Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: M2TW Cinematic Editor Video Tutorials, Info and Fan Videos!

Default Re: M2TW Cinematic Editor Video Tutorials, Info and Fan Videos!

Hello D|Need and Forum. I have what I think will be an easy question to answer.

Is there a way to control both opposing armies when doing a custom battle? I ask this because it is easier to control the dynamics of the battle in order to create a good cineditor video this way. In the past I've just controlled one side of the fight (like usual) and just didn't like the way the enemy fought the battle.... i.e. it wasn't cinematically pleasing.

D|major's Avatar the key of glory

Quote Originally Posted by Mantock View Post
    I did it through control panel, ad and remove programs.
    I have figured it out I think, its my default video settings.
    but thx
    Another question, is this a general question or not, My Audacity recordings of sound come out slower than they r supposed to be. Like I will record a sequence that is 10 secs long 4 example. And the recording comes out as 18 secs!! Any way to get a smooth and exact recording?
    Any links that deal with this maybe?
    thx 4 all feedback
    No, never heard of that problem. Try google, ask in The Basement or try some different program for sound recording.

Quote Originally Posted by Dignan View Post
    Hello D|Need and Forum. I have what I think will be an easy question to answer.

Is there a way to control both opposing armies when doing a custom battle? I ask this because it is easier to control the dynamics of the battle in order to create a good cineditor video this way. In the past I've just controlled one side of the fight (like usual) and just didn't like the way the enemy fought the battle.... i.e. it wasn't cinematically pleasing.
    Havn't heard of an option yet, sorry. You can try the Battle Editor (check the Mod Workshop for it). But I'm not sure how far your own control goes there...

Regards,
    D|need
    formerly known as D|need
    m2tw cinematic editor tutorials as video and thread | my total war videos
    the picture of the week subforum with great artworks | my pics and vids gallery
    under the patronage of b. ward

Has anyone had success using the cinematic editor with the "For King or Country" mod? I've been trying all day to get it to work.

Cined-edit works fine. I can create my scenes but when I go to render them the loading bar fills all the way up and then nothing happens and the program eventually closes itself. I've used cined before to make movies so it really isn't a problem with a lack of familiarity with cined.

FKoC is a vanilla M2TW mod that resides outside the "mod" folder. I've made all the necessary edits to text lines as D|Need describes in his tutorial but I can't figure out what the problem is.

Anyone tried this with FKoC who could help me?

My render.bat is directed to:
    Medieval2.exe --features.mod=for_king_or_country @for_king_or_country_cine-ed_render.cfg

The contents of my cine-ed_render file are:

[camera]
    campaign_map_smoothing = 1
    default_in_battle = default
    fov = 75
    move = 30
    restrict = 0
    rotate = 10
    #-------------------------------------------
    [video]
    anisotropic_level = 16
    anti_alias_mode = normal
    antialiasing = 8
    battle_32_bit = 1
    battle_resolution = 1024 768
    bloom = 1
    building_detail = high
    campaign_32_bit = 1
    campaign_resolution = 1024 768
    depth_shadows = 2
    depth_shadows_resolution = 2
    desync_animations = 1
    detailed_unit_shadows = 1
    effect_quality = highest
    gamma = 100
    glints = 1
    gloss_mapping = 1
    grass_distance = 900
    movies = 0
    no_background_fmv = 1
    reflection = 1
    reflections = 1
    show_banners = 1
    subtitles = 0
    terrain_quality = high
    texture_filtering = 2
    tga_aspect = 1.5
    tga_input_scale = 1
    tga_reserve_space = 0
    tga_width =
    triple_buffer = 1
    ui_32_bit = 0
    unit_detail = higher
    unit_shaders = 1
    vegetation = 1
    vegetation_quality = high
    vsync = 1
    water_buffers_per_node = 8
    widescreen = 0
    windowed = 1

#------------------------------------------- INSERT REPLAY HERE!!!
    [replay]
    play = 1

file = C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\for_king_or_country\replays\Replay.rpy

camera = C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\for_king_or_country\cameras\Opening\Opening.cameraGroupXml

show_battle_ui = 0

info = 0
    [features]

editor = true

mod = C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\for_king_or_country
    [capture_tga]

enable = 1

fps = 60

dir = C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\for_king_or_country\video_capture\
    [cine]
    show = 1
    width = 1024
    height = 768
    capture = 1
    avi = 1
    Last edited by ♔Dignan♔; December 14, 2008 at 09:18 AM.

Has anyone had success using the cinematic editor with the "For King or Country" mod? I've been trying all day to get it to work.

Cined-edit works fine. I can create my scenes but when I go to render them the loading bar fills all the way up and then nothing happens and the program eventually closes itself. I've used cined before to make movies so it really isn't a problem with a lack of familiarity with cined.

FKoC is a vanilla M2TW mod that resides outside the "mod" folder. I've made all the necessary edits to text lines as D|Need describes in his tutorial but I can't figure out what the problem is.

Anyone tried this with FKoC who could help me?

My render.bat is directed to:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Medieval2.exe --features.mod=for_king_or_country @for_king_or_country_cine-ed_render.cfg

The contents of my cine-ed_render file are:

[camera]
    fov = 75
    move = 30
    restrict = 0
    rotate = 10
    [video]
    anisotropic_level = 16
    anti_alias_mode = normal
    antialiasing = 8
    battle_32_bit = 1
    bloom = 1
    building_detail = high
    campaign_32_bit = 1
    depth_shadows = 2
    desync_animations = 1
    effect_quality = highest
    gamma = 100
    glints = 1
    gloss_mapping = 1
    grass_distance = 900
    movies = 0
    no_background_fmv = 1
    reflection = 1
    reflections = 1
    show_banners = 1
    subtitles = 0
    terrain_quality = high
    texture_filtering = 2
    tga_aspect = 1.5
    tga_input_scale = 1
    tga_reserve_space = 0
    tga_width =
    triple_buffer = 1
    ui_32_bit = 0
    unit_detail = higher
    unit_shaders = 1
    vegetation = 1
    vsync = 1
    widescreen = 0
    windowed = 1

[replay]
    play = 1

file = C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\for_king_or_country\replays\Replay.rpy

camera = C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\for_king_or_country\cameras\Opening\Opening.cameraGroupXml

show_battle_ui = 0

info = 0
    [features]

editor = true

mod = C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\for_king_or_country
    [capture_tga]

enable = 1

fps = 60

dir = C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\for_king_or_country\video_capture\
    [cine]
    show = 1
    width = 1024
    height = 768
    capture = 1
    avi = 1
    1) Is your replay called "Replay.rpy" ?
    2) Is the *.cfg file really called "for_king_or_country_cine-ed_render.cfg"? It needs to be
    3) Are you sure that capitalisation rules are followed? E.g. try to use the line

medieval2.exe --features.mod=for_king_or_country @for_king_or_country_cine-ed_render.cfg

instead of

Also make sure that the files "Replay.rpy" and "Opening.cameraGroupXml" are written upper case and that the subfolder \cameras\Opening is written correctly
    formerly known as D|need

To answer the above questions...

1) Yes
    2) Yes
    3) and Yes.

Not sure what the problem is. It could just be some kind of an incompatibility with that mod. I've working on a Kingdoms cined movie now as I got too frustrated with the FoKC cined problem. I may go back to it later. Thanks for your feedback anyway.

To answer the above questions...

1) Yes
    2) Yes
    3) and Yes.

Not sure what the problem is. It could just be some kind of an incompatibility with that mod. I've working on a Kingdoms cined movie now as I got too frustrated with the FoKC cined problem. I may go back to it later. Thanks for your feedback anyway.
    I'm gonna download that mod later today or tomorrow when I've got time. I'll take a closer look at it. Though, I'm 99% sure that there is no mod incompatibility!
    formerly known as D|need

D.B. Cooper's Avatar Tribunus

Cooper here, another question.

How exactly do you process and compress the AVI clips so the quality remains good and the dimensions are large enough? As it is now Realplayer plays the AVIs at a terrible framerate, guess the file is too big even though my computer seems robust enough (3GB of RAM and a dual-core processor). I remember your Battle of Cannae movie had a high quality version to download. I'm using Adobe Premiere Elements and I have no idea what format is best, what settings are best, etc. Windows Movie Maker was somehow deleted from my computer but I'm working on getting it back, if that's the program you use by any chance.

Thanks.

I am having a few problems. I am trying to open the cinematic editor, and, while the game loads fine with the special settings, the cinematic editor window, with all of the controls, does not load. Could you help? Thanks,
    mythic

Coder on Dark Ages: Roman Revival, the alternate history mod for BI.

Under the Patronage of Augustus Lucifer, member of the House of Ward.

D.B. Cooper's Avatar Tribunus

Quote Originally Posted by Mythic_Commodore View Post
    I am having a few problems. I am trying to open the cinematic editor, and, while the game loads fine with the special settings, the cinematic editor window, with all of the controls, does not load. Could you help? Thanks,
    mythic
    I had that problem when the config file wasn't written properly. Did you make it yourself or download the premade cin-ed files?

Unfortunately Youtube blocked the video tutorial part 1 because I used the Linkin Park song "Session" and that wasn't allowed and bla-bla-bla...

The tutorials can still be downloaded from FileFront in HQ, though. HERE is the link.
    formerly known as D|need

@ Dignan: sorry I didn't have the time to download FoKC. Hopefully you found the problem yourself, if not, try the written mod tutorial that can be found in the OP of this thread. Check whether your files match the files and lines in the tutorial

@ Cooper: I don't know the 'best' compression method. Most of my previous videos are MPEG1 but they are pretty big for average quality. Try apples *.mov or *.divx, they are quite good I think. I still don't know myself what I'm gonna use for my next video...

@ Mythic_Commodore: did you install patch 1.2? Did you change the file paths in the config files, especially the installation direction of your M2TW installation? Do you use Vista? If so, did you change the file paths of the Replay file (it's placed in a different location on Vista)? Did you read the FAQ in the OP? It could have possible answers to your problem, too.
    I could continue like this for another 5 minutes, since this is one of the most general problems^^
    formerly known as D|need

[quote=D|need;4192078]@ Dignan: sorry I didn't have the time to download FoKC. Hopefully you found the problem yourself, if not, try the written mod tutorial that can be found in the OP of this thread. Check whether your files match the files and lines in the tutorial quote]

I'll try and run through the tutorial later. I'm currently busy with making a video off of vanilla Kingdoms (Irish Confederate Wars). Thanks for looking into the problem though.

okay, good luck with your video!
    formerly known as D|need

Thompson45cal.'s Avatar Ordinarius
    The Great State of Texas and George W. Bush ain't no Texan.......

Not sure, where to post this....... this seems it could be a good place to start though.

I'm needing some help. I have a multi-player replay I'd like someone who knows what they're doing to make a movie out of for me....I tryed to figure out the cin editor but it's just a smig too much for me to get my mind around.

I on the other hand can make a quality custom map.

I'm willing to build anybody a custom map (with thier specifications) in trade for a movie made of a replay I provide.

If anyone is interested please message me.

Thank you for time in this regard.

Quote Originally Posted by Thompson45cal. View Post
    Not sure, where to post this....... this seems it could be a good place to start though.

I'm needing some help. I have a multi-player replay I'd like someone who knows what they're doing to make a movie out of for me....I tryed to figure out the cin editor but it's just a smig too much for me to get my mind around.

I on the other hand can make a quality custom map.

I'm willing to build anybody a custom map (with thier specifications) in trade for a movie made of a replay I provide.

If anyone is interested please message me.

Thank you for time in this regard.
    Hi
    You should better ask HERE I think. There are more people able to produce videos than here...

btw:
    bump
    formerly known as D|need

Hello.
    Thanks for you great job in the Cinematic Editor and the tutorial.
    I use the Medieval II vanilla's version of the Cine Ed. I download in the link in youtube.
    So one question; I can open the cine ed edit for build my video. I respect all that you say in the tutorial but when I open the Cine render.bat, this program stop it in the screen of loading.
    I read all the instructions in the tutorial and I try again but the problem stand here.
    My version of Medieval II is 1.2.

Can you help me please?

(sorry Im French for my english)

Quote Originally Posted by napoleon 1er View Post
    Hello.
    Thanks for you great job in the Cinematic Editor and the tutorial.
    I use the Medieval II vanilla's version of the Cine Ed. I download in the link in youtube.
    So one question; I can open the cine ed edit for build my video. I respect all that you say in the tutorial but when I open the Cine render.bat, this program stop it in the screen of loading.
    I read all the instructions in the tutorial and I try again but the problem stand here.
    My version of Medieval II is 1.2.

Can you help me please?

(sorry Im French for my english)
    Welcome to the forum!

Please send me both, your cine-ed_edit.cfg and your cine-ed_render.cfg or insert them here as a reply

Regards, D|need
    formerly known as D|need

Thanks for your help! : my cine-ed edit.cfg:
    [audio]
    speech_enable = 1
    speech_vol = 1
    music_vol = 0
    [camera]
    fov = 75
    move = 30
    restrict = 0
    rotate = 10
    [video]
    detailed_unit_shadows = 0
    glints = 0
    gloss_mapping = 0
    reflections = 0
    smoke = 0
    splashes = 0
    unit_shaders = 0
    vegetation = 1
    shadows = 0
    unit_detail = medium
    building_detail = low
    terrain_quality = low
    effect_quality = low
    vegetation_quality = low
    depth_shadows_resolution = 1
    texture_filtering = 1
    bloom = 0
    anisotropic_level = 4
    tga_aspect = 1.33333
    tga_input_scale = 1
    tga_width = 5000
    widescreen = 0
    show_banners = 1
    windowed = 1
    tga_reserve_space = 0
    anti_alias_mode = off
    battle_32_bit = 1
    campaign_32_bit = 1
    cloud_transitions = 1
    desync_animations = 1
    graphics_adapter = 0
    multi_texture = 1
    no_background_fmv = 1
    safe_refresh = 1
    stencil_shadows = 1
    subtitles = 0
    triple_buffer = 0
    ui_32_bit = 0
    movies = 0
    [replay]
    play = 1
    file = C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\replays\Vidéo 2.rpy
    camera = C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\cameras\
    show_battle_ui = 0
    info = 0
    [features]
    editor = true
    #mod = C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\
    [capture_tga]
    enable = 0
    fps = 30
    dir = C:\video_capture\
    [cine]
    show = 1

and my render.cfg
    [camera]
    fov = 75
    move = 30
    restrict = 0
    rotate = 10
    [video]
    anisotropic_level = 16
    anti_alias_mode = normal
    antialiasing = 8
    battle_32_bit = 1
    battle_resolution = 720 480
    bloom = 1
    building_detail = high
    campaign_32_bit = 1
    depth_shadows = 2
    desync_animations = 1
    effect_quality = highest
    gamma = 100
    glints = 1
    gloss_mapping = 1
    grass_distance = 900
    movies = 0
    no_background_fmv = 1
    reflection = 1
    reflections = 1
    show_banners = 1
    subtitles = 0
    terrain_quality = high
    texture_filtering = 2
    tga_aspect = 1.5
    tga_input_scale = 1
    tga_reserve_space = 0
    tga_width =
    triple_buffer = 1
    ui_32_bit = 0
    unit_detail = higher
    unit_shaders = 1
    vegetation = 1
    vsync = 1
    widescreen = 0
    windowed = 1
    [replay]
    play = 1
    file = C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\replays\Vidéo 2.rpy
    camera = C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\cameras\allcamera.cameraGroupXml
    show_battle_ui = 0
    info = 0
    [features]
    editor = true
    #mod = C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\
    [capture_tga]
    enable = 1
    fps = 60
    dir = C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\video_capture\
    [cine]
    show = 1
    width = 720
    height = 480
    capture = 1
    avi = 1

(my config: Q6600/4 go de ram/Radeon 4850)
    Thanks

Indefinitely Banned

I don't want to use the cinematic editor to make videos. I want an unlocked camera during regular play so I can go in for extreme close-ups/low angles. Is this possible?

I have try again to load the cine ed render but the problem is the same. Maybe, the resolution of the video isn't better for loading the cine ed render.bat and reading the movie?