos
    the picture of the week subforum with great artworks | my pics and vids gallery
    under the patronage of b. ward

Quote Originally Posted by D|need View Post
    Check the task bar. Is there a second window running? That should be the timeline window
    Ah it was there but it took some persuasion to get it to pop up, lol. Thank you though.

Kjertesvein's Avatar Remember to smile
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Sorry if this been asked b4. What format do you change it to, inorder to edit video's from ....\data\fmv?

Cinepak Codec?
    Intel 4:2:0 Video V2.50?
    Microsoft RLE?
    Microsoft Video 1?
    Microsoft MPEG-4?
    DivX?
    XviD?
    Helix?
    ffdsshow Video codec?
    Xfire?
    or not compromised?

If I convert it to ...divX? then back to orginal, would it hurt the quality?

EDIT: It's better explained in this thread http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...43#post4932543

Thank you! First I was like, this is to god deam much, your'e crazzzy. But after a little bit of patience, the bricks seems to fall in order and click.

EDITEDIT: Where did you get the blue Smoke in the very first secound on your tutorials? fmv?
    Last edited by Kjertesvein; April 12, 2009 at 09:28 AM.
    Thorolf was thus armed. Then Thorolf became so furious that he cast his shield on his back, and, grasping his halberd with both hands, bounded forward dealing cut and thrust on either side. Men sprang away from him both ways, but he slew many. Thus he cleared the way forward to earl Hring's standard, and then nothing could stop him. He slew the man who bore the earl's standard, and cut down the standard-pole. After that he lunged with his halberd at the earl's breast, driving it right through mail and body, so that it came out at the shoulders; and he lifted him up on the halberd over his head, and planted the butt-end in the ground. There on the weapon the earl breathed out his life in sight of all, both friends and foes. [...] 53, Egil's Saga
    I must tell you here of some amusing tricks the Comte d'Eu played on us. I had made a sort of house for myself in which my knights and I used to eat, sitting so as to get the light from the door, which, as it happened, faced the Comte d'Eu's quarters. The count, who was a very ingenious fellow, had rigged up a miniature ballistic machine with which he could throw stones into my tent. He would watch us as we were having our meal, adjust his machine to suit the length of our table, and then let fly at us, breaking our pots and glasses.
    - The pranks played on the knight Jean de Joinville, 1249, 7th crusade.

http://imgur.com/a/DMm19
    Quote Originally Posted by Finn View Post
    This is the only forum I visit with any sort of frequency and I'm glad it has provided a home for RTR since its own forum went down in 2007. Hopefully my donation along with others from TWC users will help get the site back to its speedy heyday, which will certainly aid us in our endeavor to produce a full conversion mod Rome2.

How do I access the pre-rendered clips shown throughout the game?

Also, I'm not sure how to record a battle...

I'm new to this and still haven't gotten the grasp of it.

mrcrusty's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Medieval Warrior View Post
    How do I access the pre-rendered clips shown throughout the game?

Also, I'm not sure how to record a battle...

I'm new to this and still haven't gotten the grasp of it.
    Program Files\Sega\Medieval II Total War\Data\fmv

You'll need a program that can play the .bik video files. I suggest searching on Google for the Bink Video Player... there are probably other players that work, but I use Bink.

Anyways, recording a battle? You mean filming the footage or saving a replay?

In either case, read the first post in the thread, it should have all the info you need.

I cant view page 1 of this forum!
    Nothing comes up when I press page 1 the the menu bars at the top
    anyone knows why?

Quote Originally Posted by Irish tactitian View Post
    I cant view page 1 of this forum!
    Nothing comes up when I press page 1 the the menu bars at the top
    anyone knows why?
    Try a different browser. Might work.
    formerly known as D|need

hey, another problem:
    So I record the battle, create all my scenes and cam groups, follow the instructions clearly for rendoring..
    but when I render I see the sword 'blood' load and reach the end then it just stays there and closes eventually ...
    Then I cannot find the rendered files, there is no folder called 'capture_tga'.... I have vista so I also checked in 'appdata/virtualdrive' etc
    anyone help ?

Quote Originally Posted by Irish tactitian View Post
    hey, another problem:
    So I record the battle, create all my scenes and cam groups, follow the instructions clearly for rendoring..
    but when I render I see the sword 'blood' load and reach the end then it just stays there and closes eventually ...
    Then I cannot find the rendered files, there is no folder called 'capture_tga'.... I have vista so I also checked in 'appdata/virtualdrive' etc
    anyone help ?
    I guess there is an error in the render.cfg
    Read it carefully again and look out for spelling mistakes or the like. And read the FAQ and consider everything you read there.
    formerly known as D|need

Icon5 Re: M2TW Cinematic Editor Video Tutorials, Info and Fan Videos!

hay man i have the same problem i person in the 3,4 or 5 thred had . I have no replay folder even though i have ten replays saved in my game. do u know where i can find them. because there is no file at all. i am runing vista and i only have midevil 2 instaled no kingdoms. or mods.
    Last edited by helpme22; May 17, 2009 at 08:32 PM.

this is how the install folder looks.
    Last edited by helpme22; May 17, 2009 at 08:39 PM.

i have ben trying to get this for weeks and am hoping you can help me. i also had a replay folder when i first downloaded the cinima editor about a year ago and i had to turn my computer off to sleep. when i turned it back on the replay file was gone so i kinda abandoned the cinima editor for a wile...i have started to try to use the cinima editor again everything works ecept for the fact there is no replay files so i have reinstaled the game over and over agian with kingdoms and with plain midevil 2 and every time i do ,there is never a replay folder present even though there are actual replays save in the game. I also read the thred and i saw hat it said that you wernt shure and i am sory if i wasted your time. also i am using the gold verson of mid evil 2 with kingdoms.
    Last edited by helpme22; May 17, 2009 at 08:53 PM.

i found the replay file and it was far away from everything els so i moved it in to the C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War file and for some reason thy are a notpad file and when ever i put the replay name in the cine-ed_edit file and try to save it it says it already exists and should i replace it i click yes then ok and it says cannot create C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War pleas make sure that the path and file name are correct. why cant i save it?????

D.B. Cooper's Avatar Tribunus

@helpme22, you have to edit permissions for the Med2 folder. Go to the folder, right click, Properties, Security tab, Edit. Then click the "Full Control" box for all the accounts, apply changes, and you should be able to edit the files in that folder. I would also leave the replay files where they used to be, in the AppData.

@Irishtactician, perhaps you can upload the render config so we can see what's wrong?

ok Here is render .cgf file see anything wrong
    I followed the directions in the original total war editing video & the one for the mods... I am using Third Age
    when I start the rendering, it loads and when the bar reaches the last point it quits.. and no folder called 'capture_tga'
    any help would be apprieciated

[camera]
    campaign_map_smoothing = 1
    default_in_battle = default
    fov = 75
    move = 30
    restrict = 0
    rotate = 10
    #-------------------------------------------
    [video]
    anisotropic_level = 16
    anti_alias_mode = normal
    antialiasing = 8
    battle_32_bit = 1
    battle_resolution = 1024 768
    bloom = 1
    building_detail = high
    campaign_32_bit = 1
    campaign_resolution = 1024 768
    depth_shadows = 2
    depth_shadows_resolution = 2
    desync_animations = 1
    detailed_unit_shadows = 1
    effect_quality = highest
    gamma = 100
    glints = 1
    gloss_mapping = 1
    grass_distance = 900
    movies = 0
    no_background_fmv = 1
    reflection = 1
    reflections = 1
    show_banners = 1
    subtitles = 0
    terrain_quality = high
    texture_filtering = 2
    tga_aspect = 1.5
    tga_input_scale = 1
    tga_reserve_space = 0
    tga_width =
    triple_buffer = 1
    ui_32_bit = 0
    unit_detail = higher
    unit_shaders = 1
    vegetation = 1
    vegetation_quality = high
    vsync = 1
    water_buffers_per_node = 8
    widescreen = 0
    windowed = 1

#------------------------------------------- INSERT REPLAY HERE!!!
    [replay]
    play = 1
    file = C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\Third_Age\replays\Replay.rpy
    camera = C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\Third_Age\cameras\Group1.cameraGroupXml
    show_battle_ui = 0
    info = 0
    [features]
    editor = true
    mod = C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\Third_Age\
    [capture_tga]
    enable = 1
    fps = 60
    dir = C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\Third_Age\video_capture\
    [cine]
    show = 1
    width = 1024
    height = 768
    capture = 1
    avi = 1

Quote Originally Posted by D.B. Cooper View Post
    @helpme22, you have to edit permissions for the Med2 folder. Go to the folder, right click, Properties, Security tab, Edit. Then click the "Full Control" box for all the accounts, apply changes, and you should be able to edit the files in that folder. I would also leave the replay files where they used to be, in the AppData.
    @Irishtactician, perhaps you can upload the render config so we can see what's wrong?

thank you so mutch
    Last edited by helpme22; May 18, 2009 at 07:12 PM.

also one more question when i load the cinima editor it works but there is no editor window how can i fix this... sory for all the questions...

@ Irish tactitian: please, can you post the content of the edit.cfg too. The edit.cfg worked well, right? So we should be able to compare the edit.cfg and the render.cfg
    And, is your replay really called 'Replay.rpy'?

@ helpme22: 1) Have you installed the newest patch? 2) Do not move the Replay file. Leave the replay file in the original folder. 3) If you had read the Frequently Asked Questions in the OP you would have known where the Replay is saved in Vista:
    C:\Users\<User Name>\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War
    (Instead of <User Name> it should be the name of your Windows user account)
    4) Please read the rest of the FAQ, too. It says there for example that you have to change some lines in the edit.cfg and render.cfg if you use Vista x64 because the game is installed at C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War there.
    formerly known as D|need

I dont use 64bit and i do have the new pach installed.i removed the replay file and i made the file in the editor"file = C:\Users\tristan\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\replays\test.rpy"

I think i said the problem wrong because im new to the forms. when i open the cinima editor i can't get the (editor window/ Aka/ timeline) to open but when i look at the task bar it says that it is active and when i click on it nothing happens.also i belief the program name for the timeline is cined on the task bar. i am sory if this has been asked before but im not sure what to look for in the FAQ... Also if you know the setings for vista could you post them i am sorry for all the fuss i am making.....
    Last edited by helpme22; May 20, 2009 at 04:46 PM.