Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: M2TW Cinematic Editor Video Tutorials, Info and Fan Videos!

Default Re: M2TW Cinematic Editor Tutorials, Video Tutorial and Fan Videos here!

I looked in the system.log in the root M2 folder and the last line says that my replay file is missing. I don't know why it can't find it, though. I triple-checked the reference in the config file, put in the full directory path after that didn't work, and even copy and pasted the reference from the other config file just to be sure it wasn't my eyes. If I were a town, my happiness level would be "disillusioned".

D|major's Avatar the key of glory

Default Re: M2TW Cinematic Editor Tutorials, Video Tutorial and Fan Videos here!

lol, wait till tomorrow. I'm too tired to understand what you want to say me, right now
    But did you try what I told you earlier this evening?
    formerly known as D|need
    m2tw cinematic editor tutorials as video and thread | my total war videos
    the picture of the week subforum with great artworks | my pics and vids gallery
    under the patronage of b. ward

Sorry if I made that more complicated than it sounds. I hope I didn't stress you out too much!

Yes, I did try both things you suggested. I also read the other 9 pages in this thread to try and come up with something. It's been hours now, again, so I'm going to just eat dinner and maybe actually play the game for once

EDIT: Now I know why it couldn't find my replay file. I only listed the path from my DLV_ext folder (replays/replay.rpy) instead of the entire file path. It's rendering now Thanks for all the help, D|need! I'll definitely rep you when I'm able.
    Last edited by musicdemon; November 19, 2008 at 11:51 AM. Reason: Victory

Is it possible to have your capture_tga folder on another hard drive? I changed the directory to G:\capture_vga\ in my render configuration, but it put the video in the capture_tga folder in my Medieval 2 root directory anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by musicdemon View Post
    Is it possible to have your capture_tga folder on another hard drive? I changed the directory to G:\capture_vga\ in my render configuration, but it put the video in the capture_tga folder in my Medieval 2 root directory anyway.
    Yeah I noticed that too. Somehow this feature seems useless as it always renders the footage into the same directory. Havn't been able to change that yet...

Great that it works now anyway and thanks for the +rep
    formerly known as D|need

Default Re: M2TW Cinematic Editor Video Tutorials, Info and Fan Videos!

YouTube has upgraded to 720p. First of all Secondly, would anyone be willing to re-render their cameras and throw up an HD version (1280x720) of their video? That would be awesome. If that's not do-able for you via lack of hard drive space, I am willing to render them for you if you PM me the camera and render files. What do you think

Quote Originally Posted by musicdemon View Post
    YouTube has upgraded to 720p. First of all Secondly, would anyone be willing to re-render their cameras and throw up an HD version (1280x720) of their video? That would be awesome. If that's not do-able for you via lack of hard drive space, I am willing to render them for you if you PM me the camera and render files. What do you think
    Nah, not me
    I have links for high quality versions (480p) in the description of every video, so everyone should be able to watch that. It should be enough imho, at least for my videos but thanks for the offer
    formerly known as D|need

Icon9 Re: M2TW Cinematic Editor Video Tutorials, Info and Fan Videos!

Hi, im a new user of the cin ed. And I have tried making my first animation. My problem is that my .avi file is really slow! Loads of lag! How can I make a smooth peice of video? I tried altering the with and hight in the render and editor configs but that doesnt do much.
    Thx for any feedback!

Quote Originally Posted by Mantock View Post
    Hi, im a new user of the cin ed. And I have tried making my first animation. My problem is that my .avi file is really slow! Loads of lag! How can I make a smooth peice of video? I tried altering the with and hight in the render and editor configs but that doesnt do much.
    Thx for any feedback!
    Hey Mantock. Welcome to the forums!

Here the answer:

The CineEd renders the video in an uncompressed format. Hence, the video file is very big, several GB's per minute. That is too much information for most of todays CPU's and it will slow down the video speed to it's limit. Some video players wont play the files at all. You can still use the shots for video editing or you can compress them at first, using a video editing software.
    formerly known as D|need

Hi All
    I am whondering why my rendered avi is sooooooooo slow!
    Ive tried messing around with the resolutions but that doesnt do much. How can I make a smooth playback and not 1 that is all jolty?
    Is this a general question-if it is, can somone giv me a thread that talks about this problem?
    thx for all feedback!

Icon7 Re: M2TW Cinematic Editor Video Tutorials, Info and Fan Videos!

Oh, kk thx! i didnt see ur new post.
    So I need to compress the avi file? What programs can I use to do that?
    (freebee programs)

Quote Originally Posted by Mantock View Post
    Oh, kk thx! i didnt see ur new post.
    So I need to compress the avi file? What programs can I use to do that?
    (freebee programs)
    Windows Movie Maker, Virtual Dub.... They're freeware software that can be used.
    formerly known as D|need

im buying a laptop and was wondering if i culd play this game on it and what resolutions.
    my specs are:
    Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GS
    Processor Platform: Intel® Centrino®
    Processor: Intel® Core™2 Duo Mobile
    System momory (RAM): 4GB
    Video memory: 1GB GDDR3
    if u need anything else please let me know and i would be thankful for any info on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Manchild24 View Post
    im buying a laptop and was wondering if i culd play this game on it and what resolutions.
    my specs are:
    Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GS
    Processor Platform: Intel® Centrino®
    Processor: Intel® Core™2 Duo Mobile
    System momory (RAM): 4GB
    Video memory: 1GB GDDR3
    if u need anything else please let me know and i would be thankful for any info on this.
    Yeah, with that system you will be able to play the game. Maybe you need to turn AA down, but that's it
    For the next time: this is not the appropriate thread for such questions... THIS ONE fits better
    Last edited by D|major; December 01, 2008 at 04:56 AM.
    formerly known as D|need

Icon5 Re: M2TW Cinematic Editor Video Tutorials, Info and Fan Videos!

Thx
    another question, would there be a key to know what everything is in the render.cfg file? mine doenst work now, it crashes every time I try to render stuff. Would this be b/c there are conflicting game configurations and render configs? maybe I accidentally typed in somthing wrong and it blew.

I can definately say that there are no conflicts between game configs and render configs. Apart from that, anything is possible. Have you read the 'FAQ' in the original post of this thread yet? Maybe that gives you some tips.
    formerly known as D|need

IDK its weird.
    when i open the render.bat there a flicker on the screen as it opens and closes really fast, like it tried then crashed. I was thinking I must have accidentally changed it. Wheres the link to copy the render.cfg off of the forums somwhere? ive been trying to find it!

Icon6 Re: M2TW Cinematic Editor Video Tutorials, Info and Fan Videos!

I think i know wat maybe wrong.
    I just reinstalled M2TW b/c i had a resolution problem and I couldnt fix it.
    I have M2TWGold so I didnt have to unistall kingdoms. But if i reinstalled it, would i have to reinstall 1.2? I think it comes with 1.3 by default.

Wait, you reinstalled medieval 2 without reinstalling kingdoms? :hmmm:
    I don't know how that can work. You should better ask in the Technical Help section
    formerly known as D|need

Icon13 Re: M2TW Cinematic Editor Video Tutorials, Info and Fan Videos!

I did it through control panel, ad and remove programs.
    I have figured it out I think, its my default video settings.
    but thx
    Another question, is this a general question or not, My Audacity recordings of sound come out slower than they r supposed to be. Like I will record a sequence that is 10 secs long 4 example. And the recording comes out as 18 secs!! Any way to get a smooth and exact recording?
    Any links that deal with this maybe?
    thx 4 all feedback