Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: M2TW Cinematic Editor Video Tutorials, Info and Fan Videos!

Default Re: M2TW Cinematic Editor Tutorials, Video Tutorial and Fan Videos here!

;( Sorry for my english ^^

Thanks for the answer but the Problem stay

I have change the part
    file = C:\Programme\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\teutonic\replays\Start.rpy

to

file = replays\Start.rpy

but yet the bat data dont startet ;(

I have no ideas

@ I have testet this on M2 and the Problem is the same as Teutonic Kindoms

On the loading screen i am kicked back to windows

evtl. post a member a cfg and i copy this for me ?

help please
    thanks
    Last edited by BenShady; September 12, 2008 at 10:06 AM.

Hesus de bodemloze's Avatar The Gaul
    Civitate Patrician Content Emeritus

Default Re: M2TW Cinematic Editor Tutorials, Video Tutorial and Fan Videos here!

well thats the problem there is no folder called capture_tga, so i made on in this directory

F:\Program Files\Stainless_Steel6.1\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\Stainless_Steel_6\capture_tga

but still it is not working. it all so takes a verry long time to load. i mean i is loading like 4 minuts and then only for a split second it shows the replay and a bit of music afther this it ctd' s.
    Horum omnium fortissimi sunt Belgae :
    Hesus 's Photo Gallery
    The Writers Study|Ex-Global Moderator|Moderation Mentor| Ex - Librarian of the Scriptorium|PoTW|MAARC|ToTW
    SPQR Forum Moderator

ok first of all i use knigdoms campaing and yes i did install medieval into
    C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War

i think it may be the type of winrar i use

D|major's Avatar the key of glory

Quote Originally Posted by Hesus de bodemloze View Post
    well thats the problem there is no folder called capture_tga, so i made on in this directory

F:\Program Files\Stainless_Steel6.1\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\Stainless_Steel_6\capture_tga

but still it is not working. it all so takes a verry long time to load. i mean i is loading like 4 minuts and then only for a split second it shows the replay and a bit of music afther this it ctd' s.
    Don't have much time now, so just a quick note:

The folder wont be here:
    but here:
    F:\Program Files\Stainless_Steel6.1\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\capture_tga

The reason why it's loading that long is because the game has to fast-forward to the point you want to render. So, if your cam is placed for instance at minute 15, it'll take very long time to load. A cam that's at minute 2 will need to load much less.
    If you want to use the Cine_ed for screenshots you probably have short cameras only?! And if you additionally have a fast PC it's no wonder that it renders so quick. The loading part will take much more time than the actual render part. I guess your shots are already rendered and you will find then in the folder I have written above...

About the problems of wrren and benshady I'll have to write later, when I got more time...
    formerly known as D|need
    m2tw cinematic editor tutorials as video and thread | my total war videos
    the picture of the week subforum with great artworks | my pics and vids gallery
    under the patronage of b. ward

hmhm the problem is, there isn' t a folder called capture_tga in here :

F:\Program Files\Stainless_Steel6.1\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\

i will make one my self and check if it works.

edit : well i made the folder in this directory

but it didn' t work so some thing else is causing this.
    Last edited by Hesus de bodemloze; September 13, 2008 at 01:04 PM.
    Hesus 's Photo Gallery
    The Writers Study|Ex-Global Moderator|Moderation Mentor| Ex - Librarian of the Scriptorium|PoTW|MAARC|ToTW
    SPQR Forum Moderator

another thing is wrong. My game isn't going as fast as it should be. The units don't walk they seem to jump. When They Move their hands disapear and then reappear when they move

Hesus, are you sure that the game you are using is installed there:
    I'm pretty sure that the files are already rendered, just don't know where the game saved the avi-files.

wrren, what game do you mean that's jumpy? M2TW ingame, Cinematic Editor or Cine-ed rendering? Also, what do you think is wrong with your WinRar version?
    formerly known as D|need

yes the game of installed on the f drive.

Stainless_steel is installed here :

F:\Program Files\Stainless_Steel6.1\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\Stainless_Steel_6

the cinematic editer files are installed here :

F:\Program Files\Stainless_Steel6.1\SEGA\Medieval II Total War

this is all the same folder for my stainless steel game.
    Hesus 's Photo Gallery
    SPQR Forum Moderator

what i mean by jumoy is that when i play a battle it is really laggy and whn i say laggy i mean they barely even move they just dissapear and then reapper as they move

first of all is win rar free cuz i got it for free and i think that we need to pay for it in order for it to work

i think if you take another look at the message that pops up when i try to open it up(posted on another reply
    i think you should see something wrong

i have lookt for the avi-file every where but couldn' t finde it.
    Hesus 's Photo Gallery
    SPQR Forum Moderator

I will think about the problems again and write to you later, but as you can read in my signature I'm not at home right now and don't have much time online so you gotta wait (till the weekend or so).
    formerly known as D|need

oke man will wait till further instructions.

Edit : oke got it fixt thx for all the help.
    Last edited by Hesus de bodemloze; September 18, 2008 at 12:51 PM.
    Hesus 's Photo Gallery
    SPQR Forum Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Hesus de bodemloze View Post
    oke man will wait till further instructions.

Edit : oke got it fixt thx for all the help.
    Nice, what was the problem? Did you reinstall?
    formerly known as D|need

no i didn' t reinstall i just mest around with some of the things but i don' t remember wish things, hehehe.
    Last edited by Hesus de bodemloze; September 19, 2008 at 11:53 AM.
    Hesus 's Photo Gallery
    SPQR Forum Moderator

anything on my problem??

Quote Originally Posted by wrren400 View Post
    what i mean by jumoy is that when i play a battle it is really laggy and whn i say laggy i mean they barely even move they just dissapear and then reapper as they move
    what are your settings in the game options? did you put your graphics on the highest detail there is?

first of all is win rar free cuz i got it for free and i think that we need to pay for it in order for it to work
    win rar is a free program, you don' t need to pay for it.
    Hesus 's Photo Gallery
    SPQR Forum Moderator

So I've updated the FAQ in the first post of this thread. I've included anything I know about the Cine-ed. So pls don't ask me no more but read them
    Here you go:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Q: I want to start the Cinematic Editor but it only loads Medieval II in a window. What am I doing wrong?
    A: 1) Make sure that you have installed Patch 1.2 or newer or the expansion pack.
    2) Check all file names and file paths in the cine-ed_edit.cfg and cine-ed_render.cfg. Are you sure that the installation path of your game is the same as the paths in the *.cfg-file? Do you have a localized windows version, that means your game is not installed at
    C:\Program Files\SEGA\
    but somewhere else, for example
    C:\Programme\SEGA\ (german),
    C:\Programmer\SEGA\ (danish),
    C:\Programmi\SEGA\ (italian),
    C:\Programmes\SEGA\ (french).
    3) If you use Vista there is yet another file path. For english versions it is
    C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War (Vista).

Q: I'm getting black renders when using the render.bat. What is the cause of this and how can I fix it?
    A: 1) Does it playback ok in cined? Do you see the frames being rendered ok when you run the render? Keep in mind that the CineEd captures directly from the screen when rendering. Meaning, if you move your mouse cursor over the window while rendering it will capture it. If you have a screen-saver running while rendering, it will capture that too. Make sure you have your screen saver turned off and that you can see the frames rendering ok.
    2) If you use Windows Vista, try to switch from the Aero interface to the standard Windows interface. Aero seems to cause the black rendered video. To disable Aero follow these steps: right-click on desktop, go to "Personalize", then "Theme", then under the Theme drop-down menu, go to "Windows Classic" then click "Apply" and no more Vista Aero! Go through the same steps to get the original theme back (thanks to theseus1234 for the explanation).
    3) If your PC is too slow to play back the big and uncompressed rendered video files you should try and compress the video first.
    4) When you export the rendered cameras into Adobe Premiere, make sure that the alpha channel is disabled. It let your scenes turn out black.

Q: Is the CineEd able to render sound?
    A: No, CineEd doesn't render sound, you will need to capture it from your replay and edit it yourself. How to do this is explained in the video tutorial.

Q: Why does my video have only 30 fps, even though I have changed it to 60 fps in the config file?
    A: Caliban: "It may be that the retail medieval2.exe does not support changing of fps via config. I use our release build internally which has some debug commands that may not have been exposed for the retail.exe".

Q: Fraps. How to include Fraps in Cinematic Editor?
    A: You don't need Fraps if you work with the Cinematic Editor. The CineEd renders the video itself.

Q: How can I make use of those camera effects like the shaking camera?
    A: Check the boxes Noise Amp, Noise Freq, Roll Noise Amp, Roll Noise Freq. There will appear some lines. Just play a bit with the lines... put both, Noise Amp and Roll Noise Amp a bit from the original point (no matter whether you do it horizontally or with gradient) and put a little gradient to Noise Freq and Roll Noise Freq, just like I did in this screenshot:

Q: It keeps kicking me out when it is loading, I get to the loading screen then it kicks me out. What am I doing wrong?
    A: Usually the reason for this is an outdated version of the game. Download the latest patch (1.3 for M2TW and 1.5 for Kingdoms) and try it again. It also happens when there are spelling mistakes or path errors in your config files. Check the exact name and path for your replay and camera files and mod folder (if using one) in your config files.

Q: How do I remove the unit flags?
    A: Open the render.cfg and change the line
    show_banners = 1
    into
    show_banners = 0

Q: I can't find my rendered scenes. Where are they saved at?
    A: 1) Go into your M2TW installation directory. There should be a subfolder called capture_tga. If you use the Kingdoms expansion or a mod the scenes could be saved in the subfolder of that mod/campiagn.
    2) Make sure that you ran the cine-ed_render.bat. If you started this file but the game doesn't load correctly and doesn't show the rendering scenes in slow-motion, you have made some mistakes in the cine-ed_render.cfg. Open it again and check all file names and file paths.

Q: I am using Vista and I can't find the replay where I want to use the Cine-Ed with. Where is the replay folder on Vista?
    A: The default folder of the Medieval II installation on Vista is:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War
    However, the replays are not saved there. They are saved in this folder by default:
    C:\Users\<User Name>\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War
    Instead of <User Name> it should be the name of your Windows user account.

Q: Where can i get that freeware program WinRAR? I checked my pc but I can't find it.
    A: Google is a great website! It certainly helps you with that serious issue!

Q: I don't have any Replays folder.
    A: You need to play a replay first, of course. And if you use a mod or Kingdoms campaign, the Replays folder is in the subfolder of that mod/expansion.

Q: In the camera view mode, I can't move the camera using the WASD and Arrow keys. It's simply stuck.
    A: You need to make sure that your keyframes are selected. To select them press [ or ] (on english keyboards) to select the previous or next keyframe. Press the other key to go back to the original frame... It's a bit tricky, I know...
    If you use non-english keyboards you should try the keys directly left of backspace.

Q: If I have a camera with 3 keyframes, the camera move doesn't flow smoothly at all, it will slow down as it approaches the 2nd key frame, and then speed up again very suddenly and slowing down before approaching the 3rd keyframe. I want the camera to ease in and out, but I want the speed to remain constant as it passes the 2nd keyframe.
    A: The smoothness of easing depends on the relation of the three keyframes to each other, the angle and the time distance between them. For instance, if the first keyframe is about 50 metres away from the second, and the third keyframe goes 5 metres back into the direction of the first keyframe, the camera will move a lot behind of the second keyframe, before it moves back to the third... Hard to explain, just try a little more.

Q: I have the problem that Audacity won't record the sound.
    A: That happens if you chose the wrong sound input. Open your windows sound control

Open the option menu, choose record, hit ok and make sure that the stereo mix box is checked (some systems have different names for the sound output. You need to trial & error then):

The volume can be turned nearly down because it records the output very loud otherwise...

Also make sure that you selected stereo mix in audacity:

Q: Can I use the Cinematic Editor on Rome: Total War?
    A: There is a different movie editor for RTW, the movie_cam. There is a great tutorial about it, you can read it here.

Q: Hey D|need! You are so awesome! The tutorial is ing great!!!1 How can you be so good?
    A: Yeah I know, thanks. It's a secret how to become that good. And you wont get to know it!

anything on my problem??
    Okay, if you use Kingdoms then you need to use the kingdoms_cine-ed-files too. Watch the second video tutorial and download the correct cine-ed-files...

Regards,
    D|need
    formerly known as D|need