Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: M2TW Cinematic Editor Video Tutorials, Info and Fan Videos!

D|major's Avatar the key of glory

Default Re: M2TW Cinematic Editor Video Tutorials, Info and Fan Videos!

Are you sure that your camera file is called "allcamera.cameraGroupXml" and that it is placed at that direction:
    camera = C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\cameras\allcamera.cameraGroupXml
    Can you find this file with the Windows Explorer?
    The used resolution doesn't matter. It will render in 1024 x 768 anyway, even if you choose 720 x 480. It'll just cut off the edges then.
    formerly known as D|need
    m2tw cinematic editor tutorials as video and thread | my total war videos
    the picture of the week subforum with great artworks | my pics and vids gallery
    under the patronage of b. ward

The files name is correct and his place too. Windows Explorer found one files, the "all camera.cameraGroupXml" in the files "cameras".

So what's the error? I try again to all install again and change the camera group etc.

molls's Avatar Campidoctor

Arg, rendering problem:

It's very wierd and as I read through the thread, Hesus de Bodemloze seemed to have the same problem:

I'm creating cameras (for screenshots) and save them to a group, then I go on and start the render.bat to render those pics. [like in your great tuts]

It opens, loads, and then shows a completely different scene? It renders this scene like 6 times and then it crashed with the same error hesus posted earlier.

When I open the tga's in Virtual Dub, it works just fine, except the fact that it's a completely different scene!

My original camera angle was not even close to this one?!

So for all the different cameras I saved, it renders only one scene which is not even included in my cameras...

I noticed that the same "strange scene" suddenly pops up (2 seconds) just when I start the replay in the normal Cine Ed.

I checked that there are no other keyframes than those I set in between the render cordons etc.

Any ideas?
    Last edited by molls; January 24, 2009 at 02:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by napoleon 1er View Post
    The files name is correct and his place too. Windows Explorer found one files, the "all camera.cameraGroupXml" in the files "cameras".

So what's the error? I try again to all install again and change the camera group etc.
    I don't know... Have you read the complete FAQ and made sure that you considered all things there?

Quote Originally Posted by mollsomg View Post
    Arg, rendering problem:

It's very wierd and as I read through the thread, Hesus de Bodemloze seemed to have the same problem:

I'm creating cameras (for screenshots) and save them to a group, then I go on and start the render.bat to render those pics. [like in your great tuts]

It opens, loads, and then shows a completely different scene? It renders this scene like 6 times and then it crashed with the same error hesus posted earlier.

When I open the tga's in Virtual Dub, it works just fine, except the fact that it's a completely different scene!

My original camera angle was not even close to this one?!

So for all the different cameras I saved, it renders only one scene which is not even included in my cameras...

I noticed that the same "strange scene" suddenly pops up (2 seconds) just when I start the replay in the normal Cine Ed.

I checked that there are no other keyframes than those I set in between the render cordons etc.

Any ideas?
    At first I'd disable the TGA option:
    avi = 0
    into
    avi =1
    because it doesn't render grass and AA if you render it as TGA.
    You better process like I've shown in the video part IV.

-If you camera takes place while a General unit dies, the camera focuses on the General, no matter where the cameras actual path is.

If that's not the problem, then:
    -Does it give you an error message when the CTD comes? If so, what does it say?
    -If you open the *.camGroupXml with Notepad, what does it say?

D|need
    Last edited by D|major; January 29, 2009 at 08:59 AM.
    formerly known as D|need

Marcus Bestia's Avatar Civis

i tried to use cine editor in MTW Kingdoms, i've downloaded your cfg files, changed paths according to my folders. i can launch editor, i can move in it, but when i hit the keys "o" or "n", i've got message like - error in MTW, application will be closed -, and editor crashes to desktop. is it normal or my installation is corrupted? i have vista32 and patch 1.5
    Last edited by Marcus Bestia; January 29, 2009 at 04:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus Bestia View Post
    i tried to use cine editor in MTW Kingdoms, i've downloaded your cfg files, changed paths according to my folders. i can launch editor, i can move in it, but when i hit the keys "o" or "n", i've got message like - error in MTW, application will be closed -, and editor crashes to desktop. is it normal or my installation is corrupted? i have vista32 and patch 1.5
    I don't remember that I've tried to use the keys "o" or "n" ever. The only keys you really need are the arrow keys, the keys "W", "A", "S", "D", "R", "F", "Ins" and "Del" and those keys that are "[" and "]" on english keyboards. It shouldn't CTD if you use one of that keys.
    formerly known as D|need

i would like use cine editor to take screenshots. In the editor there are white numbers on the left side of the screen. Is there some method how to take screenshot without these numbers? thanks

Yes - watch video tutorial part IV...
    formerly known as D|need

Quote Originally Posted by D|need View Post
    Yes - watch video tutorial part IV...
    thanks, so far i watched part I and II .I will carry on to part IV

Hello guys i cant get my cin ed to work when i click at it its just starting the regular game not any cinematic editor ? help plz
    Ive done everything correct in the tutorial dont know whats the problem ...

Quote Originally Posted by KarlXII View Post
    Hello guys i cant get my cin ed to work when i click at it its just starting the regular game not any cinematic editor ? help plz
    Ive done everything correct in the tutorial dont know whats the problem ...
    Have you read the FAQ in the OP? Have you installed the newest patch?
    Is it you who asked exactly the same on Youtube today?
    formerly known as D|need

hi dneed, a question bout cine ed: i succesfully set up cine ed, save 10 seconds long video. then launch render.bat, in the new light blue window i can see slow motion movie of scenes i saved as camera. rendering window ends and when i play finished avi file all i can see is 10 seconds video of black screen framed by the light blue window. no scenes which i saw while rendering was in process. dont you know where could be problem?
    i'm using vlc player for avi files.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus Bestia View Post
    hi dneed, a question bout cine ed: i succesfully set up cine ed, save 10 seconds long video. then launch render.bat, in the new light blue window i can see slow motion movie of scenes i saved as camera. rendering window ends and when i play finished avi file all i can see is 10 seconds video of black screen framed by the light blue window. no scenes which i saw while rendering was in process. dont you know where could be problem?
    i'm using vlc player for avi files.
    Hey Marcus,
    I'm pretty sure I know the problem

It's even answered in the FAQ (OP):

Q: I'm getting black renders when using the render.bat. What is the cause of this and how can I fix it?

For you the third answer applies:

3) If your PC is too slow to play back the big and uncompressed rendered video files you should try and compress the video first.

Does it help?
    formerly known as D|need

Hey Marcus,
    I'm pretty sure I know the problem

It's even answered in the FAQ (OP):

Q: I'm getting black renders when using the render.bat. What is the cause of this and how can I fix it?

For you the third answer applies:

3) If your PC is too slow to play back the big and uncompressed rendered video files you should try and compress the video first.

Does it help?
    thanks for answer. could you post FAQ from the first side of this thread in another place? i presume FAQ is on the first side, but it's not accesible for me for whole last month. i would like to read it, cause my another question (how to compress video) is maybe answered there.
    thanks

EDIT: posting FAQ in another place is not necessary anymore, i read it already
    Last edited by Marcus Bestia; March 06, 2009 at 04:54 AM.

Hi guys, its me again...
    i still have the audacity problem.
    being able to render beutiful renders and all that.

but not being able to record the sound to go with it. i have a Vista laptop.
    i have the audacity version that is supposed to run with vista, but i havnt gotten in to run as of yet. (times 1,000,000,000.)!!!
    its not a fun problem.
    does anyone think this could be a problem with the laptop(not being compatable)
    or the software setup?

would be extremely gracious to anyone who can fix this prob, i will even make a M2tw movie for them... any takers?

Quote Originally Posted by Mantock View Post
    Hi guys, its me again...
    i still have the audacity problem.
    being able to render beutiful renders and all that.

but not being able to record the sound to go with it. i have a Vista laptop.
    i have the audacity version that is supposed to run with vista, but i havnt gotten in to run as of yet. (times 1,000,000,000.)!!!
    its not a fun problem.
    does anyone think this could be a problem with the laptop(not being compatable)
    or the software setup?

would be extremely gracious to anyone who can fix this prob, i will even make a M2tw movie for them... any takers?
    As I said before, I've never got Audacity working on Vista myself. It doesn't detect my audio output.
    And it depends on the sound driver, too. Some work, some don't, in my experience. Until you have found a way, use Fraps to record sound. That always works
    formerly known as D|need

As I said before, I've never got Audacity working on Vista myself. It doesn't detect my audio output.
    And it depends on the sound driver, too. Some work, some don't, in my experience. Until you have found a way, use Fraps to record sound. That always works

How do you use fraps, ive tried but it doesnt open when ive got the cine ed open and running. How do you record sound with it???

Quote Originally Posted by Mantock View Post
    How do you use fraps, ive tried but it doesnt open when ive got the cine ed open and running. How do you record sound with it???
    Fraps might be minimized to the tray bar, double click on the tray icon to open the options.
    formerly known as D|need

Sunday213's Avatar Semisalis

How do you compress these? 3 second videos are 700mb and compress to 50MB

use virtual dub or windows movie maker or any sort of video editing software
    formerly known as D|need